28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Adder, Desolous

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna, Llama Su

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

The only true failure is to not even try

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Aetius
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer
Master: Mark Anjuu

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Another drug discussion (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i got the impression that he was using an easy to understand and agree on example as a way to overview the topic of dopamine ect, more than that he was presenting himself as an expert in addiction per se and from that context I would say that his assertion was not at all inaccurate, just incomplete there are a lot of I guess "psycho-social" reasons for drug use and drug addiction which exist beyond the purely neurological mechanics of ingestion, but the presentation, as I understood it, was not centered on addiction anyway if youd like to discuss some of the more psychological factors of drug addiction I think that could be a very interesting conversation, and one I haven't seen here yet the last drug threads were more "is it ok for a jedi to use drugs" than "why do people use drugs to begin with" and that distinction is the more important topic of the two imo
    • Exponential growth of the number of laws since 250... (Last post by Bearded Hawk)
    • Hello every one ! A few days ago I wrote my feelings on the Wall several times (one time each 5 minutes for 7 or 8 times may be, kind of spamming :P ), as the placeholder="Say what is on your mind..." suggested it to me ;) . (I didn't understood the non-Facebook like function of this box :dry: . May be it could be changed to placeholder="Say what is on your mind to the Jedi Community on the common Wall...", which could be more clear for the newbies like me...) My thinking was about the laws, and the useless of their exponential growth from the beginning of writing ! An archetypal beginning of the written laws in Occident is the famous "10 laws of Moses" : [attachment] Nowadays, the shelving of one of the numerous specialized libraries full of modern jurisprudence looks like this : [attachment] From 10 to tons ! :S A kind of exponential growth... [attachment] For what ? Today, is there more (in the register of quantity :P ) or better justice than before ? I was thinking it's just the opposit ! :( More laws = less thinking, less responsibility, less liberty, less empowerment of the people, and may be less justice... Brief, less Humanity ! Droïds need functionnal laws. But we are not machines, even if sometimes we can act and think in the way of it. I thaught the better for Humanity could be : "No law at all", as exp(0)=0 !!! :woohoo: What about you ? Bearded Hawk
    • Religious Trauma Syndrome (Last post by Akkarin)
    • www.alternet.org/belief/religious-trauma...ealth-problems?sc=fb Maybe it isn't a "real" thing, but if it is then this is its outline: Spoiler: Reminds me of this film about a girl's experience with an abusive cult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERREgOobLOs
    • School of Life Short lessons (Last post by Vusuki)
    • This came out today. The Meaning of Life in 60 seconds. How much is true? Up to you, :) Hope it gives pause for thought. Enjoy.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Luthien)
    • Close-stance Deep Squat: 8 x 10, 10, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1, 1 Deadlift: 8 x 10, 10, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1, 1 [Triset] { - Glute-Ham Raise: 3 x 12 - Lunge: 3 x 12 - Crunch: 3 x 20} Bent-over Row: 3 x 12 Pull-up: 3 x AMAP
    • TOTJO's First Ever Fund Raiser Auction (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: it all depends what you pay for. royal mail doesnt offer end to end international tracking with signature as far as I know... But you can ship 500g from the UK to switzerland and switzerland to the uk for about 10 dolllars.You can also pay 100, and have next day delivery, tracking, signed for, etc. Shipping is usually quite expensive because sellers want tracking and signatures. There is 'International tracked and signed for' by Royal Mail as I used it when I sent a package to my FIL in the Philippines, that said I don't remember it being cheap :/ Indeed I just looked at it, they do offer it for some destinations... I still prefer couriers though, mostly because they handle customs without slapping exorbitant fees on top of the tariffs and VAT.
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Vusuki)
    • This is beautiful. I'm taking a quick break and this is something I love listening to. Funnily the last time I posted in this thread it was from the same soundtrack, :p Enjoy.
    • Today I.... (Last post by Senan)
    • Today I watched my 4 year old niece while my brother and his wife went out for a much needed break. It ended up becoming another impromptu "guitar lesson" (see my profile pic). Every guitar I own is now completely out of tune, but it was totally worth it. :)
    • Logic Puzzles (Last post by Akkarin)
    • So I found a new game to play on my phone which isn't Sudoku :P This one is called Hidato. Fill in the blank spaces with the numbers between the two highlighted ones, no numbers can repeat, all consecutive numbers must be put next to each other. So in the first example you need to fill in the numbers between 1 and 19 and numbers such as 8, 9,10 must connect 7 to 11 in order of sequence on the board. Easy: Spoiler: [image] Medium: Spoiler: [image] Challenging: Spoiler: [image] Tricky Spoiler: [image]
    • What do you do when you're bored at work? (Last post by Adhara)
    • This was something I had to learn very quickly when I started studying and working. I guess most time I spent reading e-books on my phone or computer and playing sudoku.
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Hail Thyself by Corvis Nocturnum [attachment] Don't let the cover fool you, it is actually a very positive book on applied psychology...

There are 743 visitors, 19 guests and 51 members online (6  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Firewolf, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Kitsu Tails, Connor L., Brian, Adhara, LTK, Darren, discordor, Proteus, Luthien, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, J. K. Barger, Kamizu, Cyrith, Edan, Senan, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Rocda, den385, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, TheDude, Krieger, Xhaiden, Protonix, ashleekatet, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Neorian, Blind, kaay, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, SemicolonC, Zechariah Lionel, Athena_Undomiel, TheUndreamer, Noct Pool, Spenserhawk, Otsoa, saunders.breanna@yahoo.com, Bearded Hawk, Thence Novadust, Lemm-Xen, Harbardhr, MagQuann.

Follow Us