9 years 7 months ago #159462 by
Coffee with Jesus was created by

Attachment h5ce4866.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159474 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Coffee with Jesus
You ever notice how much time some black people used to devote to talking about a skin colour they didn't even have?
You ever notice how much time some women used to devote to talking about a privilege they didn't have?

Perhaps self-righteous cocky anger really wasn't the most effective tool.

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2009/02/shut-up-thats-why.html

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159515 by
Replied by on topic Coffee with Jesus
I advise you to read the apocryphal book "The Third Book of Enoch"
link here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

tell me what you learned from this?

book remained at the Slavic and Greek had secret information about paleocontacts with other residents of the universe, from which there was a human race.

who would not be difficult to translate into English, to give a link to Slavic book
http://old-ru.ru/03-50-1.html
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159530 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlFhaGXAp0E

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160349 by
I just had to make this pun before i got to sleep ;)
No thank you il take my coffee black

/giggles
Ok night yahl never mind me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160393 by
Jesus was a sith Lord

"I am the way the truth and the light, no one gets to the father but through me"
Meaning only if you enter the darkside will you understand the grace of god

"He who is not with me is against me"
Well pretty clear on that one

In the last supper Jesus taught his people the value of eating humans with his own body as a example
Um yuck

Paul was a Sith Lord under Jesus
He told his people to arm themselves and declare war, he told the early church to put on the full armor of god and declare war on the romans. Weill the burnt down rome so it looks like they took his ideas.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160398 by
Here I disagree) Nero burned Rome in his madness, and Christians declared terrorists. We in Ukraine is similar. ;)

MJ Hannigan wrote: Jesus was a sith Lord

"I am the way the truth and the light, no one gets to the father but through me"

In the last supper Jesus taught his people the value of eating humans with his own body as a example
Um yuck

He told his people to arm themselves and declare war, he told the early church to put on the full armor of god and declare war on the romans. Weill the burnt down rome so it looks like they took his ideas.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160410 by

Um yuck

Are you being sincere or are you joking?

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #160411 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Coffee with Jesus

Maybe Jesus and Paul just had very specific ideas about what was really "Christian" and decided that only certain people who were with him on that could truly be considered believers and "understand the grace of god".

Is that a qualification for being a sith?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Brenna.

More
9 years 7 months ago #160415 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Coffee with Jesus

McMiklosh wrote: Nero burned Rome in his madness, and Christians declared terrorists.

The second part is correct. The first, however, is in severe doubt by modern historians and rejected by a good subset thereof for a number of reasons.
I myself had a chance to review some of the original latin reports of the event. While the evidence on both sides was largely inconclusive, the accusations against a mad Nero along with defense of the political persecution victim Christian groups were generally more abrasive and coming mostly from pro-Christian spokespeople despite them being in a minority which would make us expect their honest statements to be less represented in the records.
Juvenal and Statius were poets, and, more importantly, satirists. They were in the business of painting caricatures of events. Suetonius was born some five to six years after the event and could thusly only write what he was taught or what he made up, since he hardly had any evidence to review or politically neutral statement to hear. He also added that Nero announced that he would burn the city. I am still looking for a verification of this. Cassius Dio was born some one hundred years after the event and was convinced by that above mentioned argument from Suetonius. This leaves only Pliny the Elder as a remotely reliable source who despite not holding a political or military office at the time, waited ten years before publishing how certain he was of Nero's involvement while his contemporaries spoke their mind right away.
No doubt the opportunity to badmouth and use as a scapegoat the already largle disliked minority Christian community, be that for religious or, more likely, political reasons, was quickly seen and ceased. Whether the accusations against them were legitimate remains an unanswered question for now. With the political pressure on what was a fringe messianic cult back in the day it remains however a more likely scenario and so does an accident appear more likely than Nero's involvement in the Great Fire of Rome in July, 64 CE.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi