To the Fatty on the Track

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 10 months ago #193085 by ren
Replied by ren on topic To the Fatty on the Track
"baking soda" is sodium bicarbonate, and as the name suggests, it's high in sodium. Only people on a very tightly controlled diet can possibly benefit from it, and then again it could only possibly be in small quantities, and the people in question would be athletes under the supervision of a doctor. Most people (including the fat ones who need a machine to breathe at night) do not need such a strong acidity regulator. You're better off using it as a fire extinguisher or to clean the toilet.

Swimming is an excellent way of building lean muscle. Eat fruit/veg/meats. Need to bulk up? Farmers use steroids on their livestock. You could add weights to that. Thing is though, fat people already are quite strong, and already burn more calories than their slimmer counterparts in everyday activities. A 70 kg guy lifting 20kg weights on barbell squats is doing a significantly weaker workout than a 120kg fatty doing plain squats.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193668 by
Replied by on topic To the Fatty on the Track
I just want to mention that I really think we should admire those people who are over weight running on the track, because not only are they working hard to lose weight. Their body is actively fighting them while they do it. I am not sure if anyone has kept up with the latest advances in science of weight loss, but it turns out that after you lose a certain amount of weight your body actually causes you to crave the foods that make you gain weight even more then you did before and even worse your body then causes you to burn [em] less [/em] not more calories for the same work out. Studies have shown that these effects are still present after a full year since the weight was lost. These factors are part of the reason that people lose weight and then promptly gain it back.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi