wikipedia

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:14 #44016

I noticed that the Wikipedia information on Jediism is very scant and insufficient, I think someone should add more information. I still am not able to do it well (my writing is chaotic, my English is my third language only, and I don't trust google translate entirely :), so I ask (only humbly asking the question) if someone will be willing to take over this task in the interest of the community?

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:41 #44017

If people want to know more about us, they can find information on this site. We don't have any affiliation with Wikipedia, I believe.

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 02:51 #44018

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
The article on Jediism at Wikipedia is horrible. In theory anyone can edit it but navigating through all their incredible rules is somewhat more difficult than levitating a car with The Force.

So many people have attempted to make it a good article. For awhile, not too long back, it was getting better.

Now it's almost worse than having no article at all.

I've come to realize that until there are actual published books about Jediism written by real Jedi we going to get nowhere with Wikipedia. Once there are references to point too we'll have a fighting chance.

Go to the article and look at how the page was at various times in the past and you'll see what I mean.
Founder of The Order

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 16:25 #44033

• ren
  • ID: 4418
We need to check the rules on primary sources, as they make more sense than secondary ones on religion articles. (in fact other religion articles use primary sources a lot).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:PSTS#Pri...and_tertiary_sources

Could be good to check with wikiproject religion and NRMs as to what their policies are, if they give a green light, admins shouldn't complain and we would be able to easily revert any edits which dont comply with the policies (and therefore ruin the article).

I'd like to point out that technically, discussing the editing of articles outside wikipedia is against the rules.
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: wikipedia 31 Oct 2011 18:09 #44034

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
We are not "discussing editing", other than to say it needs done....

But you can't tell me other people don't do it... lol...
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Brenna, Llama Su

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re: wikipedia 01 Nov 2011 04:08 #44044

• ren
  • ID: 4418
I don't care about the rule, what I care about is not being caught as it would be highly counterproductive.

Just a reminder that if you add a link to totjo on that wiki page, you should first make sure this thread doesn't appear in the latest posts...
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Robes (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Oh dude you need to talk to me and Ryujin. We've studied a lot of robes and have discovered amazing designs. I think we found a Chinese robe that encompasses the jedi-ness of a jedi. I can't find the photos now though...
    • The 'Naked Rambler' - question on freedoms (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Naked hiking has been in the news here again and again. I'm all for it. I certainly don't find it offensive. Hiking and nudity go together well - just like bathing and nudity. You're in nature in your natural state - makes perfect sense. If people can't bear seeing a naked human being, there's always the option of looking the other way. Probably wouldn't do it myself though. but there are lots of things I wouldn't do but don't mind if other people do them.
    • Never forget (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • A friend of my brother's - took his own life because he suffered from a debilitating skin condition. My maternal grandparents - both died of cancer. It was heartbreaking to see them suffer and pass away. My paternal grandparents whom I never met (they both died before I was born) but still feel a connection with. A work colleague who was an alcoholic and died during surgery. Another colleague who died of a heart attack three years after retiring They'll never be forgotten and will be forever in the Force.
    • Saw a dead baby today... (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Quote: Some 17'000 refugees came in this year - 2/3 of them were moved back to their countries of origin within a few months of seeking asylum. So we maybe took 5000-6000 refugees this year. And our right-wing parties are claiming we're being overrun. They're now demanding that the army be used to lock down the borders. I just fail to see how one can be so completely and utterly devoid of decency and compassion. Are you sure you don't live in the US? :dry: You'd be surprised just how many parallels the current political landscapes of the US and Switzerland have :-/
    • Jedi Funerals (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • I've thought about this a lot lately - as I don't talk about my believes a lot outside my immediate family, I think it would be nice if a priest (or someone else) told the attending people a bit about the belief system of Jediism, a bit about my life and then proceeded to cheer up the attendees with a few jokes :-) What happens afterwards is up to the people organizing the "event" - traditionally, it's off to the nearest restaurant here and celebrating the deceased's life with a good meal and plenty to drink. as for cremation vs. a traditional burial: it's become customary here to cremate the dead. The bodies are basically shipped to a central crematorium and the ashes are returned in a bio-degradable urn (I'm not kidding). I personally think that's the way to do it.
    • Circuitry and Reality (Last post by PowderCat)
    • Quote: Now after that we have a little personal paragraph, so I might as well do one of my own. I'm glad you appreciate my contribution. I wish the feeling was mutual. Maya Angelou — 'At the end of the day people won't remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.' I did mention that this was just something that I've been pondering, right? :P I wasn't aware that I made anyone feel like I was publishing a paper on my abstract musings or that I had somehow come across as having just made the next discovery equivalent to E=Mc^2, but if it makes you feel better to have people admit their ignorance in public, then quite so, I am an ignorant snowcat. Sometimes it's fun to just share thoughts without any specific agenda. Or to sniff out rats. That can be fun, too. :3 It's all perspective, really. :P
    • jedi haiku (Last post by den385)
    • Quote: the force flows strongly reach out with open senses peace will come to you peace. you extinguish the blade. silence of solitude sings on the battlefield of your soul.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by V-Tog)
    • "Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan
    • Encouraging exceptional individuals to check us ou... (Last post by den385)
    • Business cards are interesting theme. Yet, in Russia there ain't much people who are that good in English and metaphors of Franchise are not much infused in our culture. So I'm planning a different way, personal art site which relates to the Way. If it fires up well, than maybe there'll be some point of translating totjo in Russian or whatever. Don't wanna be a missionary of any kind, I'm creating a site just to stop being so verbose on my wall and make something out of my poetry/drawing skills. Will advertise a little in few months, I hope.
    • Clothing: Boots (Last post by RyuJin)
    • so far mine seem to be pretty easy on the feet...i haven't had a chance to really put them through their paces since i recently had a back sprain, and sciatica and now bursitis in my hip....but they do feel good walking around, and even though they come up to the knees they are very flexible...

There are 806 visitors, 8 guests and 36 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Sarus, Shadouness, baru, Jestor, Adder, discordor, Proteus, V-Tog, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Whyte Horse, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, Calanon, focone oceanlast, Slebo, Rocda, Cyan Sarden, den385, Krieger, WayneTec, Plasmawiz, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, 6h057, Mikhael, Katash Weivorki, Spiral, Twelve, Médérig, silentdynamo, Nejaa, yukalaylee.

Follow Us