The Grateful Thread

More
9 years 1 month ago #182922 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Grateful Thread
This is probably one of the weirdest forum posts I've made. :huh:

Since about 10 o'clock this morning, I've been in a pretty bizarre space. It has been one of those days where "absolutely nothing in Life is good, EVERY BLOODY THING needs to be different, I don't have the time to do anything, I'm nothing, I'm a f*cking idiot who pretends to have some measure of cleverness, I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't even frakkin' cook ! My Life is just miserable and no one gives a shit ... !"

:( * :ohmy: * :angry: * :pinch: * :angry: * :dry: * :(

One of those kinds of days, you know ... :S

Well, as it were :
  • It's the first day of my winter holiday (I have a week off) ... how the hell is that not having time for stuff ?
  • I finished a delightful and helpful book today and began another ...
  • I go to the gym, come home to a nice wok-ful of rice & chicken with ginger that I made and is quite tasty ...
  • Tomorrow morning, I'm going to have coffee with a friend of mine who I don't get to see often, but we have a pretty human and whole-hearted conversation each time we can ...
  • Saturday, I spent the afternoon and into the early evening with other friends who I don't get to see often but each time we do it is pretty human and whole-hearted too ... And that was after spending the morning interviewing with two journalists from France Info ...
- So -

Now, like I said, it was since about 10 o'clock this morning that I got on that silly My Life Sucks roundabout ; I realised that today I've lounged around at home and seen no one. Essentially, no one ruined my day but me.

The reason why I'm putting this here, in the Grateful Thread, is because when I realised that ... I just had one of the biggest, tears streaming down my cheeks LAUGHS that I've had yet so far this year ... How ridiculous is that ? To essentially spend all day in a snit because things are essentially going just fine ...

:laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh: * :laugh:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Amaya, Zenchi, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #182927 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The Grateful Thread
I am so grateful that I am not the only one who has those days.. ;)
And grateful that my friends understand that crazy gotta laugh and flap your wings moments...Days and gently remind me :P

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182929 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
today i formally accepted a new job in another city. close enough to commute for the time being. i am grateful for the opportunity and hope i dont screw it up.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #182939 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Grateful Thread
My sister checked herself into rehab, its been about a month now with her daughter in my custody. The last mont has been filled with court dates and officials entering my home, putting me under a magnifying glass to determine if I am worthy and not a detriment to her well being. Its been hell...

I realized the other day my niece literally has no comprehension of the magnitude Star Wars and Star Trek has had on modern culture. I finally have the chance I have always wanted, to raise her right. She's been surrounded by drug addicts her whole life, and has a year or so of her child hood left. I am grateful to have a bit of that time, in attempts (vain as they may be) to undo what has been done...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #182957 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful for today or perhaps more to the point I am grateful that, thanks to the temple, I finally get that all I have is now. The peace that brings me is perhaps the first I have ever know and for that I am not able to language my appreciation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #183146 by Breeze el Tierno
Yesterday, one of the people I serve choked on his lunch. Eventually, his heart stopped. I had the privilege of maintaining a perimeter while our nursing staff successfully performed CPR, got his heart going again, and suctioned the sandwich from his lungs.

Scary stuff, but inspiring.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183147 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The Grateful Thread

suctioned the sandwich from his lungs.

did anyone tell him he's supposed to chew his food not inhale it?

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183219 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
Got a lot of grateful to get off my chest today....

I'm grateful to my parents and grandparents, who do more for me than they should, and more than I deserve, who taught me to work hard but be generous.

I'm grateful to my fiance, who taught me say 'f*** it' and be myself.

I'm grateful to my year ten history teacher, who taught me that one voice can change the world.

I'm grateful for my record player... even though half the disks have been played to death, there's something more soulful in the music from a record than from any mp3 or cd.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #185686 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful for the sermons that many times say just what you need and grateful for the people who put in some much to the Temple. Not all of it seen.
Thanks

Everything is belief

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #186431 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
Today I am grateful for all of my animals: Dog, 3 cats, parakeet and the bunny.
Having to stop taking in rescue rats and degu because of my allergy was a killer, but the silly personalities of my remaining animals makes my day every day.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi