Sleep Habits

Moderators: Adder, Adhara
  • Page:

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 15:02 #55159

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
This morning, while searching for things to do in the morning when everyone else is still asleep, I ran across this article I thought I would share: 17 Ways to Wake Up Feeling Fresh in the Morning.

Yes, it has a long name, but it made me realize (even more) the importance of having a regular schedule and healthy habits.

I would love to hear your thoughts about any/all of these and any other suggestions that have worked for you to have a restful sleep and wake up feeling good. :)

May the Force be with you all!
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer
Knight of Jediism

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Aceboizor, Darren, Desolous, Harvestpaw, Falo

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 22:50 #55253

I've had sleep issues for many years now. I'm a light sleeper and I frequently awaken during the night. On top of that I am also a heavy snorer (my fiancee loves this) and suffer from sleep apnea. The fact that I have to get up at 5 am doesn't help either. So I'm usually always tired to some extent.

Nobody should underestimate what a good night's rest could do for you. It's not only beneficial physically but emotionally and mentally as well.

Thanks for posting this. I hope some of these can prove helpful to me.
Love Is My Religion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:11 #55944

That's a good article and there are a few pointers I definitely need to be better at:

1) Get up straight away (no snoozing)

2) Go to bed and get up at the same times each day (something I'm failing at as I type this, haha)

----

On the other hand, I am definitely a night exerciser; if I exercise in the morning, it seriously tires me out the rest of the day. I exercise at night and am usually exhausted and fall right to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for posting the article!

I think I'm going to bed now, haha.

MTFBWY,
LTK
Master: Jestor
Apprentice: Psyddhattha
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:35 #55945

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
The other person in the bed can be a distraction if they toss and turn. We tried getting rid of the big mattress but kept its base and got 2 single mattresses onto the larger base... and it was enough difference to not notice the other person rolling around. Pillow top mattresses seem to make the edge borders, which would otherwise stuck up in the middle, almost unnoticeable - so its just as big, but better buffered being technically separate. Works good!

PS: King base + 2 Long-size Single mattresses fit perfectly, so 2 long singles beds next to each other must be the same as a King size bed but probably cheaper!!

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 15:13 #55987

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
What about sleep number beds? That's what I have. It's a king and it's on the ground on the bases.. There are two bases..?
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer
Knight of Jediism

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 20:47 #56016

That's a really good idea Adder. I'm a fitful sleeper, constantly kicking and tossing and turning. I think my fiancée would like the idea of two separate mattresses on one frame.
Love Is My Religion

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 21:50 #56021

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yes your right Reliah, the King is on two seperate frames, but we have the little hook thing connecting them so a it tends to behave like a single unit. Its also really easy to move the bed if you move houses!!!! Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't seen sleep numbers, looks interesting thanks.

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 02:14 #58342

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I've always had trouble sleeping, there are times where I lay in bed and can't feel tired or even drift into sleep at all, or constantly awaken. Then there are days in which I sleep perfectly, wish I could pinpoint whats going on. But I might have to look into changing up my sleep habits even if it might be a tad difficult :P
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 05:24 #58351

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
There's an app I got on my HTC called SleepBot and basically it tracks how long you sleep for each night and then shows how much debt you have. So if you need to sleep more or less. Its been really useful recently

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 07:01 #58353

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I like it >:3
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: i am kind of wondering how Jediism can be taken seriously? -Doomeniek I think a good start is not to put up with some of the crap discussions that take place here. Honestly if an outsider dropped in and read some of this stuff would they think of this place? That we are tolerant.... To a point... Sure are a lot of cries when we ban or shut someone down... Well, there used to be... After the last couple, it has been less, I must admit...:) it is not just the crap ideas, there is also the lesson of patience that many here seem to lack, that is tested by the crap ideas... If people dont like them, why do so many post? :lol:... I have responded to threads like these so amy times, I simply read them... UNless something catches my eye like your post, that is... lol, I am not even responding (directly) to the thread...:) Its like kids trying to 'shush' each other in the class... They 'shushers' make more noise than those whispering... YOu want more serious discussions? Well, we have them in the other forums...;) But, when the doors are left open for anyone, what can one expect? If we limited it to just members, you would be left out to Rickie, lol...
    • Real Jedi vs Fictional Jedi (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: Mind, body, spirit....yeah I seem to recall myself discussing this a week or so ago...not everyon's body is capable of the same things... In my 30+years of martial arts I've probably been in more fights than all of totjo combined...there is nothing great or glorious about that..it's not a sign of anything more than physical ability and mental inability....a fight is a result of failed communication and misunderstanding... During shuri te training my favorite hobby was in embarrassing arrogant blackbelts that thought their physical abilities made them better than everyone else....sorry it doesn't.... I'm fortunate in that no matter how long I go without working out or training I have little to no regression and plenty of arrogant douchebags thought to prove themselves against me only to find out how wrong they were...but age will catch up..it catches up to everyone, when it does you have to have other skills and abilities to compensate for the effects of aging...I can't wait to see how your perspective changes when you get old enough that you can no longer rely on your body... A fight is nothing more then failed communication? Well that is quite interesting. You do know and understand that if a person really wants to take things to a physical level there is truly nothing you can say or do to stop it right? When words are needed a jedi uses words when action is required a jedi uses action. Someone did point out that jedi of the fiction did have different paths, ie guardian, sentinal and councler as the major groupings, however they did fail to point out that ALL jedi were trained in the basics of self defense.
    • How do you meditate? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: Quote: That is a personal question I don't have to answer :angry: Lol... One of my favorite methods is to sit and sharpen my sword...watching the light reflect off the blade as I listen to the sound of the diamond stone sliding along the edge. Then listening to the sound made when I strum my thumb across the edge to check the sharpness...then feel the blade sliding past as I wipe the residue from it with a cloth.... If you like that, and doing it over the years.. the sword will get smaller from all those whetstones? I have lots of swords B)
    • Tapatalk (Last post by jedi_roz)
    • No worries Jestor, it's a puzzle for me too! ;-) Okay so I touch forum and nothing happens. If I touch feed I get some options. I'm including screen captures. If I touch on the various feeds it will show some of the discussions going on but I have to refresh individual ones to get anywhere. Just thought that there might be a better way to use this app, that's why I asked ;-) [attachment]
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Aqua start that thread, im curious. Altho i dont always bring solutions, i can bring maybe insight. I will follow it closely. You my friend are objective enought to get some overview. Your words bring me Joy, I will start a thread and I shall bring objectiveness with it. Thank you :blush:
    • Inglorius... film discussion. (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Thanks for the responses, :) People have good points and so thanks for the input. Aqua- I enjoyed your posts but I'm not fully sure you understood my question about who the Nazis are of today- I say this because I felt like you gently implied that I was searching for Nazis (lol- writing such a strange sentence...). I'm not interested in finding Nazis or people with similar ideas but rather was interested in whether people here could recognise if and whether they (or other people) alienate and distance themselves from other groups of people. Edan- thanks for input on group mentality- that makes good sense to me. I wonder what group mentalities we flow along with! I particularly like Quote: 'People like to throw names like 'chav' around because it means they don't have to see or take responsibility for what is happening. It puts up a barrier between 'us' and 'them', when really it is just all 'us'. ' thanks... RyuJin- thanks for thinking outside the box for the time travelling question, :p A much more preferable approach to diplomatically talk to avoid the war that try and end it with another death... Jamie Stick- ty for comments about our ability to slip into easy comparison. Each scenario is indeed different. Ckott- I can't say for sure- but I don't think Hitler's mother was raped... Where did you get that information (or disinformation)? Anyway- thanks for the small discussion.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Ugh i feel terrible!! I used to play rugby train two times a week. When i was in top shape i weighed 110KG, but after i had to quit due to my knee injury i dropped to 81KG. Reading all this makes me realise i have to work out some more ... but for now im grabbing another beer :) free from work tomorrow! Cheers -Doomeniek
    • about meditation (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Walking is for me a good way to meditate, when me and my wife take the dog for a long walk in the forest, we actually dont say a word, we can let go of thoughts. Time we forget :P it feels so refreshing afterwords I have done that while walking very slow on a treadmill, eyes closed, holding the side rail, breathing in and out in sinc with my steps. I focus and visualizeon on the repetitive motions of my body & it's sensations as it moves through the steps. Very grounding.
    • Grey Jedi...Anyone else? (Last post by ckott)
    • I thought it was India and they did it because you mostly eat with your hand and wipe your ass with your left hand....so basically they cut off the left and u can imagine from there im sure

There are 192 visitors, 6 guests and 34 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, RyuJin, Jestor, jedi_roz, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Red Lila, Proteus, isisinabi, rugadd, MJ Hannigan, Rickie The Grey, Arcade, Llama Su, Kamizu, Diggitae, elizabeth, Edan, Senan, benedictveritas, jadedbehan, Trice Corbel, Mathew Erickson, Chadius4, Targeran Arynal, Aqua, McMiklosh, Spixxen, Doomeniek, Jeffery Williams, jheitzenrater, Champii.

Follow Us