Jedi diet

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159427 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi diet

McMiklosh wrote: Jedi - the temple of the Force. What eats Jedi is very important. Intemperance in food and intemperance in life leads to the dark side of force. From this action to occur illness and mental disorder. I am sure that the correct and healthy diet is important. Alcohol and binge eating destroys the psyche of the Jedi.

I agree with you that healthy eating is important.. but I don't believe it leads to the dark side.

I've seen mental illness, every week for months (and had it myself), and it's not the dark side.. it's a place where good people get lost.
Even with addiction.. not all alcoholics are violent or aggressive... and not all 'dark side' people have addictions
It doesn't help.. if you suffer your own mental illness it's difficult, impossible almost, to care for others.. but generalisations don't help anyone..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159429 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Jedi diet

Edan wrote: I agree with you that healthy eating is important.. but I don't believe it leads to the dark side.

Even with addiction.. not all alcoholics are violent or aggressive... and not all 'dark side' people have addictions
It doesn't help.. if you suffer your own mental illness it's difficult, impossible almost, to care for others.. but generalisations don't help anyone..

Oh I don’t know…
Gluttony, which is not necessarily what but how much, can lead down that path. But what you eat can also feed your ego and that can lead one down a darker path for sure.

Fine wine, fine cheese, only the best restraunt and only the best ingredients… sure we want to eat healthy but this line of thought when it comes to the food we eat can feed the ego and cause us to gain a false sense of self.

I don’t eat that because I’m too good to eat it!
Hmm… :unsure:

Or, that’s the kind of food poor people eat! Or, only rich people eat that kind of stuff! These are fallacies of logic which can be detrimental to your own thought process and ego.

Or consider foods that have addictive qualities. Would it not be bad to the body and mind to constantly crave something because one has been snared by its addictive qualities? Or if the food is actually toxic? But worst off is if it is something with thought altering properties such as alcohol. I don’t know that it’s that the alcohol makes them violent that leads to dark places. The violence resides in the dark place. I think it’s the fact that they have become addicted to and under the control of a substance that “leads” to the dark place.

I guess what I’m saying is that it’s not just what we shovel in our faces but how we look at it as well.

Edan wrote: I've seen mental illness, every week for months (and had it myself), and it's not the dark side.. it's a place where good people get lost.

Agreed. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #159430 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
Come to the dark side ....WE HAVE STEAK :evil: :woohoo:

Attachment h391fe07.jpg not found

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159436 by
Replied by on topic Jedi diet
I talked about mental illness as an error. We are what we eat. Our bodies as well as other mechanisms that require special handling. If the car is recharged substandard petrol, then the car will not work for a long time ) Jedi way is the way of the warrior. Nobody said it would be easy. Dark Side of the easier, many go to the dark side, because it is easy to walk. Self-discipline and training must accompany the Jedi. "Of course the Jedi must know the Code, the word and the heart. But, apparently, every Jedi Padawan to Master from some sloppy understands the Code. And when someone asks," What is the true meaning of the Jedi Code? "- Jedi Quick reply to this question is really rare ... "

Master Odan-Urr
Everyone knows the Jedi Code, but only a few, the true Master, really fully understand its deeper meaning. Cognition Code - path to the knowledge of the Force. Like Power, he will discover its true meaning, step by step, extolling the most patient and persistent all new secrets and revelations, bringing to mastery. Overall, says it all ... This is - the Way.

Edan wrote:

McMiklosh wrote: Jedi - the temple of the Force. What eats Jedi is very important. Intemperance in food and intemperance in life leads to the dark side of force. From this action to occur illness and mental disorder. I am sure that the correct and healthy diet is important. Alcohol and binge eating destroys the psyche of the Jedi.

I agree with you that healthy eating is important.. but I don't believe it leads to the dark side.

I've seen mental illness, every week for months (and had it myself), and it's not the dark side.. it's a place where good people get lost.

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi