Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, csmith

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Apprentices: discorder, hellisforhorses, Red Lila
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor

Senior Knight and Priest of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

• csmith
  • Novice
  • ID: 10203
@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Quote: I don't feel there is a need to symbolically advertise that one is Jedi, when the Jedi path in the real world is one of action. Action and behaviour speaks for itself. That's exactly what I meant by the word symbol. We don't need to wear a symbol; we need to be a symbol. But becoming that symbol takes careful preparation, measured action, and thoughtful application of our abilities. We don't necessarily need to be instantly recognized as Jedi because of what we wear, but rather when someone sees us do something like (as in tzb's example) respond to a car crash, they say, "that's how a Jedi would handle that."
    • chat (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • Had to dip out fast. Work called me in early. It was fun chatting with you all, hope to do it again soon!
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by Koffee)
    • It's as natural and inevitable as a snake shedding its skin, yo. In other words, humans are intrinsically metaphysical. As consciousness evolves, so must ones beliefs or "faiths" correspond to this evolution. Faith must decay before it can grow anew, and since growth is a a natural property of consciousness, it follows that all faiths must in some sense decay. This sense of "decay" could be elaborated further, but I would generally consider "questioning" one's faith to be either a kind of decay or a symptom of decay, depending on how you want to approach describing the phenomena. What is essential never really dies, however. So one may qualify my original answer with a few other distinctions and terms, etc.
    • Further Religious Structure (Last post by Koffee)
    • Quote: Welcome to the Temple. :) Regarding a need or desire for a sophisticated theology, many of us already have these, on an individual basis. However many of us feel our core message doesn't require any additional complexity, and instead choose to extrapolate our own approaches from a few basic rules - perhaps not even all of the rather simple doctrine you've read, most of which follows from the Code given enough consideration. Personally one of the vectors of my life is to simplify, rather than to elaborate. I also came from Taoism (I've done a little work on this basis here), but prefer the Jedi way because it is simpler, and therefore represents a real alternative. The action of the Force is change. A large, rigid body of theology does nothing to represent our core beliefs in this fluidity and the validity of individual, subjective experience. Given our widely varying conceptions of what the Force actually means, one might find a phenomenology of it somewhat elusive. Fair warning ;) Ah, thanks. This gives me a sense of the common predispositions of the Jedi faithful. lol but I'll take up your challenge regarding a phenomenology of the force... in fact, I personally think one has already been conceived, but only in a different vocabulary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenological_definition_of_God This is my personal view, however. I do think Henry's language could be altered to describe the Force instead.
    • Let's Negotiate the Jedi Code! (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Sure, Akkarin... but, the code is interpretable. Meaning that simple adherence will not save somebody. It has to be "solved", like a puzzle, to fit each person's needs in life... then, once personalized and adhered to, then it might be some salvation.
    • And here we are ... an address from the Pasteur (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I am happy to listen to concerns as per my capacity as a member of the clergy. I will say, though, that we have a forum that has "moods". There is a group mentality here, don't you think? We may have contrasting ideas, but the emotions of the forum are almost Oversoulesque, to steal from Thoreau. This week has been an adolescent period for us. We are experiencing bodily changes as a group, and as such we have to step back and not overreact. The teenager going through puberty might feel like these changes are the end of the world, but they are only the natural progression of life. Very common. So, relax, take a look at where you are, and feel free to voice your concerns. It's all about perspective.
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Proteus)
    • Megadeth - I Thought I Knew It All Lyrics: Somewhere there's a reason Why things go like they do Somewhere there's a reason Why somethings just fall through We don't always see them For what they really are But I know there's a reason, Just can't see it from this far Maybe I don't like it, but I have no choice I know that somewhere, someone hears my voice I thought I knew it all I thought I had it made How could it end this way? I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason Why things don't go my way Somewhere there's a reason That I cannot explain Just like the change of season, Just may not be my turn But I know there's a reason, The lesson's mine to learn
    • American men, American media, and the villificatio... (Last post by ren)
    • I don't mean from the book itself but from the article. My experience of TV tells me it's rubbish, with the only guy on TV that looks normal to me being norm from "new yankee workshop". though I'm sure there are other instances of men not being mis-represented. I know of at least one show that makes fun of women ("real housewives of some town"), but i find it particularly distasteful, my wife is the one who watches this sort of rubbish (This stuff genuinely makes me feel like after 10 years free of TV I should never have hooked it up to an aerial)
    • Personal 'Codes' (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Not the code Alexandre Orion requested... that is still in the works. More like, "What I've noticed is.." * Everything eats. * Every system is in the act of becoming something else. Extra energy can only hold one way so long. * You can pay up front or you can pay out back, but you always pay. Generally, up front is cheaper. * The universe abides life, but does not favor one over another. * There is no justice. It’s just us. * Love and kindness are indispensable. * They all talk. It is, admittedly, a very personal shorthand.
    • Pimp my Snail (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: now thats funny but thats so bad for them.... painting shells is always a bad idea lol but funny! Im hoping that they used non toxic paint. But in the article he mentions that one snail was still going 2 months later.. so maybe. But they are pretty damn cool snails!

There are 114 visitors, 8 guests and 33 members online (7  are in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, ren, Kitsu Tails, Brian, Wescli Wardest, Learn_To_Know, ldickson, Proteus, rugadd, Rosalyn J, Tripp Borz, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, zeronycon, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, benedictveritas, Frost, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, SeventhSL, porkapon763, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Oneiros, Exarchias, Puerh, Jung Faol, WRThore, Moraljon14.

Follow Us