28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Knives
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer
Master: Mark Anjuu

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: ~I do not know what plan failed, but I do not continue with representing this idea if there is no good road. We must shape it from multiple sides so we can act from multiple sides if things go different than expected. How many attempts at unification have there been since your arrival at the temple three weeks ago? Have you taken the time to look back in forum archives to reach back beyond the time you've been here? While Brenna may be emphasizing a slightly different point, mine is that you need to truly become a member of the community before attempting to unify all of them. I applaud your initiative, and no one will argue that some degree of unification is a bad thing. You should focus that initiative toward your path - and if your intended or unintended path is to unify the communities, take the time to really get to know them first. Temple of the Jedi Order is more than an initiate's program, rank structure, and organizational setup. It's a community with all the dynamics of a complex network of people and ideas - people who raise an eyebrow when someone new arrives and decides for the umpteenth time that NOW is the time for the grand Jedi Unification. You need to set the conditions first, and step number one is knowing the environment you are attempting to become a part of and work among. Scratch that, environments - plural. TotJO is but one of many, albeit one of the larger and more active in the greater online community. Part of being a leader in ANY organization is committing yourself to the greater good of that entity. Get to know it, first, prior to deciding what 'good' actually means. Go through the Initiate's Program, apprentice to a training Master, and focus on being the person the community needs. Respect the community enough to observe its traditions and rituals. If and when the time comes, you will be that much more prepared to BE the leader we need. Unless this isn't about the Temple or the greater Jedi community. People will recognize that even before you do. I like your energy, and am very happy and excited to see the enthusiasm from our newer members. I know we need more of it. I wish you all the best in your endeavors. First I want to thank you for asking and telling me what your opinion is. The point is that I could search in the archives. But I did not do it. I do not know why, guess that it is a very good question! :cheer: I agree with you to become a full member before doing any ''real work''.. You could not know it, but I have talked with Jestor about this earlier. My goal is not to do it before I get permission, if I wanted to start, than I had already established contacts. I do not do anything before I get permission, and I know that I can not ask permission myself before being knight. The third point I want to tell is that I am not a leader at all. If I must be a leader people should ask me. Nobody ask me to be a leader, so I am not a leader. I shall never ask to be and I must admit that I do feel interested, but I will not do it without a real reason. There are plenty of other people that will do the job better than me, and have a better tongue than me. To get to the point, if you see me as a potential leader, I should feel honoured, but it is not my purpose of this thread. I started this thread to represent some of the ideas of Ckotts thread, and to ask Jedi what they feel for it. I started this thread after request of Akkarin and Doomeniek. The main purpose of the thread is to find out what the community thinks of it, and to form basic ideas to form (if it continues) a plan. I only am the ''translator'' of this idea as long as people want it. ~Aqua About the words ''good road'' I should have told that with different words, guessing that I should have said ''if there is no stable foundation for the idea.'' But to answer your question.. Varies by opinion..
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Targeran Arynal)
    • I'm picking up that you've spent some good thought time on this subject, Alan, and I'd very much like to hear a little more about what you think. Justice is an ideal that I have never put too much thought into; partly because it is one of those very personal topics people can get very heated about, and partly because I am afraid that I might find there really is no justice in the world. My Pop is an attorney and enjoys his work and is very well respected in our community. When I left for college he said, 'Son, I am so proud of you, and I love you. And I'm going to support you if you want to go get an education. But you cannot go to law school.' It was the one thing he ever wanted to forbid me and my sister from doing. He said it was because the practice of law has changed so much in the last 50 years, and he also knew that I didn't really have the disposition for it. But he also said to me once, 'If there was any justice in the world, son, then innocent men would not be locked up in prison.' It really made an impression on me. Is justice the same thing as fairness?
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Doomeniek Bows Thank you for your kind words. I have plenty of calming and helpful tasks to keep a fine balance. I have work very hard at it sometimes but as you say sometimes the smallest of things can bring a smile to a face. One only has to look. A reflection is a dew drop, the buzz of a bee etc. These are all gifts which a free to use :) It is the calming and clearing of the mind that can be an effort :) . I was looking at a short clip which was very good called 'What about me'
    • Jedi and Padawan in the fictional Star Wars univer... (Last post by Goken)
    • I'd probably pick Obi-Wan. I like his saber style and his personality. You can see his loyalty to his friends while he remains detatched. He was patient and smart, avoided confrontation whenever possible but was no push-over. I almost have to force myself through an episode of the Clone Wars if he's not in it.
    • Jedi Prayers / Psalms / Invocations (Last post by Phortis Nespin)
    • I as the Force (a mantra) I breath in the Force; I breath out the Force I move with the Force; I am motionless with the Force I think with the Force; I am empty with the Force I am Kind with the Force; I am Compassionate with the Force I defend with the Force; I heal with the Force I Serve with the Force; I Love with the Force It is the Light in the Darkness; It is the Darkness in the Light It is All Things; It is Nothing It is Life; It is Lifelessness The Force as I; I as the Force
    • MTG prerelease tonight!!! (Last post by rugadd)
    • I used to be a judge for that. Got $85 store credit for the last few boxes just last week. I just can not afford it anymore. Crack the Gathering for sure.
    • "The Way of the Knight of Jedi Realism" ... (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: That's one of the things I enjoy about you most, Hannigan. I never feel like I have to worry about how your self esteem is doing. When am I going to be a guest on your show? Well i am taking this sunday off from "Jedi Realist Radio Presents" and i will start my new Series next sunday where i will be talking about concepts from Living the Martial Way book. I will give you a outline of dates times and subjects and you are welcome to jump on any show you like. This goes for anyone if you want to call in I would love to have you.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • “The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud --- the obstacles of life and its suffering. ... The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. ... Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ” ― Goldie Hawn
    • Today is a good day (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Hey all, having a lunch break on the balcony of my ward, Today is a good day! The sun is out and feeling happy, thought id share it! [attachment] [attachment] Enjoy!

There are 267 visitors, 8 guests and 27 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Shadouness, Jestor, Adhara, Desolous, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Alan, MCSH, Talariq, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, wesleycook74, Silvermane, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Aqua, Revan Falton, Doomeniek, Yodi, Jeffery Williams, Taylorjade, Quae-Do Lumen, mfred3593.

Follow Us