Jedi Bush-trackers...

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #143684 by Wescli Wardest
I started an intro....

And I would love to add things that we all contribute. My thought was that I can post the intro as I write the other stuff and everyone can have a gander at it. Then, if/when there are things they might want added just put them in and we will "get-er done!" :D

Or it may wait to go into a more appropriate section. We'll see.

But here is the intro... and thoughts?

Attachment h9459409.doc not found

PS, already edited, updated and added to. I will post more as they come along. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Wescli Wardest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #150415 by Wescli Wardest
A woodcrafter (old school bush crafter) Nessmuk, is one of my favorite to research. One of his books is in public domain and it is a good read!

The book (pdf)
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/34607/34607-h/34607-h.htm

The audio (mp3)
https://librivox.org/woodcraft-by-nessmuk/

Since I can’t get out every day, I research when possible. He is one of the later woodsmen I have researched and learned from his example. Taking what worked for those that came before and through practice, find what works well for me in my area and today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150416 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Bush-trackers...
Hay Wescli i promised to add my Bush craft to your post last time we PMed love the post im bizy for a while but i will add lots soon : ) thanks for sharing, and that's to all : )

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #150443 by
This is my one year out bush / reef trip : ) i found this amazing place in the middle of 1000s of unspoilt islands, there were sea eagles that feed of dog sized monkeys, and lots of them i even hooked one by accident when it grabbed a rubber squid, i was pulling behind my boat. I had to reel it in and fix it up, it was huge, food dripping of the trees all the time all over the place. the sea was heaving with life and reefs, giant clams 9 GK and up. lots of sharks lol and not to far from the biggest salt water crocodile ever caught. but i found that out later haha.
im into spearfishing but i didn't need to, it to eat well all the natives just use there hands most of the time .

me and my girlfriend loved it so much we stayed for 5 years : ) it only took 2 hours playing in the sea or jungle each day to eat like gods lol and i realy mean gods. my favorite was baby octopus, live lol

sea craft octopus lure.

wrap 20 meters line round bottle tie a small 2" white stone on the end, get a stone with a hole in it theres 100s about
look for a place where there are small boulders rocks shallow reefs, cast out the stone and very slowly pull it in, dont stop at all, because the octopus will think the stone is a crab, and follow it creeping behind it 30" inches away. it will wait until the stone stops and jump on it, as soon as it touches it knows its a rock and runs.

stand in 12 inches of water not to deep as you see the stone come in you will see an octopus creeping behind it, pull the stone close to your feet and when the octopus jumps on the stone grab it : ) it will be distracted as is jumps on the stone and not see you move until its to late,, move to soon and it will see you. works for the big big ones as well.

14 or so an hour lol
put them in a water bottle with holes in it not bigger than half a match stick, to big and they will get out of a hole the same, size as the only hard thing on there body, there beak / teeth.
1liter bottle, just show it the 1/2 hole and see how fast the monster squeezes in there.

bigger bottles are better dont use random colored plastic bottles washed up by the see they has gas or oil in them, toxic.
tie it to a rock in the shallow water and its good for a week : ) you can even feed them and keep them longer if your eating to much caviar, and mango
don't leave in deep water 30 mins its been eaten and the bottle. lol

This is a list of our gear

Bamboo hut rented for nothing as it was in a bad state had native fix it up for nothing. but lots for them.
massive mosquito net, didn't need it but better safe than sorry, keeps the snakes out as well haha : )
small generator 1 KV
cell phone portal base station i put it up a big tree using a catapult i made, with thin leader line then the big line.
lap top so she could work a travel web site i made for her. £45k a year 4 hours a day : ) i rented my house out as well. it cost us only 6 k a year to live well
small compressor
dive stuff but just a mask will do just as well.
small boat never get a big one, you dont need it and you can paddle if you lose the prop on submerged wood,
multi tool with a good set of locking pliers no need for any size spanners with that
macheteeeee : ) one peace metal handle, nothing to brake for ever : )
line hooks lures
3 pairs of cargo pants, good ones and some trunks, 7 vests good for 5 years hahah im a simple man : ) 4 pairs slippers.
100000 of cute dresses for the lady another bag for white sheets and 100s of towels.

and that was about it for 5 years : )

I still go back each year for the winter, as its to cold here in the UK or Italy near Venice, over 13 years i have been planting and moving fruiting treas around and now the place is full of them all kinds even coco beans for chocolate.
bead fruit for all the carbohydrates your body cold want : ) and 100s of them foot ball sized. i cant list them all here.

i feed the reef as well i buy all the local by catch waste fish, have them dried and ground up, and feed it to the coral at night wow its works well, and 1000 liters of Phytoplankton i grow in a tank, 2 more inches a year, looks lovely.

im going to live there full time soon, as im to old to any deep diving for mega bucks anymore, i never spend it anyway dont need to. not interested in it, i got a new flash soft top alfa romeo sports car, to wiz about in once, i just felt like a waxxxxxxker, rubbing cash in peoples faces lol sold it after a year. all the things i love are free : )

heres some pic of the food i ate and my boat/things.. i posted them before but i know you fellow bush Jedi will like them more. why we all live in city's i dont know ????????????

Attachment h6aead61.jpg not found

Attachment hc92e93f.jpg not found

Attachment hc17c636.jpg not found

Attachment hfc09257.JPG not found

Attachment h56f3819.JPG not found

Attachment h9c5cdd3.jpg not found

Attachment h186394a.JPG not found

Attachment h63c69a3.jpg not found

Attachment hecf254d.JPG not found

Attachment h6215839.JPG not found

Attachment h8d889f0.JPG not found

Attachment hbc01d42.JPG not found

Attachment h32817ab.JPG not found

Attachment h118a304.JPG not found

i made this by hand out of fishing lead that i got local, boil it up in an small kettle it melts at low temp, make sand mold with glue or cement, heat the molds up with charcoal so the lead wont spit out because its hot on cold, pour it on do all at the same time its a one shot deal with a cheap kettle.

wear the safety equipment, sun glasses sandals trunks lol
operate up wind so you wont get any toxic fumes form the toxic lead melt : )

Attachment hb8ff0fc.jpg not found

Attachment h675aee1.JPG not found

Attachment h4b92c49.JPG not found

Attachment h0d6b4cd.JPG not found

Attachment hfd93717.JPG not found

Attachment hd90d4fe.JPG not found

Attachment h6a5012e.JPG not found

Attachment hc95a5db.JPG not found

Attachment ha7ad807.JPG not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Adder.

More
9 years 10 months ago #150445 by Wescli Wardest
That cool! And I love the house and the boat!!! :D

Okay, some things are foreign to my eyes… what are these?
First...
Warning: Spoiler!

Second...

Third...

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150446 by
ok first ones giant clam but that's a small one lol next small round green things are urchins Italian food : )
last yellow one is jungle mango : )

More
9 years 10 months ago #150448 by Wescli Wardest
There is some awesome looking wild life there. I will have to visit a tropical place for fun (and learning) one day for sure! :D

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150450 by
Man you wont wana come back : ) ahhgahh haggaaaa ahhgaaaahhhhh Tarzan call, woof splash : )

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 10 months ago #150462 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Jedi Bush-trackers...

Analyze wrote: Man you wont wana come back : ) ahhgahh haggaaaa ahhgaaaahhhhh Tarzan call, woof splash : )

Haha! Don't encourage him! He already wants to relocate us to the middle of nowhere and live in a tree house!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #150470 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi Bush-trackers...

Brenna wrote: Haha! Don't encourage him! He already wants to relocate us to the middle of nowhere and live in a tree house!

You say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi