Jedism hippies?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192914 by
Replied by on topic Jedism hippies?
As an old hippie (not an ex-hippie) the issues (concerns, priorities, political agenda) remain the same: peace and justice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192918 by
From my POV there's a lot of similarities but one difference stands out. The hippies I've known, while quite educated and had their hearts in the right places, they never really acted much. A lot of resemblence to the South Park episode "Die, Hippie. Die" where Cartman says something along the line of "They say they wanna change the world but all they do is smoke weed and smell bad". But to be fair the (admittedly few) hippies I've known did adhere to common principles regarding personal hygiene. While smoking a lot of weed.
Jedis seem more inclined to actually act.
Having no other spiritual brethren anywhere but here that might be an unfair assessment but it's how I feel about it.
Ideologically, I'd say the most noticable difference is whether or not to use physical force in a situation that warrants it. Hippies wouldn't, Jedis would.

All the above is a strictly subjective opinion and may be subject to change when and if needed.
The term "Hippie" relates only and exclusively to the ones with whom I have personal knowledge and experience and not to the movement as a whole.

More
8 years 10 months ago #192919 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Jedism hippies?

OB1Shinobi wrote: steamboat looked tough enough in the v-log he posted but Roz battles with a HEMA group wearing armor and stuff AND SHE HAS A LIGHT SABER

I am pretty tough, but it's been a loooooong time since I've been into either MA or HEMA, and Roz could totally kick the crap out of me.

Besides, I was fine with her til the patchouli. That stuff smells like BO and despair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J_Roz, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 10 months ago #192921 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Jedism hippies?

steamboat28 wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: steamboat looked tough enough in the v-log he posted but Roz battles with a HEMA group wearing armor and stuff AND SHE HAS A LIGHT SABER

I am pretty tough, but it's been a loooooong time since I've been into either MA or HEMA, and Roz could totally kick the crap out of me.

Besides, I was fine with her til the patchouli. That stuff smells like BO and despair.

That's all good. ;) Love you both. You are always welcome at my fire and I promise no patchouli. I think tha'ts the spirit of being a Jedi and a Hippie is community and exactly what Alan said.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192922 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Jedism hippies?
"theres nothing you can do that cant be done
theres nohing you can sing that cant be sung
theres nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
its EASY

theres nothing you can make that cant be made
no one you can save that cant be saved
nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time its EASY.. "

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192923 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedism hippies?
when the mooooonnnnn is in the seventhhhh hooouuussssee, and Jupiter, aligns with Mars...

Then peeeaaaccceee will guide the planetssss, and love will steer the stars!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

(Why can't I imbed?)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, , OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #192932 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedism hippies?
Sure, why not :P

Makes me wonder about the iterations of 'hippy'!!??
.............................'zen'
................................|
homeless-stoner-hippy-feral-nutter
................................|
...........................tripper

LOL, hmmmm, where Jedi might be an offshoot of 'zen'. I use zen here in the popular culture sense, and not the actual Zen sense. Perhaps mellow dude might have been better then using zen... anyway, the hippy Jedi then perhaps I think is more engaged in society in an active way then the hippy, but relates to the hippy still
:S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192940 by
As is with us today, back in the day...Alan Watts was on the 'must read' list. My other favorite was Ram Das.

Non-conformity in regards to main stream society was the life-style imperative. But most importantly non-conformity was changing the way you think, so we experimented with not being racists or sexists, nationalists or ethnic chauvinists. Experiencing altered states of consciousness included (for some) drugs but for others meditation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #192965 by

Trashboat wrote: Jus wondering, is Jediism sort of like a hippie philosophy? I just want to know if there is a cross between Jedi and hippies.

Every once in a while I start to worry when I see a TV show or movie with the overly stereotypical hippies in it. I quickly look over at my fiance and ask "I'm not turning in to that, am I?" The answer is always "No. You bathe, you can't go a week without pizza and/or a cheeseburger, and while you aim for peace you are constantly armed like you're going to fight with the Punisher." (she doesn't say exactly that, but that's the gist)

There are similarities and one can be both, but the great thing about Jediism is how diverse it allows it's followers to be. I am a Jedi, but I am not a hippie. Others are hippies but not Jedi, and there are people who are both.

More
8 years 10 months ago #192992 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Jedism hippies?
I sweat patchouli and my man-foliage tends to dread..

#hippy

The Force is with you, always.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi