The Grateful Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171191 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread

Whyte Horse wrote: Right now I'm really happy I have food and shelter. I know this may sound odd to many of you but I'm also grateful for a toilet that flushes(without adding water) and a toilet that I can sit down on(not a squatter). I really love having water that doesn't have to be boiled first, soft toilet paper, hot showers, showers that come from a pipe rather than buckets, and mattresses.

Here's my old toilet and shower

Attachment h74175fe.jpg not found

Where are you from?

Where is this bathroom?

Being a camper an backpacker I've seen worse.

of course where you poop is not as important as the poop feed to the general populace.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171194 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Grateful Thread

Kamizu wrote: Love the title lol.

I have something to be very thankful for. On 10 Nov 2014 my daughter was born. Long labor short, the doctor discovered something that could/should have been a major major problem that would have resulted in her death before she was born. What I thought was a nearly painless pregnancy should have been classified as a high risk.

I'm grateful all are doing well. I pray you will both be well and continue to be that way. Best thoughts for you both.

You brought life into the would. That is sacred.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171408 by
Today I'm grateful for warm winter clothing. I'll probably be thankful for that a lot in the coming months but today it was more necessary than I'd have liked.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #171409 by
I'm grateful that public transit has heating. I left my apartment with a hoodie and it was 10 degrees Celsius (I was fine), but then the temp dropped to 0 and it started snowing pretty hard.

I'm grateful that train platforms have heat lamps to stand under.

I'm grateful for my coat despite the fact that it doesn't fit me right.

More
9 years 5 months ago #171414 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Grateful Thread
As much as my patience is constantly tested by them, I am grateful to have a neighbor who helps me get certain important things done. For that, I do my best to set aside my differences.

Not dependence... Interdependence.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, ,

More
9 years 4 months ago #171906 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Grateful Thread
(grateful for my rant) :blush:

:cheer:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 4 months ago #172496 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful for chat and everyone that goes there.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #172498 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm very grateful for irony, and how it makes things that would otherwise just suck kinda funny ...
~ :huh: :ohmy: :angry: :dry: :blink: :cheer: :laugh: :woohoo: :blush: ~

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Llama Su, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #174343 by
For many years after I came out to my (conservative Christian) parents, they saw me as a sinner doomed to a life of hopelessness and alienation. They didn't recognize the peace and happiness that coming to terms with who I was and living openly and honestly brought me because they had been told by their spiritual leaders that being gay was immoral and equated to general misfortune, obligatory promiscuity, and endless suffering (in life and death).

I used to really dislike this time of year. The holidays, at least in part, are meant to bring us together, but for many years my sexuality was the focus of holiday events, during which family members worked tirelessly to prove that their fear and frustration was warranted (even required to 'save my soul'). They'd convinced themselves that their lack of understanding was somehow compassionate and that their truths were universal.

Things change. People change. Even the most hardheaded or stubborn people are capable of seeing things from other angles if you continue to share your own truths, extend your love, and give them time to adjust to new ways of thinking. I know this because last year my entire family attended my wedding. It was a beautiful day that helped heal some of the pain that I and other family members had been feeling for a long time.

I am grateful for the fact that all of us have the ability to change our minds and transform our perspectives. I am also grateful that I live in a place where it's not a criminal act for people to love who they want and be who they are. The world is steadily becoming more open-minded and accepting - not only of LGBT individuals like myself, but also of those who are in some way different from the established 'norm'.

My 21 year old cousin came out recently and it wasn't a big deal. Everyone in the family was very supportive and as far as I know it hasn't been an issue at all. It might be an understatement to say that this was a welcome change. I was happy to have been able to help pave the way for him to grow into himself without feeling the shame, self-hatred, and depression that I did.

Often it just takes a single one of us to change the minds of many. I am grateful that so many of us in this community understand this truth. :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #174381 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm grateful for storms that blow away the cobwebs so we see clearly

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su, Edan, Zenchi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi