Saber Smithing - What's Colour would you have and why?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #144932 by
@Psyc20...You think so? I never really considered ultraviolet as a colour before but it sounds cool! :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #148258 by Kohadre

Zeph wrote: Hum... I really do prefer my sword... ;x with a sharp blade... that can slash things lol

I really do have to agree with this.

Having a lightsaber is an interesting novelty, however nothing compares to the feel you get from a real sword. These blades command respect, discipline, and poise unless you want to end up seriously injuring yourself and/or someone else.

Zeph, I know you mentioned it before, but I would truly be interested in a course on forging a blade if you were so motivated to create one.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Kohadre.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #153246 by
Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I posted here but I've stumbled across a bit of a hurdle while building my saber. I was actually wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to craft a removable blade for mine? I have a plastic tube that I've adjusted to the correct length for the blade, but I'm not sure how to go about attaching it in a way that is removable. I'd like to be able to alternate between commemorative/ceremonial display piece and actual useable blade.

Thanks in advance!

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #153275 by RyuJin
Drill a hole in the emitter (the part the blade goes in) and install a set screw...most custom sabers from tcss or ultrasabers use this method...even the forcefx conversions do this...it's easy to do...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi