Gray Jedi

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.

You can travel for years and years,
through mountains and deserts,
and never find it.
That is because it was always with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What the force means to me (Last post by Majelann)
    • I believe there is the force it is all around us it is who we are and where we are from. As a child we are influenced by family friends on what is right and wrong what is good or bad and which religion to subscribe to. My family are Christians thus I became one by default but I didn't feel right about Christianity although it had a long history and a lot of supporting documentation albeit a lot of it borrowed from other religions. It was this scepticism that lead me to leave and join Islam. This religion for me felt even worse so I pondered the in between years. Funny enough I am a Ordained Minister. As adults we question more about the meaning of life and more often than not we find the little box we were crammed into no longer holds us or our thoughts. I come from a tribal people and I remember my grandmother saying that the word God was not a in our vocabulary but was inherited by the European settlers to our country. She believed there was something a spiritual energy that is in all of us that surrounds us that guides us and even influences decisions we make. I remember the tales she would tell of great deeds from old folk lore. She would say how man was given a gift of strength to aid our people. She also believed that there were no good or bad choices just choices. If you dont believe that then the only time a choice was bad is if it doesn't have the desired outcome. Animals kill for food they hunger the desired outcome is they eat the alternative is starvation. But apparently my grandmother was a little eccentric if you believed what others said. I believe the Force is a metaphysical, spiritual, binding, omnipotent and ubiquitous power and if I believe this then I also have to believe that there is only THE FORCE. It is neither light or Dark it just is. Maybe in my way of thinking and in my grandmothers its the People who have made the choices which reflect the Dark and the Light. And thus people who have gone Dark can be guided into the Light. I dont think anymore about death I prefer to think that when my grandmother left me she became one with the Force and is guiding and inspiring others. Some of you may find my revelation a little weird or not what the Temple subscribes to but it was my choice to write this and thus I will inherently deal with the outcome. In closing if There is an Opposing Light and Dark force does that mean there are two Force's.
    • The lost years of Jesus (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • Kamizu and Gisteron make very valid points, and I share Gisteron's conclusion that it doesn't matter to me whether the myths of Jesus are historically (factually) accurate or not. It does fascinate me that different cultures have passed down their own myths, which are different to those that we've traditionally heard in Europe and the Americas. Whilst the 'facts' of the myth are quite different the core messages of the myths seem to me to be essentially the same :) This is a great documentary - but the last 15 minutes is particularly relevant to this thread. Did Jesus learn Buddhist teachings in India, and then return there after his ministry in Palestine? For those keen to delve a little deeper into such less well known myths I really enjoyed this book (written in 1908): www.yogiramacharaka.com/ Most relevant to this thread is the following chapter: www.yogiramacharaka.com/mystic_youth_of_jesus.html
    • Addiction Check-In Thread (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: Quote: OK, I don't know if this really counts or not, but I can't get away from social media. Honestly, all I need are a few basic sites like TotJO of GFC, but I have friends on facebook who simply won't keep in touch in any other manner. I want to be free of it, but I don't know how to get out, especially when I know there are other sites I have accounts with that are tied to my Facebook or Twitter or G+ account. It's overwhelming, stressful, and making me ill. :( What would Jesus do? I would not be the person to ask that question, LOL.
    • Is avoiding certain food help you achieve better M... (Last post by Goken)
    • I'm not sure about types of foods but yesterday I tried to meditate on an empty stomach and it did not go well. All I thought about was what I was going to have for dinner. On the other hand I have also tried to meditate while very very full. Also not a great plan. Balance, like with all things, balance.
    • TheDude, J.K. Barger, Apprenticeship, 2015 (Last post by J. K. Barger)
    • Thank you all so much!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: The Force moves in mysterious ways; Following these ways are the Paths of the Jedi. I am most gracious for such an opportunity, And am humbled by your supporting hands. May the Force continue to guide us- however it does, As we walk together in this part of our Journey. The Force is with you all, Oommmm...
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • ἀρχάγγελος *... and moulded around a bright compass of prospectives on yesterdays twisting and spinning, double-timing and tripling, tripping back upon Themselves in icons and effigies of fugitive phantasmagorical figures of changing Times and morphing Cosmologies, Cosmogonies and Chaoses there – where here was – when moments were carved apart from something more solid – state of the Art representations of non-presentable objects objecting to closer scrutiny than feelings flooding though and around-about the point, that of view, that of exactitude and that of turning … the Angel walks in devils' lands, his hands held only together – yet all the more tenderly – by the curiosity of what being Angelic may be like, likewise stepping over and on bones of those who explored there before, making the map and becoming the land where Angels fall from Grace into Love-making them much more Cherubic but a little less prone to Wis-dom, where, in at least eleven dimensions, the living landscape of bones and hearts bound to beating beckon in every impossible direction the most confusing of solicitations, invitations and seductions : all with clearly posted “No Trespassing” signs of sweetly sighed after-Life promising a brutal Ejection back into Grace-ful map-making and bleached white, suchlike the Pawn that wasn't really there in the Game(s), masquerading as an up-ended Other, taken up and out as quickly to become a more authentic thing with a quite artificial absence … the hand held there, guided gently, glides over alabaster tenderly intended and imitating a caress – imitations by sincere intention of stone and precious gems so common in hydrocarbon rich climates – vapours and veils un-twofold in desperate desire to flee from the most moving moment of beauty a Living thing could ever know … as tears fall from eyes fixed on the opening, hoping and fearing it could close at any second-chance and second-hand held fragment of thought piercing the space-time between heartbeats ; Angels are really rarer than most cemeteries and museums would suggest, and they find one another all the more rarely and only in desolate, desert greens and public works in progress, along roadsides and under the shifting quicksands of the hourglass whirling 'round wildly out-of-control … Collisions of stars-crossing paths between constellations erupt dazzling displays of colour and metaphors, hypnotising mishap victims, making them come to Life again ; forgotten daylight seeps into the grounds for punishment predicted in tales of instinct and envy as shipwrecks take up where accidents of confession and of honest Nature left off under the autumn leaves, the waxing crescent moon and the echoes of “if only” … Taking turns at time-taking and telling now, with stories un-told about how much was taken or mistaken for making every other thing but Love under the spread-sheets' columns of karmic debts paid in full at just under thirty pieces of silver-lining beginning to rain, every drop a gemstone, an ocean, a Universe teeming with Life, exchanging Chaos for Cosmos with every down-spiral galaxy and up-rough draft … the Angel scoops up and contemplates inquisitively a handful of dust that was once (and Could Be again) the vitality of a young poet on the other side of Ever-more, a couple of calendars ago and pipe-ful of memories from distant Worlds all going up in smoke-signals drifting unseen, unread and unWanted out over the sea ; Fourteen fortnights to light a contained reaction suspire and laugh away toward the Inferno kindled by a mischievous smile cast across the Non-sense gulf, the Absurd Sea and Oceans upon Oceans of Longing to sleep and maybe dream here – where there was – again another night … oneiric passages into tighter corridors between Detachment and Desire are shaken awake quaking by and ever deeper into the Violence of Heartbeats, the second-hands held stopping the tock-tick-t-o-c-k-*s from progressing into the following hours, profane and earth-bound, by the soundest of Reason to not claim the quickening until the next and next-most daybreak's break-fast … Tables turned and torn apart from the gravity that got terribly grand, masses expanding with every other benediction 'til it just couldn't hold their weight, but did anyway by some magic or metaphysic or metaphor, colourful or not, believing one or a dozen things and horrified by as many more, hoping for com-passionate praxis some-wherewithal throughout the Pleiades, knowing no greater affection than kisses savoured sensuously only in their Intention … Angels are mostly Immortal, dying only from snakebite-size instances of Disbelief or δοκεῖν which hide insidiously in the folds of garments worn only for the Show and Telling of Faerie Tales through which mysteries are revealed by crawling crippled with weather-worn wings out of shipwrecks, across the bones and by the “No Trespassing” signs re-transformed into symbols back into sacred space-time, eternal 'in illo tempore' and 'happily ever after'-Life, united in an inconceivable advaita as before the carvers came … Homes begin before they are ever built – across bridges over chasms and into clouds thundering heavy from the bonds that strengthen them – into more solid states of being, artful and authentic, up-ended or not, only a little backwards in mirror-like reflections of Grace-making and face-saving gestures helped by and held in Angel hands … Gazing up into a starscape, checking the where here has become now by recognising constellations and the traffic through them, the flow of tears tells time more accurately than clepsydrae ; joy and sorrow swell up and burst out laughing at the notion of Nirvana and the relief it brings to home-comings and playful outings … Folded wings and wrapped in episcopal arms, free-falling into all Art, this delicate Angel sleeps off his adventures beyond the signs, beyond the map, beyond time-taking and telling ~ for philosopher~priests love so richly, crescendoing to apotheosis, raising cupfuls of sweeter ambrosia than known on Olympus (yet brought surely by the same cup-bearer) and wiping away the spill-splattering of sticky and attractive images of delights and terrors from the residue of the real, dripped, drizzled ...* Alexandre Orion 29 août 2015
    • What would you expect from a knight and apprentice... (Last post by Alan)
    • Because of the independence that this online community enjoys, it seems to me that Initiates and Apprentices should be self-directed as all mine are and were, and so I act with that reality in mind. Jediism is a discovery of the reality of the Force and so for me there is little I can really teach, so like Jamie stated, I simply ask questions. J.K. Barger and Luthien continue to walk the path that is before them; applying their Jediism in the living of their lives.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • Running 1,5Km 20 x 2 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps full swing. 20 x 4 push ups 20 x 4 air squats 20 x 2 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps full swing.
    • The law of Sin? Or the Law of man? (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: ... I have done research and compiled my data to share with everyone. Quote: ... they also said they did some research and they know they didn't... Quote: ... I am merely going based off what I remember... Good. Now we can go on and share opinions, if we want. I look forward to it. :)
    • The Joy of Goth (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I read this article and thought I'd share it: www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/28/...od-for-mental-health As someone who has found great solace in melancholy music at certain times in my life it resonated strongly with me.
    • Hell: An ancient myth or, a factual spiritual pris... (Last post by Corwinani)
    • Could You imagine that anybody from any reason lock you inside some labyrinth of tunnels underground and after the death of Your body, Your self-awareness stay there as a lost soul, forever (for thousands of years) wander and searching for the way out, thinking how to get out ? After some time You will certainly forget what actually you are looking for - no joking, but all the time sleepless aware of yourself..... Why You cannot just die and go to where all other souls going after death? Because this is designed prison for Your soul ... under the labyrinth there are underground rivers and together with special ceramics stones are creating some very special kind of energy which human soul cannot pass over. And of course only earthquake could change it, which did not happen in many thousands of years. And on the ground the special kind pyramid has been build so you will never escape the way up. This i imagine the Hell must be. Actually this possibly real and there are certain indication . In case of interest please see Bosnian pyramid underground on Youtube .... Let the Force be with You
    • Chi? (Last post by Jeriko)
    • I have a little experience here in that my father was a Tai Chi Chuan practitioner and at his most focused he was a rather good teacher. Connection to his chi centre, (the dan tien, which is located 2 inches below the naval) was indeed strengthened through years of chi Kung, form repetition and pushing hands. From what i remember Chi kung was one of the easiest things to fit in to a busy life as in its essence it is standing still but it kind of meditation as well. I would say though that i do not believe it's utilisation can be achieved through reading. My father studied and trained for over 16 years and taught for a further 4-6 and i still remember him coming home and getting me to be his training partner after class because he had made discoveries and advancements that he needed to test. I'm not a small guy and i have gone through doors and almost through windows from a simple and soft 1 inch punch from my father. The strength that can be obtained is unbelievable and difficult to convey in words. I think you need to feel it to understand. I believe the book Cultivating the Chi by Chen Kung may be of use to you.

There are 765 visitors, 15 guests and 35 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Streen, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Phortis Nespin, Jabi Musah, Adhara, Gisteron, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Aviator, Cristris_Jons, Aqua, Tarran, Slebo, Rocda, Loudzoo, Adi Vas, Plasmawiz, Tellahane, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, Majelann, Mikhael, Katash Weivorki, Twelve, Zapz, Nejaa, Kosmos, Shoda.

Follow Us