Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy & Theology

Ordained Roman Catholic Deacon

Certificate of Social Sciences

Examined in Mahayana Tibetan Buddhism - The joyful path of good fortune- Gesche Kelsang Gyatso

Grand Master of Jediism (Certificate) - Master Twsoundsoff

Ordained Bishop of Jediism (Certificate) - Cardinal Twsoundsoff

Doctor of Divinity (Certificate) - TOTJO

Ex member of Council & board of directors

Master of Sithism
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Live Service - Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 18:00 UT... (Last post by Darren)
    • Howdy. :whistle: I'll be giving a Live Sermon in Chat this coming Wednesday, the 1st of April, at 18:00 UTC, to prey on anyone who shows up with corny Fools' Day jokes kick off the reflection of April, Cowardice, yet Courage. I hope to see you there. :)
    • No inner monologue (Last post by Alan)
    • When a younger man, I decided that there were things in the world that I didn't want to know the names of. Bird and tree names I knew already, but decided that flowers, bushes and insects would always remain simply a flower, bush or bug. Eventually, I learned some flower names, especially now as I plant them each Spring. Turning off the inner dialogue/monologue happens in meditation, but what about walking about in life? Mindfulness is another name for that being in the world without the constant narration. For me the most recent narrative culprit was Facebook , I was always thinking about how I might post this experience or that update, so I cut back on that. I left the practice of psychotherapy because I found my inner dialogue was analytical and diagnostic. I was losing persons and seeing only disorders and pathology. Anything can hijack your worldview - always seeing the world as a photographic subject as through a camera lens or seeing other persons only as possible sex partners. A practice I engage in occasionally is to think differently in a given situation. For example, when walking around outside I might look at light, color, contrast, shadow, and movement without scientific explanations or theories regarding causality. No dialogue, just letting the world appear as it is.
    • Jedi Community Action Group (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: A odd double standard. Knights can member poach to other communicties but when others talk about other groups we get them removed? Aye, good-eye on ya Hannigan....;) Speakin' of which, 'tis seemin' like everyone be likin' da fair play, would ya be so kind as to remove tha the link from yer signature? Or if you be needin' help, please ask a ships Officer (admin).... Thanks ta ya you sir...:) (Sorry, Pirates of the Caribbean is on, and I love me some pirate speak... lol)
    • TotJO (Last post by Adder)
    • Yea, there are Jedi here who work with dark and light, and shadows and grey concepts, but like with a lot of the fiction - its not forced here onto people to become attached to something from the fiction (except maybe the 'Force' but that is open to interpretation?). I tend to view TOTJO as being less prescriptive in its approach for Jedi, where some other groups tend to focus on specific elements of the fiction to define their approach (sometimes for functional reasons and sometimes just for identity issues), we let the individual use what they want to work with, so long as it does not conflict with the spirit of the doctrine. The IP, Degree and Clerical Programs here do provide specific guidance, but its not based in the fiction so much, rather its to assist Jedi in how to best experience their Jedi path without actively prescribing to them what that path should be. This to me is the most inclusive method, as it not only allows people from other groups to enjoy the Temple, but it does still allow for like minded Jedi to form working groups or projects along cultural or functional approaches anyway. Thus the Temple grows based on the members interests and activity, rather then their adherence to its particular interpretation of the fiction (because we don't prescribe it). That's my personal view on it, hope I didn't confuse the issue for you :huh:
    • speed of light (Last post by Adder)
    • Still pondering the OP, I guess the relativity aspect is a way to move things from A-B at ultra high speeds, as in if you fly really fast here on Earth, your speed is (for this most practically) relative to the air mass - how hard your pushing the air out of the way (to move). The speed of sound's sonic boom is all about how the air handles that type of impact. Previously the design and construction of aircraft had failed before the air's uniformity had. In space obviously there is no air, so I wonder what other types of fields you might impact which associate some concept of relative motion..... gravity, radiation, dust!? So how do we design a 'spacefoil', something which creates not lift to defeat gravity like an aerofoil, but vacuum to defeat relative motion.... I think it might need to be a variation of a Star Trek transporter which operates a disassembly field to the front, turning all matter into energy, which then zap's it out the rear into a reassembly field. Overcoming the relativity by turning everything to energy and moving it through 'vehicle' at the speed of light!! I think what I'm saying is they did not need to blow up the Earth in the Hitchhikers Guide, they just needed to pass through it :woohoo:
    • Wearable Body weights (Last post by Rob78)
    • You could try a total gym xl, you use your own body weight for resistance, very good for toning and strengthening muscles, can also be used to increase agility.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Proteus)
    • Don't let me feel too wanted... or trusted... or needed now... we wouldn't want that. That would actually match what you say I am to you... and that would actually make sense... we can't have that now, can we? No. Of course not.
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Just because tumblr is a near-literal cesspool of the worst types of human beings to ever discuss social justice issues does not mean that this isn't still a serious problem. Furthermore, the "autism" spiel in the middle of the video was highly unnecessary.
    • What it's like to teach evolution at the Universit... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this is just over five minutes and helps to explain whats going on this is not representative of the entire religious experience either of americans in general nor necessarily of southerners specifically but it IS a reality of the religious climate within a portion of the american society
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • it is not necessary to join the military to live the life of a warrior the military provides the original context for developing the warrior mentality however, within and without the military, warriors are the ones who take it upon themselves (responsibility) for developing their own warrior spirit we may be provided with context, opportunity, challenges, training, guidance, hardship, danger and even purpose by external phenomena, such as the military or the dojo ultimately, no warrior was ever made by anyone or anything other than themselves 5 mins 5 mins 8 mins 10 mins
    • The Art of Self-Discipline (Last post by Matsukaze)
    • Self discipline to me is the ever- flowing stream of philosophy and spirituality. When the stream comes across an object or obstruction, it passes around it, not through it. Stress is trying to go through it. Discipline is going around it and maintaining the stream. Hope that gives perspective!
    • Jedi Altar (Last post by Sirius)
    • I really like it!! I have an altar at home, though it's been neglected most of the time lately. It's also gone back and forth between Christian and Buddhist symbols. I like the idea of putting some classic SW symbolism in there. Honestly wouldn't have thought of that (or at least thought I should do it). But it makes sense, seeing as how SW is one of the things that inspires me most in life! Thanks!
    • Jediism? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: Since this ISNT the Gathered Force Community, perhaps we can discuss this site? We too have a map, located here: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Offline-activities :) Forgive me, I forgot you guys had a map *bows* No worries...;) Not all members are aware of everything... We were just talking about our non-english speaking groups in the knight forum... Thanks...:)

There are 360 visitors, 5 guests and 38 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, RyuJin, Jestor, ren, Nakis, Adder, LTK, Darren, Proteus, Luthien, rugadd, MJ Hannigan, Rosalyn J, Alan, Brenna, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, Wudan, Pyrus Erath, Ratcliffe, Culla, Solipsis, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Mandalore XIII, Atticus509, PJT, adanyley, The Penguin, Oakenshaw, bloodx, Vraell.

Follow Us