HAPPINESS

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160789 by
HAPPINESS was created by
Greetings Each Bows

I have copied a few items here and added my own thoughts. Hope you like it. It has helped me when my PTSD has a pop at taking over my existence :)

A common goal in life (I would hope) is probably happiness. This is a tricky situation because happiness isn’t just one state of being, it’s within the mind, the self. It’s the ability to take what life has given you and to personalize it in a way that benefits you. If you work at happiness, maybe (just maybe), you will find something that satisfies you temporarily. Honestly, happiness is simply a by-product of living a loving, meaningful life.

I do not think there is a guide, rules, or manual that will teach anyone how to live a “happy” life. There is advice, however, that can teach you how to approach certain situations to gain the best result.

“Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.” – Anonymous

True happiness comes from surrounding yourself with people whom you love and love you in return. If the people you surround yourself with are bringing you down, then you should avoid them. You should eliminate the negative in your life, you will be that much happier. Why would you choose to spend time with people that are holding you back when you can surround yourself with people that can elevate you?

One of the biggest challenges in life is learning to accept people for who they truly are. Once you realize that your expectations cannot change people, the better off you will be. The problem will arise when the expectations do not materialize. If you find that you are going out of your way much more than the people you surround yourself with, it may be time to make some adjustments.

I may suffer with PTSD but I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. Misery, torment unhappiness, sadness even fear are only born out of our own perceptions. Some of these feelings are thoughts and therefore not fact.

It can be so hard to make real progress in life when you are stumbling over old hurdles. Looking at your immediate surroundings and finding there is something that is not bringing value and meaning to your life, then get rid of it. Do not feel obligated to hold on to something that is only making you miserable. You owe it to yourself to lead the best possible existence you can muster up.

You, and only you, are in control of your happiness and when you choose to expand your mind and to focus on the good, you will be happier. Obviously it is different for everyone we are all unique, but once you stop looking for excuses as to why you cannot be happy, you will find so many reasons as to why you can. People make these justifications to prevent themselves from achieving greatness. This is a horrible mistake to make in life because all you are doing is sabotaging yourself.

“I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.” - Louise Hay

Everything you experience throughout the course of your life is unique to you, since your perception is what is shaping your reality. Expectation in others can lead to misgivings. I think this is because you falsely assumed someone’s behaviour would match your expectations. What happens when you realize the complete and utter error of your ways? You grow increasingly upset because you cannot wrap your mind around why someone would behave in this manner. That’s because you could never do something like that, so it’s difficult to understand the reasoning behind someone else’s actions. That is their way and you cannot police everyone.

You can do things that will make you happy in the sense by gauging a situation. If circumstances will upset you, then you need to avoid them; actively realize what brings you joy and what brings you sadness. This is a way to ensure a happy existence. There is virtually no simpler way to recognize this. Something either brings you pain or pleasure and the things that bring you pleasure are what you should dedicate your time to.

“The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.” -Marjorie Pay Hinckley.

Focusing on the present moment is crucial; if you spend your time wallowing in the past or worrying about the future, you are only going to stress yourself out. Actively engage yourself in what you are currently doing and immerse yourself fully. Appreciate the fact that you are able to do whatever it is you are doing and realize how fortunate you are in shaping your own life.

“Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” – Thomas Jefferson

Learn to depend on yourself rather than others to bring you fulfillment. Only once you are happy on your own, can you hope to share your happiness with others. If you don’t, your unhappiness will resurface and manifest itself in destructive ways. You cannot hope to have any sort of successful relationship, whether it’s in the platonic sense, romantic sense or business sense. If you aren’t comfortable with yourself, how do you ever expect any relationship to flourish?

I always use the saying. Do not search for happiness all you will become is very good at searching. Practice being happy and you will be 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160864 by
Replied by on topic HAPPINESS
I wish you great strength in overcoming your traumas, i have faith in you that you will.

For me i have the strange ability to be happy about little things, wind blowing in my face, even rain. The smallest of a sunray touching my skin.
This i cant teach you ..alas..
But if i must trust my friends i have a nack for sharing my happyness.

If you ever want to talk about anything, send me a pm.
I am here for you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160921 by
Greetings Doomeniek Bows

Thank you for your kind words. I have plenty of calming and helpful tasks to keep a fine balance. I have work very hard at it sometimes but as you say sometimes the smallest of things can bring a smile to a face. One only has to look. A reflection is a dew drop, the buzz of a bee etc. These are all gifts which a free to use :)

It is the calming and clearing of the mind that can be an effort :) .

I was looking at a short clip which was very good called 'What about me'

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160993 by
Greetings Each Bows

Some more :)

The Magic Of Positive Thinking/The Power Of The Subconscious Mind

The magic of positive thinking is real. Adopting behaviours like positive self talk and daily positive affirmations can change the brain's structure and ultimately influence the subconscious mind.

So how does the power of positive thinking work its magic in your mind? Together, the conscious and subconscious minds direct the show that is your life. So altering their function will lead to new and different ways of being. Let's begin with a few definitions:

The Subconscious Mind: It's worth noting that the "subconscious mind" I'm speaking of, is what Freud called the "unconscious mind". There is no subconscious mind in psychoanalysis. It is more of a new age, self development term.

So when referring to the subconscious mind, I'm talking about that part of the mind that stores feelings, perceptions, complexes, beliefs and desires that are all outside of our conscious awareness, yet have a powerful influence over the actions and behaviours we take in every moment.

The unconscious mind is associated with the dreaming, reflecting, meditating and sleeping state. It is intuitive, easily making associations and connections between thoughts, ideas and feelings. It does your perceiving and feeling.

The Conscious Mind: The conscious mind is the antithesis of the subconscious mind. It does all of your intellectual thinking.

It's the part of your mind responsible for your self-talk, the endless stream of mind chatter that can on occasion almost send you crazy. The conscious mind likes logical order and sequential information. It likes things to make sense, to have reason. At any one time, the conscious mind can manage awareness of about seven or eight bits of information.

The Magic Of Positive Thinking: The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind

While we like to think we have conscious control over what we attract, what we do in life, and how we behave, the truth is, the subconscious has most of the control. So when you aren't attracting what you want in life, it's an indication that unconsciously you have low expectations for yourself. Even if on a conscious level you make every effort to achieve something, unless your unconscious carries synergistic expectations, then it will be difficult to achieve.

The Magic Of Positive Thinking: Programming The Subconscious Mind

Information is received by the subconscious mind from the conscious mind. Your conscious mind perceives the world through your senses. It then attaches a judgment to these thoughts that creates a feeling. The feeling is then lodged into your unconscious mind as a belief.

Since all of your unconscious beliefs were first conscious thoughts, it stands to reason that you can change or reprogram your subconscious mind by actively adopting new thinking. This is where the magic of positive thinking comes into play!

Using The Magic Of Positive Thinking To Impact Your Life

Become aware of your negative programming and beliefs. For example, perhaps growing up you were teased (as so many kids are) about a facial feature or your sports ability. And now, no matter what you do, you cannot see yourself as anything but ugly or anything but a klutz. In each of these cases, the negative beliefs you want to reprogram are "I am ugly" and "I am a klutz".

Activate the power of positive thinking: start feeding your conscious mind with new beliefs. At this stage, it's not important that you agree with your new belief, what's important is that it's motivating to you and you'd like to believe it to be true. So in each case, the new beliefs you would want to instill in yourself are "I am truly beautiful, inside and out" and "I am good at sports/I am comfortable in my body".

Continue feeding your mind stimulus that aligns with these statements. Meditation (especially binaural brain beat meditations and hypnosis are like super vitamins at this.) They help you achieve a relaxed state where its much easier to accept and integrate positive self talk. You can also incorporate positive daily affirmations and visualization exercises to help make change more rapid. Overtime, as you keep feeding yourself new positive stimulus the negative thoughts you've become so used to hearing will become quieter. Through repeated exposure to your new beliefs, you will start to change your perception of yourself in these areas. At first you'll notice the change in small things. Perhaps you'll decide to take up a sport or if you're belief was that you are ugly, perhaps you'll notice that you suddenly feel more sexy and confident and you might start to dress differently to reflect this.

The main point to remember is that you can practice the magic of positive thinking in your life by controlling what thoughts you focus on. It's not an over claim to say that positive thinking is one of the best self help solutions available. It can do wonders for your life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #161281 by
quite a scientific approach, good piece of lecture my friend.
I dont know how i do it but i just do :) <--- look at it, this is happiness!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #161337 by
Greetings Bows

If one just practices being happy one will be happy. I also think w should confront the the things that make us unhappyand any inner demons, after all , it is only the self we are looking at .

I had to do two exercises quite some time ago one was 'The Cave' which you enter on your own and you must confront your fears and be honest . It was difficult be the reward was pretty good.

The second was reading a book called 'I Jedi'. I didn't actually like the book very much but it had some good points about light and dark and coming to terms with your fears and temptations

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162631 by
Greetings each

On the other side is the Dark but we should not ignore it . I took this from a friend of mine. :)

Those who shun their dark side will learn very little. Polarity is a crucial learning tool, it is there for our education. Without examining our dark side, we live in a foolish state of bliss not based in real understanding, but imagined states of enlightenment.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi