Gray Jedi

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.
You can travel for years, through mountains and deserts, and never find it. That is because it was always with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Let's Talk About Runes (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Are they the kind of spirits you can shelve for a while and come back to or do they require regular attention to keep happy? Is it better to make your own set with your own intent or buy them? Is each individual physical rune a spirit itself or are they kind of like a phone call back to a single spirit each symbol represents? In my personal experience (which is all I can speak for, and isn't as complete as I'd like), they don't get mischievous on their own usually. They tend to only try your patience when you're using them. Otherwise, they've tended to treat me very much like a boomerang student. They seem to think that if I were more dedicated I could learn more, but they always pick up the phone when I call, even after long absences. This isn't to imply I've perceived them in an anthropomorphic fashion (because they really do just seem like ideals), but it gets the feeling across, I think. As far as acquiring some, just like every other magickal or wyrd endeavor, it's always best to make your own. If this is your intention, there are scads of ways to do it easily, from the super simple (buying blank scrabble tiles and using a sharpie) to the more complex (I'm currently procrastinating on a set made from the wood of an elder tree felled by my own hand and carried a quarter mile on my bare back, which will be hand-carved and charged with blood, wine, water, and iron oxide paint, if I ever get off my arse.) This is because it allows you the ultimate control over what handles and influences your set from start to finish. It's worth noting at this juncture that what we call "runestones" today aren't exactly what the word typically means; a runestone proper is a standing stone carved in runes for any purpose, and historically the divining "stones" weren't made of stone at all, but wood, clay, or bone. That said, it's still a pretty kickass name, so that's what I wind up calling them. However, if you're just starting out, I'd suggest either something like this kit or one of the other inexpensive sets that appeal to your aesthetic. The kit is one I bought in a local Books-A-Million (or did we get them before Borders closed?). The book is...unhelpful (or inaccurate, depending on how honest we're being) but has some interesting insights in the second half even if it teaches you the runes in the wrong order. The runes themselves are clay and feel odd, but I cleansed and sealed them for use as a "teaching" set I can loan out. Which reminds me, I need to remember where I put them... Quote: is there any particular online source youd recomend for someone starting from square one? If I were you, and I wanted to start from scratch, I'd check three places: * The opinions of pagans or runesmiths/casters you trust (specifically, I would suggest asking the fine folks here at TOTJO who dabble or study these things, since they're handy and generally a great bunch of people) * Runes, Alphabet of Mystery, a website that's been around for-effing-ever, and was my primary source of really good information that didn't come from musty old textbooks * Rune Secrets (and the Rune Secrets community), where you'll be able to check out specific meanings for specific runes in the traditional manner. Also, if you join the community, drop me a PM here--I lurk around there sometimes. Between those three sources, you should be able to find a lot of other really great sources to begin your personal runic journeys. And anytime I can be a help, do let me know.
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: Nothing can prevent anyone from being wrong. Is that so? Proof, please. Quote: "Faith", depending on how one sees/defines it, can prevent some folks from growing any further, but, not everyone. I would also add "in any areas" for two reasons: The fact that a sentence says "some, but not all" doesn't make it any less absolute so I think it is a stretch to say that there are people who are immune enough to the perils of irrational conviction that their growth is unhindered by it. Secondly, while there conceivably are such people, judging by how diverse the areas where faith is employed and the propositions that it reinforces in people's minds are, my intuitive guess is that, at least in principle, everybody is susceptible to the lures and the dangers of unreason.
    • Avatar Discussion (Episode 1, TLA) (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Episode 5: The King of Omashu This may be one of the more difficult episodes to talk about because it is almost exclusively focusing on Aang. I think this may the first time Aang takes into consideration the fact that being the Avatar draws unwanted attention. After what happened in Kyoshi, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he would be more mindful, but Aang is still very much a child. The primary reason for Aang wanting to stop in Omashu is because it would be fun. I know it comes across as though I'm disparaging children, but I'm actually try to make a note of Aang's growth. He is still a child by the end of the series, but he's a very child from the one we're seeing right now. Let's talk about appearances and not just those of Bumi seemingly as an old man or of the deadly challenges. How about the fact that the Avatar is a boy even though he's something like 12 (biologically 112)? This has come up in the past couple of episodes and is in part why nobody believes he's actually the Avatar. There is very little about this episode that is exactly as it appears. Why? What can be taken away from this? Why is it important? I would humbly suggest that it is a reflection and simplification of life. That very few things in life are straightforward and that it requires discernment to understanding what is happening. What are your thoughts?
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • these old shoes are worn and ragged, smudged with stained unsightly tears night and day my feet have dragged these old shoes everywhere to wander in the wilderness to laugh and love the living night what terrors might an echo bring? or windy sighs of soft delight? to walk the ways of desperate days in a desperate daze of hurt and woe where streets are made of razors blades and glitter grin at broken soles to run faster than the wind that screams and mocks my failures as i fly to run so fast i catch the dreams that long ago had past me by these old shoes are worn and ragged by the march theyve made to here from there night and day my feet still drag these old shoes everywhere
    • Questions (Last post by Dee)
    • Thank you for your participation, guys! It is much appreciated. And if you think of anything else, feel free to add to it.
    • Reddit on Motivations/Goals (Last post by Adder)
    • What is a House of Cards!!!! I'm still only up to Season 2 of that Winterfell dragon sword show whatever its called :pinch: :lol: But yea the message, made me think about when they tell you that 'you can do anything' its not exactly true, everything is not possible. But it doesn't mean you cannot chase an unreachable goal if you enjoy the chase. If striving for something in particular, you gotta re-assess progress and direction as much as possible though else you can get confused about effort versus outcome, as resilience should not be the same thing as being stubborn IMO. The pic also made me think that some things need the next step to be the focus to find the target, and some things need the target to be the focus to work backwards and find the next step. Dream big, but dream plenty perhaps!?
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: suctioned the sandwich from his lungs. did anyone tell him he's supposed to chew his food not inhale it?
    • unconditional love (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • If I may, give a look to All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks. Her take on the subject is very thorough and quite profound. She might help you shed a bit of light.
    • Should 'justice' treat children like adults? (Last post by Adder)
    • It should be why they have judges, to make individual intepretations and compensations to achieve the best possible outcome from a bad situation. Generally speaking, smaller crimes could have more potential for leniency with kids IMO, but the worse the crime is the less room there should probably be - because the impacts of the crime increase with the crime which might point to more and more requirement to recognize the victim's more and more in setting the punishment. I think this can still happen for adults, but to a lesser extent as adults should now be role models for children and fully cognizant of the law and the need for following it.... well the ones that make sense at least :whistle:
    • 5 rights women have that men don't (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Because most Men or the stereotypical "religious" male fears the feminine aspects, things to do with the reflection of the Sun - The Moon, or is told to fear these aspects, Men do all they can to reject the women inside of themselves. Men deny their "wholeness" by denying their female, feminine, emotional and heart centered self. Men are taught (generally) that emotions are bad and since women are "emotional", then women are bad or need to be controlled. And I find that women are instructed to "hate" men for various of other reasons. In the end, we Love/Hate each other in our attempts to have union with each other. We are born into a body that has a form and that form has predisposed aspects - Male or Female (Yes I know that more various exist, but I am writing about the generic concept). However, our spirit nature is whole and encompasses both the masculine logic and the feminine emotions - and more. In the end, we need to reconcile our "hatred" of the sexes in order to heal ourselves and the world that we live in. Until this "battle of the sexes" stops, will we only know "hate" and threads like this will exist. Are threads like this helpful? Do these types of conversations bring us to greater understanding of each other? Does it heal the ancestral wounds caused by such distinctions? Does it allow us to clear our field so we can be better Jedi? za Ultimately, what is the purpose of this thread? i am genuinely interested in growing i engage in these conversations because i have things that ive learned in my life which i know can benefit someone else and because i know that there are other people adound me who have the puzzle pieces that i am missing when i talk i do my best to be completely honest about everything i say and i give the benefit of the doubt that the majority of others are as well and that at some level we have these conversations because we want to be the best that we are capable of being even those who dont change and who refuse others are usually imo doing so because they/we believe that its for their/our best interesnt for being the best of ourselves so will this thread particular make any difference for any of us? it depends on how open we can be and how safe we can feel in being open and in how directly into our own motives we are capable of looking
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by rugadd)
    • People who say "meh" when they see someone do something that took a lot of practice and hard work because they saw a professional do it better in a video. Even worse, when they have done nothing even close to it, nor could they if they tried (without the hard work that is). That is being dismissive and it is hurtful and insulting.

There are 376 visitors, 3 guests and 17 members online (none in chat): steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Adder, Burn_Phoenix, Proteus, Arcade, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, Jamie Stick, Mathew Erickson, Goken, GalUnDrux, Atticus509.

Follow Us