How many different languages are spoken in the Temple?

More
8 years 11 months ago #192593 by J_Roz
I speak Ojibwe/Anishinabemowin and a tiny bit of Cherokee, plus good English//bad English. Oh and Old English.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #192651 by Adder

ren wrote:

Adder wrote: Maybe this in Mandarin (requires font installed)
愿 原 与 你 同 在 - which has 'Force' as spirit/alert/intelligence
Yuàn yuán líng yǔ nǐ tóng zài

愿 原 与 你 同 在 - which has 'Force' as strength/power/force
Yuàn yuán yǔ nǐ tóng zài

Not 道 ?)

Yes, nice one, perhaps each SIG would have its own unique version of the saying (in some languages)... which makes me wonder just how many characters would be suitable in Mandarin
:huh:
愿 原 与 你 同 在
Yuàn yuán dào yǔ nǐ tóng zài

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195035 by
I speak Dutch, English, little bit of German, (maybe Spanish for my study in the near future,) and a bunch loose words in Japanese..

In dutch we say:

,,May the force be with you'' ===> ,,Moge de kracht met je zijn.''
,,May the force be with you all'' ===> ,,Moge de kracht met jullie allen zijn.''

And my personal Signature phrase..

,,May the force shine upon you'' ===> ,,Moge de kracht over jullie stralen.''

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195042 by
I speak English and Scythmir (a language of my own devising). Images and words.

I've always wanted to learn a second language, but I have a bit of a learning disability that makes learning difficult without more hands on tutoring. I've always wanted to learn French or Japanese personally.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195045 by

CryojenX wrote: I speak English and Scythmir (a language of my own devising). Images and words.

I've always wanted to learn a second language, but I have a bit of a learning disability that makes learning difficult without more hands on tutoring. I've always wanted to learn French or Japanese personally.

I am dyslectic, I work with books and speak multiple languages. If you really want to, you should do it! If I can do, you can do too. I think that there are French speaking Jedi knight(s) at the temple that would help you, or point you in the right direction, like a study forum outside the temple.
I am lightly expressed ''quite handy'' with searching, and could maybe get my hands on some French / English learning material if you are really interested. The only thing that could hold you back, it the will inside.

No worries, I have not the will to learn foreign languages.. most of the time I was forced to do. Living at the border with Germany, English is a must have in the Netherlands, and some Japanese because of my former sensei.. But I had never felt sorry for the study in the end. But languages can be very useful if mastered to certain degree. But it all depends on how much you would like to use it. How handy you are with it and what holds you back to study it..

~ Aqua :blush:
,,Language is like drawing, only the rules vary.''
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195061 by

Aqua wrote:

CryojenX wrote: I speak English and Scythmir (a language of my own devising). Images and words.

I am dyslectic, I work with books and speak multiple languages. If you really want to, you should do it! If I can do, you can do too. I think that there are French speaking Jedi knight(s) at the temple that would help you, or point you in the right direction, like a study forum outside the temple.
I am lightly expressed ''quite handy'' with searching, and could maybe get my hands on some French / English learning material if you are really interested. The only thing that could hold you back, it the will inside.

No worries, I have not the will to learn foreign languages.. most of the time I was forced to do. Living at the border with Germany, English is a must have in the Netherlands, and some Japanese because of my former sensei.. But I had never felt sorry for the study in the end. But languages can be very useful if mastered to certain degree. But it all depends on how much you would like to use it. How handy you are with it and what holds you back to study it..

~ Aqua :blush:
,,Language is like drawing, only the rules vary.''

I REALLY would love to learn French. I'm smitten with the sound of the language, and the rich beauty of the country's architecture and art. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195063 by
I speak English and some Mohawk. I will get out my handy English to Mohawk dictionary and try to translate.

More
8 years 10 months ago #195080 by Cyan Sarden

Jedi_Roz wrote: Oh and Old English.

Hwæt?

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195082 by

CryojenX wrote:

Warning: Spoiler!

I REALLY would love to learn French. I'm smitten with the sound of the language, and the rich beauty of the country's architecture and art. :)

Well, then I shall look if I can find some usable online books and links when I have the time for it! ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi