D&D

More
10 years 3 months ago #134195 by steamboat28
D&D was created by steamboat28
Yestermorn, in chat, there were a couple of people who expressed an interest in tabletop role-playing games and a desire to learn how to play them.

SO. This is gonna be another one of those "only press 'Thank You' if you're interested, so I can get a headcount" threads.

If I were to pull out some old adventure paths and start an RPG class (starting with 3.5 D&D and working through whatever anyone else finds interesting), who'd want to hop into those games?

I won't exclude knowledgeable, experienced players, but know that any game I run like this will be heavily-geared to be newbie-friendly, with mostly core-only material until folks get the hang of it. Campaigns my be short--just long enough to learn the game and have some fun, and limited to the pre-written adventures I have access to--but if there's desire after that for a longer term thing, we can probably work something out.

So, what about it, Jedi? Who wants to try their luck at my table?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH, Kit and 10 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #134199 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic D&D
That sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I don't know that I would have time to be a regular player, but I would love to be able to at least drop in and watch from time to time. I use to love playing D&D... my friends and I would stay up all Friday and Saturday night playing. We waisted so many weekends! :P

But it was great fun! :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #134200 by
Replied by on topic D&D
Coool !
would it be played online or on a genuine table ?
Like Wescli, I used to play D&D when I was young (30 years ago :whistle: ) but I don't have many time.
That said, it would be a great pleasure (and a return to my adolescence) to play again. :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #134201 by
Replied by on topic D&D
I used to play D & D in middle school many moons ago. Recently, I bought the Star Wars Roleplaying Game-2007 version. That would be cool to play since this is a Jedi site. Although I would be interested in D & D as well.

More
10 years 3 months ago #134204 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic D&D
I'll just leave this here...

http://roll20.net/

Have fun. ;)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Wescli Wardest

More
10 years 3 months ago #134206 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic D&D
A few clarifications, because I totally forgot to give them in the first post:
  • It would be played online in Roll20.net's virtual tabletop. This can be routed through a Google Hangout if desired, so there will be full audio/video chat support for those of you who hate typing.
  • D&D will be first, because it's the reason the d20 gaming system [strike]is[/strike] was so widely considered universal. If you learn D&D 3/3.5, you'll also be able to play any other d20 game, like the new Star Wars games, d20 Modern, d20 Future, etc.
  • This will be a teaching experience geared toward first-time gamers. I invite anyone of any skill level to join in the games, but please understand that we will be dealing with very basic concepts, and may take a few sessions before the game even starts to explain key points of the rules. Experienced players are welcome to sit in on those or skip them as they wish, I just ask that they be respectful of the beginners in doing so.
  • These games will have a limited number of players, but anybody is welcome to drop in and see what's going on. If a group fills up, I'll look at starting another group to run at a different time. If you don't want to play, or aren't sure if you do, but you're curious? Come on in. I'll post the times of the Hangouts for everybody to see, and (with the permission of those involved) will most likely try to do the teaching portions as Hangouts On-Air, or in a similarly recorded fashion, for those of you who can't make it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #134216 by
Replied by on topic D&D
I think we should start a Diplomacy tournament. That's just me, though. Very easy to play without the other person being near you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)

Have fun with D&D though! I've never played it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #134223 by
Replied by on topic D&D
Duuuuude, I have been playing D&D for YEARS and I love teaching new people! I'd love to be a part of it, knowing full well to keep to the core rules and not go too fast. Exciting!!

More
10 years 3 months ago #134225 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic D&D
Great idea! I can offer this for Pathfinder (which is a smoother D&D 3.5) Or if you need assistance in running things/starting a second group if your first fills. Or I can enlist the husband to run D&D haha. He's been a DM for much longer than I've GM'd for Pathfinder. I'm sure I could run D&D...just need to remember the rules haha. Been years since we moved from D&D to Pathfinder!

:D This makes me want to offer to run my home-brewed campaign here!

Are you going to go through Character Creation or will you be running pre-made toons?

More
10 years 3 months ago #134227 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic D&D
I'm gonna give a step-by-step guided tour of the whole 3.5 SRD (more fun than it sounds, promise) in a short time period, and do full character creation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi