Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: Quote: (I think what I’ve been reading is mostly neo-shamanism??? I’m not sure the exact name). There are some that speak of this as "plastic shamanism" in a derogatory sense. I don't have a dog in that fight, as I see shamanic animism being roughly the same across all cultures, even if it isn't across all times, but I do understand why workers of the older ways could be upset by it, and I do feel a stronger connection/power comes from the more ancient paths. I definitely want to do more studying on some older and various paths (any books you can recommend?). I was reading some things Arcade sent my way and I think maybe 'core' shamanism is more what I'm doing right now? (Maybe 'neo' is the slang? haha :huh: ) No idea :laugh: I'm just kind of floating my way down this river here. Figured I'd check out the branches as I come to them :D Quote: Quote: I've never had direct confrontation before. Ping me on Facebook or something. Quote: I haven’t done a lot of research into them but I love the energy of stones. Quote: I also want to get into more incense work. They are fantastic. Remind me and I'll send you a something. :D will do!
    • Gisteron (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Ok that was quite an interesting read. This was a google search on the word agnostic. a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God. So my next question is: 2nd Question: Do you consider yourself agnostic under that definition? I ask because I no longer want to assume you believe this or that anymore. Plus the way you have always come off to me is as an atheist, but your last reply makes me question that. Thank you for taking time with me to answer my question, and answering any in the future, if you do. Quote: Actually, there is a case to be made that absense of evidence is indeed evidence of absense, but I don't think I need to make that case unless prompted. Jestor, the thing is that if you are making claims, the onus is on you to back them up (again, when prompted), as Khaos already said. Of course they may be true or false, but I will care what you believe only in so far as it affects what you do and I will care why you believe things because that may help me discover a truth I didn't know before. As for the line you quoted, we have a name for the universe. It is "universe". If your reason to rename it to "god" is only so that you can smuggle in the word and claim god exists, you are doing our language a disservice and are begging for misunderstandings. Anyway, neither of this is what I was asked, so I shall move on to address the original post. Scott, you asked whether I believed there was a god or not. Now, there are two ways of interpreting that question. Judging by your subsequent question, it seems that my options are as follows: - Either I believe there is a god, or - I believe there is not a god. I shall illustrate my answer with an analogy. Let's say I have a jar full with marbles. The exact number of marbles is either odd or it is even. Your question would be analogous to asking whether I believed it was odd or even. I cannot answer this. My answer is "neither". I don't believe the number is even, because nothing makes me think that. Neither does anything make me think that it is odd, however, so I cannot say I believe that either. In the same way, I don't beileve there is a god, and there are a number of gods I have reason to even believe don't exist, like the one version of Zeus that visibly and physically resides on mount Olympus or that is internally contradictory. At the same time however, I have no reason to actively believe that all and every god doesn't exist, so I don't believe that either. I believe that the time to believe anything at all has come only when and no sooner than there is reason to believe the proposition. Now that reason may not be sufficient or watertight, which is why we always have to reexamine our own beliefs, but at the end of the day I cannot say I believe something and also mean it unless there was something, that, for better or worse, convinced me to some degree or another. So the second part of your question remains unanswerable from a strictly semantical point of view since it relies on a dichotomy that isn't a given one. But I don't have to be strictly semantical here and may as well say, that the reason I disbelieve is that I have no reason to believe and I cannot make myself believe things because I deem that dishonest and counterproductive in any quest for truth.
    • Sweden (Last post by AlexanderJ.W)
    • Vad är det som gör att du tycker att Sverige är ett så spännande land, och vad är det som har fått dig intresserad? :9 Må kraften vara med dig
    • My Philosophy of Life (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Quote: I do my best to live my philosophy, and it has been quite beneficial personally. Good, and don't let jerks like me push you around. To you also I aplogize. I guess I do not know how to make decent posts to things I disagree with without sounding like a total jerk. So I am sorry about that Philo. This here below is the last thing I am going to say in this thread. May the force(God) be with(in) you.
    • Connor is back (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Oh! Well, that wasn't a permanent thing since I've been in Germany for a month and all. But, yeah, we'll see how it turns out. I may not end up doing the financial planning stuff till I'm done singing, which may not be for 10-20 years yet.
    • Jedi Lightsaber (Last post by rugadd)
    • I should amend that by saying I DID craft one...but its 4 solid steel plumbing pieces and a solid steel pipe for the blade, wrapped in green electrical tape. I treat it the same way one might treat a weighted bat in baseball practice. Also, will likely be my head bashing tool when the zombie apocalypse happens.
    • Rape Culture (Last post by ren)
    • It's the evil patriarchy man. We get to be dicks and women pussies. Coz you know, throughout history cats have been seen as disgusting worthless animals not deserving of any kind of attention and all. You know dem cats vandalized the pyramids with selfies in egypt? Filthy things. Now being named after male genitalia and the greatest politician ever Dick Nixon, that's just pure honour and glory.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • "Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world" - Lawrence G. Lovasik.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Open Sermons slots are every Wednesday ... :) Please continue writing and submitting us your sermons. Open Sermons are pretty much free-writing exercises on any topic one finds a 'message' in. And, as we know, found messages are often just as important as planned ones. Furthermore, they are open to everyone. :cheer:

There are 707 visitors, 4 guests and 31 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, Octagon, steamboat28, Jestor, ren, Connor L., Brian, Wescli Wardest, Proteus, Luthien, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, PatrickB, Khaos, Gallileo Oortael, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, tzb, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, benedictveritas, Trice Corbel, Mathew Erickson, Cabur Senaar, Knigma, TambelSadera, Toad.

Follow Us