• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago #161621 by Brenna

Aqua wrote:
I try to be aware with all little things, gives me a very happy feeling of being alive

This really stood out for me, not just because its a great sentiment, but its also exactly how I feel about certain foods when im eating mindfully.

When I was in the states I was introduced to those reeses peanut butter things. I ate a whole bag. Delicious, but heavens I felt ill afterwards. I know that if I had eaten them slowly and mindfully I probably wouldn't have made it through more than two or three. But at the risk of sounding a bit crazy, there was no life in them.

Without getting too "circle of life" on everything, real food feels like it has life, and it makes me happy. That I think is the biggest difference I've noticed.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #161622 by Garwa Mayharr
I always eat in mindful manner... however to me mindful eating is being thankful for our food and understanding the processes it took to get to you. ... I don't eat just to eat, i feel that its a waste of the energy that the food provides... and I try not to eat processed foods .... but it is always nice to have food that tastes heavenly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #161651 by
I try to eat mindfully most of the time and I really appreciate the difference it makes to the whole experience. I consider it a form of meditation and a means of appreciation and respect for the life that was given by what I consume and the effort of the person who prepared it for me if not myself. I enjoy food from many different cultures and I like to listen to music from that culture when preparing and eating it. I find this adds to the whole mindful experience! Many people over eat because they don't eat mindfully but rather just shovel the food in on autopilot. Biggest cause of a lack of mindfulness when eating is the TV and I would encourage everyone to try to at least eat their main meals without it's distraction.

More
9 years 6 months ago #161664 by Whyte Horse
Dude, eating mindfully means to know where your food comes from. I just ate some random pork ribs from a big box store and then I had diarrhea for the next 12 hrs. I haven't had diarrhea for like 6 months - when I ate at Taco Bell. I actually have a rule that it's OK to eat at Taco Bell if I already have diarrhea, hehe. So mindful eating swings both ways. If you're already suffering then there's no harm in eating garbage but if not, then just go with the normal food.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
9 years 6 months ago #161706 by Carlos.Martinez3
whyte horse.... not the intention i had in mind but it works, lol good on you for looking thru other spectacles lol glad we have people in the temple with a sense of humor thanks bro thats actually gunna make me smile all day !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167293 by
I just tried eating mindfully (the version where you pay specific attention while eating. How does it tast, smell, look, feel, how does it make you feel, etc.) for the first time. Holy cow!!!!

The experience was amazing. I had a BLT and fries from the cafeteria where I work (not exactly health food. lol). I never really noticed how diverse a BLT is. Such a combination of flavors and textures. Even the fries amazed me with how crunchy the outside was and how fluffy the inside was.

As I suspected it slowed down my eating quite a bit. Once I was finished with the sandwich and about half the fries I decided to go back to eating normally and was looking at my phone, yadda yadda yadda. The fries just disappeared. Didn't even really notice. Felt like a waste in comparisson.

I am doing that more often. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167294 by
My first time of Mindful eatting was with Ramen noodles + Mix veggies :laugh: Pretty Awesome ^_^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167697 by
I started a journey over a year ago to eat better. Eating mindfully was part of it. I found it amazing at the crap we stuff into our bodies without a second thought. Along with paying attenion to the moment of consumption I started reading labels. At first I was like OK it has all this crap in it... then I started thinking... wow I have all this crap in me.
So I changed my intake. I have not had a sugar drink in over a year and I must say it has had the biggest effect on my enjoyment of food. I can taste so much more. I also have my "hunger" under control. I do not have food cravings and if I have a hunger pain it is because my body if running low on fuel! :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi