Sleep Habits

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 15:02 #55159

• Reliah
  • Knight
  • ID: 8859
This morning, while searching for things to do in the morning when everyone else is still asleep, I ran across this article I thought I would share: 17 Ways to Wake Up Feeling Fresh in the Morning.

Yes, it has a long name, but it made me realize (even more) the importance of having a regular schedule and healthy habits.

I would love to hear your thoughts about any/all of these and any other suggestions that have worked for you to have a restful sleep and wake up feeling good. :)

May the Force be with you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Aceboizor, Darren, Desolous, Harvestpaw, Falo

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 22:50 #55253

I've had sleep issues for many years now. I'm a light sleeper and I frequently awaken during the night. On top of that I am also a heavy snorer (my fiancee loves this) and suffer from sleep apnea. The fact that I have to get up at 5 am doesn't help either. So I'm usually always tired to some extent.

Nobody should underestimate what a good night's rest could do for you. It's not only beneficial physically but emotionally and mentally as well.

Thanks for posting this. I hope some of these can prove helpful to me.
Love Is My Religion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:11 #55944

• LTK
  • Knight
  • ID: 8277
That's a good article and there are a few pointers I definitely need to be better at:

1) Get up straight away (no snoozing)

2) Go to bed and get up at the same times each day (something I'm failing at as I type this, haha)

----

On the other hand, I am definitely a night exerciser; if I exercise in the morning, it seriously tires me out the rest of the day. I exercise at night and am usually exhausted and fall right to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for posting the article!

I think I'm going to bed now, haha.

MTFBWY,
LTK
Master: Jestor
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:35 #55945

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
The other person in the bed can be a distraction if they toss and turn. We tried getting rid of the big mattress but kept its base and got 2 single mattresses onto the larger base... and it was enough difference to not notice the other person rolling around. Pillow top mattresses seem to make the edge borders, which would otherwise stuck up in the middle, almost unnoticeable - so its just as big, but better buffered being technically separate. Works good!

PS: King base + 2 Long-size Single mattresses fit perfectly, so 2 long singles beds next to each other must be the same as a King size bed but probably cheaper!!

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 15:13 #55987

• Reliah
  • Knight
  • ID: 8859
What about sleep number beds? That's what I have. It's a king and it's on the ground on the bases.. There are two bases..?

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 20:47 #56016

That's a really good idea Adder. I'm a fitful sleeper, constantly kicking and tossing and turning. I think my fiancée would like the idea of two separate mattresses on one frame.
Love Is My Religion

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 21:50 #56021

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yes your right Reliah, the King is on two seperate frames, but we have the little hook thing connecting them so a it tends to behave like a single unit. Its also really easy to move the bed if you move houses!!!! Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't seen sleep numbers, looks interesting thanks.

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 02:14 #58342

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I've always had trouble sleeping, there are times where I lay in bed and can't feel tired or even drift into sleep at all, or constantly awaken. Then there are days in which I sleep perfectly, wish I could pinpoint whats going on. But I might have to look into changing up my sleep habits even if it might be a tad difficult :P
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 05:24 #58351

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
There's an app I got on my HTC called SleepBot and basically it tracks how long you sleep for each night and then shows how much debt you have. So if you need to sleep more or less. Its been really useful recently

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 07:01 #58353

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I like it >:3
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Video Games Promoting Nationalism and War? (Last post by Goken)
    • When I used to work for Best Buy parents used to ask me about violent video games all the time. I would always steer them towards the more unrealistic ones that involved aliens and lazer guns because it created a clear cut line between the game and reality. Parents seem to like that answer, the people who make Call of Duty do not. :laugh: Personally I find that I have a hard time playing a game when I don't agree with the motives of the character I'm playing. When I was young I didn't have this problem as much, but even when I played Grand Theft Auto all I did was start wars with the other gangs and protect my turf and the people in it. I was more of a vigilante than a gangster. In games where I'm given the choice between "good" decisions and "evil" decisions I usually do one play through as good and then try to be bad the next and it never works for me. I seem to have difficulty escaping who I am. One of my all time favorite games is Total War: Shogun 2. I will play that game for 12 hours at a time if nothing inturrupts me or shows me a clock. But even in that game I have trouble starting a war with another faction if they haven't first wronged me in some way. I sometimes lose because I haven't gained enough territories. Believe it or not I had a point when I started this post. :laugh: I guess I'm just saying that I understand not wanting to be the bad guy even in a fictional world and not enjoying playing a game that seems to focus on sensless violence just for the sake of violence. Give me an epic quest to save the world and some obvious bad guys that I don't have to feel too bad for killing though and it's game time!
    • Jedi Knight in one word (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • I fully agree and "GET" that Jedi or rather Jedi Knight, can't be fully expressed with one word. A "Exercise" or "Mind Game" isn't meant to encompass or describe an entire path of enlightenment. It is meerly meant to get the person to reflect and THINK. It's got nothing to do with putting the idea into a box. If anything it is meant to make you think outside of it ;) for over 20 years Jedi have discussed in lengthy lectures, journal posts, lessons, debates, argued, and held conversations of the full meaning and purpose of what it means to be a Jedi :) This was simply meant to encourage inner reflection. As many of you have stated. You took several DAYS to find your answer, and in those days I bet you all did alot of thinking and concideration of what the path means to you. That is more important than the word ;) However. Akkarin. In reading your post I think you did find your word....just too caught up in the "Big Picture" to see it. "Journeyman"
    • General reading question (Last post by Goken)
    • I haven't read it yet either, but it's on my list. I love Tolkien and I love the Beowulf story (in general at least, most versions on print or screen haven't really done it for me). Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead was his attempt to tell the story and make it more fun. The book failed miserably, but The 13th Warrior, the movie adaptation, is one of my all time favorite movies.
    • LucasArts games on GOG (Last post by Arcade)
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and Star Wars: Starfighter were added today.
    • Jedi Sentinel Findings (Last post by Daniel L.)
    • "As heaven and earth are my witness(as I stand before the creator and man kind on earth), I will strive for knowledge and wisdom with the five senses and beyond the five senses. I will strive for love of all man kind and there will be no needless shedding of blood. I bow not in submission but in respect to you and I extend the hand of respect and friendship to you and I look towards the creator for divine guidance. I am trained to be a warrior with wisdom if my peace and friendship is rejected. I stand in symbolism for I serve only for the creator, my tribe, and my family and I owe no allegiance to any foreign king. With my hands and heart I cherish the knowledge my instructor has given me for it is my life in combat. I am prepared to go against you even if your skill is greater than mine and if my body falls to you in combat you have defeated only my physical body for my fighting spirit and soul rise to the heavens for they are unconquerable " -SiFu Dwight Woods
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Proteus)
    • she shines in a world full of ugliness she matters when everything is meaningless fragile she doesn't see her beauty she tries to get away sometimes it's just that nothing seems worth saving I can't watch her slip away I won't let you fall apart she reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by hoping someone can see if I could fix myseld I'd - but it's too late for me I wont let you fall apart we'll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide I'll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side ...but they keep waiting ...and picking... it's something I have to do I was there, too before everyhting else I was like you - NIN (The Fragile)
    • Do you have a loved one that has a mental illness?... (Last post by Fenton)
    • Quote: Quote: I noticed a couple of people suggesting therapy, but just like medication, you have to remember that it simply isn't for everyone. It's perfectly fine to suggest it, but if your girlfriend is introverted in nature (like I am), it can actually do more harm than good. Mental illness is different for every single person, and so the treatment has to be different too. While I appreciate the sentiment, I will disagree with you here. Therapy--good therapy--is about helping you learn how you process your emotions and thoughts currently, and how you can learn to process them in more healthy ways in the future. That's a skill everyone needs, in my opinion. In my case, it unfortunately caused me to regress further, and my doctor has cited it as the worst decision he made for me. The real problem isn't therapy itself, but when you force people who desperately don't want to go, to attend regardless. A kind of 'go or we'll have you institutionalized' mindset. In short, therapy is not inherently bad, just as medication is not, but it should be done at the will of the person involved, not their family or friends. Forced therapy will not help. People may also accept to go out of a want to make others happy, so the patient's intent must first be deduced before action.
    • Native American Jedi... tribes, skills, get to kno... (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Hahahhaha RyuJin and I have the same name! :woohoo: Wescli Wardest Running-Wolf Black Foot, Sioux Irish American Hunting, tracking, leather working, drum and flute making, beading, knapping, cord making, bowyer fletcher (as it is called in Europe), horsemanship… and a myriad of other things. Basically, I love the outdoors. And I am very fond of heritage and native skills and crafts from most every peoples.
    • What's the difference between hunting and buying m... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • its serendipitious to me that you mention human/virus c connection i have a theory id love to share iv been saying this theory for a while and no ines been able to counter it to satisfaction my theory is not that we ARE a virus but thst we are INFECTED by a virus virus may not be an exactly appropriate word but its definitely accurate for purposes of explanation its not a symbiote which binds us to the force its a virus which seperates us from it ?
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kohadre)
    • Quote: OK, so I know this is generational and you young ones will give me some sort of excuse like..." But that's the way our generation does it", but.... I DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING! WHO THE F*&%%$$ DEITY DIED AND LEFT YOU AS*)&%%LES IN CHARGE? WE ALL CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING, AND THAT'S THE WAY WE ALL LEAVE THIS WORLD! IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED, RESPECT OTHERS FIRST! THIS ENTITLEMENT GENERATION ARE NOTHING BUT FOOLS, ARROGANT, IGNORANT, AND LACKING ANY SKILLS TO SEE THE WORLD IN FRONT OF THEM! DON'T BE ONE OF THEM! Like retirement? My generation seems to understand the "we're fucked over scale" pretty well, it seems the previous ones still think they deserve something (even if they paid into it)
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I am grateful that people understand my crazieness... Here's to all the crazy ones :) Thank you
    • Honesty - what form or type do you like? (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I try to remember the following quote when I'm faced with an honesty conundrum: "A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies one can invent" - William Blake Your intent is the key. Under normal circumstances I'm skeptical of "tough love" - although certain circumstances will demand it. Search your feelings for the right approach - and timing is everything! Brutal honesty can often be avoided, to be replaced with a compassionate honesty at a different time under different circumstances. Obviously lying should be avoided but "white lies" have their place :)

There are 335 visitors, 11 guests and 30 members online (3  in chat): Juturna, Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Shadouness, Jestor, 666, Kitsu Tails, Desolous, Gisteron, Burn_Phoenix, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alastor, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, Senan, Pyrus Erath, Jamie Stick, carlos.martinez3, Goken, Jeffery Williams, RaB, r3dleader, Jamieson, OB1Shinobi, Staav Hilfurenn, Loudzoo, obi-wan_k, Relyt Dagor, Ramadeus, BryanJerome.

Follow Us