wikipedia

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Video Games Promoting Nationalism and War? (Last post by Adder)
    • Eeeek, :woohoo: I love MWO. The snow maps always remind me of Hoth. I only do public drop's and still enjoy them too much, but I find community warfare difficult to get into, literally, I must be impatient as I always seem to miss the match starts and get left in the lobby for about 15mins. Go Clan Jade Falcon!!! I tend to view games like MWO as tactical simulators and not war simulations. MWO being fantasy equipment set in outer space also differentiates it from reality.... I find its only relevance exercising awareness and skill in using systems in a contested environment. Though games like Operation Flashpoint were attempts at real war simulation. OFP has large open battlefields, all vehicles and weapons accessible, it was the individual player who could recreate large sets of human behaviour in realistic real world environments in a complex scripted nation level war environments. I think these are more dangerous because it fool's people into thinking they have had experience of war, and even worse makes them disassociate the reality of war from undertaking it. A derivation of OFP was/is used by the USMC for training its so realistic compared to other FPS shooting games.... perhaps not in graphic quality, but in operational applicability. So any game which is set in a real world environment, which includes death and destruction of people and real environments probably should be for adults only IMO. They should code in compassion to these things, such as taking prisoner etc is more rewarding them just non-stop slaughter - make information and storyline more important then just kill counts, But aliens, robots and other fantasy stuff seems ok to me :evil:
    • Do you have a loved one that has a mental illness?... (Last post by cm_chasse)
    • Quote: My fiance had depression, and my only advice to you is to try and encourage your girlfriend to speak with therapist. I know that it probably feels to her like the only thing she can be bothered with is to sit inside with her sadness.. the only way to really get over depression is to try and first understand why, and then work to overcome it. She saw one last year (who was really great), took a few months off and started with a new one for the new year. So far it's going alright, she has only had two sessions but I have hope that she will progress further with it. I saw a therapist when I was younger and it worked wonders for me. I will definitely inbox you when I need advice :)
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kohadre)
    • Quote: OK, so I know this is generational and you young ones will give me some sort of excuse like..." But that's the way our generation does it", but.... I DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING! WHO THE F*&%%$$ DEITY DIED AND LEFT YOU AS*)&%%LES IN CHARGE? WE ALL CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING, AND THAT'S THE WAY WE ALL LEAVE THIS WORLD! IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED, RESPECT OTHERS FIRST! THIS ENTITLEMENT GENERATION ARE NOTHING BUT FOOLS, ARROGANT, IGNORANT, AND LACKING ANY SKILLS TO SEE THE WORLD IN FRONT OF THEM! DON'T BE ONE OF THEM! Like retirement? My generation seems to understand the "we're fucked over scale" pretty well, it seems the previous ones still think they deserve something (even if they paid into it)
    • Jedi Knight in one word (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • And as a fun little bonus! Once your done connecting all the matching words with your one. Look up the synonyms for your one word. I was surprised at how many words that matched up with my choice that I missed or didn't think about
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I am grateful that people understand my crazieness... Here's to all the crazy ones :) Thank you
    • Native American Jedi... tribes, skills, get to kno... (Last post by Kohadre)
    • My grandfather was full blood Cherokee, which makes me a quarter by decent. 1. Jedi Name: Kohadre 2. Cherokee name: wahaya saquii 3. Cherokee nation 4. Strong bloodline reaching back to icelandic tribes 5. Bow making, bow hunting, communing with natures spirits, fire gazing/scrying
    • Honesty - what form or type do you like? (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I try to remember the following quote when I'm faced with an honesty conundrum: "A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies one can invent" - William Blake Your intent is the key. Under normal circumstances I'm skeptical of "tough love" - although certain circumstances will demand it. Search your feelings for the right approach - and timing is everything! Brutal honesty can often be avoided, to be replaced with a compassionate honesty at a different time under different circumstances. Obviously lying should be avoided but "white lies" have their place :)
    • Grey Jedi Code Anyone? (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I thought I might provide some sources. Check this out: www.accessconsciousness.com/classtype_details.asp?cid=17 www.accessconsciousness.com/class_details.asp?cid=41691 There is a blog post about it too: access-consciousness-blog.com/2013/06/is...80%99re-looking-for/ "There is another way, however. The “love” you’re looking for is possible through being you, says Heer. “What if instead of striving for love you were willing to have gratitude, caring, and no judgment? If you were willing to choose that instead, it would take you out of all the judgments that are attached to that program of love.”" Access is all about deprogramming from society. For that reason, it IS considered a cult in many peoples' views. Any group that is hellbent on separating you from society is viewed that way, is it not? *shrugs* I have no judgment of that. ;)
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • whos coming for you now? who's coming for you now? im coming for you right now the middle of the night now whos gonna be the light now I aint afraid to fight and I know how to know im right now look straight into my eyes and the lies are exposed in the throws of demise of those who chose to trade blows with the wise he sees roses and skies as he closes his eyes he despises the hate of his surmises suprises are unpleasant for the lost and the eyeless apply this dont be afraid to die its the only way to fly you can make it to.the sky if you try and no day can pass you by and you cry as you laugh cause you tried and at last you arrived and alas had to die to your past yet survived all the paths full of wrath and of shame and the game still remains but the rules have to change cause the fools that remain look like jewels who disdain their own glimmer and claim that their chains make them sane while their shimmer is stained and unpolished in pain unacknowledged and you have this knowledge in here with you right now the middle of the night now you gotta be a light now dont be afraid to fight you know how to know youre right now! whos coming for you right now? whos coming for you right now? Jedi rap 2

There are 345 visitors, 9 guests and 39 members online (10  in chat): Akkarin, Shadouness, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Karn, Joe, Adder, LTK, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, V-Tog, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, scott777ab, Alastor, Llama Su, Vesha, Archon, Kamizu, elizabeth, Kohadre, Edan, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, Jamie Stick, carlos.martinez3, Goken, Cyan Sarden, RaB, OB1Shinobi, Staav Hilfurenn, Azuriem, jbrowning, Try, Sha Karn, Elfogeek, Loudzoo, Gen Lu Pa, obi-wan_k, Star111176.

Follow Us