Connor is back

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153794 by
Replied by on topic Connor is back
That's truly amazing! You've done what many only dream about doing. Thank you for sharing. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153798 by
Agreed, I'm really pleased for you Connor. That sounds very positive :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153824 by
Thanks you guys. :) I feel incredibly lucky and glad I was able to have the experience.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153831 by
My brother trained as an opera singer then after college pretty much gave up singing and did various jobs for ten years or so. He's just got back into it and although he is less financially stable he seems much happier than he has in years now he's teaching and performing again. Follow your bliss man!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153869 by
It's near impossible to be a professional opera singer right out of college. Many, MANY singers do other work and audition for 5-7 years before getting a contract.

The only exception is the younger looking people who tend to play "child" or "teen" roles in their 20s.

However, I can get a contract doing an opera chorus somewhere or working music admin for a while during my studies. Or, I could even go ahead and get a doctorate before my career. Lots of options. :)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 7 months ago #153871 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Connor is back
That and most opera singers dont yet have the vocal stamina for full performance until at least their late 20s. Its one of those rare fields where age is not an issue :)

My own vocal coach didnt start training until she was almost 40 and is now an incredibly well respected mezzo who works full time on the stage.

Gives me hope!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #153883 by
Yes absolutely! You can start a career at a lot of times. My friend is 65 and he's starting a Bass career now! He's performing too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi