iPhone Calmness Apps

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #144599 by
iPhone Calmness Apps was created by
Hello!

Since finding my way here I've found a couple apps I'd like to share with everyone. I've been having a horrid time focusing and these have helped, though I haven't used the latter much yet. I'll snag links to them later and post them.

The first app is simply called Calm, it is free with an in-app purchase subscription for choices of three months, six months or a year. I haven't bought the subscription, which unlocks some guided meditations of all varities, but using the app on just a timer with several free sceneries works great.

The sceneries are music or nature sounds, very nice sounding ones too, I don't know if it also has an image to match as I am unable to see them being a blind iPhone user.

Next is an app called Breathe 2 Relax with about four or five musical scenes to play during breathing meditations, guided or not. You can pick a background scene for the app as well while breathing. There are settings to set inhale and exhale lengths to suit your needs and sets for shorter or longer breathing sessions. You can turn voice or visual guidance cues on or off as well and learn about stress and watch a little video about how to breathe properly for the most benefit.

Overall I haven't used the second app much, I'm still working on nailing down belly breathing for it to be beneficial.

These are for the iPhone but may also be available on android devices, I don't know to be honest.

Enjoy and happy meditating!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 11 months ago #144617 by ren
Replied by ren on topic iPhone Calmness Apps
electronic devices are stimulants and disrupt sleep as well as cause a handful of conditions related to melatonin depletion. Not what I'd use for calmness.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 11 months ago #144618 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic iPhone Calmness Apps
Good thing Im not using it for sleep...:lol:....

I like mine, recommended by Connor if I remember correctly...

Its just a timer... I use it to keep track of how long I am meditating...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nwalex.meditation

While electronic devices have been known to disrupt relaxation, it is still a tool that some may find useful...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 11 months ago #144631 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic iPhone Calmness Apps
I use Insight Timer. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotlightsix.zentimerlite2)

Plays gongs at the beginning and end of a period of time so you can time your meditation. It has other things but that's all I use it for.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi