Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Brenna, Llama Su

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Never ask more of another than you are prepared to offer of yourself.

Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila, Xaii
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The lost years of Jesus (Last post by Sven One)
    • Well, I am talking about the enlightenment, the perfect peace, universal understanding, ect. It is obvious regardless all that Jesus was an amazing teacher if not one of the best the world has ever known whether your a Christian or not gotta give him props. Even well renown scientists have said his knowledge for not being born into a wealthy family or, logistical background and knowing what he knew is astounding.
    • Is avoiding certain food help you achieve better M... (Last post by Adder)
    • Probably yes, but it might not matter for beginners so much!? Avoiding things which irritate your immune system and gut might mean its easier to meditate, and that might include slow digesting things such as meats. It takes awhile for food to pass through the pipeworks downstairs, and carrying 'poop' around is probably a bit irritating for your system, forcing excess toxins etc to be shuffled into body fat. Some of the stringent spiritual Yoga paths do seem to require empty stomach and empty bowels. These are doing Yoga as an adjunct to meditation and I think they are seeking a closer connection to their body which could be facilitated by a calmer and cleaner digestive system perhaps. I dunno about GMO though... depends on the impact the mods have to the body perhaps.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • ἀρχάγγελος *... and moulded around a bright compass of prospectives on yesterdays twisting and spinning, double-timing and tripling, tripping back upon Themselves in icons and effigies of fugitive phantasmagorical figures of changing Times and morphing Cosmologies, Cosmogonies and Chaoses there – where here was – when moments were carved apart from something more solid – state of the Art representations of non-presentable objects objecting to closer scrutiny than feelings flooding though and around-about the point, that of view, that of exactitude and that of turning … the Angel walks in devils' lands, his hands held only together – yet all the more tenderly – by the curiosity of what being Angelic may be like, likewise stepping over and on bones of those who explored there before, making the map and becoming the land where Angels fall from Grace into Love-making them much more Cherubic but a little less prone to Wis-dom, where, in at least eleven dimensions, the living landscape of bones and hearts bound to beating beckon in every impossible direction the most confusing of solicitations, invitations and seductions : all with clearly posted “No Trespassing” signs of sweetly sighed after-Life promising a brutal Ejection back into Grace-ful map-making and bleached white, suchlike the Pawn that wasn't really there in the Game(s), masquerading as an up-ended Other, taken up and out as quickly to become a more authentic thing with a quite artificial absence … the hand held there, guided gently, glides over alabaster tenderly intended and imitating a caress – imitations by sincere intention of stone and precious gems so common in hydrocarbon rich climates – vapours and veils un-twofold in desperate desire to flee from the most moving moment of beauty a Living thing could ever know … as tears fall from eyes fixed on the opening, hoping and fearing it could close at any second-chance and second-hand held fragment of thought piercing the space-time between heartbeats ; Angels are really rarer than most cemeteries and museums would suggest and they find one another all the more rarely and only in desolate, desert greens and public works in progress, along roadsides and under the shifting quicksands of the hourglass whirling 'round wildly out-of-control … Collisions of stars-crossing paths between constellations erupt dazzling displays of colour and metaphors, hypnotising mishap victims, making them come to Life again ; forgotten daylight seeps into the grounds for punishment predicted in tales of instinct and envy as shipwrecks take up where accidents of confession and of honest Nature left off under the autumn leaves, the waxing crescent moon and the echoes of “if only” … Taking turns at time-taking and telling now, with stories un-told about how much was taken or mistaken for making every other thing but Love under the spread-sheets' columns of karmic debts paid in full at just under thirty pieces of silver-lining beginning to rain, every drop a gemstone, an ocean, a Universe teeming with Life, exchanging Chaos for Cosmos with every down-spiral galaxy and up-rough draft … the Angel scoops up and contemplates inquisitively a handful of dust that was once (and Could Be again) the vitality of a young poet on the other side of Ever-more, a couple of calendars ago and pipe-ful of memories from distant Worlds all going up in smoke-signals drifting unseen, unread and unWanted out over the sea ; Fourteen fortnights to light a contained reaction suspire and laugh away toward the Inferno kindled by a mischievous smile cast across the Non-sense gulf, the Absurd Sea and Oceans upon Oceans of Longing to sleep and maybe dream here – where there was – again another night … oneiric passages into tighter corridors between Detachment and Desire are shaken awake quaking by and ever deeper into the Violence of Heartbeats, the second-hands held stopping the tock-tick-t-o-c-k-*s from progressing into the following hours, profane and earth-bound, by the soundest of Reason to not claim the quickening until the next and next-most daybreak's break-fast … Tables turned and torn apart from the gravity that got terribly grand, masses expanding with every other benediction 'til it just couldn't hold their weight, but did anyway by some magic or metaphysic or metaphor, colourful or not, believing one or a dozen things and horrified by as many more, hoping for com-passionate praxis some-wherewithal throughout the Pleiades, knowing no greater affection than kisses savoured sensuously only in their Intention … Angels are mostly Immortal, dying only from snakebite-size instances of Disbelief or δοκεῖν which hide insidiously in the folds of garments worn only for the Show and Telling of Faerie Tales through which mysteries are revealed by crawling crippled with weather-worn wings out of shipwrecks, across the bones and by the “No Trespassing” signs re-transformed into symbols back into sacred space-time, eternal 'in illo tempore' and 'happily ever after'-Life, united in an inconceivable advaita as before the carvers came … Homes begin before they are ever built – across bridges over chasms and into clouds thundering heavy from the bonds that strengthen them – into more solid states of being, artful and authentic, up-ended or not, only a little backwards in mirror-like reflections of Grace-making and face-saving gestures helped by and held in Angel hands … Gazing up into a starscape, checking the where here has become now by recognising constellations and the traffic through them, the flow of tears tells time more accurately than clepsydrae ; joy and sorrow swell up and burst out laughing at the notion of Nirvana and the relief it brings to home-comings and playful outings … Folded wings and wrapped in episcopal arms, free-falling into all Art, this delicate Angel sleeps off his adventures beyond the signs, beyond the map, beyond time-taking and telling ~ for philosopher~priests love so richly, crescendoing to apotheosis, raising cupfuls of sweeter ambrosia than known on Olympus (yet brought surely by the same cup-bearer) and wiping away the spill-splattering of sticky and attractive images of delights and terrors from the residue of the real, dripped, drizzled ...* Alexandre Orion 29 août 2015
    • What would you expect from a knight and apprentice... (Last post by Alan)
    • Because of the independence that this online community enjoys, it seems to me that Initiates and Apprentices should be self-directed as all mine are and were, and so I act with that reality in mind. Jediism is a discovery of the reality of the Force and so for me there is little I can really teach, so like Jamie stated, I simply ask questions. J.K. Barger and Luthien continue to walk the path that is before them; applying their Jediism in the living of their lives.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • Running 1,5Km 20 x 2 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps full swing. 20 x 4 push ups 20 x 4 air squats 20 x 2 x ( x 2 hands) 3 kg biceps full swing.
    • The law of Sin? Or the Law of man? (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: ... I have done research and compiled my data to share with everyone. Quote: ... they also said they did some research and they know they didn't... Quote: ... I am merely going based off what I remember... Good. Now we can go on and share opinions, if we want. I look forward to it. :)
    • The Joy of Goth (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I read this article and thought I'd share it: www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/28/...od-for-mental-health As someone who has found great solace in melancholy music at certain times in my life it resonated strongly with me.
    • Hell: An ancient myth or, a factual spiritual pris... (Last post by Corwinani)
    • Could You imagine that anybody from any reason lock you inside some labyrinth of tunnels underground and after the death of Your body, Your self-awareness stay there as a lost soul, forever (for thousands of years) wander and searching for the way out, thinking how to get out ? After some time You will certainly forget what actually you are looking for - no joking, but all the time sleepless aware of yourself..... Why You cannot just die and go to where all other souls going after death? Because this is designed prison for Your soul ... under the labyrinth there are underground rivers and together with special ceramics stones are creating some very special kind of energy which human soul cannot pass over. And of course only earthquake could change it, which did not happen in many thousands of years. And on the ground the special kind pyramid has been build so you will never escape the way up. This i imagine the Hell must be. Actually this possibly real and there are certain indication . In case of interest please see Bosnian pyramid underground on Youtube .... Let the Force be with You
    • Chi? (Last post by Jeriko)
    • I have a little experience here in that my father was a Tai Chi Chuan practitioner and at his most focused he was a rather good teacher. Connection to his chi centre, (the dan tien, which is located 2 inches below the naval) was indeed strengthened through years of chi Kung, form repetition and pushing hands. From what i remember Chi kung was one of the easiest things to fit in to a busy life as in its essence it is standing still but it kind of meditation as well. I would say though that i do not believe it's utilisation can be achieved through reading. My father studied and trained for over 16 years and taught for a further 4-6 and i still remember him coming home and getting me to be his training partner after class because he had made discoveries and advancements that he needed to test. I'm not a small guy and i have gone through doors and almost through windows from a simple and soft 1 inch punch from my father. The strength that can be obtained is unbelievable and difficult to convey in words. I think you need to feel it to understand. I believe the book Cultivating the Chi by Chen Kung may be of use to you.
    • Your Cave of Evil (Last post by Sven One)
    • That is really intresting. Perhaps maybe thats true maybe when you go to be with The Force you leave The Cave?

There are 424 visitors, 10 guests and 43 members online (none in chat): Daniel L., Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Firewolf, Jestor, Kitsu Tails, Sven One, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Reacher, Rosalyn J, Corwinani, Talariq, Llama Su, rrhodes67, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Avalonslight, Jamie Stick, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Tarran, Dessel761, Slebo, Logahan, Rocda, TheDude, Krieger, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Plasmawiz, Tellahane, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, Wrijul, Spartanmeup, Mikhael, Aarius, Spiral, Twelve, *Sebastian*, MyersWrites, Zapz, bunk.

Follow Us