wikipedia

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Sword as a Weapon of the Jedi (Last post by Ruminator)
    • Here in Bangladesh we don't have any fencing or kendo clubs. Martial arts is the closest I can get... I'm glad I found this thread.... keep up the discussion....
    • The Force Explained (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Idk, I don't think gravity makes for a decent comparison to the force, I can't taste gravity. On the other hand, there are bars, nightclubs in New York City, New Orleans, Paris and Amsterdam where a particular type of clientele congregate. Their DJ's play specific types of music that move their audience to produce an energy. Much of these crowds are populated with individuals experienced in energy manipulation, they'll draw in and gather the energy created from the crowd, cycle it through their body's while running it through specific filters, and force it back out into the crowd, over and over again, heightening the overall experience. I can honestly say the drug ecstasy doesn't come close to it, It is something that simply must be experienced first hand...
    • Using TOTJO and some bbcode help (Last post by Ruminator)
    • Thanks mate! I suppose they have switched to a newer template. Even though it doesn't have the quick reply feature(which is really handy imo) it is still pretty cool.
    • Jedi In Combat (Last post by Karn)
    • “It’s easy to be a holy man on top of a mountain.” This is a quote from the movie, The Razor’s Edge starring Bill Murray. It is about a man’s spirit journey about life. It was terrible in the eyes of the critics at the time. I watched it and it changed my life. This movie influenced my decision to join the military. Reacher, you have done an amazing job with this thread. As a brother in arms, I thank you for your service. Not everyone can do what we do. I disarm IEDs as part of my job, usually while taking sniper fire from someone trying to prevent me from clearing the area. Usually these devices are going to kill many people, innocent people, not just combatants. If this is not Jedi work I do not know what is. We all have our calling. I have served for 29 years. I have influenced the hearts and minds of countless Soldiers, Sailors and Marines globally. I walk the Jedi Path. I am a Jedi by my deeds and actions. I strive to be that example in some of the most brutal situations that I scarcely talk about except maybe to a fellow few who can relate or understand the horrors of the world. Some of my brother and sister veterans are/were storm troopers, but they are influenced by the example of true leadership. If we do not have Jedi walking among them, then who else will set that leadership example but the Palpatines of the world? It is not an easy road, but I had to come down from the mountain, step into the face of adversity and temptation that real life throws in our path and using the Force as my guide, managed it fairly well. Again this life is not one I recommend to anyone, I do it so that others do not have to. All I ask is that you take a moment and reflect, meditate on what Reacher’s message is truly saying. If Jedi do not have a place in military or combat then who is left to guide the will of the Force to temper the hands of those who wield the terrible might of the Human Ego?
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I am so pissed off right now :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    • Knights of Awakening Radio Team (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Just sort of an update: I wanted to let you know that KoA is still running. And I've taken my own show in three different avenues: Youtube, Podcast (live and non[?]-live) and now Prezi- sometimes written). For the Force Realist area, I would love to have more people get their input forward. So if anyone finds a subject they want to talk about relating to Jediism or the Jedi Path, or even the other Force Realist groups, send me the information (link, file, whatever) and we can get it posted up. That also means you can make responses to whatever I or my fellow hosts post up. We want to hear from you. :)
    • Hell Fire (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Thoughts? It's important to remember that there are two types of fire found in Christian spirituality. One is a bright, gleaming, cleansing fire--the kind that touched the lips of the prophet in Isaiah. It is the righteous flame of the Holy Spirit, the tongues of fire on the heads of worshippers, the warmth of the love of God, the consuming fire of the sacrificial altar, the light of all things good. The other is the fire of destruction. Hell, the Lake of Fire, all the imagery that goes with. However, if one notices, Hell is also associated (in biblical text) with great, great darkness. It's a fire that produces no light, only pain. An interesting concept. Some say hell is other people. Most days, I'm inclined to agree :whistle: But I do agree with those who say that Hell is well-and-proper the separation from a higher love. The thought of it is unbearable.
    • Aaron Paul to play Luke Skywalker in live read (Last post by Priwen)
    • And he's very excited about it. I wish I could see this, I used to feel the same way about authority when Luke was played by Mark Hamill, but I think that Aaron Paul will bring a more 'Rebellious' and angsty feel that draws more on Luke being drawn towards The Dark side of the force. What's everyone else think? Will anyone here possibly have a chance to see it?
    • What would Buddha say? (Last post by Edan)
    • Once these things happen I begin to wonder if the idea of the religion has become more important to the individual than actually practising it.

There are 236 visitors, 7 guests and 31 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Priwen, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Adhara, Gisteron, The_Lukeev, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Fezman92, Vesha, Archon, Edan, Silvermane, Kaverael, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Ezekiel Drathos, Cabur Senaar, Noah J, Revan Falton, Rahm Atuc, Exarchias, Ryno, Tk768, Jamieson, Gunnar, Ion, Ruminator.

Follow Us