Light bubbles dont work

More
8 years 9 months ago #196241 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Light bubbles dont work

Adder wrote: It's like imagination but seems to use the other powers available in your brain/body to drive increases in complexity.

If I had to guess from my experiences with it - you can seemingly use your somatosensory parts of the brain to feel sensation which do not likely exist in those representative areas, the same can be done with the visual cortex (seemingly).

Things like light bubbles etc then are construct's of focus to link up physical sensation with visual parts of the brain - some people call it the third eye perhaps, its not much about seeing images with your eyes shut or just using imagination, its about finding that 'place' of thought which can link physical sensation with spatial thought. It's why it might be called 'energetic' by many - not just because it's felt, but because it seems to provide a greater capacity to drive increased complexity. It's one of the outcomes of enough meditation that this sensitivity can develop in my experience.

I actually started with 'light bubbles', when I invented representing love in prayer as a young Catholic child praying before going to sleep each night... I'd imagine seeing the land from high above and draw spheres of light emanating from those loved ones, I'd grow them and they'd intersect and eventually spread it to encompass the entire planet!! That was all just in my imagination though and it wasn't until I got into lucid dreaming, sports visualization and Buddhist meditation as a teenager that it started to sort of emerge as something practically useful (experientially speaking).

So how are light bubbles useful in 'psychic' terms, I dont know if they are but I guess from my point of view, is that having this capacity means you can also perceive external stimulus in the same way which means one might feel vulnerable, and therefore understanding that as a strength and not a weakness has real benefit for them.

ive enjoyed all of your responses but i had to say this was especially awesome

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196247 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: the position that im coming from is that if youre dealing with someone who has the power to affect you at the karmic level, or to actually cause illness in your body, then you are overmatched

That's apples and oranges to your original point. If a 110 lbs. boxer and a 356 lbs. MMA fighter got into it, and the boxer lost, that doesn't mean boxing is "not real" or useless. It means they were mismatched. That has no bearing on the nature of these "light bubbles."

to the point that there is no energy exercise you can do to change the balance of power...

In 20+ years of occult and esoteric study, I feel like this is patently false. All is will, and the mind can be strengthened through exertion just like the body can.

spell casting is a little different because of the tools involved

No, it isn't. The "tools" involved in spellcasting are mnemonic. They exist solely as shorthand so your mind doesn't have to juggle so many concentrative foci as it would otherwise.

magical items take time and effort (actual behavior and activity) to prepare and to acquire

This is true, but perhaps not for reasons that might seem apparent.

i would say that if youre powerful enough to battle someone elses intent directly, then you dont need the bubble; the power of your intent, your decisions and your focus, would be enough

The "bubble", however, is passive. The subtle subconscious concentration on its upkeep is wholly separate from the active focus of mine necessary for an active defense. That's exactly why people use them, and why they're the first thing taught to newly "awakened" people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
8 years 9 months ago #196248 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Light bubbles dont work
Thank you Steamboat, I'm still very inexperienced with energy work, you're explaining what I only have the feelings for.

My other comment is If someone has the power to hurt me, that does not automatically mean I am outmatched. A child can injure, people unaware of the effects of their intent can injure. An individual still take steps to protect themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 9 months ago #196277 by OB1Shinobi

Gisteron wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: i dont know how many times i have read or heard someone talk about psychic "shields"

usually they are "bubbles" of light that surround the person - white is common, also gold and some kind of purple sometimes - i dunno what else color cause i dont care

theyre not real

I agree. What even is a light "bubble"? There are lightbulbs but those aren't made of light. Light bubbles though? No idea what that even is. Might we be in a place of intellectual curiosity and skepticism here, I wonder? Hmm...

qigong is legit
reiki is legit
energy work is legit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXZoSDUbK8
Then you went on to talk a little about psychological vampires. I thought this would have anything to do with either light bubbles or energy work or anything the post had been about until then, yet by the time you got back to topic it seems you had forgotten what you wrote in the beginning of the post, since now you are saying that light bubbles require concentration to maintain whereas earlier you proposed that they aren't real in the first place... Anyway, moving on to the edit, well in the spirit of consistency. So light bubbles aren't real, but also

they are good for energy work in meditation and visualization
they have applicability

Except they aren't real, right? Right? :unsure:

they just dont "protect" you from anything that could actually hurt you

Nor can anything else mentioned above. Even the "legit" stuff...

and thank you for sharing your thoughts, they are interesting

People are complicated.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196281 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote: i dont know how many times i have read or heard someone talk about psychic "shields"

usually they are "bubbles" of light that surround the person

bubbles of light do not protect anybody from anything

if you ask a friend to throw a rock at you while you stand in your light bubble you will see what i mean

generally the idea is that these bubbles protect from "psychic attack"

i can tell you this; your bubbles will not stop someone who has the knowledge or power to actually affect you with their intent

people who actually cause you to lose power will never even suspect that you have surrounded yourself in a magic bubble to protect yourself from them, and if they somehow found out about it, they would probably laugh at you and take it as proof that you deserve to be manipulated

EDIT

they are good for energy work in meditation and visualization

they have applicability

they just dont "protect" you from anything that could actually hurt you

it seems a recurring event that i say something on an internet forum, someone interprets it a particular way, which i can tell is not consistent with how i mean it, and in the course of my elaboration they seem to think i am backpeddling or contradicting my original position

since my thoughts on this subject are no different now than when i originally posted, i am confident that nothing that i said in my second post here is in contradiction to the ideas i attempted to express in my first post

but since this pattern is repeating with multiple people i accept that the simplest answer is that i am not expressing myself clearly

i am not sure what to do here

i dont have this problem face to face and im not sure why i keep having it online

i have been holding off on my responses to people online lately, and this is one of the reasons (ithe other is that i am like ten times busier than i was a month ago)

@ steamboat - we're probably close to the same age and started energy work around the same time

i stopped doing healings on other people quite a while back

i also never got very attached to items - for me, they arent worth the trouble of having to keep up with them

when you said "the mind can be strengthened just like the body"

i agree

and i even agree that the bubble visualization can help with this

but its cumulative (which is what i said) and imo it is similar to (going along with the boxer analogy) doing a bunch of pushups right before a fight

or using pushups to improve ones punching ability

do push ups improve punches? sure, because they strenghten SOME of what we use to punch (especially knuckle push ups! these things killed me in tkd as a kid and then killed me again in krav as an adult!)

but is doing push ups enough to be goot at punching?
no of course not

and definitely not at the time of the fight

well imo, light bubbles, in the context of "psychic self defense" are very much like that

when i said that energy exercizes will not shift the power balance, i wasnt talking about over the course of some extended period of time; i was referring to right then and there in that moment

and i know this to be basically true - whatever your energy level is right this minute, you have only so mch you can draw from before youre exhausted and have to recharge

there are meditations and exercises we can do to tap into deeper reserves - but each of us has a certain amount and that amount has a limit

thats what i was refering to

i have more to say (i would like to address what i consider the value of the "bubble" exercise especially but also the distinction between items which are strictly mneumonic and those which actually hold power in and of themselves, and the role of belief in energy work such as qigong)

but ive noticed that my posts are also considered by many to be way too wordy (which i may have already done) and i have to finish with this:

apples are (usually brightly colored in some combination of red, green, and yellow) round-ish fruits that grow on trees

they are widely sold as a food source, (thus being a major agricultural crop, which is probably why they are recognised as a state fruit in the usa) and are commonly enjoyed both in their solid and juiced state

typically they are somewhere between the size of a baseball and a softball, and are enjoyed both for their deliciousness and for their health benefits

they have hard, inedible seeds in their centers and are often eaten in small, half moon shaped segments

and except for the expression "apples and oranges" they have absolutely nothing in common with oranges
--

someone said all that to me once and i have been waiting to pass it along for quite a while - this just happened to be my first opportunity

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196288 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: it seems a recurring event that i say something on an internet forum, someone interprets it a particular way, which i can tell is not consistent with how i mean it, and in the course of my elaboration they seem to think i am backpeddling or contradicting my original position

This probably has something to do with you using about fifteen paragraphs to discuss something that should take only a handful of sentences. Between your posting format, refusal to use capital letters, and 97 paragraphs per page, your verbosity can be very difficult to follow at times. As my speech coach used to tell me, you have no control over how people interpret your words at all. The best you can do is give them clearly and concisely in the way most likely to be understood, and hope for the best.

@ steamboat - we're probably close to the same age and started energy work around the same time

The bolded section is entirely inapplicable to the conversation at hand. You don't know me, so you can't guess my age (though you're welcome to try, I'm almost certain you'll get it wrong) unless I've spilled it elsewhere on the Forum outside the Oath thread. Secondly, you don't know when I started energywork. I claimed two decades of experience in study earlier, but that's actual cross-referenced study of multiple systems; not experience performing the actions of energywork, but twenty-four years of in-depth analysis comparing and contrasting many systems found in the world after I was comfortable enough with myself and my abilities to do so.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And through all that, the "light bubbles" you keep saying are ineffective have been my primary line of defense. Always. Why? Because they work. And if they don't work for you, then I hate to tell you this, but you're doing it wrong. Are they perfect? No. Will you still take a beating? Yes. But they help enough that they're a constant on my person and those in my circles.

Just because you think we might be the same age with the same number of years under our belt doesn't make us the same person. I've spent more time teaching this as a primary method of defense for new and weaker practitioners in situations where their sanity (if not their lives) could depend on it than this establishment has existed.

You are perfectly free to your own opinion and no one will tell you otherwise, but do not assume we've been through the same struggles or hold the same stances, and don't tell me I'm wrong when these things have literally saved my soul more than once.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196319 by OB1Shinobi
the value of the bubble is that it helps settle oneself into ones energy and it bolsters ones confidence

as an exercise in visualization it has benefits ; just like every other visualization exercise - you could visualize yourself in a mickey mouse suit and it would have exactly the same effect energetically and mentally

i understand people have been using these forever and no one is going to stop simply because i say something - the fact that people do them doesnt change the fact that they are unecessary

psychic energy is very much like light or sound or radio waves

youre not going to build a wall of radio waves to keep out the other radio waves

you disagree, fine

yes, its what people are taught; excellent

it makes you feel better; great, have fun

never-the-less; a persons durability and energetic fortitude is a result of their birth, nutrition (which is much more than just food btw - people often forget that what we attach our emotions and our thoughts to is also an extremely important type of nutrition - its probably the FOUNDATION of personal nutrition really) behavior and lifestyle, overall physical health, mental development (which is not the same thing as I.Q.), personal discipline, emotional intelligence, and basically what rooster cogburn refers to as "grit"

steamboat28 wrote: ....and why they're the first thing taught to newly "awakened" people.

what exactly is the criteria for being "awake" or being "asleep" ?

are the boundaries clearly defined?

can a person just be "sleepy?" or "dozing off"?

is there such a thing as "insomnia"?

what about "narcolepsy"?

People are complicated.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196320 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote: the value of the bubble is that it helps settle oneself into ones energy

its good for centering and for activationg ones conscious attention

as for a psychic defense, again, mickey mouse works just as well, although i would suggest something like batman or wolverine (more aggressive than mickey mouse)

really though you could probably imagine the starbucks coffee symbol and say "this is my protection"

it would be equally effective

People are complicated.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196321 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: psychic energy is very much like light or sound or radio waves

youre not going to build a wall of radio waves to keep out the other radio waves

Actually, yes you do. That's exactly how it's done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196324 by OB1Shinobi
Kamizu, i understand that "thats how its done"

yes, thats how "its done"

what im saying is that it doesnt actually work

it was mentioned to me that i cannot control how people interperpret what i say

i also cannot control how anyone FEELS about what i say

i am not being rude or disrespectful and i dont mean any offense, i respect this community and the people here, i hope no one misunderstands that (but again i cant control it)

what i am doing my best to get across is that its not necessary, and it doesnt actually make a difference in the way that people think it does

as far as the intent of the energy, you could just as well imagine a nike swoosh and intend that it would protect you

or you could simply intend that you will stay in your own power, follow your own Way, and by staying focused and disciplined that this will be enough (and it will!)

when someone focuses their attention on you, its almost exactly like if they just look at you or think about you or shine a flashlight at you or yell at you

you cant do anything to change the fact that their energy focuses on you or that it interacts with you

wheather you use a deliberately visualized shield or not

whether its set as an unconscious background activation or not

it doesnt matter

its most useful function is as an exercise to enhance visualization ability and to direct your attention to whatever level of energy awareness you may have

like i said, i dont expect anyone to change their opinion or stop doing what they do (even though i did say "STOP" in an earlier post, i am free with my words sometimes and i later realized that some might take that offensively. i understand its not really my place to tell anyone to do or stop doing anything)

---

i dont play basketball much anymore but i did when i was a kid

sometimes when someone would make a shot, someone else would yell at them to distract them

well, while an intentional energetic attack is obviously more serious than this, the essential principal is the same: a persons psychological ability to concentrate on the shot and their physical ability to actually put the ball in the basket is what "protects" them from the "attack" of being yelled at

theres no way to visualize a bubble that will actually stop the sound from reaching them

if they happen to make the shot, they may wellspend the rest of their life advocating the bubble to the nba, but it wasnt really the bubble that did it, it was their own ability to perform under pressue, and thats pretty much what i am saying about the shield

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi