The Imperishable Gem

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Daily Gem -- Mar 28th, 2012 28 Mar 2012 03:06 #54601

(Submitted by Jedi Apprentice Psyddhattha)

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

- Confucius
Master: Jestor
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Jacen solo, Psyddhattha

Daily Gem -- Mar 29th, 2012 29 Mar 2012 02:12 #54661

(Submitted by Jedi Knight Akkarin)

Liberty is not the means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest political end.

- Lord Acton
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Psyddhattha, Proteus

Daily Gem -- Mar 30th, 2012 30 Mar 2012 02:10 #54731

(Submitted by Jedi Apprentice Viskhard)

He who lives without discipline dies without honor.

- Icelandic Proverb

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacen solo, Psyddhattha, Locksley

Daily Gem -- Apr 1st, 2012 01 Apr 2012 11:59 #54867

(Submitted by Jedi Knight Akkarin)

Woe to him whose good name is more to him than goodness.

– Herman Melville, Moby Dick

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 10th, 2012 10 Apr 2012 05:55 #55836

(Submitted by Senior Jedi Knight Akkarin)

" 'You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?'

" 'Because you'll be together!' "

- Cobb to Mal - Inception (2010).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Adhara, Reliah

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 11th, 2012 11 Apr 2012 04:46 #55941

(Submitted by Jedi Apprentice Adder)

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.

- Lao Tzu

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Jacen solo

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 13th, 2012 13 Apr 2012 05:01 #56158

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but TODAY is Friday the 13th!

- Unknown

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 14th, 2012 14 Apr 2012 18:47 #56267

No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!

- C. JoyBell C.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Kimla Daalm

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 16th, 2012 16 Apr 2012 00:47 #56387

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters.

- Francisco Goya

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

The Imperishable Gem -- Apr 17th, 2012 17 Apr 2012 03:00 #56546

We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.

- Unknown

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Words Mean Things. (Last post by Jestor)
    • To acknowledge a joke makes one appear more human...:lol:... Now rugadd is teasing me, and I am rolling with it...;) But, I was was figuring that people should go more with what means, than which exact words one uses... Cause we all make mistakes...:) Even you, lol...:)
    • Another XKCD- Answers (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Not sure where to put this- so thought I'd just add it here. Just a bit of a fun poke at star wars www.xkcd.com/1397/ Don't turn it on.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • ....I try to get in, learn more about, rely upon, have confidenc with my intuitive and touchie feely. I desire to open myself to things directly that are beyond my limited senses. I have a good mind for science and can conceptualize many/most scientific assertions. BUT truly knowing is beyond science and for me to rely on only science to explain and understand things is to limit myself. It is arrogant to think we are capable of knowing/mastering all there is. Knowing that you don't know frees/opens your mind to all possibilities. Thoughts are not just about logic. Feeling is more than just emotions. Thoughts and feelings are very refined energies and are very very powerful though difficult to discern. Having said that: I presented no evidence or facts of any kind, asked no questions nor tried to persuade anyone of anything. Accurate, meaningfull, worthwhile??? It was for me. :P If anything I write makes you think/feel/expand your mind then I did good. Think what you like, believe what you wish and live well. We need more thinking and feeling to make the world a better place. :) Peace
    • Unacceptable Casualties of War (Last post by Deepseablue)
    • Quote: Czech Airlines were not flying from Seoul to Prague above Ukraine. Only above Russia. We have arrived safely in Prague. Good for you! I wouldn't have wanted to be anyone anywhere near Ukraine in the days after the "crash."
    • Well, I thought I would make a few suggestions... (Last post by Proteus)
    • The shoutbox was a 3rd party code which ren was managing when he was admin but took it down after the site's update due to some kind of compatibility or functional issues and never finished fixing it back up. Whatever its condition was when he left, I forgot, but I can check and see if there's anything we can do about it.
    • Thoughts of a simple man (Last post by Arcade)
    • Thanks for sharing, Mike. It's a beautiful piece. One of my favorite albums, by a band called 'In the Nursery', includes a song that incorporates snippets of this poem. [video] The album's closing track contains an exquisitely narrated version of the entire poem without music (hidden after a period of silence), but I was unable to find a clip of that online.
    • Rape Culture (Last post by Zanthan Storm)
    • There are so many ways to reply to this. Often times... rape culture is restricted. Studies are altered to serve one group or another... This stuff really.. comes down to ... BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING. Women don't force stuff on men (sexual or otherwise) Men don't force stuff on women (sexual or otherwise) BE respectful No means no. People who have been raped... That sucks. I see it on a weekly basis... They need help and protection. People who'cry wolf' they are doing as much harm, because then those who it actually happens to... well their voice is lessened. People who do this.. should be charged with false claims and it should be a high punishment. As to who or why... To be honest... I don't care outside of that they get caught. Again, studies to prove anything here. However, it should be treated as any crime. Innocent til proven guilty and the person to claims rape should be safe. Simple. No political aims... nothing else. This culture... should not exist. Period.
    • Jedi Lightsaber (Last post by Phortis Nespin)
    • I built this last year. Plumbing parts, fire department ladder rung, parts from Custom Saber Shop, and other stuff. [attachment] [attachment]
    • Jedi Realist Radio (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • With the revamp going we will be having our 23rd live episodeepisode tonight. Show will be live at 8pm eastern time. www.blogtalkradio.com/jedi-realist-radio...nts-medieval-knights

There are 184 visitors, 5 guests and 16 members online (one is in chat): Octagon, steamboat28, Shadouness, jedi_roz, Wescli Wardest, Trose , Proteus, Luthien, scott777ab, Khaos, scottmcclure, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, zeronycon, Kohadre, wesleycook74, SilverWolf, Jamie Stick.

Follow Us