Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".
Show compassion to all living beings.
Live to serve life.

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

• Mark Anjuu
  • Senior Knight
  • Priest
  • ID: 4373
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Morganna

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
Peace be with you.

Also, keep being awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Reiki Thread :-) (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • EDIT Thanks for the article Kit - im guessing that answers what im asking in this post! Quote: Start low, end high. I tend to breath in through nose only when their is obvious particulate or its really cold, otherwise I get better flow in through the mouth and adequate filtration through the moisture in the mouth, and out through the nose to retain moisture. Switch them both around in different configs depending on circumstance. Is it releted to Reiki? the original intent of the question was specifically during a reiki treatment but since its been asked i guess any good suggestions on breathwork are beneficial in general also id like to be clear with the responses so far - when people say "start low" are you meaning "belly breathin/use your diaphram" low or "draw from the center of the earth low"? that may seem like a silly question i have had great resluts from using the feeling that my feet and legs draw in from the earth with every inhalation similar to how a plant might draw water into itself from the ground and generally, i feellike i project outwards better either when i hold my breath or on exhalation
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 10 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 10 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps 1.1km running.
    • Men Hardwired to be Better than Women at Chess (Last post by Edan)
    • Regarding your last point, this is relevant to something I studied recently which suggests that parents speak more often to girls as children than boys, leading to better language development. Possibly explains your journalism point.
    • Help (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • It's not posted anywhere public, it was in a PM. Anyways, all three of you have "hit the nail on the head" ^^
    • Line between comedy and racism? (Last post by Radar6590)
    • I'd be interested in examining why comedy writers feel the need to add satire based on race in the first place. What is the goal of it? Some people believe that making light of serious situations shows that people can laugh at themselves and others. There is something to be said for having a certain reverence for a culture that is different from your own. You can debate the context of the joke ad infinitum but from the article it sounds like half of the disagreement came from sloppy, inaccurate set designs and names. At least the movie is making some strides by bringing in cultural experts and appropriately responding to the concerns of their Native American actors.
    • Art & Jediism (Last post by Rob78)
    • I work as an Illustrator and sculptor and I definately can associate with what people are saying here. For me personally I feel a terrific link to the force when I actually take the time to really study a subject, especially from nature. It's not just about recreating what you see before you, but understanding everything that goes into the make up of it, such as light, shadow, texture form etc. when sketching in particular, and using the imagination a reservoir of inspiration comes from within, and often I don't really know or understand what I'm putting on to the page, it just flows, sometimes with amazing results, and at other times a confusing jumble of scribbles. I think art in whatever form is a reflection of our state of mind, and a means of expressing this. I was an art teacher for an international school, and I can honestly say that it was one of the most touching experiences of my life to see children from different cultures(some conflicting) come together to express their creativity.
    • Personality and its Transformations (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this is a lecture series that ive been watching and i find myself wanting to post different videos from it across a wide range of the topics going on here at the temple - so - rather than pell melling bits and pieces of the series all over the place, which i imagine would be both disorganized and irritating, i would like to share them all in one thread and then whoever is interested can watch the series is is called Personality and its Transformations and its from a class by Jordan Peterson en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson from his website jordanbpeterson.com/ It was issues of personality and its transformations that thrust psychology into the forefront of popular consciousness during the twentieth century. Psy230S addresses these intensely interesting topics. The first half of the course deals with classic issues of psychology. The psychoanalytic thinkers -- Freud, Jung and Adler -- are placed in a context of pre-experimental religious and ritual thought, devoted to the transformation of habit and interpretive schema. The existentialists, phenomenologists, and humanists -- concerned with the relationship between the individual, meaning and health -- are discussed from the perspective of philosophy and political science. The constructivists are dealt with from a viewpoint that is simultaneously developmental and ontological. The second half of the course deals with issues of modern experimental psychology, from a more biological standpoint. Issues of motivation and information-processing are considered from within a standpoint that is essentially cybernetic: how do human beings operate in the world? What are their goals, their ends and means? What role do emotions and fundamental motivational states play in adaptation to the environment? How might personality traits and disorders be understood, from within such a framework? theyre all just over an hour and imo they are absolutely awesome and very relevant to everyone if anyone wants to discuss a video in particular just go for it even if the thread has moved passed it - if its interesting then jump in i hope others enjoy these as much as i have heres the first two videos Introductions Mythological Representations
    • Freedom Writers (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Today I was able to converse with some people affiliated with Child-Family Services. They shared with me a story of how they approached an aloof principal ( >.> ) that had a very grim outlook on students that were "challenging". He did not want to talk with them, instead he tried to brush them off. Fortunately, these two amazing women do not take "no" for an answer. The story reminded me of an amazing woman named Erin Gruwell. In keeping to the theme Jedi Community Action is promoting this quarter (Education and Literacy) I encourage all of you to take the time to watch the movie "Freedom Writers" (2007) and look into the webpage that continues Erin's work: www.freedomwritersfoundation.org

There are 883 visitors, 8 guests and 32 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, Streen, Jestor, Kitsu Tails, Nakis, Proteus, V-Tog, Reacher, Alan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Mareeka, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Mathew Erickson, Red, Calanon, Radar6590, Matsukaze, Tarran, Exarchias, StarWalker930, Culla, Cyan Sarden, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Krieger, asteropos, MaGnA CrYsTaL, Lestaut, gaijinda, WayneTec, Jaksis.

Follow Us