• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #161459 by Brenna
In my journal I talked about experimenting with eating mindfully, Connor had this to add

Mindful eating is one of the coolest things I've EVER done. Especially at an exotic restaurant where I'm paying a shitton of money for my food. It can be orgasmic! I mean, think about it... you can make your sense of sight see the most beautiful colors/women/men and go crazy. You can smell amazing aromas and feel so content. You can feel sex and be completely overwhelmed with emotion and satisfaction (except with my ex... ;) ). You can even hear the most amazing music and be encapsulated in its swarming beauty.

There is no reason that food cannot be the same way. We can make a lot of our meals orgasmic if we teach ourselves to eat for quality

I was wondering about this, especially the last line. I am very visually orientated and it plays a big part in my diet. Im drawn to food that is beautiful and vibrantly coloured. Like this... todays breakfast.

Attachment hed8081d.JPG not found

And in my few experiments with eating mindfully, I find the experience of eating certain foods, more interesting and fulfilling than others, and interestingly, its been raw veg and fruit in particular thats done it ( i think its the springy crunchiness :D ) . How do you think your food preferences might change (or have they) from eating mindfully?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #161468 by
I am vegetarian my whole live, guess I have always eaten mindfully so I think it is a part of who I am. Healthy means for me no alcohol, no smokes and no fast food.. The best diet is the diet that you persevere!

My favourite fruit is the Diospyros kaki , or just Kaki, it is a Japanese fruit and it is delicious sweet. :side:
Edit: Kaki fruit can grow without having seeds inside, depends on the pollination. :woohoo:

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #161469 by Brenna

Aqua wrote: I am vegetarian my whole live, guess I have always eaten mindfully so I think it is a part of who I am. Healthy means for me no alcohol, no smokes and no fast food.. The best diet is the diet that you persevere!

When you say mindfully, do you mean in regards to the ethical considerations of eating vegetarian, or do you mean the "in the moment" experience of paying attention to the food itself? Its taste, texture, the interaction of the food and your teeth/tongue, differing flavors as you chew etc...

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 6 months ago #161511 by Amaya
I found concentrating on the food I eat, experiencing it fully changed the amount I ate not being distracted, I could listen to my body saying enough. And I tried different foods because of the texture, although works better with raw foods like carrots, onions, I used to say I hated salads and vegitarian foods, but having tried them again and made them with different textures and colors I find I enjoy them, visually as well as taste.
Eating mindfully made a big difference to me and I do it with the kids as well.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
9 years 6 months ago #161533 by J_Roz
I love cooking and preparing food. Hate the cleanup after... ;) Seriously though, good food isn't cheap nor is it easy. I try to spend a lot of time actually working with basic ingredients and making things from scratch. Even cake is amazing when done completely from scratch. I think it also makes me really appreciate what goes into actual food preparation. I'm also an avid hunter and include wild game in the diet as much as possible. Very healthy lean meats are excellent sources of protein. (not for everyone, its cool ;p) I usually grow a huge garden, and I was the first one in our city to legally have backyard chickens for egg production. This year was the first year since living here I did not put in a garden. We have our house up for sale and as soon as we can move into the country I will raise natural beef and lamb along with poultry too.

Our diet is huge, and one of the reasons the USA is in a global health crisis. Enjoying each and every bite is a great way to stay connected to your food and therefore your body.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #161571 by
I raise chickens and donate the eggs to people in need. My project has grown. I now have 50 chickens and produce almost a dozen eggs a day. The taste of home grown chicken and eggs are so much better than store bought.

I just started goats this year, and now have five. Gave birth with one and now have fresh goat milk to drink, make soap and other things with it. Next year I think I will add Bees to my journey/experiment.

My fresh home garden is wonderful and am installing solar and wind. I am try to lessen my footprint and so far it is working well. I raise/grow more than I need and so donate the excess to people in need in my area. Rewarding in so many ways!

Anyway not to go too far off the topic, garland is an eye appeal for the presentation of the food so your sight sense can enjoy the meal as well. To enhance the taste sense try eating blind folded. It amazes me how sight can change the taste of the food.

If we slow down and appreciate every bite for all of its senses we will also find we get full by slowing down the rate of consumption and find we do not eat as big of a portion that we once did. I also like to cleanse my palette between different foods to better appreciate each item.

More
9 years 6 months ago #161573 by Carlos.Martinez3
If i may add...
There is an old saying, Garbage in Garbage out.
What we put in will come out, do not be expected to receive benefits from things you place in that are harmful. With anything ...if you put a snake in a box dont expect a fairy to fly out...expect a snake. same things with our hearts and minds, if we fill our heads with trash...aka tv and useless info.... thats whats gunna come out. If we fill our hearts with false hope, thats what comes out...place good things in us...fill us with treasures and what you get out...is treasure.
Hope this helps friend...may the FORCE guide you in your decision.
Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brenna, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #161581 by
Anyone ever see the 2011 movie Perfect Sense? This topic made me think of that movie.

More
9 years 6 months ago #161587 by Edan

Karn wrote: Anyone ever see the 2011 movie Perfect Sense? This topic made me think of that movie.

I recorded that film and watched it all but the last 15 minutes because it was so heart wrenching near the end :(

That said, I totally understand... when they lose taste they concentrate on texture..

I have been eating much more mindfully recently, but it made me realise that there is a lot of food I eat I am actually not that keen on. I am not a fan of raw veg (even when eating mindfully) but it has caused me to eat a lot more fruit which I now look forward to instead of just thinking 'I need to eat this'.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #161592 by

Brenna wrote:

Aqua wrote: I am vegetarian my whole live, guess I have always eaten mindfully so I think it is a part of who I am. Healthy means for me no alcohol, no smokes and no fast food.. The best diet is the diet that you persevere!

When you say mindfully, do you mean in regards to the ethical considerations of eating vegetarian, or do you mean the "in the moment" experience of paying attention to the food itself? Its taste, texture, the interaction of the food and your teeth/tongue, differing flavors as you chew etc...

Guess a bit of both :) I love taste, texture, the feeling, flavors and all the lovely things of food, but I am also aware of what I eat ;) It is not only with the food when I feel what is happening to me, simple things like the touch when walking on bare feet, or the pressure when I sit in a chair..
I try to be aware with all little things, gives me a very happy feeling of being alive, I like your thread, giving attention to the small pleasures in life that makes it beautiful. ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi