• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #154496 by Brenna

Jamie Stick wrote: ...
I'm going to confess this and then run for my life...

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You need to watch the lecture. and there are far worse things than sugar withdrawal ;)

.... like osteoporosis, obesity and raised blood pressure. :P

and tooth decay

Edit - sorry, ill stop now. I have a hate hate relationship with soda :silly:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Brenna.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #154497 by
You're right, in fact, after watching about 30 minutes of the documentary I decided I would stop tonight. If I start to feel withdrawal symptoms (caffeine) then I'll make a pot of coffee and drink it black (I like black coffee). I've relied on caffeine, especially on soda, for too long despite the fact that I know exactly how harmful it is for my health. I don't need to be coddled anymore, I simply need to "do" what I was supposed to do.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #154499 by Adder
Gee this makes me feel a little old. A guy at school used to bring a couple of 2L bottles every day of various fizzy drinks, non-alcoholic unfortunately :lol:

I was WTF then, and still WTF about it. I haven't had any coke/pepsi in over 15 years... why bother, that much sugar is way too much. We call it the 'white death' and use honey as a substitute. Each to their own though, no judgement. As a teenager we'd have one in the fridge but I'd only have a bit now and then after school usually.

Different water can taste different, try a different source of water... some can taste quite nice. I don't like it out of plastic so much.

What video? :laugh:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #154500 by Brenna

Jamie Stick wrote: You're right, in fact, after watching about 30 minutes of the documentary I decided I would stop tonight. If I start to feel withdrawal symptoms (caffeine) then I'll make a pot of coffee and drink it black (I like black coffee). I've relied on caffeine, especially on soda, for too long despite the fact that I know exactly how harmful it is for my health. I don't need to be coddled anymore, I simply need to "do" what I was supposed to do.

I used to have a raging coffee habit. I thought I was addicted to the caffeine. Turns out not, it was the sugar. I can easily go without it, and when I do have it I drink it unsweetened (and with cream now. Thanks Texas) Give me a coffee with sugar... and all hell breaks loose!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Brenna.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #154513 by
Phosphoric acid will clean the rust off your bike chain, what will it do to your insides I wonder?

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
9 years 7 months ago #154514 by Whyte Horse
I used to drink 12 cans a day(12 x 0.355L = 4.26L) of diet pepsi. I gave it up after I developed high blood pressure and realized it was caused by all the salt. It took me about 4 years to get my blood pressure back to normal but maybe that's because all the other foods I ate had salt too. Anyway, now I eat tons of garlic instead and get my caffeine from 12 cups of coffee per day :P

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 7 months ago #154518 by ren

RyuJin wrote:

ren wrote: You know what else is very likely to give you cancer? Cancer treatments. :D

So very very true...

Most meds and treatments have side effects worse than what they treat....or ironic side effects...anti depressant that causes depression/suicidal tendencies....cancer treatments that cause cancer....

When it comes to cancer treatment, it's not even a side effect.... What they do is hope to kill the cancer before killing the rest of you...

I'm surprised by the pepsi salt comment... I don't think I've ever noticed salt on the label (I've run out for tonight, can't check)... Then again I never add salt to my food so maybe it works out OK for me... Strangely enough whenever I go see the doc they tell me I'm in perfect health (blood pressure is bang on average)... despite being near-obese... Now of course you should never trust a british doctor, but I doubt the blood pressure machine lied...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #155156 by
Until two months ago was, most certainly, a Mt. Dew addict. While I infrequently had it in my apartment I would buy it everywhere else. At work was the worst. Several years ago I managed to get down to just one a day, except when out to eat or on special occasions like New Years or any day of the week ending in -y.

Two months ago I made the decision to quit. I had my last soda (over priced movie theater soda) on a Friday night. I waited so that I could go through withdrawal on the weekend. A few Asprin on Sunday cured my headache but that's about all I suffered.

I have had one soda since then and it was...interesting. I still loved the flavor but I could feel what it was doing to my body. I love how much cleaner my body feels (and how many fewer calories I'm taking in). Now I just need to work on cleaning up my food diet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #155196 by
My doctor suggested I might have a minor caffeine (trimethylxanthine) allergy about 10 years ago (some health professionals prefer to call this "caffeine intolerance"). I was constantly stressed, unfocused, restless, and slightly paranoid - my body was tense and I suffered massive headaches. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't feel like I'd actually slept.

I stopped drinking caffeine and minimized my sugar intake around the same time. There was a period of about 6 months where I was irritable and for a few months I felt withdrawal symptoms (painful headaches and a sort of hunger in my stomach that couldn't be satisfied), but after that I felt great... balanced, focused, and generally healthy.

I don't know if it was caffeine or sugar that was the culprit (I imagine both). I do know that, for the most part, I haven't had any of those symptoms in the last decade. So, if any of you are considering moving away from caffeine and/or sugar consumption in your daily lives, I'd recommend doing so for a few months to see how different things are for you. The difference could be significant.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

More
9 years 7 months ago #155197 by Wescli Wardest
When I was younger I LOVED Mountain Dew.

Attachment hab8f90d.jpg not found

But every time I drank one I had to go pee so bad… they went right through me!
I figure it’s because Mountain Dew doesn’t have to change colors.

hahahhahahhahhaha :woohoo:

Attachment h33bd4ee.jpg not found

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi