Jedi views on homosexuality

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 04:03 #58645

My 2 cents on this would have to be:

I no longer believe that the United States, or possibly any other country, creates laws specifically for unity, general safety, and morality. Whether it be against homosexuality, or something else harmless, the government seems to exceed expectations on making laws just to simply--well, make laws!

And on the note of YthanH, I agree completely. Another good example is The bible was translated into English from Hebrew way before we even had a complete grasp on original hebrew. They have since corrected a few things but not all is complete, and not all is original.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Megan4506

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:01 #58669

@ bornofosiris: You're right. The Bible has been changed and things have been forged by peolpe many times, so (in my opinion) not every thing that's in the bible should be trusted, such as the views on homosexuality. No offence intended to any "bible-lovers".

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 11:28 #58675

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
On the Bible but, the one we normally read now was translated from Greek normally which was how it was written and some hebrew and there are a lot of miss-translations in it so it is possible that Jesus was gay or had a relationship with Mary just depends which translation you take and into how of it you read

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:24 #58757

Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, Kimla Daalm, Luthien, Kalkho

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 02 May 2012 19:41 #58762

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
Mark Anjuu wrote:
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate (apologies to those that can't see it):
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150833...28349&type=1&theater

A great argument against all those that quote the Bible (Old Testament) when discriminating.

Love that letter, always makes me cack up when i see it :D

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 08:56 #58829

• Kalkho
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 9870
To all Christians opposing homosexuality: Jesus clearly stated, that there are no Commandments greater than the Two Commandments of Love. You're not exactly loving your fellow men by hating them, do you?

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 09:11 #58830

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
I can't say it enough, I love this comic strip!

coffeewithjesus65.jpg
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan

"Together, the teacher, and the taught, make the lesson." -- Eckart Tolle

Dan: "I have enough teachers."
Socrates: "Oh do you now? Whether you have a proper teacher or not, depends on what you want to learn."

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Viskhard, Darren, csmith

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 16:09 #58865

• Akkarin
  • Councillor
  • Priest
  • ID: 484
We were talking in chat and this was brought up:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
Apprentices: Red Lila
Former Apprentices: Desolous
Former Master: Br. John

Councillor
Head of Public Relations and Marketing
Librarian
Associate Pastor

Senior Knight and Priest of the Temple of the Jedi Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: PloKoon, Darren

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 03 May 2012 17:27 #58876

• csmith
  • Novice
  • ID: 10203
@akkarin

What I said before about age of consent, I am merely trying not to encourage breaking Laws that for the most part, do protect the people without taking away a disproportinate amount of freedom. There can be no arguement that laws about legal age of consent do more bad than good. Do I think there should be a way to work around them whento individuals do consent with at least a decent idea of what they are getting into, yes. Legitimate protection good, tyranny bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

Re: Jedi views on homosexuality 05 May 2012 16:09 #59172

same here Akkarin i fall in love with people
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Down's Syndrome... (Last post by Psyddhattha)
    • I've spent my career working with people with Down Syndrome. Most of those I've known seem to have happy and fulfilled lives. They are often an example to me on how to enjoy the simple things in life and live in the moment! Having said that I have no problem with Dawkins expressing his opinion, although I don't agree with it, and it is up to the parents to decide whether or not they want to abort of course.
    • zip files (Last post by Edan)
    • Try rar for android. If you get stuck I can unzip it and email to you.
    • Violence and Jedi (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Just to avoid confusion, the first post if mine was a passage written by Marc MacYoung. I do not agree with him 100%, though I find him to be an important voice in discussing the dynamics of violence. More to the point, I would not want to take credit for the man's work. That said, I have encountered people who have a pacifying effect on an environment. It is a powerful thing to see.
    • Words Mean Things II... The Revenge... (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Quote: As long as we're defining... that is technically 38% cyan, 85% magenta, 3% yellow, and 0% black to make what appears to be "perrywinkle". See? Words DO mean things. :evil: If that is the perrywinkle I am refering to. Alexandre happens to know that I was refering to a different perrywinkle... one of the fruitier colors in the "box of crayons". :P I would think that rather than quible over a words deffinition we would try to understand what the other person was refering to and see if we could come to a terminology that could be universal, at least for the conversation. And on a slightly different yet related note... I just had an idea. Would the description you gave for the color perrywinkle have any meaning to a blind person? I would think that if it did, it would only be the meaning that individual assigned it based on how they were able to understand color. So in a way, the words we use are universally meaningless, but very menaingful to the interpreter. :D
    • [WARNING 18+/NSFW] 50 Shades of Gay (Last post by jedi_roz)
    • Quote: Wow this really degenerated fast :whistle: :lol: A bunch of naughty little monkeys we have here...and here I've been restraining myself.... :( Very proud to be a naughty little monkey.... More fun that way!
    • Looking for initiate study partners! (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Quote: I think devils advocate is only as useful a tool if you are sincere about it. I dont play devils advocate, if I am it is because I am sincerely in opposition to the subject matter. I know many who attempt it without sincerity and it makes for a poor tool. I would have a hard time believing that only exploring one view would give someone a more well-rounded idea of the subject matter. If that is what you are suggesting by claiming to be the Devil’s Advocate? I could have misunderstood your meaning though. ;) I agree that many are not sincer about what they do. Nor do they attempt to accomplish things by committing themselves 100%. This often leads to poor results or negative results. But that does not make it a failure in my eyes… it creates an opportunity to learn from for future reference. ;) I don’t believe that any of us ever commit 100% of ourselves to everything we do. And I doubt we will ever be able to do that either. So as I see it, we will always have opportunities created by ourselves to learn from. :D PS, after rereading what you wrote a couple times I eralize that my first interprtation of what you said was incorrect. My appologies. :D
    • Unquestioned belief (Last post by rugadd)
    • Really, ideally, one should take it all as it is when its presented, with no pretense, including ones reactions. Its the only way we can ever really see who we are. My wife, even now during our Dark Times( :unsure: ) challenges my thinking(or lack thereof) and disillusions my beliefs constantly. It is ALWAYS uncomfortable, but I have learned it hurts less and I grow more when I accept her perspective and logic. I'm intuition most of the time and she always has atleast 5 sources before she brings something up to me...even my personal habits...
    • QUESTION (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: Quote: Too bad these aren't on Netflix. Then we could binge watch them like a season of Breaking Bad. :laugh: Absolutely! I have a bunch of his books. I have been a Campbell fan since college. It had been two years since I last watched them. It was fun doing it again. I'll put another vote for Netflix!! :D I have one of his books, and although I find him fascinating to listen to, I have a hard time with keeping my attention on the book lol. :blush:
    • The Boy Who Was a Wolf (Last post by Zenchi)
    • You get me hooked and then end it like that? (Shakes fists in the air). Spoiler: Good one Stu, I await patiently for the sequel....
    • Arcade, Knight, Ceremony, 2014 (Last post by Desolous)
    • I'll be there, if only so I can stylishly disrupt it somehow. Jk, I'm proud of you, cade. You rule pretty hard, and it will be an honor for you to join our ranks.
    • UTC Time (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: Quote: Lol, tru dat. Sometimes I don't think like a Jedi all that well. And some of us Jedi don't math well :silly: And some of us are only mediocre at both :lol:

There are 96 visitors, 10 guests and 35 members online (2  are in chat): Br. John, Shadouness, Streen, Jestor, jedi_roz, Damion_Storm, Lightstrider, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Gisteron, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Clone_Warrior, avner, Khaos, Rickie The Grey, Buvan, Llama Su, jontix, Kamizu, Obi-Wan Lightheart, Trey, wesleycook74, Edan, tzb, jasonwilkins, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Cabur Senaar, KalSterner, ladyhawksoulshine, Chadius4, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Tmabbc, Lars.

Follow Us