Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Adhara
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Master
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Real Jedi vs Fictional Jedi (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Mind, body, spirit....yeah I seem to recall myself discussing this a week or so ago...not everyon's body is capable of the same things... In my 30+years of martial arts I've probably been in more fights than all of totjo combined...there is nothing great or glorious about that..it's not a sign of anything more than physical ability and mental inability....a fight is a result of failed communication and misunderstanding... During shuri te training my favorite hobby was in embarrassing arrogant blackbelts that thought their physical abilities made them better than everyone else....sorry it doesn't.... I'm fortunate in that no matter how long I go without working out or training I have little to no regression and plenty of arrogant douchebags thought to prove themselves against me only to find out how wrong they were...but age will catch up..it catches up to everyone, when it does you have to have other skills and abilities to compensate for the effects of aging...I can't wait to see how your perspective changes when you get old enough that you can no longer rely on your body... I would love to see more people talking with your words.. Thank you for sharing this with me :blush:
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by tzb)
    • Some other orders are fantastic. Some are, frankly, ridiculous. I chose TotJO of the available options because they were the least ridiculous, the most sincere. I do not see benefit in watering down the generally fairly real-world attitude of TotJO by affiliating with people in cheap brown robes Knighting one another with plastic toys and pretending to levitate things because by calling themselves Jedi, they're somehow magic. Personally, whilst I'm all for the expansion of TotJO and the inclusion of anyone who sincerely wishes to learn as we do, to grow as we do, to build a community as we have, I see no benefit in unifying "unilaterally". Whilst I would welcome unification with certain orders who aren't a million miles away from us (so far as I can see as an outsider), just calling yourself Jedi and having a website with the word "Order" in it is not enough to say you're equivalent or parallel to what we have here. I chose this Temple, quite simply, because I feel it's the best one. Adding worse ones to the mix won't result in making things better.
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Aqua start that thread, im curious. Altho i dont always bring solutions, i can bring maybe insight. I will follow it closely. You my friend are objective enought to get some overview. Your words bring me Joy, I will start a thread and I shall bring objectiveness with it. Thank you :blush:
    • Inglorius... film discussion. (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Thanks for the responses, :) People have good points and so thanks for the input. Aqua- I enjoyed your posts but I'm not fully sure you understood my question about who the Nazis are of today- I say this because I felt like you gently implied that I was searching for Nazis (lol- writing such a strange sentence...). I'm not interested in finding Nazis or people with similar ideas but rather was interested in whether people here could recognise if and whether they (or other people) alienate and distance themselves from other groups of people. Edan- thanks for input on group mentality- that makes good sense to me. I wonder what group mentalities we flow along with! I particularly like Quote: 'People like to throw names like 'chav' around because it means they don't have to see or take responsibility for what is happening. It puts up a barrier between 'us' and 'them', when really it is just all 'us'. ' thanks... RyuJin- thanks for thinking outside the box for the time travelling question, :p A much more preferable approach to diplomatically talk to avoid the war that try and end it with another death... Jamie Stick- ty for comments about our ability to slip into easy comparison. Each scenario is indeed different. Ckott- I can't say for sure- but I don't think Hitler's mother was raped... Where did you get that information (or disinformation)? Anyway- thanks for the small discussion.
    • The Hero's Journey - Course Outline and Registrati... (Last post by tzb)
    • The way I'm pitching this is some fairly readable material about each part of the Monomyth, with examples and maybe some video showcasing it, followed by some questions asking people to consider their own experiences and aspects of what's being discussed within each topic. Following the course shouldn't be overly "difficult", but there's scope for people to give complex answers and have in-depth discussions if they wish. At no point will I require anyone to read books before responding or anything like that (although you are welcome to!), and anything other than the topic outline is optional. I'll present the course materials (again, others are free to present anything they feel is useful), I'll leave you with a few things to consider and from there your response is entirely up to you. I hope that puts a few minds at ease - this need not be the equivalent of a college course on Joseph Campbell, unless you want it to be! :) ----- So far we have 29 people (including me!) who've declared an interest in taking the course, which is beyond my wildest hopes for this. Thank you! I hope you'll all find the course useful, interesting and enlightening. The course materials are coming together nicely and I'm really looking forward to getting started on Sunday!
    • How do you meditate? (Last post by benedictveritas)
    • this is a difficult question ....i dont meditate by clearing my mind ...just hearing all the thoughts at once untill i can focus them and understand them at the same time ....(kinda like distinguishing the individual voices of a choir ) and once they are brought into unison i am at peace and they fadeto little more then background noise
    • Tapatalk (Last post by Jestor)
    • Roz, this is like a puzzle for me, lol... So, tell me to stop if I bore you, lol.... Do you see this screen? As Kamizu said, choose "forums"... [attachment] [attachment]
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Ugh i feel terrible!! I used to play rugby train two times a week. When i was in top shape i weighed 110KG, but after i had to quit due to my knee injury i dropped to 81KG. Reading all this makes me realise i have to work out some more ... but for now im grabbing another beer :) free from work tomorrow! Cheers -Doomeniek
    • about meditation (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Walking is for me a good way to meditate, when me and my wife take the dog for a long walk in the forest, we actually dont say a word, we can let go of thoughts. Time we forget :P it feels so refreshing afterwords I have done that while walking very slow on a treadmill, eyes closed, holding the side rail, breathing in and out in sinc with my steps. I focus and visualizeon on the repetitive motions of my body & it's sensations as it moves through the steps. Very grounding.
    • Grey Jedi...Anyone else? (Last post by ckott)
    • I thought it was India and they did it because you mostly eat with your hand and wipe your ass with your left hand....so basically they cut off the left and u can imagine from there im sure
    • Jediism and inspiration (Last post by Goken)
    • While I find the whole of Jediism inspirational I guess that the parts that really got me hooked would be: the code, the Creed (which I repeat in my head whenever I face adversity), and Jedi themselves. I wasn't really sold on becoming a member here until I started reading the forums.

There are 584 visitors, 4 guests and 35 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, RyuJin, Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Desolous, Red Lila, Psyddhattha, Proteus, rugadd, Xon-Tay Lor, Alan, Gallileo Oortael, Arcade, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Cyrith, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Chadius4, Aqua, Spixxen, Doomeniek, Natsu, jheitzenrater.

Follow Us