Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy & Theology

Ordained Roman Catholic Deacon

Certificate of Social Sciences

Examined in Mahayana Tibetan Buddhism - The joyful path of good fortune- Gesche Kelsang Gyatso

Grand Master of Jediism (Certificate) - Master Twsoundsoff

Ordained Bishop of Jediism (Certificate) - Cardinal Twsoundsoff

Doctor of Divinity (Certificate) - TOTJO

Ex member of Council & board of directors

Master of Sithism
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedi Knight in one word (Last post by Burn_Phoenix)
    • Perhaps "seeker" I.e. seeker of truth, seeker of justice, seeker of knowledge. Or "wanderer" on the path of those examples above? This thread really makes you consider semantics and connotations. Loving it :)
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I hate getting sick even moreso this year than any previous year. Spoiler: Today I woke up with the chills, a migraine, and nausea. I fought off the nausea with some breathing techniques I learned in the Air Force Auxiliary (CAP), but eventually I succumbed and vomited. There wasn't much in my stomach so it was mostly painful dry heaving. I went back to bed and managed to fall asleep. I woke with the migraine, but felt a little better and figured I had just drunk too much the night before. I ate a bagel with cream cheese and went back to bed because my migraine was making it impossible to look at a screen or book (which means I wasn't going to get my readings done). I didn't make it more than hour before throwing up that bagel which was extremely uncomfortable. What makes me so frustrated is that I could have gotten my readings done today if I hadn't been sick. This year, more than any other year since preschool, is a year I can't afford to be sick. I have 100+ pages of reading for each class plus thesis work to do.
    • Grey Jedi Code Anyone? (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I thought I might provide some sources. Check this out: www.accessconsciousness.com/classtype_details.asp?cid=17 www.accessconsciousness.com/class_details.asp?cid=41691 There is a blog post about it too: access-consciousness-blog.com/2013/06/is...80%99re-looking-for/ "There is another way, however. The “love” you’re looking for is possible through being you, says Heer. “What if instead of striving for love you were willing to have gratitude, caring, and no judgment? If you were willing to choose that instead, it would take you out of all the judgments that are attached to that program of love.”" Access is all about deprogramming from society. For that reason, it IS considered a cult in many peoples' views. Any group that is hellbent on separating you from society is viewed that way, is it not? *shrugs* I have no judgment of that. ;)
    • Native American Jedi... tribes, skills, get to kno... (Last post by Brenna)
    • I had a friend who claimed to be Cherokee. He named me "Runs with scissors" (does that count?) On a serious note though, One of the things im looking forward to once Ive moved, is the chance to explore the native american cultures further. Unfortunately a lot of the exposure Ive had, has either been at formal events where theres no time to spend with the speakers one on one, or through people Ive met in passing who's stories I wasnt really sure of!
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • whos coming for you now? who's coming for you now? im coming for you right now the middle of the night now whos gonna be the light now I aint afraid to fight and I know how to know im right now look straight into my eyes and the lies are exposed in the throws of demise of those who chose to trade blows with the wise he sees roses and skies as he closes his eyes he despises the hate of his surmises suprises are unpleasant for the lost and the eyeless apply this dont be afraid to die its the only way to fly you can make it to.the sky if you try and no day can pass you by and you cry as you laugh cause you tried and at last you arrived and alas had to die to your past yet survived all the paths full of wrath and of shame and the game still remains but the rules have to change cause the fools that remain look like jewels who disdain their own glimmer and claim that their chains make them sane while their shimmer is stained and unpolished in pain unacknowledged and you have this knowledge in here with you right now the middle of the night now you gotta be a light now dont be afraid to fight you know how to know youre right now! whos coming for you right now? whos coming for you right now? Jedi rap 2
    • Reunderstanding Addiction (Last post by Adder)
    • I love it when data makes me reassess my view of things, as it disagree's with my experiences, but I think it shows important information about how rat's might compete socially. For human's I think it might be a bit more complex, but I place a lot of value in carefully associating elements of 'belief' into changing ones mindset's and worldviews to alter or distance oneself from bad habits - so if it works, it works!!!
    • Aurebesh (Last post by Mica)
    • It's still pretty cool. My Jediism draws heavily on Star Wars for inspiration. I agree with Connor, though, that it would take credibility away from the Jedi order to begin using the Aurebesh as some sort of sacred script akin to Hebrew.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by ParCandroon)
    • And everyone was resting because they thought it was the end And even if it wasn't they decide they'd pretend And somewhere in the distance I could hear him whispering "You can fight all you want they will win in the end" Sometimes in the evening when I'm lying in my bed I am taken to the forest to the isolated shed And I wake with his words resonating in my head And I can't stop thinking about the gist of what he said He said: So watch your mouth Or you're going to make a grave mistake Hold your tongue Or you're going to catch a bullet in the head So watch your mouth Or you're going to make a grave mistake Don't die for anything less than the best of, Everyone settles for the rest not the best of, I will die for no less than the best of life -They Provide The Paint For The Picture-Perfect Masterpiece That You Will Paint On The Insides Of Your Eyelids, by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution (covered by Streetlight Manifesto, same singer/songwriter Thomas Kalnoky)
    • How to overcome our biases (Last post by Arcade)
    • Quote: Anyways, if anyone is interested, this is the link to the test she talks about: implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/ Thanks, Alethea! I spent a couple hours on the site and found the results interesting. For the majority of the tests I had "no automatic preference" (gender, sexuality, disability, Native Americans, Arab Muslims, etc.), but apparently I have a "slight preference" for black people over white people and young compared to old, as well as a "slight association" of European Americans with 'American' and Asian Americans with 'Foreign'. I think that's all pretty fair and realistic, though I'll probably get a slight kick in the head by one of my oldest and closest friends due to the results of that last one. I was also fairly neutral where religious discrimination was concerned. Essentially, the test reported that I have no religious prejudices, but my preferences were still ranked (highest to lowest): Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, then Christianity. This was interesting, as I don't often think about Judaism or have positive or negative feelings about the religion. Maybe that played into the results, I don't know. I appreciate you posting that link, Alethea. I think taking the tests is worthwhile for any Jedi, even if they aren't completely accurate. As you suggested, they might at least help you think about things (that you probably didn't even realize needed to be considered) from additional angles.

There are 848 visitors, 5 guests and 21 members online (none in chat): Shadouness, Darren, Burn_Phoenix, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, scott777ab, Arcade, Llama Su, Edan, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, jadedbehan, Jamie Stick, Mathew Erickson, Calanon, Goken, Revan Falton, Fenton, OB1Shinobi, Sha Karn, rvm, obi-wan_k.

Follow Us