Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor

Senior Knight and Priest of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • speed of light (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: i wonder if traveling backwards in time would cause mass to transform into light Positrons are sometimes thought of as electrons traveling back through time. They still have mass and are still not quite the same as a light particle... Then again, with only one direction of time available to our observation as of now, it is difficult to say. I wouldn't know why mass moving back in time should suddenly lose its mass. In fact, if its energy stay constant, then that'd mean it would have to gain momentum and why that would happen is also currently beyond me. In any case, numerous reactions, most prominently nuclear fusion and fission, operate on the equivalence of mass and energy. When you burn a piece of paper and you conserve the smoke and the ash, the total mass of the system will in fact decrease and the light and heat the flames emitted amount to just that difference. Quote: if mass gains mass as it picks up speed the only thing i can think of as the opposite of speed is reverse time Speed is defined as the euclidian norm of velocity. Let x and y be arbitrary linear independant directions, forming a two-dimensional vector space. Let t be time, vector v be velocity and v be speed. [image] Now, even with t being negative, indicating 'reverse time', if you will, since it is in every instance being raised to the second power, the entire expression can never be negative. Speed is always either zero or positive. Quote: what if i build a machine which turns a cylinder to produce energy You would win more than just the Nobel Prize. Before you get too hopeful though, bear in mind that such a device would violate the first law of thermodynamics and patent offices grew so tired of people trying that many have special policies on machines with that ambition. Quote: the cylinder is originally turned through nomal magnet power but its got electro magnets attached also It could be originally set in motion by a user or by a convenient assymmetrical configuration of electromagnets. You are describing an electromotor right now. Quote: the produced energy is stored into a capaciter or a battery or something every time a certain amount of energy is stored; let.me call it just call it 10 whenever 10 is stored 1 gets fed back into the spin of the cylinder by being directed to the electro magnets So you are saying that for every one unit of energy it gets it puts out ten? Essentially what you are describing is an electric generator, which is a reverse electric motor, if you will, but this one not only doesn't lose any energy to friction, it somehow produces energy out of thin air. Where do the additional nine units come from? Quote: the idea being that the more power used to turn the cylinder the faster it goes - every time it reaches the next 10 it puts another 1 back into the system making the cylinder spin just a little faster unless it explodes its an infinitie progression - doesnt it HAVE to reach the speed of light eventually? Unless your machine is made out of light rather than matter, it will have a rest mass. If it has a size, that mass will also not be located on the rotation axis but actually somewhere where it will experience motion. And as by the formula above, so long as the rest mass is not zero, with increasing speed, total mass will, again, increase ad infinitum. So even if we had a motor that we would feed more and more energy into the device, as long as we only have finite energy at our disposal, no part of it will get to light speed, eventhough we can get very close indeed. If we did have a self-sustaining device that could actually conjure up energy out of nowhere, until it reached light speed, literally infinite time would have to pass, because in a finite time only a finite amount of energy would be generated. The only way to get massive objects to light speed is to conjure up infinite energy in an instant.
    • What it's like to teach evolution at the Universit... (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: creationism has a devoted following in america and the jargon is impressive actually my guess is god himself is sick of this foolishness lol People will believe what they've been indoctrinated with. Independent thought seems to be an acquired skill nowadays and there are plenty of parties actively working on making sure that particular skill remains out of range for a lot of people. I just don't get it how this is possible for entire states - that's what mainly interests me about that University of Kentucky article: what's special about this particular social stratum that seems to aid in perpetuating these extreme views that even uni students seem to find hard to let go of.
    • Wearable Body weights (Last post by GuileSasori)
    • I agree. I don't really recommend it. I have experience using ankle, wrist, and chest weights. A low weights than can be okay, but once you get past 20lb pairs they start to do a number on your joins. Weighted vest is okay, but take it easy.
    • Jediism? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: Since this ISNT the Gathered Force Community, perhaps we can discuss this site? We too have a map, located here: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Offline-activities :) Forgive me, I forgot you guys had a map *bows* No worries...;) Not all members are aware of everything... We were just talking about our non-english speaking groups in the knight forum... Thanks...:)
    • Jediism, relationship of perfection and harmony in... (Last post by Adder)
    • I see chaos and harmony as directions, or orientations, and not actual states. Considering them as states introduces/invents a 'discord of dichotomy'. Perfection are what mirrors are for.... lol! I'd place consciousness as a type of perfection, as they are subjectivity manifest alignments of something, updated through time to achieve alignment and therefore the direction/effort to achieve perfect orientation, ie mimicking. Achieved in humans by 'cortical homunculus' with "the concept of "the body within the brain"—that one's hand or face exists as much as a series of nerve structures or a "neuron concept", as it exists as a physical form." an example of nature striving for perfection.
    • for our d&d fans (Last post by a67)
    • Long time I dont played games... I miss my elf shinobi.... :laugh: I already created several games... I was a dungeon master. I still have one map for a game I was creating. Genre broken times.. I found a book with SW style d&d. It give me a taste to create a new game. Thats would be great on a computer platform.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Desolous)
    • Mostly shoulders, with pull ups , some push ups, and 1 mile/ 20 min on arc trainer. 15 min in the sauna, cuz it will be summer soon here and hotter than a thousand Canadian hells.
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: i don't know why, but women that can fight are really attractive to me.... YES. YES. YES. YES. VERY YES. MUCH AGREE.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by steamboat28)
    • I think I just inadvertantly shoo'd someone away from the community. But, honestly, if you know you hate this community, why would you look for old friends in places where this community meets? I mean, if I have a hate-on against drinking, I'm not going to scour the bars to see if my friends are inside. I'd find a way that wouldn't frustrate me to do so. Seriously, who the hell does this? And why am *I* the bad guy for pointing it out?
    • A humble apology ... (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Ordinarily, I would deliver a Live Service today ... As it were, this the period where I'm busy with obnoxious hours that I tell you about in the AFK thread. I'll give you a Live Service soon ; I just couldn't get to it for this evening. Moreover, I would have to deliver it at a time which would be ridiculously early for everyone in the Western Hemisphere. So, let's wait a few days ... In the meantime, a friend sent me this story which I find quite applicable : www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/217...ir-according-to-hope I hope you enjoy it as much as I do ... ;)
    • some personal thoughts on Jediism (Last post by Rob78)
    • The force is within us, surrounding us, unmovable like a mountain, and yet as flowing as a stream, enduring like the ancient tree whose roots grow deep, and whose branches forever reach. The force is the raging storm, and the rolling, surging sea, the beauty of a sunrise that kisses our skin, and gifts us with light to see. The force is our guide upon which path to tread, our conscience, our knowledge, our source of strength. In fear may We find courage, in anguish may We Find peace, in the silence may We the find answers and the truths we seek. The force is the beginning and end of all things, a reminder of what our world could, or should be. Peace and friendship not prejudice or war. Compassion and understanding, not ignorance, cruelty or indifference. We are the Jedi children of the force, in our every breath, every heartbeat, in waking moment and sleeping thought. With each success and every failure, with each life that blesses us, and each death that affects us. May our actions be just, and our inaction justified, may the force guide us all to do what is right. May we serve with dignity as we walk the path together, a journey bound by love and unity, our greatest treasure.
    • Beyond Carnism and towards Rational, Authentic Foo... (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: Perhaps I would be more honest(with myself) in saying I believe(not know) they feel it on a level we can not(so far been unable) quantify. If we pretend for a moment that it will take more than simple science to explain everything in the universe, almost every animist culture agrees that (on a spiritual level) plants do feel pain when hurt, and fear when threatened, without the proper respect or rites. To be fair animism almost makes scientific sense: science is never right, but "righter" every day. Animism is basic theorization of observed phenomenon: Observation: Take too much fish from the river and the river won't give you any again Theory: The river is angry with you, the river is therefore some sort of being of greater complexity than you Speaking of which, animism, from latin "animus" which is also the root of "animal", meant life, not just life made out of meat. If that's not a sign of sentiocentrism in biology, I don't know what is :P
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: I'm just going to sneak in at the end here and place this link: instinctmagazine.com/post/uk-students-un...n-acting-black-women I make no comments... OHNO THEY DITANT! :snap: :headtilt:

There are 190 visitors, 4 guests and 25 members online (one in chat): steamboat28, baru, Karn, ren, Nakis, Adhara, Proteus, Metsu Desal, Llama Su, Kamizu, mdk, Edan, Wudan, Pyrus Erath, Matsukaze, Tarran, Cyan Sarden, Solipsis, Tk768, Fenton, Atticus509, Alathis, TheDude, Krieger, The Penguin, Oakenshaw, Mobius1991, bloodx.

Follow Us