28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!!

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 21:33 #30795

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 20 May 2010 22:14 #30797

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Sarus wrote:
Well I am finally back! Got my internet hooked up, woot!

Great, nice to see you back!!.....
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth

"Together, the teacher, and the taught, make the lesson." -- Eckart Tolle

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 21 May 2010 18:33 #30818

Glad you are back!

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 15:40 #30871

• Knives
  • Novice
  • ID: 433
I am a member of the Pure Land Rite. :)

Re:28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 May 2010 21:58 #30873

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Welcome welcome to all! Thanks for showin up ;)

Another post incoming, on the Pure Land Rite. be there in a sec.
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 12 Jan 2012 18:19 #47600

Hello to all. Of the best known religions Buddhism is the one I identify with most but I have never felt completely at one with all aspects of it and it's various schools of thought. After only a few days as a member of TOTJO and having only dipped my toe in the initiates program I already know I have finally found the right path for me. I would like to declare myself a member of the Pure Land Rite and look forward to learning more from this community.

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 11:02 #48328

• Leena
  • Apprentice
  • ID: 1965
After much reflection, I am a member of the Pure Land Rite, AKA Jediism Special Interest Group. Smile.
Leena
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ” Eric Hoffer
Master: Mark Anjuu

Re: 28 April 2010 Pure Land Roll call!!! 23 Jan 2012 20:05 #48350

You can add my name to the Pure Land rolls as well.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • To be "an instrument of peace" (Last post by Locksley)
    • Quote: So, how to react, when there is no "legal ways" to do anything, and violent reactions will not bring peace? What you are already doing is a great step, that is, defending people in a non-violent capacity. Treating wounds, fending off attacks; being the voice of reason in the heat of the situation - these are not always as satisfying as crushing the throat of some smug git in a uniform, but they'll probably lead to a better situation all around. If you really would like to begin working on a larger scale I would suggest 'workshops' designed with the intent of aiding protesters in tense situations. Teach them non-violent tactics to achieve their goals, and most importantly - help them learn how to control, their emotions and responses in the face of aggression. As someone with that ability, and training to back it up, you are in a unique position to help in such a way. As others here have said - remain centered in yourself, and only take action through that. Not as simple as it sounds, but very important if you want real progress. I would say that illegal responses are warranted only in such situations where there is no other option. Don't give them fuel for their fires, you understand? In a situation where your choice is to step in and defend someone being attacked violently - step in - if you can do so with some certainty that it will do good. That's something that is more difficult to judge. I don't think that violent responses will solve much in the long-run though - that always leads back to the same place. But perhaps a large enough, peaceful movement will stand some chance of effecting lasting change. I tell you though, in my opinion any police officer who uses force like that (and especially who does so gleefully), should be strung up by his gonads and left in the sun until crisp.
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by Adhara)
    • A few days ago I saw a quote by Albert Schweitzer: “Example is not the main thing in [teaching] others. It is the only thing.” substituted influencing for teaching Thanks you :)
    • Best martial art? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • The more arts you study, the more options you have... I'm skilled in several grappling styles, several striking/kicking styles, several weapons styles, and a few styles that would be considered "excessively violent"....for those nasty situations...what ever it takes to come out on top...I prefer the immobilizing techniques, but can/will use harsher techniques if I feel it necessary...
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: @Zeph This trailer for season two of Legend of Korra had some of my favorite music from the whole series: [video] And the end credits!: [video] Can't get enough of the urhu. :) I also love it *--* Avatar state, yip yip!!
    • There is no Death (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: Quote: "(...)all the paths are empty (nothingness), do not born, do not end (...)", as the Heart Sutra says.. True (to a point), it's what we do with it that matters. Jediism as a path is essentially nothing until it is molded and wielded into a workable philosophy that instills it's followers with the awareness that they each possess the power to better their lives and the world around them... Exactly the point! All the phenomenons are "empty of inherent meaning". When we say "all," that means everything, including the the path. We see a phenomenon as something with characteristics, and as an object that is conceived by a subject. To hold that an object is something external is ignorance, and it is this that prevents us from seeing the truth of that object. The truth of a phenomenon is emptiness, which implies that the phenomenon does not possess a truly existent essence or nature: we (our minds) construct and give meaning to the phenomenon...
    • Jedi Sentinel Findings (Last post by Daniel L.)
    • I'm having a difficult time with this. Every month there is a new Missing Teen Age Girl poster at bus stop cross walks and store door way. I'm not sure if its just a Tucson thing but it's starting to get to me. Never have I felt so useless. May the Force Be With those that are lost missing or in a dark place. How I wish I could be your light.
    • Local Orginizations (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • If you are in:Memphis, Somewhere close to Murray, KY, Chicago, or in Arizona, there are offline chapters established. They are not necessarily ToTJO affiliated, but they each have great Jedi running them, and it will help drive home the ideas and concepts you learn here. You can even bring some of your knowledge from here to these groups and help them grow. ToTJO also has a map around here that can help you connect with others in your area if there happens to be someone near you ;)
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Proteus)
    • What makes fear or lack of fear unnatural? Who is to say what is "not part of nature"? Is fear not a symptom of ignorance? And yet, death to this day is the biggest mystery in this world of "hard facts"... There were civilizations and eras where many people were rarely afraid of death, but instead, looked quite forward to it, due to setting aside some lack of facts for decided beliefs. That may sound dumb in common contexts, yet that empowering belief gave them incredible power over the life they did have, giving it a great meaning. The difference between the common person of today's society and one of them, is that they spent their life learning - not hard facts about the tangible world so much, but about matters of the spirit which taught them to be less attached to their physical bodies, and not so concerned with losing it in death - which is the common issue for us: attachment to the tangible experience of life, and not knowing (tangibly) what lies beyond it. "There is no death, there is the Force", is an affirmation, that the physical, tangible realm that we experience in this life is very likely but a grain of sand on a beach of further experiences beyond it.

There are 266 visitors, 10 guests and 32 members online (none are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jon, Shadouness, Gaia Chi, Jestor, 666, Brian, Proteus, Luthien, Locksley, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Tripp Borz, Alan, MCSH, Tat2dtrouble, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, elizabeth, Kohadra, tutenkita, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, Jorge, Trice Corbel, kevinabdiel, blindbat84, Xan Montagu, Zeph, Mathew Erickson, MrGrae, oscar.nilzen.

Follow Us