Light bubbles dont work

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196160 by OB1Shinobi
i dont know how many times i have read or heard someone talk about psychic "shields"

usually they are "bubbles" of light that surround the person - white is common, also gold and some kind of purple sometimes - i dunno what else color cause i dont care

theyre not real

qigong is legit
reiki is legit
energy work is legit

but bubbles of light do not protect anybody from anything

i used to believe this stuff too ok, so please dont think im just being a jerk
probably some people here use these and im sure this is not what you want to hear

but if you ask a friend to throw a rock at you while you stand in your light bubble you will see what i mean

generally the idea is that these bubbles protect from "psychic attack"
but what exactly IS a "psychic attack" that these bubbles could prevent?

i can tell you this; your imaginary bubbles will not stop someone who has the knowledge or power to actually affect you with their intent

better "shields" are lifestyle and character choices such as strenuous exercise, losing ego-self importance, taking everything in life as a challenge and an adventure, constantly learning new skills, being forgiving and even nurturing with ones thoughts towards the self and towards others, and consistently following a "path with heart"

these are true "shields" and they are about emotional control and maturity, and physical stamina

they develop us as individuals and help prepare us for stress, hardship, conflict, danger, and loss (the real psychic attacks of life)

also i have repeatedly encountered the idea of using these "bubble shields" to deal with so called "psychic vampires"

again, people who actually cause you to lose power will never even suspect that you have surrounded yourself in a magic bubble to protect yourself from them, and if they somehow found out about it, they would probably laugh at you and take it as proof that you deserve to be manipulated

there is a such a thing as a "psychic vampire" but its not all that supernatural
what they typically do is talk and act in ways that keep your attention focused on them throughout the interaction

at the more severe level they will constantly need your help, your involvement, your attention, your participation for their well being, and will not be attentive to your emotional constitution at all, except to gauge how susceptible you may be at any given moment to their antics

some people do this at a level they arent fully aware of - usually they are draining those around them because their life has reached the point where their activities (behavioral and emotional habits) are draining to themselves and they cannot sustain their own baggage

these people are always the center of their own world and theyre always being treated unjustly by someone or something

often they have self destructive lifestyles
they may have originally had a lot of internal power - but having a lot of internal power is the worst thing that can happen to someone who doesnt know how to channel it in healthy directions

if they know they are manipulative and exploitational then the ONLY way to deal with them is to sever the relationship

people who know that they are playing these games have made their choice and are not going to change because of you "explaining" or "setting an example" or "proving yourself" in any way

in fact, most of the time that is exactly how they keep people in their clutches, because people think they can continue the relationship and it will somehow get better for them

now, if its a work situation (or some situation where you have no choice but to deal with them) then you basically have to sever any pretense at being friends and establish that the relationship is one of mutual "quid pro quo" where you will pay for whatever you get from them and will expect payment for whatever you receive

otherwise they will take and take and take and you will lose and lose and lose

and again, "light bubbles" have nothing to do with anything

they actually are a drain because they require concentration but dont relieve any of the problem

so if youre still doing these; STOP! lol - forget the bubbles and focus on the things that will really strengthen you as an individual

EDIT

they are good for energy work in meditation and visualization
they have applicability
they just dont "protect" you from anything that could actually hurt you

and of course i have to acknowledge that this is all just my opinion and experience, yours may be different

have a nice day

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196163 by
Replied by on topic Light bubbles dont work
So... what's your impetus for posting this, Hunter? Is this like a PSA?

More
8 years 9 months ago #196164 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Light bubbles dont work
i was bored

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196165 by
Replied by on topic Light bubbles dont work
^ Boom. B) And, there it is.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though. It's interesting.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196171 by J. K. Barger
I blew a bubble-gum bubble once. Didn't protect me from my sister's fat hand..

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 9 months ago #196197 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: i dont know how many times i have read or heard someone talk about psychic "shields"

usually they are "bubbles" of light that surround the person - white is common, also gold and some kind of purple sometimes - i dunno what else color cause i dont care

theyre not real

I agree. What even is a light "bubble"? There are lightbulbs but those aren't made of light. Light bubbles though? No idea what that even is. Might we be in a place of intellectual curiosity and skepticism here, I wonder? Hmm...

qigong is legit
reiki is legit
energy work is legit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXZoSDUbK8
Then you went on to talk a little about psychological vampires. I thought this would have anything to do with either light bubbles or energy work or anything the post had been about until then, yet by the time you got back to topic it seems you had forgotten what you wrote in the beginning of the post, since now you are saying that light bubbles require concentration to maintain whereas earlier you proposed that they aren't real in the first place... Anyway, moving on to the edit, well in the spirit of consistency. So light bubbles aren't real, but also

they are good for energy work in meditation and visualization
they have applicability

Except they aren't real, right? Right? :unsure:

they just dont "protect" you from anything that could actually hurt you

Nor can anything else mentioned above. Even the "legit" stuff...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196199 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Light bubbles dont work
It's like imagination but seems to use the other powers available in your brain/body to drive increases in complexity.

If I had to guess from my experiences with it - you can seemingly use your somatosensory parts of the brain to feel sensation which do not likely exist in those representative areas, the same can be done with the visual cortex (seemingly).

Things like light bubbles etc then are construct's of focus to link up physical sensation with visual parts of the brain - some people call it the third eye perhaps, its not much about seeing images with your eyes shut or just using imagination, its about finding that 'place' of thought which can link physical sensation with spatial thought. It's why it might be called 'energetic' by many - not just because it's felt, but because it seems to provide a greater capacity to drive increased complexity. It's one of the outcomes of enough meditation that this sensitivity can develop in my experience.

I actually started with 'light bubbles', when I invented representing love in prayer as a young Catholic child praying before going to sleep each night... I'd imagine seeing the land from high above and draw spheres of light emanating from those loved ones, I'd grow them and they'd intersect and eventually spread it to encompass the entire planet!! That was all just in my imagination though and it wasn't until I got into lucid dreaming, sports visualization and Buddhist meditation as a teenager that it started to sort of emerge as something practically useful (experientially speaking).

So how are light bubbles useful in 'psychic' terms, I dont know if they are but I guess from my point of view, is that having this capacity means you can also perceive external stimulus in the same way which means one might feel vulnerable, and therefore understanding that as a strength and not a weakness has real benefit for them.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kit

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196218 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Light bubbles dont work

OB1Shinobi wrote: i dont know how many times i have read or heard someone talk about psychic "shields"

theyre not real...but bubbles of light do not protect anybody from anything

Actually one of the tenets/mechanics of all modern forms of magick (one that magick shares with all forms of energy manipulation, including qigong and reiki) is that the energy of the subtle body is moved through the will of the mind. The will of the mind is based in either knowledge or belief, and when that knowledge is factual or the belief strong enough, the mind moves the energy in the manner in which it is told, and that energy does as it is asked, regardless of whether or not it is "not real."

What this means is that if a person uses a "psychic shield" to protect them from another's non-physical meddling, and they believe it will work, then according to the same "science" that makes qigong "legit", it will work.

You can't negate one without tossing out the other unless you've spent a long time studying both.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kit

More
8 years 9 months ago #196222 by J. K. Barger
"... All is Mind..."

Definitely going to echo Steamboat on that one. Symbology and imagery are the levers to actualize Will through the body. Doing my own work with Tummo/Chandali/Kundalini, it is interesting to see how the mind and body interact.

Try it on for size fellas- you can't knock it 'till you try it ;)

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196233 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Light bubbles dont work
thank you all for your responses

the position that im coming from is that if youre dealing with someone who has the power to affect you at the karmic level, or to actually cause illness in your body, then you are overmatched

to the point that there is no energy exercise you can do to change the balance of power, because these sorts of exercises to not really increase your power - except very slowly and cumulatively

these sorts of exercises help develop concentration and yes they can be used as symbols to focus intent, but the real aim imo is to develop intent to the point that it is direct, without need of symbols or visualizations

spell casting is a little different because of the tools involved

magical items take time and effort (actual behavior and activity) to prepare and to acquire

in some really excellent cases they will have generations of power and practice already attached to them

(about the mind-body connection; WHAT YOU DO WITH AND TO YOUR BODY ON AN EVERY DAY BASIS is extremely important when it comes to the power and influence of your mind)

at the level of personal power, more specifically a battle of power against another human being

i would say that if youre powerful enough to battle someone elses intent directly, then you dont need the bubble; the power of your intent, your decisions and your focus, would be enough

and if youre not powerful enough to do that then the bubbles wont do too much to help you

it would be like saying "this guy is bigger and stronger and i dont want him to beat me up"

and then go and agree to a boxing match with him

what you need to do is get away and get stronger

empower yourself through your behavior, lifestyle, decisions, nutrition, attitude and outlook

these things are far more energetically powerful than visualizations; these create much of the foundation from which our visualizations derive their power

we use the power we have to empower our visualizations

so if we are not powerful then neither are our visualizations

theres no way around it - if you want power you have to control your life and your thinking and your emotional volatility

if you do that you wont need bubbles
and if you dont they wont do any good

this is all in relation to "psychic self defense"

for healing its different

in general its just a lot easier to introduce an energy to someone or something than it is to stop an energy from being introduced

and again, this is only one persons experience, your results may vary

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi