Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Did You Know? (Last post by Proteus)
    • Welcome to the thread of interesting and mind blowing facts about our wondrous universe! Post an amazing uncommonly known fact here, whether significant or trivial... (Tip: Be sure to cite your sources) ___________________________________ To start us off: Fact: You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago. science.howstuffworks.com/life/cellular-...lace-seven-years.htm
    • Thoughts of a simple man (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Not posted anything for a while. But then one should not write just for the sake of writing. It is like taking without anything of use to speak of lol Found this which I like :) “The suspicious mind conjures its own demons.”
    • What makes a Jedi? (Last post by den385)
    • @Cyan - sure, I meant the crashing plane situation - first you put on a respirator yourself, than to the kid - that's official instruction for depressurization.
    • Etymology of the word "Jedi" (Last post by den385)
    • @steamboat28 - let us dream of the word Jedi coming from every language on this planet ) Sure, I, too, think jidaigeki is the only source - statement by Lucas is clear.
    • Military Jedi and conflict of interests, help nee... (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • So far, everyone here has talked about voluntary military service. There are many countries in the world (including my own) where draft is still enforced and every man (and sometimes woman) has to serve. I found my time in the military to be somewhat strange - Switzerland is neutral and our army is set up to defend the country, not to attack others. Everything about it felt somewhat surreal - you were ripped out of your peaceful life and thrown into a system that is built from the ground up to make killing feel "normal". over the last two decades, Switzerland has been involved in a series of foreign wars (mainly in the Balkans, we still have a presence in Kosovo), albeit as a non-fighting force. I was forced to join when I was 19 years old. I was handed a rifle and trained to kill, just like about 15'000 others that year. At that time, I considered myself a pacifist. I refused to shoot at human-shaped targets at the shooting range and was punished for that. I didn't mind the shooting itself - I still shoot guns for sports to this day, but I drew the line once they replaced the neutral aim with that containing the image of a bad guy. So again - Switzerland is neutral country and I'm grateful I was never placed in a situation where I actually needed to shoot at someone. If you look at this here, you'll see that almost half of the world still has mandatory military service: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription So while in the US and the UK, the decision of whether you're willing to kill someone for your country is made before you join up - and it's completely your personal choice - in other parts of the world you're forced to to prepare yourself for killing if you want to or not. So what would a Jedi do there? I believe that free will is the basis for being able to live the life of a Jedi. If that free will is taken from you, what is there left to do?
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Love the title lol. I have something to be very thankful for. On 10 Nov 2014 my daughter was born. Long labor short, the doctor discovered something that could/should have been a major major problem that would have resulted in her death before she was born. What I thought was a nearly painless pregnancy should have been classified as a high risk. I'm grateful all are doing well. I pray you will both be well and continue to be that way. Best thoughts for you both. You brought life into the would. That is sacred.
    • In a Sith Bar..... (Last post by DreadFather)
    • great freemason joke! Quote: Ok, a Templar, Hospitaler & Jedi Knight go into a Sith Bar... I'm not really good at jokes, so if you're going to be critical, then: "This isn't the joke we're looking for." "Move along!" The Sithtender asks what's your poison. The Hospitaler asks for a Light Lager. The Sithtender says, "this isn't the elixir you're looking for, Move along" The Hospiyaler leaves the bar with a saddened look.... The Sithtender looks to the Templar.... "I'll have an Rose on the rocks" Sithtender says "this isn't the rosy cross you're seeking, move along" The Sithtender shoots an exasperated look at the Jedi and says "what'll it be?" "I'll have a Darkside Stout.....!"
    • Do Nothing for 2 Minutes (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Shared with me this evening Do Nothing for 2 Minutes A reminder to take some time out Wonderful! Wonderful!! Wonderful.!!! :) :) :) :) :) Thank you so very much. I'll make this a favorite. Nothing better than a walk on the beach. Peace
    • Application Open: Secretary of the Synod (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • The Synod is eager to fill vacancies and is currently looking for the right candidate for the position of Secretary to the Synod. Job Description: The Secretary for the Synod is a new role supporting a broad range of Synod initiatives, from recording Synod discussion, assisting the other members of the Synod with their initatives, providing insight and aiding in engagement with the wider Clergy and the Temple congregation as a whole. Prerequisites for Application: * Must be a member of the Clergy (Licensed Minister or above) * Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to members of the Synod; Akkarin, Alexandre Orion, and Jamie Stick. You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Inquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Akkarin, Alexandre, or myself. Note: You do not need to send your questions or concerns to all three of us, but you do need to send your application to all three of us.
    • chat (Last post by Edan)
    • I'm in chat! Make my one person party a two (or more) person party :silly:
    • here's a thought. (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: *stuff* thank you. I wanted to say this but was too tired and lazy to cite sources. Quote: Also I did know about the pink for boys and blue for girls thing!! When I first heard that I was amazed at how easily it was changed. :laugh: Want a trip? Girl has only meant female for a few hundred years.

There are 348 visitors, 3 guests and 18 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, steamboat28, MikeBudo, Adder, Adhara, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Clone_Warrior, Llama Su, mdk, Edan, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Revan Falton, GalUnDrux, Yodi, Rocda, RaB, broady101.

Follow Us