wikipedia

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Positive Money (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Yesterday there was a debate in the House of Commons on the topic of 'Money creation and society'. It wasn't particularly well attended but it's a small step, in what I believe to be, in the right direction. I'm not sure what's the next step- but i hope there will be a spread of the knowledge and hope this will come into debate again. Here's a link for the video, in case you were interested, :) www.positivemoney.org/2014/11/live-parli...ey-creation-society/
    • Friendly weight loss challenge (Last post by Arkayik)
    • Oh, I've got a joke too.... A Jedi, Templar and Teutonic Knight walk into a Sith Bar... What?.... Not in the humour section you say?.... Oh dear, sorry. Yes, Well, he started it.... Well, by suggesting the world needs another thread about some arbitrarily useless non-measure of fitness.... Yes, well ok, but I thought it was funny what the Sith said.... Yes, yes, I'll go to the humour section....
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Quote: Tao Te Ching 19 : Get rid of sanctity. People will understand the truth and be happier. Get rid of morality. People will respect each other and do what's right. Get rid of value and profit. People will not steal if they do not desire. If that's not possible, go to Plan B : Be simple. Be real. Do your work as best you can. Don't think about what you get for it. Stay focused. Get rid of all your crap. Approach any "doctrine" like this ... One can neither write 'absolute truth' into nor get 'absolute truth' out of a book. Books are static. Circumstances of Life are not. What is fluid and dynamic cannot have a definite 'if ... , then ...' consistency to it. All attempts to do so result in comparisons of oneself to impossible ideals that yield only guilt and shame. Wouldn't it suck if someone went around feeling crappy because s/he couldn't get their head around Teaching N° 10 (for example) ? The Doctrine makes for a good set of guidelines should we give ourselves a pretty wide berth about it. Leave some breathing room, so to speak ... If you want to know what to do in any given set of circumstances : look around, notice what is going on -- and then look inside as to tap into your natural empathy. What is going on inside as a reflection of what is going on 'out there'. And then do what shows up as the right thing to do ... You don't even need to know how to read books to do that. ;)
    • The Death Penalty As Applied (Last post by Br. John)
    • Quote: Quote: Should the race of the victim and the race of the defendant be a determining factor in the DP? Execution information accurate as of November 19, 2014 following an execution in Missouri. Persons Executed for Interracial Murders in the U.S. Since 1976 White Defendant / Black Victim (31) Black Defendant / White Victim (290) [attachment] Out of curiosity, what are the statistics for white defendant/white victim, black defendant/black victim... the graph doesn't show the whole picture. Irrespective of the race of the defendant the odds of being executed are far greater when the victim is white. "[D]eath sentences were imposed on behalf of white victims at 2.5 times the rate one would expect if the system were blind to race, and death sentences were imposed on behalf of white female victims at 5 times the rate one would expect if the system were blind to race and gender." www.houstonlawreview.org/wp-content/uplo...12/11/4-Phillips.pdf And see: www.capitalpunishmentincontext.org/issues/race www.ncadp.org/pages/race-of-the-victim
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 15 x 3 push ups 15 x 3 air squats 15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps And Meditation. 8# day without coffee.
    • A Problem. (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: If I thought clergy were any good at it back when I was on the council, I probably would have joined them, but the fact is my fondest memories of clergy are of them managing to produce a sermon without my assistance, usually because someone else was there to do the kickin' and screamin'. This being said it'd be nice to see knights and above contribute to "doctrinal discussions". Come on man put up or.... Be part of the solution. Do you believe you have valuable contributions or are just back ground noise? :) ;) :P I did my contributing doctrine-wise, now I do my background-noising :P
    • Training to see the Positive (Last post by Arcade)
    • Interesting! Thanks for sharing this, Connor. I go immediately for the happy faces. :) It's rare that I'm not smiling, though I never thought about how that might affect my perceptions. The act of smiling seems to not only attract that same energy, but apparently also helps direct one toward others who extend positive vibes.
    • The Problem will Pass (Last post by Adder)
    • Our bodies are just really complex worm's anyway, everything is built up around a central channel which opens in the mouth and exits down below.... so to 'pass' implies a window or frame of reference of some sort, and for the aspirational 'ego' mind I guess that is the present moment plus zones extending out into the experienced past and expected future. Perhaps for the engaged 'id' mind the window might look different, but I still think it exists in some form - the challenge might be the transfer of information, and nature of alignment, between them!
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by Brenna)
    • Sorry Rickie, I didnt think about the forum thing when I posted that topic, would you like it moved? Im happy to open it up....
    • Edan (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • I can't post on the other thread.... ;) ....I wish you well. You're a good person. :)
    • The Way of Jediism (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: YOINK! And out of appreciation for the text, give me an address in PM and I will send you a nice physical copy. (Thas TK768. I cannot afford, even at my discount, to print one and mail it for anyone who asks) What would be the cost if we wanted to pay for one? The information is out of date, but if you like work could begin on making an updated one. Is it the sort of thing that people are interested in having? I would also be interested in helping to update this.

There are 237 visitors, 6 guests and 24 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, Adder, Darren, Proteus, V-Tog, Rosalyn J, Vusuki, DanteD, Archon, Edan, vlad, babyblueyes247, Calanon, Ecthalion, Revan Falton, GalUnDrux, Mos-An Hobel, Jung Faol, Rocda, Solipsis, Solo1138, Geister.

Follow Us