Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #186496 by
Replied by on topic Meditation tips
Sounds about right! :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186569 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Meditation tips

steamboat28 wrote: Rid your mind of any "empty head" nonsense you may have heard, and just be aware.

Nonsense!!! My heads empty often and your right it is non-sense :lol:

Perhaps better put, it could be the first step to being better able to focus on the 'mindstream' is just to observe it, but then for many later on it becomes second nature to work with it easily from emptiness to focused and back again as required - of course it cannot be empty, its just less detached and errant. Large chunks of Vajrayana are dedicated to 'cutting off' the mindstream to go deeper and deeper, perhaps better phrased as truer and truer or more 'now'!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%B6d

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago #193633 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Meditation tips
I'm a little late to the party.
I find that meditating while laying down before I sleep improves my day drastically and helps me sleep much more soundly.
I find it odd that many people will stress the importance of posture and sitting while laying down works just as well. I have done both and see no real difference.

More
8 years 10 months ago #193663 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Re:Meditation tips

TheDude wrote: I'm a little late to the party.
I find that meditating while laying down before I sleep improves my day drastically and helps me sleep much more soundly.
I find it odd that many people will stress the importance of posture and sitting while laying down works just as well. I have done both and see no real difference.

Posture and sitting serves the purpose of not falling asleep while meditating - if you can stay alert and concentrated while lying down, there is absolutely no problem meditating in this position!

I can't - if I meditate while lying down, I'm out within minutes, so I personally choose the sitting version :-)

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193729 by
Replied by on topic Meditation tips
Hey guys, I am a new soon-to-be padawan here, I have a question.

I have been using cannabis as a meditation tool for about 6 years now, (daily) and before I am initiated I was wondering if this is against the Jedi Code? What is the Jedi's opinion on cannabis.

Thanks,
Jaden

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193761 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Meditation tips

Jaden Frost wrote: Hey guys, I am a new soon-to-be padawan here, I have a question.

I have been using cannabis as a meditation tool for about 6 years now, (daily) and before I am initiated I was wondering if this is against the Jedi Code? What is the Jedi's opinion on cannabis.

Thanks,
Jaden

it is ultimately a matter of personal choice, we nether support nor discourage it. I do believe it is best you check with the local laws, United States is rather fickel about the whole thing. Quite a few states are decriminalizing it for medical and recreation use, but ultimately it is still considered illegal on the federal level...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 10 months ago #193770 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Re:Meditation tips

Cyan Sarden wrote:

TheDude wrote: I'm a little late to the party.

Posture and sitting serves the purpose of not falling asleep while meditating - if you can stay alert and concentrated while lying down, there is absolutely no problem meditating in this position!

I can't - if I meditate while lying down, I'm out within minutes, so I personally choose the sitting version :-)

I have a lot of trouble falling asleep and can meditate for 30 minutes to an hour while lying down. While sitting, I find it much harder to keep concentration for more than 15 minutes. I can't imagine how hard it would be if I were to fall asleep each time I try it!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi