Dream job?

More
9 years 7 months ago #158766 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Dream job?
I would just like to do this for my "job".

That would be quite satisfying ... :cheer:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #158780 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Dream job?

Alexandre Orion wrote: I would just like to do this for my "job".

That would be quite satisfying ... :cheer:

If I didn't have to pay bills I'd be right there with you on that...

As it is now those bills won't be getting paid unless I get a job :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #158879 by
Replied by on topic Dream job?
You talk about working hard, helping people, and not caring a great deal about pay. I have a friend who drives an ambulance and he talks all the time about those three things exactly. Maybe something like that?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171402 by
Hello all. Partly in thanks to all of your wonderful advice I've decided what I need to do and I think it's only fair I update you all.

I've decided that University is something I need to do to go anywhere in the field I wish to work in and the field I've chosen to study is aerospace engineering. This is something which I mentioned in my initial post and the idea has grown hugely on me. First and foremost because SPACE!!! But seriously, I find the area hugely interesting and cannot see any issues with me struggling to apply myself because of my interest with it.

Secondly I hardly think it'd be too ridiculous of me to suggest our future as a race is out amongst the stars exploring what we do not yet know and meeting races who are yet completely unknown. Whilst I of course am extremely unlikely to actually experience any of these things myself I'd be extremely happy just to do my part in laying the foundations of such a future. Also Aerospace engineering can lead into several various careers from building planes, to working at the ESA to being in the military and all have the potential to result in a trip to space (I could not think of anything more exciting!).

Finally, my slightly more odd reasoning is that in my mind I will be helping people, not directly necessarily but the human race currently provides a huge threat to itself. How easy it would be to eliminate the entire worlds population right now is alarming when you think about it so the sooner we get exploring and colonizing the better our chances of survival become. Also whilst aerospace engineering is obviously a fairly specialized field of engineering it does teach many engineering skills applicable to other things that could always use to make devices to assist people if I come up with the ideas.

So thanks hugely to everyone for all the helpful advice, I'm happy with my decision and am currently hearing back from the universities about my application over the current few weeks!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171406 by
Happy to be of service. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you're going to do. Aerospace Engineering sounds awesome (although way too difficult in math terms for me LOL). I'm sure that you're interest will carry you far.

May the Force be with you on this next phase of your path. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171542 by
My dream job would be helping people around the world who needs serious help with anything like medicine, security help, advice, shelter, or just someone to talk to because The're so lonely. I would like to wish you good luck in your upcoming path and hope you find what you are looking for. May the force be with you fellow Jedi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi