'Mo'vember

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #162891 by
'Mo'vember was created by
I'm sure that many here are familiar with the phrase 'no shave November' but how many are familiar with it's cancer fighting counter part 'Movember'? Movember is a combination of the words 'mustache' and 'november.'

Movember is where men grow mustaches to raise awareness for men's cancer. Unlike no shave november, Movember's rules state that you must grow only a mustache (the hair cannot touch your sideburns or chin). There's a lot more to it but that's the gist.

I was introduced to Movember at my last job and have participated every year since (except for last year due to odd personal circumstances).People can participate individually or as teams. I thought that it might be kind of cool to have a Jedi team.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #162901 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Re:Re: 'Mo'vember
Warning: Spoiler!

Darn. Disqualified already.

But seriously, anything to raise awareness, support, and money for a good cause is an awesome thing. I like the idea, though I may not personally reshape my face-fur for this particular endeavor.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #204906 by
Replied by on topic 'Mo'vember
Bump!

I'm participating in Movember again. It's a pretty simple way to spread awareness and raise some money for things like testicular and prostate cancer. I know that people here are always looking for ways to do some charity and this is one that I really like.

Side note, this year I'm making even more of a personal sacrifice as earlier this year I grew a pretty handsome beard and am shaving it to comply with Movember's rules. My fiance is not the happiest with me losing the beard. :lol:

More
8 years 5 months ago #204909 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic 'Mo'vember
I participated back in 2010 but for obvious reasons will not be doing so again in the near future . . . :lol:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Goken - if you post your fundraising link when you have it I'll happily sponsor you!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #204910 by
Thank you Loudzoo. :cheer:

I'll PM it to you later. I wouldn't feel right posting it publicly here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #204913 by
I don't think anyone wants to see me trying grow any facial hair. My facial hair is so thin that instead of looking like a cool bearded guy just look , quite literally, like a mangy dog. :laugh:

More
8 years 5 months ago #204915 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic 'Mo'vember
No shave november (well to fall into regulation it would properly be called Movember lol) was always a big thing at my last squadron. I tried it every year. Never did win any of the awards... :dry: :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi