Gray Jedi

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current apprentices: Kalkho, Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Jacen Solo(on hiatus)

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.
Whatever we experience as existing,
as continuing in time,
is not so much persistent stuff
as repetitive rhythm or vibration.

—Alan Watts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Code(s) (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Bear in mind that both codes were part of the fiction surrounding the movies. Comic books, specifically. The narrative is that the "yet" code was replaced by the "no" code because many Jedi found the first one confusing. Myself, I much prefer the "yet" code. The other always feels like denial to me, though I understand that people read that one differently.
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Quote: Our Jediism is syncretic; a blend of beliefs and practices. For me, there are two questions regarding magickal practice: the first is, How do we blend it with our Jediism? The second is, How does our magickal practice inform our ethical practice? Addressing the first question… For me, through meditation I see what is to be accomplished or set in place for a personal rite or ritual. This could be shared with others or turned to a ceremony, but as I was trained to be a solitary practitioner it seems slightly odd to me. And to the second question… I am of the impression that our ethical practice shapes our magickal practice. If that makes sense? Or maybe I’m not understanding the question.
    • Jedi creed (doubt and faith) (Last post by Senan)
    • Most often I choose to interpret the word 'doubt' as 'question', as in to say 'I doubt that is possible'. In doing so, the line becomes 'where there is question, faith'. This may sound like a cop out, but defining it for myself this way allows for science to enter the equation. 'Where there is a question about the shape of the Earth, I have faith that science will find the answer.' Science has rewarded my faith in its processes by defining the Earth as spherical based on empirical evidence. This is the point in my argument where the dictionaries will come out and someone will tell me that I am employing the improper definition of 'faith' and therefore this interpretation is 'wrong'. Let me save the trouble and say 'I have faith in my ability to find definitions that work for me and mesh with my own experiences'. :) To question (or doubt, if you will) things is inherently human and a good thing. Natural curiosity leads to discovery. Perhaps it is a Jedi's faith in the Force that will guide him/her to ask the right questions and thus erase doubt? :unsure: Clearly I have a lot of meditating left to do on this subject, but that's where my mind took me at this moment. :)
    • FAQ Update (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Apprenticeship: Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. The Council will organize a knighting ceremony Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master they will be interviewed by a member of the Council and if the interview is successful a ceremony will be organised to officially promote them to the rank of Knight. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Read more Instances of FaQ were changed to FAQ (correct abbreviation) Multiple minor stylistic changes at the beginning of the document.
    • Recurring Dreams (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm not sure I have recurring dreams, but I do have recurring themes. Like not being able to find a bathroom, missing my bus, being late for a class, can't remember my locker combination... I'm not a high school student, but the impression of it has dug deep into my subconscious.
    • Pathfinder (D&D) Tabletop Campaign (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: As these type games are very "hero adventure-esqe", I hope that the quandaries and difficult decisions are discussed sidebar (think, what would a Jedi do? what would a Dark Jedi do, what would a [fictional] Sith do)... Jestor you should play role-playing games...
    • Yoga (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Contemporary Yoga might have taken a lot of the poses and used them for flexibility and exercise uses, where a hold might relieve the tension more effectively then a moment in movement into and out of a stretched position. That's my thoughts on it. Some positions I see in videos etc are held, but in classes they are all held. I wonder if perhaps it is a country thing, I am in the UK for classes but all videos I see are American. Cultural difference in interpretation maybe? Probably everyone is a bit different. Video's might be instructional and therefore hold positions a bit longer to demonstrate better for the audience. Also some people do Yoga as a calisthenics type of exercise which seem not to hold at all, almost like a cardio exercise banging out reps of full range motion!! For introductory Yoga it seems usual to approach a position and not reach it due to inflexibility, and then hold it a bit to help stretch out the muscles, fascias, ligaments etc as a way to get better at Yoga and improve flexibility more generally. I think there are benefits to that, as sometimes pain can be associated to imbalances in different muscles groups or stress etc. It is not my area though, its just a hobby my partner 'puts me through' occasionally. :S :)
    • Down's Syndrome... (Last post by tzb)
    • Quote: Seems strange that the same person can believe these three things: -abortion is a right -aborting babies just because they're different is a wrong -You don't do things like me and I don't like your ways: go away! I don't think that's strange (or accurate of any view expressed here, but whatever). To me it suggests your initial assertion Quote: Of all the abortions people can have, you can categorize them in two groups: - Because I don't want it (Or now's not the right time)or because it's my body and I do what I want (yet somehow people aren't quite as keen when it comes to chopping their own legs off: these are actual parts of their body) - Because there's something wrong with the baby or pregnancy. is incorrect. Quote: just like when it comes to your limbs, the one that makes sense to remove is the one with the disease. A poor choice of straw man given most people will do whatever possible to keep a limb, diseased or not.
    • Live Service - Thursday 28th August - 19 UTC (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Hi all! I will be holding a live service on the 28th at 19UTC. To find out what your time will be: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime...t+28&iso=20140828T19 The topic is going to be: Discipline in the face of Chaos. [The Complexity of Cause and Effect]
    • Violence and Jedi (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Just to avoid confusion, the first post if mine was a passage written by Marc MacYoung. I do not agree with him 100%, though I find him to be an important voice in discussing the dynamics of violence. More to the point, I would not want to take credit for the man's work. That said, I have encountered people who have a pacifying effect on an environment. It is a powerful thing to see.

There are 146 visitors, 7 guests and 33 members online (none are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jestor, jedi_roz, Lightstrider, roy1593, Phortis Nespin, Wescli Wardest, Desolous, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Rickie The Grey, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, elizabeth, Edan, tzb, jasonwilkins, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Zephyr Amazon.

Follow Us