Light bubbles dont work

More
8 years 8 months ago #196325 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Light bubbles dont work
What I'm saying is your analogy is wrong for how you're trying to use it. You DO use a "Wall of radio waves" to stop another radio wave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference

But to go further, light bubbles or any other visualized protection isn't the only tool in the box. But it's a useful one that works to the extent of the power you put into it. I've had to get help outside of that before when something stronger than me came about. But for every-day protection it works just fine. I fell out of practice using something similar a few years back but now that I'm becoming more sensitive (or rather paying more attention/opening up more) I need to pick up the practice again.

If it doesn't work for you. Then fine, do your own thing. But you can't tell other people that it's wrong if they found that it works for them. It could be troublesome in the least if someone needs it and stops using it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J. K. Barger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196362 by J. K. Barger

Kamizu wrote: If it doesn't work for you. Then fine, do your own thing. But you can't tell other people that it's wrong if they found that it works for them. It could be troublesome in the least if someone needs it and stops using it.

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196379 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Light bubbles dont work
To put your stance into its proper context, I will change every reference of "light bubble" into something that it approximates in the physical world.

OB1Shinobi wrote: the value of the [strike]bubble[/strike] self-defense class is that it helps settle oneself into ones [strike]energy[/strike] body and it bolsters ones confidence

as an exercise in [strike]visualization[/strike] physical training it has benefits ; just like every other [strike]visualization[/strike] physical training exercise - you could [strike]visualize[/strike] train yourself in a mickey mouse suit and it would have exactly the same effect [strike]energetically[/strike] physically and mentally

i understand people have been using these forever and no one is going to stop simply because i say something - the fact that people do them doesnt change the fact that they are unecessary

[strike]psychic energy[/strike] physical strength is very much like light or sound or radio waves

youre not going to build a wall of radio waves to keep out the other radio waves

you disagree, fine

yes, its what people are taught; excellent

it makes you feel better; great, have fun

never-the-less; a persons durability and [strike]energetic[/strike] physical fortitude is a result of their birth, nutrition (which is much more than just food btw - people often forget that what we attach our emotions and our thoughts to is also an extremely important type of nutrition - its probably the FOUNDATION of personal nutrition really) behavior and lifestyle, overall physical health, mental development (which is not the same thing as I.Q.), personal discipline, emotional intelligence, and basically what rooster cogburn refers to as "grit"

So while you may think them useless and unnecessary, the point is this sort of stance is potentially dangerous, especially to people new to energy work, psychic abilities, or any other non-physical chi-based mojo one happens to believe in.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by steamboat28.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196721 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Light bubbles dont work
i am saying is that it is not possible to prevent someone elses attention or intent from interacting with you. there is no way to "shield" that

if i understand the radio wave correctly, there is no WALL which deflects other radio waves and prevents them from entering into the space,

rather, the output generated is such that the transmited signal is not strong enough to be detected by the receiving apparatus

or if that isnt clear, als we could use light, or sound

if you shine a flashligh into a dark room it is easy to see the beam

but if the light within that room is sufficiently bright, the beam will not be powerful enough, in comparison, to be noticed

consciousness and attention are this way

you increase your basic output by the kinds of things i have mentioned - the development of your ability to focus, the amount of self reflection your thoughts are stuck on, what you put into your body and what you allow your mind to be attached to, how much you exercise, the goals and aspirations you pursue and the activities you participate in

these things act as our shields to a much greater extent than the visualized bubble

the bubble is virtually irrelevant next to these and that is the ultimate point i am expressing here

we are energetic beings

the visualization feels good and strong because it is us being consciously attentive to our actual energetic nature - it feels good to pay attention to our energy

Kamizu wrote: ...but now that I'm becoming more sensitive (or rather paying more attention/opening up more) I need to pick up the practice again.

If it doesn't work for you. Then fine, do your own thing. But you can't tell other people that it's wrong if they found that it works for them. It could be troublesome in the least if someone needs it and stops using it.

this is an excellent point - becoming sensitive again

the energy interactions to which we become sensitive are already happening whether we are sensitive to them or not

the vulnerability that we experience once we open ourselves up to energy work is a result of how we use our attention, not of our essential durability

what im saying is that our lifestyle, our behavioral and psychological routines and disciplines, are the things which affect our basic durability itself, and that this is the real shielding which protects us from the dangers of existence

said another way - the raw power of our focus and the types of things which we habitually focus on, in conjunction with our physical health and stamina, are the factors which determine things such as how strong our bubble visualization is able to be to begin with - the stronger your focus the stronger your bubble right? well, this topic is to suggest that the development of ones attention through the various esoteric methodologies, and the application or direction of that power - in other words WHAT WE DO WITH OUR ATTENTION, (which is a huge topic that basically covers everything we do and everything we think) is the foundation for that "raw power" to begin with

and this is by far the most important set of factors in our psychic and physical self defense

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196751 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: i am saying is that it is not possible to prevent someone elses attention or intent from interacting with you. there is no way to "shield" that

Yes. there is. You can't stop the initial intent, but you can prevent the interaction. In exactly the same way that someone can say something offensive to you, but you can refuse to actually take offense.

[/quote]if i understand the radio wave correctly, there is no WALL which deflects other radio waves and prevents them from entering into the space,

rather, the output generated is such that the transmited signal is not strong enough to be detected by the receiving apparatus

or if that isnt clear, als we could use light, or sound[/quote]

I'm sure that waves (such as radio) all work the same, and I know you can effectively negate a sound wave by producing an inverse sound wave that is otherwise identical. The phase shift uses a trough to cancel a crest and vice versa, effectively producing silence instead.

In support of my standpoint in this thread, that's also exactly how folk magick counterspells have worked for tens of thousands of years.

you increase your basic output by the kinds of things i have mentioned - the development of your ability to focus, the amount of self reflection your thoughts are stuck on, what you put into your body and what you allow your mind to be attached to, how much you exercise, the goals and aspirations you pursue and the activities you participate in

This is actually a hemorrhaging of energy, and is generally considered very unhealthy in most energetic systems unless it's intended. Someone with enough energy to pour excess out should also have control enough not to.

these things act as our shields to a much greater extent than the visualized bubble

the bubble is virtually irrelevant next to these and that is the ultimate point i am expressing here

I'm still not seeing where you're pulling this from. I've worked with practitioners of about 7 different, disparate energy systems from chi to prana Northern European hedge magick, and I have yet to see anything to substantiate the point you're making. In fact, each of those systems teaches defensive mechanisms if you get far enough into their traditional training mentalities.

in other words WHAT WE DO WITH OUR ATTENTION, (which is a huge topic that basically covers everything we do and everything we think) is the foundation for that "raw power" to begin with

No one is arguing that point.
The point people in this thread are arguing is that "raw power" makes a pretty crappy defensive mechanism.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196753 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Light bubbles dont work
I think I see what's going on now. You don't use or see energy like I do. It's an idea to you, not an active power.

Attention and focus are not the power itself. They help channel it like the fictional Jedi use their focus to use the Force.

Bubbles and other shields are actual objects and part of a defensive strategy for those who are aware of the. ..well what in my practice I call the spirits and the middle world, the spirit realm that overlays our own. Different practices see it differently but all that I am aware of have defensive measures.
Additionally people are Jerks. Most of the time we are not aware of the energy attacks we inflict on one another. All are affected to some extent. Those of us who use energy are more susceptible. So we use shields to keep us sane and healthy. Our we tend to hermit.

It's like music. Anyone can by pained by a particularly bad piece but those of us who are trained and/our practice the art are much more sensitive to a note even half a step off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196755 by OB1Shinobi
i dont SEE energy, typically

in my more sensitive moments my body jumps involuntarily when someone looks at me

i have a game i like to play where i determine the gender of the person driving the car coming up behind me by the feeling of their attention on me as they pass

i have the "shared thought" experience with strangers regularly

when people who are close to me are thinking of me for a while i know it

its much more than just an idea to me, it is a bodily experience, with more implications than what i mention here but i dont really WANT to get very descriptive because frankly i think people will either believe i am crazy or lying and i am neither
but i admit it is not, for me, a visual experience

People are complicated.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196759 by steamboat28

Kamizu wrote: Those of us who use energy are more susceptible. So we use shields to keep us sane and healthy. Our we tend to hermit.

Or both. Which is why i disappear often.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196760 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Light bubbles dont work
I see spirits, I feel energy. They are of the same source but I'm not good at visualizing something as abundant as air unless I'm actively working with it.

That jump or notice you get? I've gotten physically sick because of too many people around (San Diego Comic Con) if I had bothered to shield myself I would have had much less of a problem.

Maybe the difference with me now is I don't 'listen' on an open frequency anymore like when I was first learning. I'm still bothered by strong focused attacks (think powerful emotions directed at me. That's most of what I deal with) that's where shields and grounding techniques come in. But there's still times I need to withdraw from the world when I feel too drained. The trick is not to become depressed.... not really an easy thing to do.

When anything uglier shows up, there are other kinds of armament to use, but shields are still utilized as a base.

Just because I put on my gas mask doesn't mean I can take off the rest of my protective gear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196762 by OB1Shinobi
ive never gotten sick to the extent that i vomit or anything - maybe as a child and i didnt understand it - but what happens to me is that i get extremely anxious and uncomfortable
not exactly a panic attack because i dont panic but i have to get away from people

i dont see spirits usually but i feel them

i know theyre around sometimes

i used to have a "friend" who i usually didnt pay attention until i was readyto sleep and then it was frightening

its one of the reasons i started drinking heavily when i was younger

i dont like to acknowledge these even now - i respond to indications from the universe itself - THE SPIRIT - but i dont feel comfortable with SPIRITS

maybe its my christian upbringing

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi