Sleep Habits

Moderators: Adder, Adhara
  • Page:

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 15:02 #55159

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
This morning, while searching for things to do in the morning when everyone else is still asleep, I ran across this article I thought I would share: 17 Ways to Wake Up Feeling Fresh in the Morning.

Yes, it has a long name, but it made me realize (even more) the importance of having a regular schedule and healthy habits.

I would love to hear your thoughts about any/all of these and any other suggestions that have worked for you to have a restful sleep and wake up feeling good. :)

May the Force be with you all!
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer
Knight of Jediism

The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Aceboizor, Darren, Desolous, Harvestpaw, Falo

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 22:50 #55253

I've had sleep issues for many years now. I'm a light sleeper and I frequently awaken during the night. On top of that I am also a heavy snorer (my fiancee loves this) and suffer from sleep apnea. The fact that I have to get up at 5 am doesn't help either. So I'm usually always tired to some extent.

Nobody should underestimate what a good night's rest could do for you. It's not only beneficial physically but emotionally and mentally as well.

Thanks for posting this. I hope some of these can prove helpful to me.
Love Is My Religion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:11 #55944

That's a good article and there are a few pointers I definitely need to be better at:

1) Get up straight away (no snoozing)

2) Go to bed and get up at the same times each day (something I'm failing at as I type this, haha)

----

On the other hand, I am definitely a night exerciser; if I exercise in the morning, it seriously tires me out the rest of the day. I exercise at night and am usually exhausted and fall right to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for posting the article!

I think I'm going to bed now, haha.

MTFBWY,
LTK
Master: Jestor
Apprentice: Psyddhattha
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:35 #55945

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
The other person in the bed can be a distraction if they toss and turn. We tried getting rid of the big mattress but kept its base and got 2 single mattresses onto the larger base... and it was enough difference to not notice the other person rolling around. Pillow top mattresses seem to make the edge borders, which would otherwise stuck up in the middle, almost unnoticeable - so its just as big, but better buffered being technically separate. Works good!

PS: King base + 2 Long-size Single mattresses fit perfectly, so 2 long singles beds next to each other must be the same as a King size bed but probably cheaper!!

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 15:13 #55987

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
What about sleep number beds? That's what I have. It's a king and it's on the ground on the bases.. There are two bases..?
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer
Knight of Jediism

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 20:47 #56016

That's a really good idea Adder. I'm a fitful sleeper, constantly kicking and tossing and turning. I think my fiancée would like the idea of two separate mattresses on one frame.
Love Is My Religion

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 21:50 #56021

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yes your right Reliah, the King is on two seperate frames, but we have the little hook thing connecting them so a it tends to behave like a single unit. Its also really easy to move the bed if you move houses!!!! Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't seen sleep numbers, looks interesting thanks.

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 02:14 #58342

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I've always had trouble sleeping, there are times where I lay in bed and can't feel tired or even drift into sleep at all, or constantly awaken. Then there are days in which I sleep perfectly, wish I could pinpoint whats going on. But I might have to look into changing up my sleep habits even if it might be a tad difficult :P
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 05:24 #58351

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
There's an app I got on my HTC called SleepBot and basically it tracks how long you sleep for each night and then shows how much debt you have. So if you need to sleep more or less. Its been really useful recently

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 07:01 #58353

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I like it >:3
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedi creed (doubt and faith) (Last post by Joe)
    • Thanks, everyone. I am too lazy to click the thank you-button all the time, though. I wanted different opinions, and i think you helped me a bit. I think the interesting thing about this is that there is one word that has different meanings. I can have faith in the future not being horrible. Or I can have faith that a thing is as it is. Thanks again - after all, objectivity is just the sum of all subjectivities.
    • The Code(s) (Last post by Reacher)
    • I don't worry too much over either. I try not to focus on the grammar and literal implications of each, but what they point us toward. That said, whichever is the clearer guidepost - follow. Just remember to attend the path, not the post.
    • What do you get out of magic/k? (Last post by crystale)
    • Some people understand magic in other ways,is complex. Religions have lots of concepts and behaviour close to magic,by example the tabù: Thats, what is not acceptable by some reason...in many cases the need of human create new religions or reformat others to create new rules...many times, prohibitions have as base the idea of protect or prevent a negative magic. ( If we contemplates the idea of magic, as a thing that produce a change) We can to see magic in lots of places...publicity,religion,social behaviour... human specie want trascend,grow...across the sea... make a way opened with the wand. Some magic as Maat and others that are in balance with nature,can to be observed as therapy. and some therapies, as magical
    • FAQ Update (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Apprenticeship: Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. The Council will organize a knighting ceremony Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master they will be interviewed by a member of the Council and if the interview is successful a ceremony will be organised to officially promote them to the rank of Knight. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Read more Instances of FaQ were changed to FAQ (correct abbreviation) Multiple minor stylistic changes at the beginning of the document.
    • Recurring Dreams (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm not sure I have recurring dreams, but I do have recurring themes. Like not being able to find a bathroom, missing my bus, being late for a class, can't remember my locker combination... I'm not a high school student, but the impression of it has dug deep into my subconscious.
    • Pathfinder (D&D) Tabletop Campaign (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: As these type games are very "hero adventure-esqe", I hope that the quandaries and difficult decisions are discussed sidebar (think, what would a Jedi do? what would a Dark Jedi do, what would a [fictional] Sith do)... Jestor you should play role-playing games...
    • Yoga (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Contemporary Yoga might have taken a lot of the poses and used them for flexibility and exercise uses, where a hold might relieve the tension more effectively then a moment in movement into and out of a stretched position. That's my thoughts on it. Some positions I see in videos etc are held, but in classes they are all held. I wonder if perhaps it is a country thing, I am in the UK for classes but all videos I see are American. Cultural difference in interpretation maybe? Probably everyone is a bit different. Video's might be instructional and therefore hold positions a bit longer to demonstrate better for the audience. Also some people do Yoga as a calisthenics type of exercise which seem not to hold at all, almost like a cardio exercise banging out reps of full range motion!! For introductory Yoga it seems usual to approach a position and not reach it due to inflexibility, and then hold it a bit to help stretch out the muscles, fascias, ligaments etc as a way to get better at Yoga and improve flexibility more generally. I think there are benefits to that, as sometimes pain can be associated to imbalances in different muscles groups or stress etc. It is not my area though, its just a hobby my partner 'puts me through' occasionally. :S :)
    • Down's Syndrome... (Last post by tzb)
    • Quote: Seems strange that the same person can believe these three things: -abortion is a right -aborting babies just because they're different is a wrong -You don't do things like me and I don't like your ways: go away! I don't think that's strange (or accurate of any view expressed here, but whatever). To me it suggests your initial assertion Quote: Of all the abortions people can have, you can categorize them in two groups: - Because I don't want it (Or now's not the right time)or because it's my body and I do what I want (yet somehow people aren't quite as keen when it comes to chopping their own legs off: these are actual parts of their body) - Because there's something wrong with the baby or pregnancy. is incorrect. Quote: just like when it comes to your limbs, the one that makes sense to remove is the one with the disease. A poor choice of straw man given most people will do whatever possible to keep a limb, diseased or not.
    • Live Service - Thursday 28th August - 19 UTC (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Hi all! I will be holding a live service on the 28th at 19UTC. To find out what your time will be: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime...t+28&iso=20140828T19 The topic is going to be: Discipline in the face of Chaos. [The Complexity of Cause and Effect]

There are 106 visitors, 6 guests and 21 members online (none are in chat): Br. John, Shadouness, RyuJin, Joe, Phortis Nespin, Wescli Wardest, Darren, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, zeronycon, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, jadedbehan, Deepseablue, Targeran Arynal, Tmabbc, Acheron.

Follow Us