Still Around

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153154 by
Still Around was created by
Just thought I drop by for a short. I am still around but I do not post any more. I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself. I did get to talk to Brenna in chat the other night and that was nice talking to her again. I check in every now
and then and read some of the posts that interest me.

One post that caught my eye lately was the post called Jedism - Secret Understanding and the one called Jedi Swords and Inner Alchemy. Only read a few entries of both. The Inner Alchemy one caught my eye becauseI am currently studying Esoteric teachings of various religions and faiths. Within these teachings most of them talk about a change within to affect a change
without, which is why the Inner Alchemy post caught my eye.

Anyways not much else to say, unless anyone has any questions for me. For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #153159 by
Replied by on topic Still Around
Hi Scott, good to see you're still around.

scott777ab wrote: I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself.

Why's that?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 8 months ago #153163 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Still Around
It was really nice to see you Scott. Its been a while :)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153272 by

tzb wrote: Hi Scott, good to see you're still around.

scott777ab wrote: I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself.

Why's that?

Why not?

But to give a better answer. I just do not find it productive to argue anymore. What I believe is what I believe, no one is going to change that but me; it is pointless for me to argue a point trying to change someone else. If someone wants to know what I believe about something they can ask me, but I am not going to just blab my mouth no more. I have better things to do.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 8 months ago #153298 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Still Around

scott777ab wrote:
But to give a better answer. I just do not find it productive to argue anymore. What I believe is what I believe, no one is going to change that but me; it is pointless for me to argue a point trying to change someone else. If someone wants to know what I believe about something they can ask me, but I am not going to just blab my mouth no more. I have better things to do.

None of us find it productive to argue, although it still happens...

Another Councillor and I get into a frustrating debate that had both of us wondering if the other one was being abstinate about the topic, and purposely trying to be confusing....

Well, we have chatted long enough that we knew this wasnt the case, so, we took a deep breath, and tried, "from the top" one more time to try to get across what each other meant, and that was it!

We are now on the same page, but, if either of us would have thrown in the towel, the situation would not be resolved, and one, or both of the parties might feel like they are not being heard....

Sharing ideas, and trying to understand others, will get heated sometimes...

But, if done in the spirit of reaching understanding, as opposed to trolling, lol, then it may in be beneficial...

We are all on a course, a path....

And, when we come into contact with others, they alter our course ever so slightly, even where we cant perceive it...

And, the exchange of ideas is a great thing...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #153305 by

scott777ab wrote: What I believe is what I believe, no one is going to change that but me

That's a pity. Your ideas are interesting to me and I'm sure to others as well. I may not have agreed with all of them but I still like to consider things from different perspectives. I find the opinions of others often help me evolve my own thinking, or consider things in ways I wouldn't have been able to alone - it's a shame that's not been an enjoyable or productive experience for you. It's one of the things which keeps me coming here.

Perhaps this opinion will develop over time and you might consider sharing some of your insights in future. The fact you're here is invitation enough to join the conversation and share your perspective :)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153312 by

scott777ab wrote: . I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself.

Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place.

For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153325 by

tzb wrote:

scott777ab wrote: What I believe is what I believe, no one is going to change that but me

That's a pity. Your ideas are interesting to me and I'm sure to others as well. I may not have agreed with all of them but I still like to consider things from different perspectives. I find the opinions of others often help me evolve my own thinking, or consider things in ways I wouldn't have been able to alone - it's a shame that's not been an enjoyable or productive experience for you. It's one of the things which keeps me coming here.

Perhaps this opinion will develop over time and you might consider sharing some of your insights in future. The fact you're here is invitation enough to join the conversation and share your perspective :)

I do believe you misunderstand me. When I said,

that is a true statement. No one can change another person's belief but they themselves, and then there are some even when faced with facts will not change what they believe no matter what. The latter people are delusional, I am just stubborn. I know this, and try not to be. My beliefs have changed drastically over the years I do not believe what I used to believe say ten or twenty years ago. My belief structure is consistently changing. It may not be changing in drastic ways no more but it still is changing.

I feel as though I am a person who is consistently growing spiritually and mentally while at the same time my physical body is failing me. There is not much I can do about the latter part, I have a bad heart and have a pacemaker, I have curvature of the spine and several other problems.

Here is an example of one major belief that has changed drastically. I used to believe that God was ONLY the God mentioned in the bible, and that all other so called gods were nothing but demons. Now I tend to lean more toward the idea that the force, which to me is the energy of the universe, is God; and it is part of everything and everything is part of it. When I say I believe in God I am not talking about some figure from the bible, I am talking about the force or underlying energy field of all things. I do believe this field is conscious and aware. I believe the force/God moves through us and guides and like most people wants things to be better but understands that not so good things do happen.

An example of what I mean would be to consider this. Let's take the force/God and compare it to a person who rapes and murders women. The rapist has raped and killed, let say 234 women, in comparison to the force letting a sun blow up and destroy a planet of say 1,000,000 souls. Which is more evil in comparison?

What I mean by bringing this up is I do not believe the force/God works in the same way as we humans do, we tend to see rape and murder as evil while the force/God sees this as part of itself. We ourselves have our dark and light, why would it be so hard to think that the force/God would have dark and light in itself?

Going back to the bible it even supports the idea that God creates evil.
[Isa 45:7 KJV] 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
This is the King James Version of the bible, the version that bible thumpers and holy rollers use. Read that verse again, it says I form the light and create darkness. That is the force/God speaking. It also says I make peace, and create evil. Then it goes on and tells you exactly who the "I" is. I the LORD. That word LORD in Hebrew is the YHWH or Jehovah, basically God.

I personally have become very eclectic in my belief structure. I will say that this site was the strong point is helping me realize that all these faith systems of light and dark both have very similar structures to them. Most of them are talking about a certain change. This change is a change within, a spiritual change if you will. I tend to think of it more as a vibrational change of your thought energy to a new vibration or thought process. But is not this very energy the spirit of force/God? We would like everything to be happy go lucky in our lives and likewise I believe that force/God also would like everything to be happy god lucky in the universe. But I believe also to allow a universe of not just free will but free action force/God has to let things happen as they happen. To remove free will or free action from any part of the equation is nothing more than a person remotely controlling a robot so to speak.

I personally can see benefit in the study of Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, TAOism, etc. Likewise I can see benefit in the study of demonology, Satanism, Left Hand, Left Path, Dark Side theologies. Does this mean I have to follow any one of these to my determent? NO. As a person who considers them-self eclectic I am able to gather and collect what I consider the best of all faith system regardless of whether that idea comes from a Dark Side or Light Side approach.

Now as far as Jediism goes, I am sorry but I find the Jedi Code mentally a complete farce. The code I am refering to is this one:

There is no Emotion; There is Peace.
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge.
There is no Passion; There is Serenity.
There is no Chaos: There is Harmony.
There is no Death; There is the Force.

Peace can be an Emotion. You can have Peace of mind. Which to me is a stilled mind. This in turns leads to the emotion of joy and happiness.
There is always ignorance, no one knows everything thereby this statement to me is very misleading and damaging to the growth of anyone.
Then there is the part on serenity, what is that anyways. A state of being calm, peaceful, and tranquil. I would question is not peacefulness both an emotion and passion?
Now the rest of the code I can agree with. There is no Chaos, the universe is as it is and is in perfect working order to allow both free will and free action to occur. There is harmony, all is in harmony till those of free will and free action decide that things are not in harmony, but this is our choice and not one of the wisest choices that we tend to make either; is it?
Then the last line, there is no death. I agree with this statement because I personally believe that I have had two near death experiences myself. I know that the body houses something greater than what we see in the mirror on a daily basis if we choose to look in the mirror. I personally try to look within to search out the whys I do this, and the whys of thinking this or that.
Then the very last part I agree with also. There is the force, but I view this more as, there is the force/God.

Well if you read all of this congratulations, you are now insane. LOL. Just kidding.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153327 by

Rickie The Grey wrote:

scott777ab wrote: . I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself.

See my post above.

Rickie The Grey wrote:

For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL.

By secret place I mean that place which is within. If you don't understand sorry. Those who do know what I am talking about.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi