Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • To be "an instrument of peace" (Last post by Zeph)
    • Thank you, my fellow Jedi! The last months has been as enormous opportunity to personal growth and to change paradigms (one of the reasons that ended bringing me here, at TOTJO). May I ask for more of your experience and wisdom? Wow, I always say that the last few months has been Insane! There was a meeting of teachers (most of them high school teachers), and because they differed about work conditions offered by the government, they began to plan a labour strike (which is a right legally guaranteed here). Almost immediately the governor ordered the police to remove those teachers of the building where they were... Final score: a teacher killed after a grenade explode beside her; This "cop" was proud to have broken a bat on some teacher's back and posted it on Facebook. Some time after this, one of his own old teachers (a very nice and brave old lady) said that was ashamed of him. How to react to this without give up to the "dark side" and begin to attack this person (the cop, in the case) with the exactly feelings that have lead him to this actions (hate, angry, violence, ignorance) ? My meditation teacher said that when a person transmits lots of suffering to others, it's because his own heart is so full of pain and suffering that it overflows and "flood" the world around. So, how to react, when there is no "legal ways" to do anything, and violent reactions will not bring peace?
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by Adhara)
    • A few days ago I saw a quote by Albert Schweitzer: “Example is not the main thing in [teaching] others. It is the only thing.” substituted influencing for teaching Thanks you :)
    • Best martial art? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • The more arts you study, the more options you have... I'm skilled in several grappling styles, several striking/kicking styles, several weapons styles, and a few styles that would be considered "excessively violent"....for those nasty situations...what ever it takes to come out on top...I prefer the immobilizing techniques, but can/will use harsher techniques if I feel it necessary...
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: @Zeph This trailer for season two of Legend of Korra had some of my favorite music from the whole series: [video] And the end credits!: [video] Can't get enough of the urhu. :) I also love it *--* Avatar state, yip yip!!
    • Assigning the Deity (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Do you project your wants and desires into your interpretation of the Deity? Do you say it's the Will of the Force when you lose something, but claim credit when you win? Do you think it's ok to say: "Jesus would not approve", when you aren't Jesus? Do you believe that the world revolves around your tiny, insignificant perspective? I have found myself guilty of "assigning" the Deity, meaning that I interpret the divine so that it fits my morality, my views. Some will often use God as a scapegoat for a moral argument: "You shouldn't steal because it's against Christianity". Or, some will say that Jesus is Lord... but only for rich white men (and their wives). This is a problem. If you find yourself doing this, as I often do, think about what you're doing. It's immoral. It's dumb. It's creating your own totalitarian ideology. Instead, have reverence for the Divine, and don't force your own ideas into your interpretation.
    • There is no Death (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: Quote: "(...)all the paths are empty (nothingness), do not born, do not end (...)", as the Heart Sutra says.. True (to a point), it's what we do with it that matters. Jediism as a path is essentially nothing until it is molded and wielded into a workable philosophy that instills it's followers with the awareness that they each possess the power to better their lives and the world around them... Exactly the point! All the phenomenons are "empty of inherent meaning". When we say "all," that means everything, including the the path. We see a phenomenon as something with characteristics, and as an object that is conceived by a subject. To hold that an object is something external is ignorance, and it is this that prevents us from seeing the truth of that object. The truth of a phenomenon is emptiness, which implies that the phenomenon does not possess a truly existent essence or nature: we (our minds) construct and give meaning to the phenomenon...
    • Jedi Sentinel Findings (Last post by Daniel L.)
    • I'm having a difficult time with this. Every month there is a new Missing Teen Age Girl poster at bus stop cross walks and store door way. I'm not sure if its just a Tucson thing but it's starting to get to me. Never have I felt so useless. May the Force Be With those that are lost missing or in a dark place. How I wish I could be your light.
    • Local Orginizations (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • If you are in:Memphis, Somewhere close to Murray, KY, Chicago, or in Arizona, there are offline chapters established. They are not necessarily ToTJO affiliated, but they each have great Jedi running them, and it will help drive home the ideas and concepts you learn here. You can even bring some of your knowledge from here to these groups and help them grow. ToTJO also has a map around here that can help you connect with others in your area if there happens to be someone near you ;)
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Proteus)
    • What makes fear or lack of fear unnatural? Who is to say what is "not part of nature"? Is fear not a symptom of ignorance? And yet, death to this day is the biggest mystery in this world of "hard facts"... There were civilizations and eras where many people were rarely afraid of death, but instead, looked quite forward to it, due to setting aside some lack of facts for decided beliefs. That may sound dumb in common contexts, yet that empowering belief gave them incredible power over the life they did have, giving it a great meaning. The difference between the common person of today's society and one of them, is that they spent their life learning - not hard facts about the tangible world so much, but about matters of the spirit which taught them to be less attached to their physical bodies, and not so concerned with losing it in death - which is the common issue for us: attachment to the tangible experience of life, and not knowing (tangibly) what lies beyond it. "There is no death, there is the Force", is an affirmation, that the physical, tangible realm that we experience in this life is very likely but a grain of sand on a beach of further experiences beyond it.

There are 176 visitors, 10 guests and 23 members online (none are in chat): Br. John, Jon, Shadouness, Gaia Chi, Streen, Jestor, Garwa Mayharr, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, E-3_4L_Teeter, Tat2dtrouble, Buvan, Llama Su, Vincente, tzb, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, TheImpailerXx, kevinabdiel, blindbat84, Xan Montagu, Zeph, trajko955, Trey-Vor Hoyt, MrGrae, oscar.nilzen.

Follow Us