Healing help and suggestions.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190797 by
My wife and I have been working on some of this for a while. She is an Earth element and a green thumb, so she loves growing things. We have taken up herbology and alchemy, the health restoring type, not the transmuting lead into gold old school stuff. We have also started blending essential oils for massaging and aroma therapy. But I am at a cross roads and am seeking help. I know many people within the Temple have and use the healing arts of various types. I know a few myself including the ones previously mentioned.

I recently went into the hospital for a liver abscess and a kidney issue. The abscess is healed and gone, though they still have me on antibiotics. The kidney issue was a little larger than they first imagined. Basically the top part of my kidney was not draining to the bottom. This occurred due to scar tissue covering up the hole that drains it due to having a large kidney stone broken up a few years ago. They had to put a drainage tube in my back until they could take care of the kidney. The first tube wasn't so bad. It hurt like hell but was tolerable. They performed the operation for my kidney last Thursday. They had to blow up and expand the tube in my back to get a large wire into my kidney and poke a hole through the scar tissue because it was so thick. This, unfortunately, was worst case scenario action. They put a large stint in my kidney so it will drain and kept the larger tube in my back. It has been 4 days and I can still barely get around.

I am having difficulty sleeping, even with the pain meds and I am trying to push time between taking of the meds but it's not working too well. The healing salves and things we have tried do nothing for me.

Does anyone know of anything that can help or reduce the healing time for this without causing further stress on the liver?

Thank you, friends. MTFBWY.

-Silver

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190832 by
Replied by on topic Healing help and suggestions.
That is really awful for you. I can only make a small recommendation. I know that being in pain slows down the healing process, so I would suggest finding a position you are most comfortable in and meditate on healing for as much time in the day as you are allowed.

Breath
Focus
Intention

I hope you get better soon. MTFBWY

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190833 by Cyan Sarden
I second what Lahush said - meditation might help a bit. Look for the following on Amazon.com: mindfulness meditation for pain relief by Jon Kabat-Zinn. The guy isn't a quack.

If you're able to leave the house, you could also look into acupuncture, there are some studies that attest to its effectiveness for pain relief (pretty much the only thing where there is some non-esoteric scientific proof when it comes to acupuncture).

Other than that, I can only wish you a speedy recovery. I'm sick myself, home with a 10cm open wound on my butt. Had surgery twice already and might need another round this week. Harmless compared to your condition - I'm only mentioning it because sometimes, knowing that others feel shitty as well makes things better, for whatever reason :-/

May the Force be with you!

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190837 by
Along with the suggested meditation, I would encourage you to take the pain meds as prescribed. This is a time when you should take them. You need to sleep & rest comfortably. Pain causes stress and stress slows healing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190844 by
Thank you all very much. I have been working on meditation. The pain starts to override the meditation within 15-20 minutes.

Cyan, I wish you a speedy recovery too my friend. I do not like to see others in pain.

Janice, that is what I'm doing for now. Rest and delax.

Thanks again and MTFBWY.

-Randall

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi