Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version)

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:36 #17896

In the beginning there were four forces held tightly by a unifying Force that kept them all together. One day the four Young forces got into a huge fight.

'I want my own space' said the strongest Force.
Each of the other forces agreed and at risking the happiness of the little family The Force, in it's infinite knowledge and power agreed to help them out.

'I will give you space but you must work together because we are a family' The Force released one of them into the infinite blackness and the others quickly followed.

Shortly after the universe was filled with energy and heat. But the Force reminded them of their promise. They came together and stretched out combining their gifts.
The forces worked together to create clouds of dust which became stars which died very quickly. Saddened the forces went to the Force with their complaints.
'Everything we create dies. Isn't there something we can do?'
The Force, with it's caring eyes looked down at its family and explained.
'Nothing you create will last forever. In order to create new things the old things must die. Continue to create and they will begin to last longer, give it time.'

Sure enough after several thousand years stars were created out of the dust, stronger matter was created from the dying stars and planets were created from that.

Eventually out of the dust our the Sun was created and our little blue planet was created. At first it was nothing but a ball of heated matter but over time it got cooler one of the forces choose to stay around and influence us directly and the other indirectly.

In our early years as human beings we had a direct connection to the Force but over time, as humans tend to do, we forgot from which we came from. The Force has had many names and many parts. And we are finally learning to connect to it again.

So, what do ya'll think?

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 14:46 #17897

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
Now that is interesting O.o makes alot of since when you sit there and start thinking about it. Very intreasting little story and theroy which goes on with the idea of other galaxys around us.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:24 #17898

I took actual science theory and combined it with the belief in the Force. This is sort of what i believe so i thought it would be a good idea to make it suitible for children. :)

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 15:51 #17899

• Wander
  • ID: 1354
well would be true as the force is unstable energy and most children are hyper like me so the child idea fits perfectly in opinio

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:37 #17912

• Sarus
  • Master
  • ID: 956
Hehe, awesome April :D
Master Knight of Jediism
Bishop of Jediism

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 17:39 #17913

• Garm
  • Senior Knight
  • ID: 218
I believe that you have just created the first Jedi bedtime story / folklore tale for younglings. Nice one Sister April

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 13 Aug 2008 19:14 #17916

• azrel
I agree with what you said April and also with Lenny about this being a story to pass on to the younger generation. We have lost much in knowledge because of technology, it is time to combine the old with the new and allow it to grow as the younger forces did in their time. We are slowly reconnecting with the elements which of course stems from the Force. By many standards we are a young species, with great potential.

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 16 Aug 2008 12:54 #17999

That was what i was going for, not to mention this story allows for the explanation of any diety you choose. It is completely pure, no dharma thrown in. So, Christian Jedi, Pagan Jedi, or Sith. It all works. I hadn't thought of the Bedtime story part though. Maybe someone should try it out and see if it works. *hint hint, poke poke* :D

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 06 Sep 2009 12:20 #25611

*bump*

Re:Big bang theory and the Force (childrens version) 08 Sep 2009 06:25 #25642

• Jon
  • Novice
  • ID: 1798
That really is an interesting story Master April, and whilst reading it makes very much sense. In fact this kind of reminds me of Simarilion by J.R.R.Tolkien and his version of the creation of the world.

At to using this for children I do think it needs working on. For one the mention of the one big Force, and the four other forces where one of them is stronger. That could prove to be a little to abstract and confusing for some children. Maybe by giving them names and describing what they do may help to construct a pictures in their minds. Also what gifts are they which these forces share? Also the death part where matter becomes stronger may require also a picturesque story.
Jediism - "Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Stephen Weinburg
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • saber build (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I'd like to learn more of the art of creating a custom saber, but at the moment I'm just focused on getting some WD-40 for the threads on my pommel because Ultrasabers didn't grease it in any way. :angry:
    • a question about the value of human life (Last post by Ariane)
    • I am lost this conversation is confusing, We should do a survey or a poll to find out what other people think. Does human life have value? Do people support a tyranny of this magnitude?
    • Posting Pictures (Last post by RyuJin)
    • my galaxy lets me upload directly to the site....not every site is able to do that though so sometimes i have to upload to photobucket then just copy/paste the link from there....
    • The Sixth Extinction (Last post by Locksley)
    • A positive outlook was what I started it on: Quote: Our intelligence and our technology have given us the power to affect the climate. How will we use this power? Are we willing to tolerate ignorance and complacency in matters that affect the entire human family? Do we value short-term advantages above the welfare of the Earth? Or will we think on longer time scales, with concern for our children and our grandchildren, to understand and protect the complex life-support systems of our planet? The Earth is a tiny and fragile world. It needs to be cherished. [ Source ] ~Carl Sagan So, yes, I did start this with hearing positive possibilities, as well as various concerns (and possible solutions to those concerns). Actually I tried to leave it pretty open-ended, but I certainly started it with a note of positivity directed at solutions to issues we face. "In any case, this thread was hardly geared toward solutions" isn't quite accurate.
    • The End of Casual Christianity (Last post by Alan)
    • To build and dwell within is what humans do. Like us, the sacred dwells amidst all that is. May faiths build a place for their sacred and what that sacred is will determine the dwelling's purpose. A gathering place. A temple to house the deity. An expression of beliefs held. Some buildings are mirrors of the cosmos, like Hindu and Buddhist temples or American Plains Indian teepees. Some religions have no building, like the ancient Zoroastrians, but only a fire altar upon the hilltop. Christian sacred space is within church walls and is of a different theological quality than the profane world outside. The Muslim's prayer rug is a representation of the Garden of Eden where, like Paradise itself, puts the believer in direct contact through prayer with Allah the Merciful. Some sacred places have buildings erected there and the myth of that place is represented in the temple, as in Shinto. Theology informs architecture.
    • On Self Knowledge (and The Jedi Path) (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: On Self-Knowledge - Kahlil Gibran Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams. And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure; And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless. Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth." Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals. Enlightenment is like the moon reflected on the water. The moon does not get wet, nor is the water broken. Although its light is wide and great, The moon is reflected even in a puddle an inch wide. The whole moon and the entire sky Are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. -zen poem quote
    • How to get a group started? (Last post by Aqua)
    • It is always easy to split people intro 'Us vs them' Would it be an art to remove or decrease that feeling? Would it be an art to shape people by helping them to accept who they are, to act as a listening ear? More important is that the youth section could be a 'them' to, but I do not hear problems often.. Maybe there are, not mine to know, but if a system is really needed it should get a change to proof itself. But i do not know how many members there are, that are requesting such groups. It is always possible to connect one or more dedicated and trusted members with other people, like a buddy system. If groups are one step to far, and the demand is not high. A buddy could ensure a save way to talk about multiple subjects.

There are 601 visitors, 6 guests and 31 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Adhara, discordor, Proteus, V-Tog, Xaii, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Pcoronaf, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Mdvmonk, Goken, GalUnDrux, Rocda, Cyan Sarden, Tk768, TheDude, Krieger, WayneTec, Protonix, Thathe Mach, Blind, Ana Karen Po, theta, Korvus, alegolas.

Follow Us