Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Adhara
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Master
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Forum Access Changes (Last post by Khaos)
    • I think it also illustrates that this communication should happen before something drastic happens. As the first several pages were not condusive because of it. Like, a warning of implementation or some such.
    • No offense, but... (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: So, for an individual, a general rule of not taking offense and consciously avoiding giving offense is the best course? Might one find this spiritually repressive? If subjected to it constantly, possibly. Quote: Does challenging others views emotionally, in the same way they seem to communicate on that issue, make your own position easier to understand? It could. But I would enter into this conversation carefully and explain before hand that there is no offense intended. That you just wish to understand. I just want to say that I hope no one reads these as me blaming one party over the other. Offense takes two people, so both hold partial blame. We just need to be aware of the position of the other party and why the were offensive/offended.
    • Access Forum Changes (Refined) (Last post by ren)
    • I gather no-one noticed that the chambers section is not accessible to members, and so there's no way to browse to the new members forum from the forum index.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by rugadd)
    • Work out plus class Sat and Sunday. Tree work Sunday(climbing with weights. Full body). Today is Monday. Today I rest.
    • NUS Won't Condemn ISIS Because of "Islamophob... (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • Quote: I've put this is the humour section, because I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry :P :unsure: tab.co.uk/2014/10/14/nus-refuses-to-cond...se-its-islamophobic/ Sadly the NUS (National Union of Students) is a complete and utter shambles I am ashamed to have "representing" me. Wow, I can not believe what I just read. And as an American, and a former soldier in the US Military, our "attacks" are laughable at best. In my personal opinion its just used for political approval to make it look like to the voters that our Administration is doing something about the situation.
    • Exploring and Understanding Acceptance (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Acceptance means nothing on its own. It can only be applied when there is a reference point. So, I can only speak to it in a context. Lets talk about a context, then. I just recently found out I might be gay. After another failed relationship, I keep finding myself coming back to the same conclusion: maybe I like men, not women. And, I can't just jump on the bandwagon, I have to look at the evidence. 1. Ok, Dr. Wilson on House is really cute... OMG. I guess that's all one needs really. It's abrupt, but I can picture that in many different scenarios. I can see my attraction towards men in many of my male friends I find attractive. But, there is a problem: Why would I spend so much time denying something that is so clear? Easy! Because I've been taught to be straight. I've been taught to have a wife, two kids, a nice house. This is what I was taught to want. But, for as long as I can remember, I have had internal conflict about it. I have always felt "something" wrong about being in a relationship with a woman. And, I've had 3 serious relationships (I'm only 21, that's pretty good for my age!). Why, oh WHY would it take so long to accept this? ALL of my friends would tell me they think I'm gay, and I ignore them. My last girlfriend told me repeatedly that she thought I liked men, but I denied it. Even my mother has been asking me since I was 13-14 if I was gay. I have been assaulted by repeated evidence of my homosexuality, but because it was uncomfortable... Sometimes, I think we refuse the truth because it isn't as neat and tidy as we'd like it to be. Homosexuality comes with a lot of problems (then again, so does being Straight, yeah?) that are unique to the situation. There are stigmas, there are legal problems, there are ___. It's neverending. Some of my family might hate me. Thankfully, my parents are supportive if I decide to tell them. But, then again, for as long as I can remember, ever since I started becoming sexual, my life has become more bland.. More gray. Less interesting and more formulaic. It became easy to become a shell sexually and just move through the motions. Find a woman, let her hurt me and soothe me... and that's it. But, my long-term girlfriends eventually saw through the ruse. They accused me of not loving them, no matter how much I thought I was... I was so un-selfaware that I didn't know what was happening. Acceptance is tough because denying it is safe, sometimes. You can try the whole ignorance is bliss thing... but, all you're doing is dying while you're alive, as Mark Twain would say.
    • You do what you are (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: In my opinion he is referring to the characteristics of one self. For example: a compassionate person that turns malevolent, or an honest person suddenly acts as a liar, then they are betraying what they truly are, which is sad. I do think that we do what we are, in the sense I said before. I guess I had originally thought the quote to be about proffession, but I like this more. It makes me feel a bit better to think of 'do' as how you behave and act rather than your job. I'd hope people think of me as more than a banker. lol
    • Krishnamurti: “It is no measure of health to be we... (Last post by Kohadre)
    • www.wildmind.org/blogs/quote-of-the-mont...ti-measure-of-health I once had a disturbed young man come to a meditation class I was teaching in Edinburgh. As we’d gathered and during the meditation instruction I’d noticed that he was unusually intense and that he had noticeably poor personal hygiene, but in most ways he seemed like a fairly typical young man. In the discussion following, however, his conversation started to veer off into more bizarre areas. He’d had “cosmic” experiences during the meditation session — experiences whose details I no longer recall but which sounded very off-balance. His girlfriend was apparently an Iranian princess. He was being shadowed by various security forces. Later still, as we were winding up and preparing to leave, and he was able to talk to me more or less alone, his conversation became more delusional still. He had developed special powers through his spiritual practice and could make things happen in the world around him. As we talked a housefly smacked noisily into the glass door we were standing beside. “See!” he said, excitedly. “I made that happen.” He was obviously ill and suffering, and I experienced that pang of knowing that there was little or nothing I could do to help. I’m no mental health professional, but his behaviors reminded me of what little I knew about schizophrenia and so I suggested as kindly as I could that he might be misinterpreting his experiences and that he might want to talk to a doctor about what was going on. He was clearly having problems with his mental health, but here’s the thing: according to the Buddha, so were the rest of us. “All worldlings are mad,” he said. “Worldling” is a translation of “putthujana,” which is simply anyone who isn’t enlightened. That’s me, and you. The Buddha had his own ideas about what constitutes mental health, and by his definition anyone who isn’t well on the way to Enlightenment is insane. Quite how literally he meant it when he said “All worldlings are mad” is hard to say, but when he looked at ordinary people like us going about their daily business he saw a world out of balance — and a world that by necessity is out of balance, because it is composed of those same off-kilter individuals. He had a term for this imbalance, which was viparyasa in Sanskrit, although the less-well-known Pali equivalent vipallasa is a bit easier on the tongue and the eye. Vipallasa means “inversion,” “perversion,” or “derangement.” Specifically, in using this term the Buddha was talking about the ways in which we misunderstand the world we live in, and the ways in which we misunderstand ourselves. Just at the young man at my meditation class was constantly misinterpreting what was happening (“See! I made that happen”) so too do the rest of us live in a virtual reality of delusion, confusion, and distortion. What’s more, we largely share the same delusions, which means that we don’t even realize that our minds are disturbed. And thus, as Krishnamurti suggests, it’s possible to think that we’re spiritually and mentally healthy because we share our mistaken values and understandings with those around us. Collectively, our ill minds create a society that is itself ill, and we consider ourselves healthy because we see our values reflected in our fellow worldlings. When I think of the vipallasas in modern life I’m overwhelmed by examples, but the one that springs most to mind is to materialism. We keep thinking that the answer to our sense of existential dissatisfaction is to buy more stuff: more stuff, and better stuff. I guess I notice this most with gadgets, but for other people it’s houses, furniture, shoes, clothes, or cars — none of which I care about at all. I get a new gadget — the shiny MacBook Pro I’m writing this article on, for example — and I feel a sense of pleasure just looking at it. It’s better, faster, prettier than any computer I’ve had before. But then what happens over time? Newer, better, faster, prettier computers come on the market, and I start comparing my machine unfavorably with them. My gadget starts to look a bit old-fashioned (after only six months!), less cool, less capable. It feels less fast. And I’m no longer so happy with it. I now start to hanker after something new. And I’ve been through all this craziness before. (Don’t they say that insanity is doing the same time over and over and expecting a different result?) Even knowing that I’m on a materialistic treadmill doesn’t entirely blunt the craving for a new computer, although to give myself credit I live without a television and rarely make impulse purchases. But on some level I really believe that the answer to the discomfort of my cravings will arrive in a box carried by a UPS truck. I work with these cravings in my meditation and in my daily life, because the Buddha suggested that there was a better answer to the problem of craving. His advice was that we need to look deeply at our craving itself, and to realize the many levels of delusion that come packaged with it. The new gadget (or pair of shoes, or that lovely sweater, or sexy car) doesn’t contain a magical ingredient that will make us happy. The object of our craving is impermanent and therefore incapable of giving lasting satisfaction. Our craving itself is impermanent! We can watch cravings arise and pass. As we watch them come and go, choosing not to act on them, they begin to develop an unreal appearance. As we start increasingly to see through them we no longer take them so seriously, and they become weaker and less frequent. And in the end we come to see what the Buddha himself saw, which is that the answer to the problem of our cravings is not acquiring the object of our cravings but letting go of craving itself. It’s through abandoning craving that we will finally find peace, that we’ll come back to our senses, stop seeing things in a distorted way, and find true health and wellbeing. And having done that, to whatever degree, we can look around at the imbalance that surrounds us — really seeing it — and then compassionately reach out to others so that we can help them bring about their own healing.
    • How to Drop Out by Ran Prieur ~ Awesome Must Read ... (Last post by Adder)
    • That is pretty intense. Can women do that as easily and live without any real security? I met a guy once who walked everywhere and only had $20, which he promptly gave to me and my buddy (his cousin) for no reason :huh: He was of sound mind, said hello, had a chat and then left to go (walk/hitch) back where he came from (a few hundred miles away). He just wanted to let his family know he was ok, and we were the ones he happened to run into to receive the message. I view contemporary asceticism in a modern context not too dissimilar to that, but not quite to that extent of disengagement - in that efficiency of resource use is key and wealth being detached entirely from ones ego.... but I wonder about security. Perhaps that makes me an idiot! Most of my effort in acquiring wealth is directed at achieving some nature of wealth sufficient to support myself when I'm unable to work, and we determine resource use as measured for its safety and reliability to some important function in meeting those minimum requirements. It's also the best way to save money too!!!
    • "Us vs Them": A Simple Recipe to Prevent... (Last post by Brenna)
    • Them vs us. Absolutely. And Im with Ren on this one. Pops up in our community far more than it should. but also, Blind trust and not educating yourself. If my doctor suggests something, I look into it myself first no matter what.
    • NASA's Journey to Mars (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • Quote: Although I wouldn't get on that ship ... For as admirable as the name might be ( ;) ) the Orion propulsion system is a pretty dangerous bit of risk. There are better ways. From my understanding this is a test flight. I believe it is testing how new equipment and such. I could be wrong though.

There are 196 visitors, 7 guests and 40 members online (7  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, jedi_roz, 666, ren, Kitsu Tails, Joe, roy1593, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Desolous, Gisteron, Proteus, Luthien, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, The Oncoming Storm, MCSH, Khaos, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, benedictveritas, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Chadius4, Goken, Revan Falton, Puerh, nickquill7, Garm-Len.

Follow Us