Addiction Check-In Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200576 by
Replied by on topic Re:Addiction Check-In Thread
I'm a food addict. Diet has been the least disciplined area of my life for as long as I can remember. I consistently can't say no to fried foods, fast food, anything with bacon, snack foods, pizza, donuts, etc.
I'm 6'6" tall and have weighed as much as 341, though I'm currently 296. I get a surprising amount of exercise and am mobile all day - usually walking a minimum of 7 miles for my job.
For my personal growth, I must achieve more discipline around my diet. I'm going to start checking in here regularly with what I've eaten for the day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #200665 by Whyte Horse

toft wrote: I'm a food addict. Diet has been the least disciplined area of my life for as long as I can remember. I consistently can't say no to fried foods, fast food, anything with bacon, snack foods, pizza, donuts, etc.
I'm 6'6" tall and have weighed as much as 341, though I'm currently 296. I get a surprising amount of exercise and am mobile all day - usually walking a minimum of 7 miles for my job.
For my personal growth, I must achieve more discipline around my diet. I'm going to start checking in here regularly with what I've eaten for the day.

I have(er had) the same problem. My body wants fat so I give it fat and then it's all cool for a day or so. I usually eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and then my body is happy and it wants fruit and veggies or even meat(protein) by lunchtime. It's important to separate the ingredients of foods so that we can recognize what our bodies want. A McDonalds big mac isn't separated. Bacon is separated. Anything that comes in a box or can will deceive your body and give you unwanted calories. Skim milk and "fat free" foods are the worst for dieting. They starve you of what you want and give you fattening stuff while leaving you craving something you'll never get from them. Very profitable for food companies, btw.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 7 months ago #200666 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Addiction Check-In Thread
Struggled most of my life with this issue. It wasn't until this last four months that I really got active and started eating right, working out, studying nutrition and really thinking the way I live my life. I was 272 lbs. when I started today I have lost 54 lbs. 4 inches off my waist and feel much better about myself and still losing. My suggestion to you is a few things:

1. Avoid high Carb foods (Do not eliminate them but, restrict them!)
2. Go to the Gym 5-6 days a week at least an hour Strength training followed by 30 mins to 60 mins of cardio.
3. Drink gallon to gallon and half of water each day.
4. Avoid fast food (I didn't say you couldn't have it once in awhile but, don't get crazy about it)
5. Eat lean protein (6 oz. each meal) helps stabilize your weight loss.

MTFBWY

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200747 by
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I did pretty good today. Protein bar for breakfast. Grilled chicken for lunch. And some avocados and hummus for dinner. Not great but nothing fried and no snacks in between.
1 day down. A lifetime to go.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #200748 by

toft wrote: Thank you for the words of encouragement. I did pretty good today. Protein bar for breakfast. Grilled chicken for lunch. And some avocados and hummus for dinner. Not great but nothing fried and no snacks in between.
1 day down. A lifetime to go.

1 day down. Tomorrow, another day down, or not. Taking it one day at a time is the only way to avoid becoming overwhelmed by what seems like the enormity of simply continuing to do what you've already proved you can accomplish. :cheer:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200891 by
Another successful day in the books.

More
8 years 7 months ago #201165 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Addiction Check-In Thread
I think I am borderline alcoholic. I didn't think I was that bad until last night when I told myself I needed a night off to recover, and then convinced myself I could have one, and then without much thought I poured another...

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201203 by
Replied by on topic Addiction Check-In Thread
I slipped back into smoking a few months ago as I was facing homelessness and joblessness. :dry:

I don't have date set for when I plan to quit, but I intend to set one for shortly after I take the GRE .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201210 by
Replied by on topic Addiction Check-In Thread
I have been reading Mindful Eating, a book that is teaching me how to redefine my relationship with food. For a meal that normally takes me 12 minutes to eat, I made it through in 45. Extending eating time left 4/5ths of the fries on my plate, and only half of my diet soda (where normally I have 2-3 sodas). The best part is that, in contrast to many drugs, I am allowed to eat whatever I want. I had 100 calories of fries where normally I might have 1500 in one meal.

More
8 years 7 months ago #201215 by PatrickB
Replied by PatrickB on topic Addiction Check-In Thread
Me every beginning of the month I buy many junk food and I eat it all in 1 week in haft but it was suppose to be for the whole month . But for the rest of the 3 weeks I have almost none . of course I go to the corner store to get some desert and then I run out of money . I wonder why . :sick:

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi