Dream job?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 7 months ago #158481 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Dream job?
Taking the jobs no one wants is my middle name...

I am fearless... :lol:...

Then no one can tell me they have it worse...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #158483 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Dream job?

Jestor wrote: Taking the jobs no one wants is my middle name...

Our resident mike rowe :woohoo:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 7 months ago #158494 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Dream job?

Jestor wrote: Taking the jobs no one wants is my middle name...

That's a long, long middle name... I Wonder how your ID card looks like

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158507 by
Replied by on topic Dream job?
Sorry, as the guy making ID cards, you get 1/ONE/Uno/Single!!! :woohoo:

I wouldn't know how to fit pig farming / chicken raising / Public Works / Trustee / Councilor / Ass Kicker...On a 2.5 x 3 card ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158514 by
You've said what you want, like and don't like. Stop thinking/rationalizing so much.

What is your passion and what does you gut tell you?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158606 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: You've said what you want, like and don't like. Stop thinking/rationalizing so much.

What is your passion and what does you gut tell you?

My gut alternates between two different things every now and then. At the moment I'm more inclined towards the risky way, start at the bottom (an apprenticeship) and work my way up.

Say I was to go on a security services technical apprenticeship and I was to try to work my way up from there. Would getting an engineering degree be possible later in life? Or at least engineering education that I could do in my spare time?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #158610 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Dream job?
Anything is possible...

What your mind can conceive your body can achieve, it only takes focus, determination, and effort

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158729 by

My gut alternates between two different things every now and then. At the moment I'm more inclined towards the risky way, start at the bottom (an apprenticeship) and work my way up.

Say I was to go on a security services technical apprenticeship and I was to try to work my way up from there. Would getting an engineering degree be possible later in life? Or at least engineering education that I could do in my spare time?

It's your thoughts that are causing the alternating. DITTO RyuJin

More
9 years 7 months ago #158738 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Dream job?

Frost wrote: My gut alternates between two different things every now and then. At the moment I'm more inclined towards the risky way, start at the bottom (an apprenticeship) and work my way up.

You can always change your mind.... my firm have an apprentice and when she's completed her apprenticeship my firm will likely fund her full training. You might find this possible with engineering.

And a degree is always possible in later life... I never went to university, I got a job with a firm that paid for my training. Now that I've done that I'm doing a degree in my spare time.

I agree with RyuJin.. you can achieve whatever you want.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #158740 by

Frost wrote: My gut alternates between two different things every now and then. At the moment I'm more inclined towards the risky way, start at the bottom (an apprenticeship) and work my way up.

I mentioned I'd worked in a college before? For the first two years I recruited people for Engineering and Construction courses, before going on to head up recruitment for the whole college. Most of the practical people wanted apprenticeships, the theoretical people (CAD etc) wanted uni. If you're keen to get an apprenticeship you're probably looking at having a Level 2 (equivalent of 4/5 A*-C grade GCSEs) practical or Level 3 (equivalent of 3 A-C grade A-Levels) theoretical qualification in Engineering in order to be competitive in the UK market. Apprenticeships are like jobs, they work on an application form and interview basis and the most qualified and experienced people get interviewed, unless you have a personal contact who can offer you a route in.

If you'd like any more info I only left the college 6 months ago, so I'm still pretty up to date.

Good luck!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi