Help

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #189566 by
Help was created by
what does this mean:
"Pushing your boundaries by immersing yourself into developing the teachings for your own life will help you become a better person. In turn, it is hoped that people who see you will want to better themselves so they can better the world around them. By doing this, you also push the boundaries of other members here at ToTJO to be better than who they were the day before. That is how a good system works, but it starts with the individual."
And why me, can you start this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #189568 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:Help
Where is that posted from?

Regardless, I take it to mean that as you come to develop yourself, you become the example for others. If nobody believed there was anything to gain from learning here they probably wouldn't stay. Our students are our foundation (and our example).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'why me', I took it that 'you' in the paragraph was a more general 'you'.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Loudzoo

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #189570 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Help
theres absolutely no way anyone can prevent the fact that they influence other people

if you vanish without a trace even your disappearance will affect the cognitive system of the people who know you and must reconcile the loss

every action and every interaction of every person happens both as a result and as a promotion of the underlying motive

it is these which are the real messages of our interactions

and every message we spread will find and influence an audience

by developing our own characters and our own compassion we elevate the nature of the messages which we give to our audiences

we are responsible for the contents of our messages whether we realize what we are doing or not

certainly youre responsible for it now that youre aware of it

at a certain point it is no longer possible to be honest with myself without seeing that i am as flawed as anyone else - including the real villains of life

there is a scoundrel within me as much as anyone

by learning to recognize myself within the foolishness or simple imperfection of others
i elevate my own desire to grow and my willingness to forgive

this proccess elevates the quality of my message every time it renews

the same principle applies to us all

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #189583 by
Replied by on topic Help
Or, as we say in the fictional world

"When a Jedi behaves badly in public, an observer might think, 'If this Jedi is a representative of the whole Order, then plainly no Jedi is worth respect.' On meeting a second Jedi, who behaves better than the first, that same person might think, 'Does this say that half the Jedi are good, and half bad?' On meeting a third Jedi, who behaves as well as the second, the person thinks, 'Was the first Jedi an exception, then?' In this way, only by the good behavior of several Jedi can the public be certain that the poor behavior of one Jedi was unusual. Thus, it takes many Jedi to undo the mistakes of one."

―Odan-Urr

Every action a Jedi made reflected on the Order. Good deeds boosted the Order's reputation, but poor behavior sometimes caused incurable damage. Jedi were taught to remember that each person they met might not have set eyes upon a Jedi before, and that the acts of the particular Jedi that person would influence their perception of the Jedi Order as a whole.

You were influenced by the people here enough to post and learn. With time and interaction in the community...newer members that come after you....will learn and be inspired by you, as will everyone else. Our actions are like little pebbles thrown into a pond, each one creating ripples and waves. <--yes, even dull and boring kit can be philosophical :whistle: :woohoo: :laugh: :P

More
8 years 11 months ago #189585 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Help
It's not posted anywhere public, it was in a PM.

Anyways, all three of you have "hit the nail on the head" ^^

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190469 by
Replied by on topic Help
Trashboat, personal attacks of that nature are not tolerated. Another one and I will personally begin the banning process.

PS- my son and I love regular show.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi