28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

The only true failure is to not even try

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Knives
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer
Master: Mark Anjuu

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedi Knight in one word (Last post by Brenna)
    • I obviously can’t speak for the others, but in both my apprenticeships, “games” of this kind have been played in order to help teach me. Particularly when I’ve been stuck on a concept or digging in my heels. Which is generally an interesting experience, an one that has a double edge, because most people spend a good deal of their life breaking themselves and their experiences down into single words or sentences that they can then use as a mental loop and get caught up in a process of definition. The idea itself is a good one. Just yesterday I was asked to select three words that invoked the direction of my business as I started work with a new mentor. Wasn’t an easy task, but a valuable one in that it gave me a starting point. But it is just a starting point. While I get what you’re saying, I believe that Akkarin is right. Too often we spend our time with a limited perspective. Our noses right up against the “reality” of ME and I. Part of our focus here IS to shift our vision to the bigger picture. I wondered as I re read this thread if that's why it took the knights longer to settle on a word. Maybe once you're aware of the bigger picture, its harder to go back to a point where you're required to limit your view. But as I said, good exercise. It’s a good teaching tool.
    • New Star Wars comics (Last post by Goken)
    • Is anybody reading the new Star Wars comics from Marvel? I read the first issue of Star Wars and, while I normally think that Jason Aaron is overrated as a writer, I loved it. I feel like he really got the dialogue right. I could hear the actors saying those lines and they fit. It made sense and was really well done. I forget who the artist was (typical, I know) but the art was fantastic, way better than the Dark Horse artist. I'm very excited for more. I'm intrugued by the idea of solo Darth Vader and Leia serieses. I think that Leia is a mini series written by Mark Waid (current writer for Daredevil) which means it could be good. She could be good in a mini but an on going series when she's a main character in the main comic might be too much. Vader is really cool but I'm not sure what they're going to try to do with him as the main character. I'm worried that they'll try to make us too sympathetic towards him at a point in the timeline when we don't yet know his history (the new comics take place between episodes IV and V at the moment).
    • General reading question (Last post by Alan)
    • The Tolkien translation is probably wonderful. I don't know. Those who know better than I have recommended A New Verse Translation by R. M. Liuzza, Broadview Press, 2000. Liuzza is another Oxford scholar. I used the most excellent Introduction as the basis for a World Mythology lesson plan...then we watched The 13th Warrior. I'm looking forward to doing it again this semester.
    • Is it possible to change so that you don't recogni... (Last post by Goken)
    • It's entirely possible, in fact, I think its a good thing. If my child self saw me and could tell instantly that I was him grown up then my life didn't branch out much. (unless I was much smarter than I think I was and could figure it out. LOL) My fiance and I frequently talk about how much we've changed in the time that we've been together. How much we've grown as a couple and as individuals. Then we look at how much we've changed since we met (seven years prior to our first date). We both know that there is no way we would have worked out back then because of who we were. (I was rude, she was weird). Even something as simple as clothes. If you had told me two years ago that I would wear a tie five days a week, and enjoy it, I'd have laughed my head off. Now I feel weird on casual days at work when I don't have to wear a tie. Some times I do anyway. Change is growth, stagnation is death. I hope that I constantly surprise my past self and become different than I expect.
    • Do you have a loved one that has a mental illness?... (Last post by Goken)
    • My fiance has been diagnosed with anxiety issues (I'm sure there's a better word) and ADHD. The toughest part for me is that growing up my father taught me (not explicitly mind you, just through actions) that both of those things are simply weakness. That people with anxiety just don't have the strength to deal with their problems and ADHD is an excuse for bad parenting. This causes a lot of tension between my fiance and myself when she has anxiety attacks because, as much as I know in my head that it's a real problem that she can't just make go away, there's still that part of me that just doesn't understand what's going on and still sees it as a weakness that should have been trained out of her long ago. My reaction to people I meet with depression is somewhat similar. Please note that I do know that that view point is wrong and I am currently doing everything I can to train myself out of that feeling. What I've learned from dealing with this is that the best thing that you can do is be there. Sometimes they don't want you to be, some of those times you should leave and some of those times you should stay, the hard part is figuring out which is which. That's different for everyone. You have to find triggers, both good and bad. Then you can avoid the bad triggers and try to set off the good ones. Example, my fiance absolutely hates seeing dirty dishes, even if I'm abviously still eating the dinner that was made in those dishes. She's also convinced that shes the only one that ever does the dishes even though that's not true. If I know that she's had a bad day at work the first thing I do when I get home is do the dishes. Also, if we've been at home all day on a weekend she freaks out, so I make sure that every time we have a full day off we get out of the house, even if it's just for a walk. (I think that she's mildly claustrophobic and being enclosed for too long freaks her out). One of the hardest aspects of this is that your efforts will not be recognized every time, but you have to remember that you do it for them and not for yourself. Seeing them feel better should be it's own reward. I also hole heartedly agree with Burn Pheonix. Be sure to take time for yourself. Good luck.
    • Video Games Promoting Nationalism and War? (Last post by Goken)
    • When I used to work for Best Buy parents used to ask me about violent video games all the time. I would always steer them towards the more unrealistic ones that involved aliens and lazer guns because it created a clear cut line between the game and reality. Parents seem to like that answer, the people who make Call of Duty do not. :laugh: Personally I find that I have a hard time playing a game when I don't agree with the motives of the character I'm playing. When I was young I didn't have this problem as much, but even when I played Grand Theft Auto all I did was start wars with the other gangs and protect my turf and the people in it. I was more of a vigilante than a gangster. In games where I'm given the choice between "good" decisions and "evil" decisions I usually do one play through as good and then try to be bad the next and it never works for me. I seem to have difficulty escaping who I am. One of my all time favorite games is Total War: Shogun 2. I will play that game for 12 hours at a time if nothing inturrupts me or shows me a clock. But even in that game I have trouble starting a war with another faction if they haven't first wronged me in some way. I sometimes lose because I haven't gained enough territories. Believe it or not I had a point when I started this post. :laugh: I guess I'm just saying that I understand not wanting to be the bad guy even in a fictional world and not enjoying playing a game that seems to focus on sensless violence just for the sake of violence. Give me an epic quest to save the world and some obvious bad guys that I don't have to feel too bad for killing though and it's game time!
    • LucasArts games on GOG (Last post by Arcade)
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and Star Wars: Starfighter were added today.
    • Jedi Sentinel Findings (Last post by Daniel L.)
    • "As heaven and earth are my witness(as I stand before the creator and man kind on earth), I will strive for knowledge and wisdom with the five senses and beyond the five senses. I will strive for love of all man kind and there will be no needless shedding of blood. I bow not in submission but in respect to you and I extend the hand of respect and friendship to you and I look towards the creator for divine guidance. I am trained to be a warrior with wisdom if my peace and friendship is rejected. I stand in symbolism for I serve only for the creator, my tribe, and my family and I owe no allegiance to any foreign king. With my hands and heart I cherish the knowledge my instructor has given me for it is my life in combat. I am prepared to go against you even if your skill is greater than mine and if my body falls to you in combat you have defeated only my physical body for my fighting spirit and soul rise to the heavens for they are unconquerable " -SiFu Dwight Woods
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Proteus)
    • she shines in a world full of ugliness she matters when everything is meaningless fragile she doesn't see her beauty she tries to get away sometimes it's just that nothing seems worth saving I can't watch her slip away I won't let you fall apart she reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by hoping someone can see if I could fix myseld I'd - but it's too late for me I wont let you fall apart we'll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide I'll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side ...but they keep waiting ...and picking... it's something I have to do I was there, too before everyhting else I was like you - NIN (The Fragile)
    • Native American Jedi... tribes, skills, get to kno... (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Hahahhaha RyuJin and I have the same name! :woohoo: Wescli Wardest Running-Wolf Black Foot, Sioux Irish American Hunting, tracking, leather working, drum and flute making, beading, knapping, cord making, bowyer fletcher (as it is called in Europe), horsemanship… and a myriad of other things. Basically, I love the outdoors. And I am very fond of heritage and native skills and crafts from most every peoples.
    • What's the difference between hunting and buying m... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • its serendipitious to me that you mention human/virus c connection i have a theory id love to share iv been saying this theory for a while and no ines been able to counter it to satisfaction my theory is not that we ARE a virus but thst we are INFECTED by a virus virus may not be an exactly appropriate word but its definitely accurate for purposes of explanation its not a symbiote which binds us to the force its a virus which seperates us from it ?
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kohadre)
    • Quote: OK, so I know this is generational and you young ones will give me some sort of excuse like..." But that's the way our generation does it", but.... I DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING! WHO THE F*&%%$$ DEITY DIED AND LEFT YOU AS*)&%%LES IN CHARGE? WE ALL CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING, AND THAT'S THE WAY WE ALL LEAVE THIS WORLD! IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED, RESPECT OTHERS FIRST! THIS ENTITLEMENT GENERATION ARE NOTHING BUT FOOLS, ARROGANT, IGNORANT, AND LACKING ANY SKILLS TO SEE THE WORLD IN FRONT OF THEM! DON'T BE ONE OF THEM! Like retirement? My generation seems to understand the "we're fucked over scale" pretty well, it seems the previous ones still think they deserve something (even if they paid into it)
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I am grateful that people understand my crazieness... Here's to all the crazy ones :) Thank you

There are 252 visitors, 8 guests and 37 members online (one in chat): Juturna, Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Jestor, 666, Connor L., Darren, Desolous, Gisteron, Burn_Phoenix, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, Alan, J. K. Barger, Alastor, Brenna, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Kohadre, ybarrajr, Edan, Silvermane, Zenchi, peace, Jamie Stick, Blue Star, Goken, Ryno, den385, RaB, Fenton, FTPC, Loudzoo, obi-wan_k, Star111176, Ramadeus.

Follow Us