Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Martial Arts: Your interest? (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • One would think that Tai Chi would work for a jedi. Chi is the Chinese word for "life force" and a tai chi master's energy flows from this force. It would also be cool to do a kind of synchretistic martial art that combines the best of all of them rather than just focusing on A or B...
    • Jedi Beleive (Last post by Senan)
    • I would say that you have some pretty good interpretations there. And that's the best part... these statements can be interpreted in a number of ways according to the individual. Some may take them quite literally while others may treat them as guiding principles that can be applied to varying degrees depending on the situation. The Force and how we experience it is different for each of us, and that is what allows a Jedi to discover what it is that will bring balance to his or her life. Continue to contemplate and always question... but don't take life too seriously either :)
    • The Dalai Lama speaks at Glastonbury (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: I wasn't referring to the religious or philosophical aspect... (or even the personal aspect) I understand why people will show interest in him just like they would with many other people. I was mostly concerned about the fact that this "leader in exile" is supposed to be leading a feudal theocracy, what we in europe call the middle ages. The PRC is better than a feudal theocracy (everything I can think of is). Therefore why is the dalai lama such a hero hipster-friendly figure? Ok, he's been chilling out in india converting the locals to tibetan Buddhism, cool (it's not like he has much of a choice). Why the rockstar treatment? He comments about someone with gray hair being active and how every day is important... Not exactly anything enlightening, yet he gets more cheers than a pink floyd reunion featuring jimi hendrix would. At glastonbury. Probably for the religious, philosophical and personal aspects :P
    • "It is a religion in and of itself" (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: Quote: Basically, the phrase means that taking nothing else into account, it is a religion. Quote: in and of itself Intrinsically, considered alone. For example, In and of itself the plan might work, but I doubt that it will be approved. It is also put simply as in itself, as in This account may be true in itself. [First half of 1600s ] So I'm guessing the context it has been written in within the first paragraph of the doctrine is, that the religion would stand independently Star Wars? Yes I would say that makes sense in the context.
    • Rituals Needed Today (Last post by Adder)
    • Ritual almost has a negative connotation with me, as in 'routine' but I think it points to how I see it - I try to make everything spiritually significant - everything a ritual of connecting to the Force and exercising insight and outsight (!?). Therefore the negative connotation is just a type of view, most easily understood as pessimistic perhaps but not without value itself. In that regard, an act of ritual to me seems to exercise/develop something as contrasted against normal non-ritual existence, perhaps because it requires unique supporting activities or participants. But in my practise even that I tend to view as an illusion, at the moment, and so explains why I view isolated ritual like periodic meditation versus non-stop ritual like continuous meditation. That might be a decidedly introverted approach. Now when I decide to switch my practise around to dissolve self and become a reflection of non-self specifically, activity would probably be dependent on the circumstance but that will be more determined by meeting the needs of others rather then myself.... which means I still am sort of anchored on my initial view. :pinch:
    • Light bubbles dont work (Last post by Kamizu)
    • What I'm saying is your analogy is wrong for how you're trying to use it. You DO use a "Wall of radio waves" to stop another radio wave. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference But to go further, light bubbles or any other visualized protection isn't the only tool in the box. But it's a useful one that works to the extent of the power you put into it. I've had to get help outside of that before when something stronger than me came about. But for every-day protection it works just fine. I fell out of practice using something similar a few years back but now that I'm becoming more sensitive (or rather paying more attention/opening up more) I need to pick up the practice again. If it doesn't work for you. Then fine, do your own thing. But you can't tell other people that it's wrong if they found that it works for them. It could be troublesome in the least if someone needs it and stops using it.
    • Is all altruism selfish? (Last post by Edan)
    • This post is on behalf of another.. Quote: Yes, they can be truly selfless. Yes, studies show that people who help other people get a chemical release that makes them feel good and all of that. And yes there are people who deliberately go out to do good things knowing that it's going to make them look good. There are people who donate to charities purely because they know they can get a tax ride off for it. So yes, there are ways to be altruistic while still being selfish. But take into consideration just for a minute those children who grow out their hair for months only to cut it and donate it to organizations like Locks of Love. I honestly don't think they're capable of thinking through "If I grow my hair out real long and then get it cut and donate it, it'll make me feel good in the end". No, they're thinking "That kid deserves to be pretty too." They're doing it out of the act of truly just trying to be kind and help other people. Then there are adults who, without even thinking about how it will make them feel or the benefits they may get from it, have absolutely no issue with giving that homeless person the $5 that they're carrying in their wallet/purse. They don't stop to consider the way it will make them feel, or the fact that they can write off that money come tax season. They see someone who is in need and they take two seconds to help them out. And if the reaction to that is 'well they're still getting that chemical/hormonal release that makes them feel good'... so what? The average person doesn't actually stop to consider what chemical or hormones their brain is releasing as a result of every little action they take. And most people don't consciously stop to think how every little action will impact their reputation; a child probably can't even begin to comprehend how the whole scenario above may impact the way other people view them. They are acting purely off of the fact that they know what they are doing is going to help the person receiving. A friend of mine yesterday made a comment to me about something not entirely related, though the point does apply. Is a person truly lying if they honestly believe that what they're saying is the truth? Likewise: Is a person truly being selfish when their body releases chemicals that make them feel good as a result of an action they take without a thought of themselves and how that action will impact them? I don't think what happens subconsciously should determine the conscious reality. And the only thing those reactions are are subconscious processes. Therefore, if someone does an act of kindness without considering the impact it will have on how they feel, their taxes, their reputation, and so forth, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of people who do so on a daily basis, then you can't really tell me that that act wasn't selfless. The fact of the matter is, you can't really determine what's going through a person's mind when they do something good. You can't really say "Oh well you only did that so you'd look good", at least not with a random stranger on the street. But you can't really discount what someone does as not being selfless because of a reaction they have no control over either. Like Cabur said, trying to determine if altruistic acts are truly selfless is trying to deal with absolutes. It doesn't exist.
    • Selecting the right vitamins (Last post by Luthien)
    • Quote: I want to start taking a multivitamin, but I am unsure how to find the one that's right for me that will give me the best health benefits. I am also unsure how to judge the quality of the different brands available especially since I know that the government does not regulate them. Any suggestions for what to look for would be awesome. (If it helps I'm a 29 year old woman. ) Centrum or One A Day are common for multivitamins, but you can shop around to find out which one suits you. To find that out, as stated in other responses, you can have your blood drawn to see where you're deficient. Multivitamins are like an insurance plan for your diet. That is, if you aren't getting enough of a particular vitamin, the multivitamin will suffice, but they aren't necessary. Now, if you're only deficient in a few things, I'd suggest only taking supplements for those things instead. Regardless, both Centrum and One A Day have specialized multi's that are for men, women, active adults, senior adults, etc. I've taken generic brand multi's and they do just fine.
    • Logic Puzzles (Last post by Izoshua)
    • Quote: scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat...5712a2e6&oe=55EF422D This was a good one. Spoiler: 4+3=7 :)
    • Journals? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Is it appropriate for me to start a journal at this stage? The Initiate Program is available to all... Not even membership is required...:) I've heard our training has been copied by another site, but, it is attributed to us, lol... Some of it is not our material, we just put it in an order that made sense to us...:) Quote: In regards to taking the Oath is there an official format for doing it? Oath is not required unless training beyond the IP is desired....:)
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • found these, theyre good conditioning and stretching fundamental techniques beginner fighting techniques intermediate fighting techniques 1 intermediate 2 advanced
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Baija Damel)
    • I'm pretty sure this song belongs here... A little bonus...performed by a good friend ISN'T IT A PITY George Harrison Isn't it a pity Now, isn't it a shame How we break each other's hearts And cause each other pain How we take each other's love Without thinking anymore Forgetting to give back Isn't it a pity Some things take so long But how do I explain When not too many people Can see we're all the same And because of all their tears Their eyes can't hope to see The beauty that surrounds them Isn't it a pity Isn't it a pity Isn't is a shame How we break each other's hearts And cause each other pain How we take each other's love Without thinking anymore Forgetting to give back Isn't it a pity Forgetting to give back Isn't it a pity Forgetting to give back Now, isn't it a pity

There are 415 visitors, 22 guests and 39 members online (4  in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Damion_Storm, Phortis Nespin, Connor L., Adder, Darren, Alexandre Orion, hellisforhorses, Whyte Horse, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Avalonslight, Silvermane, benedictveritas, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Angwusi, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, Tk768, MrBruno, Krieger, Competent, Protonix, Adi Vas, CryojenX, theta, Tellahane, adventureexcitement242, Blau, Athena_Undomiel, notapessimist6991, TheUndreamer, Dascylus, Linionaron, Snow Dude, Gelukseeker, KryptoAsh, chammond.

Follow Us