wikipedia

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Men Hardwired to be Better than Women at Chess (Last post by Akkarin)
    • This article made the rounds yesterday and has caused a bit of a stir: www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/20/ni...-chess-players-women After reading this response today: www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flappi...psychology?CMP=fb_gu which argued: Quote: While there are differences between male and female brains, there aren’t as many as most people believe, certainly not one that would be so stark and specific to mean differing aptitudes for a specific board game, no matter how classic it is. I decided to do some knowledge-digging to double check what I had thus far taken a little for granted which was the fact that there are more male geniuses (and more male idiots) in the world when compared to women. The fact of the matter is men show a greater variance of ability than women in tests including 'all of the tests in maths, space, and science'. This is indeed enough to make a difference to how good one is at playing an intellectual game such as chess. Short's biggest mistake wasn't saying something which was factually wrong but for not drawing a big enough distinction between the biological factors which influence one's ability to play chess and the social factors, such as sexism, which hinder women's enthusiasm and interest in playing chess. The reason why more women do not play the game professionally is probably much more to do with social factors discouraging them rather than on average women being necessarily worse at the game at the highest levels - even if they are.
    • No need for a physical temple (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Hello my friends. I have to disagree with you, we need a jedi temple, we need to have a place, not only to meet in person other jedi, but to have a system to teach others, to make other people to not see us as a Joke or nerds that like star wars...if se want to be recognized in the world we need something phisical that people can see that we are not just playing. I appreciate that you want us to not be looked at as not serious, but as long as we are happy with what we are doing I don't see the need to do something just to improve someone else's opinion of us. I would hope that people don't consider a building to be the organisation... the Temple of the Jedi Order is its people, not its property. Our actions should be our message, in my opinion. With regards to meetings, you don't need a building, you just need people to turn up at one place, anywhere (indeed, us UK people are doing that this year). And we already have a system to teach others. Some may disagree with me, but I slightly suspect that you haven't read the entire thread, so if you haven't I would go back and have a look at all the arguments.
    • Daredevil anyone? (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Hallway fight. That is all. I went back and watched it a couple of times... Some of the series I really like; I like that it's not been fit into the same kind of mould as Arrow and the Flash, and I really like Fisk and how his story has expanded. It has felt a bit lacking in a few places.. I can't quite explain, but there were a few episodes where I felt like there was some depth missing; not to Matt but the story itself. Is it silly that I prefer the 'zorro' thing Matt has going on to a proper suit?
    • The negatives of "life hacks" (Last post by Mareeka)
    • Quote: Stop Hacking Your Life I came across this today and found it extremely interesting. Specifically, about two thirds of the way down in began discussing two different types of time: chronos and kairos. Both are greek words I believe. The idea that chronos is simply the time on the clock and kairos is feeling time. Really it's hard to explain, the article does it better. Thanks for highlighting chronos and kairos. I researched Kairos . . . It is the event that seemingly happens out of the blue. . .positive or negative . . .the unexpected call from a friend you haven't heard from in a long time or finding out you have cancer. The article for me points to abstract/creative mind & analytical/reasoning mind. In no specific context . . . except that the distribution within one may be change throughout a lifetime.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 10 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 10 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps 1.1km running.
    • Who are you to say that? (School of Life take) (Last post by rugadd)
    • I often keep my mouth shut because of such responses. I some times feel I can't say anything on a lot of topics because I am not an expert or can not remember all the significant factors. This can lead to lower sense of self worth.
    • Terrible Idea (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Jedi have been doing Gatherings and Chapters since 2002. Meeting up offline, training together, studying together, and partaking the social friendship's that has brought many of us together like family. Chicago, Colorado, California, Michigan now has two Chapters....These are things we should be supporting and developing further. These are what will lead to more stable and permenate locale for "Temples" Michigan has already served as home and retreat for several Jedi in need by simply opening up our extra room to them. The Jedi Temples are you home and backyard.
    • What do you "feel" is the future of the ... (Last post by Locksley)
    • Quote: Just to toss this out there you do under stand that gospel just means good news right? So really there is no direct fact or truth associated with that word. www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gospel
    • what you are about to see cannot be unseen (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: When I first clicked on I thought the first picture you had taken a selfie Ryujin :laugh: :P ;) :lol: no nononono no....i have pics of my brother-in-law wearing a teddy and bunny ears....just in case i need leverage...i don't want to give him leverage :woohoo:
    • Etsy Artwork (Last post by Arcade)
    • Wow, Streen. You're very talented. Your use of space and color are amazing, and I really like the tiny details that aren't immediately noticeable. Thank you for sharing your work.
    • Looking for Clergy Volunteers (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: I was wondering if a few of you ministers/deacons etc, who aren’t caught up with other responsibilities, would volunteer to do a little piece including a bit about you and the work you do for the clergy that I can post in the Youth Forum. I'll try to do this today or tomorrow :) If you'd like you could get the clergy themselves to post it in their journals and then someone (I'll volunteer) can use mod-powers to move those posts over to the Youth forum. This way the post will have that persons avatar and stuff readily available.

There are 206 visitors, 11 guests and 31 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Connor L., Adhara, Darren, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, Rickie, Edan, Mareeka, Silvermane, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, peace, Vrael, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Cyan Sarden, Fenton, Loudzoo, Relyt Dagor, Atticus509, That_one_guy, WayToTheNorthsea, Patsfreak101, Aeterna Lucio, ChesShadowkin, punchi, Jote, ShatteredExpert, HamilcarBarca, LittleJamie.

Follow Us