Gray Jedi

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:06 #75734

does anyone happen to have any information on the teachings of the Gray Jedi? I'd be interested to read that.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 04:48 #75737

Moved this to a more appropriate location. I have not done alot of research on Grey Jedi teachings but can also look up Potentium (another name for the Greys)
Rev. Robert Cannon, OCP B.Div
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of TotJO
Former Apprentices: Knight Cynthia, Knight Alexandre Orion, Knight Reliah
Current Apprentices: Archon, Naya

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 06:13 #75741

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Potentium simply believe in that there is no dark side of the Force. The "Dark Side" comes from the user.

I've seen one image of Jedi, where it says that Grey is what walks in-between and Shadow encompasses it. As far as I understand of Grey Jedi, they are ones who walk a fine line in-between where they do not give into the Dark Side. While a Shadow could be describe as a means to end.

I guess on the version of shades of grey, Shadow Jedi and Grey Jedi can be very different and yet similar. Though to me, they seem one and the same. But I do not know much about "Shadow Aspect" at all. All I know is that it is about wholeness and balance.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:26 #75744

The 'shadow jedi' are just like the light jedi, and the dark. we are (how to put this) we study both aspects of the force, the good and the bad. and so mix white and black and we have gray! a jedi is balanced, or so they should be. and the gray jedi are very balanced as they dont just look at one part, but the whole force. or the whole picture if it is easier to understand. I am a gray jedi but not quite finished yet with my learning so i hope my explanation is helpful
I am Llama

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:32 #75745

you are never finished with your learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 10:58 #75746

Absalutly true.... But to clarify also on your post having learned both the light and dark side my self over the years as an outside (non-Relgious) force user (untill now), it's the same concept as the ying yang theory where by definition you can't have one without the other, a grey jedi looks at the force/ world as a whole and not from one point of view but from all aspects and angles.

There for a grey jedi is able to look at any situation and call on the force and use it within reasonable limitation and can use any part of the force whether we need to use light or dark side tactics to our advantage.

hope this helps buddy :cheer:
Ryan.
For the Republic! and the Senate!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 11:02 by ryanjg2010.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:03 #75755

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Stand too close to, or too far from a painting and its hard to comprehend the whole...find the right spot in the middle and the whole thing makes sense.

We do what is needed...sometimes its viewed as light....sometimes not so....you cannot have one without the other...

They have a good deal of info on greys in the great jedi holocron...and wookiepedia has some info...or you can peek around and you'll find some of us hanging about...
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 14:06 by RyuJin.

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:40 #75760

• Asopo
  • Novice
  • ID: 11676
Here is a way I think of it, Grey Jedi are like dogs, closely related to wolves, maybe even half-breeds themselves, but they are not wolves (Dark Aspect). Dogs are not as dangerous to sheep versus wolves.
Pandas can't get a break!

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 14:50 #75763

• RyuJin
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 3037
Wolves always get a bad rap...just for doing what nature needs of them....thinning the herd isn't necessarily a bad thing...too many sheep will leave behind a barren field....

Coincidentally my animal spirit is a wolf (I'm part Cheyenne Indian)...I learned about it when I was 15....
I do not need a cloak of darkness, I am darkness and I am light. I am both because the universe is both.
sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
J.l.lawson, knight, b.div, o.c.p
Intake officer, Eastern Studies S.I.G advisor
Former masters: GM KanaSeikoHaruki, Br.John
Current Apprentices: Raikoutenshi, Zenchi, Baru

Re: Gray Jedi 06 Oct 2012 15:09 #75765

• Streen
  • ID: 2215
We all follow the Force. Labels only have whatever meaning we give them. In the end, we're all just spiritual people.
You can travel for years, through mountains and deserts, and never find it. That is because it was always with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wendaline
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Open ended offer to a true member of the Jedi Orde... (Last post by Degataga)
    • Their contribution. I am going to try to tell the world's story, to a small extent, to explain our intrapersonal metaphysical relationship. Their word with mine at this point. I want to expand our horizons and donate to charity. Post Script. It is a closed invitation to world, open to jedi. My study will be built with extensive personal interview
    • Being Paid to Volunteer, Is it Legit or Not? (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • I don't particularly call what your paid EMT job does- volunteering. But it's equally important to what I do call it- a public service (well, volunteer is public service too). I don't think it matters whether or not you're doing it for payment or doing it for free- a public service where you help others is honorable, and to argue whether it's volunteer or not is just semantics. Does it benefit others around you in a meaningful way? Yes? Then it's worth doing.
    • The True Temple (Last post by Br. John)
    • As for you being a Temple. Of course. I've posted Gibran before and I'll post him again now. On Religion Kahlil Gibran Have I spoken this day of aught else? Is not religion all deeds and all reflection, And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom? Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations? Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; This for my soul, and this other for my body?" All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self. He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked. The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin. And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage. The freest song comes not through bars and wires. And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn. Your daily life is your temple and your religion. Whenever you enter into it take with you your all. Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute, The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight. For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures. And take with you all men: For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair. And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles. Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children. And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain. You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees.
    • What do you do when you're bored at work? (Last post by V-Tog)
    • I browse Twitter, BBC Sport and TOTJO on my phone... Then I usually eat some biscuits, and then I might look at the company calendar and fantasize about booking some holiday... Then probably sneak a few more biscuits... Basically, when I'm bored I eat stuff :laugh:
    • Lightsabers Anonymous (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Let me just say that not only did I use VERY poor judgement making that video when I've been so ill... I honestly don't think I used any judgement at all. :dry:
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • I am grateful to psychology for helping me understand children. It sounds like such a silly thing but I've never been able to connect with or understand them. I may only be able to look at them now from a developmental point of view, but now I get why they do stuff which doesn't make me any better with them, but now I don't find them quite as strange.
    • Scientists Create Holograms you can Touch (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: ... I would just like comment to Ren, that to let you know [sic] a Holosuite is nearly possible. Actually, no, it isn't... The thing about holosuites is that they project matter, or at least solidity, into space. The extent to which that is possible in theory (and that is nowhere near the extent seen in Star Trek) is dwarfed by the extent to which it is not feasible in practice (there is only so much energy at our disposal). Interactive, virtual, audio-visual environments are fine though. That's about as far as holograms (and audio playback) go, and everything else is something else.
    • The average life of a Jedi (Last post by Ariane)
    • Hello everyone Found some Jedi related eye candy.. click on this link to step into the shoes of a Jedi. Take a stroll down the High Line, grab a drink at your favorite restaurant, and make it just in time for Jedi training. A day in the life of an average Jedi. :woohoo: Its just for fun. Hope you Enjoy. Peace and Blessings Love and Light
    • Free online course: Making Sense of Climate Change... (Last post by Streen)
    • What I find that most people aren't comprehending is that climate change could very well be cyclical. Just because temperatures are rising doesn't mean they are going in one linear direction. If there's one thing I've learned about this planet and the solar system is that everything happens in cycles. I'm not confirming or denying climate change, just that change in general usually balances itself out.
    • Light bubbles dont work (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Quote: ....you can effectively negate a sound wave by producing an inverse sound wave that is otherwise identical. The phase shift uses a trough to cancel a crest and vice versa, effectively producing silence instead. this actually did register with me i would still say that to my way of thinkng, the "inverse sound wave that is otherwise identical" is more a matter of the things ive referenced here than the shield visualization, but i do acknowledge the validity of this point in particular, regardless of interpretation of how it might translate

There are 537 visitors, 15 guests and 27 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Adder, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Corwinani, Vusuki, Llama Su, Kamizu, Cyrith, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, Goken, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, den385, Tk768, Ariane, Krieger, Protonix, Adi Vas, Blind, theta, kaay, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, Naerys, docroe197, Spenserhawk, Linionaron, Sonrisa, Accipter [Ace] Salix.

Follow Us