Workout Check-In Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176200 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread
ran 4 miles after work yesterday. right foot went numb. chased by a black lab looking dog at one point.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #176223 by Reacher
Replied by Reacher on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Reacher's Daily Rehabilitation Routine

I had arthroscopic knee surgery in December to debride and shave a meniscus tear. The other knee has a meniscus tear as well and I'll be getting a similar operation done on January 30th.

This is the routine I've been doing to strengthen the support muscles around both knees - I want the other one as strong as possible going into surgery:

Banded Pelvic lifts with single leg extensions - lay on your back, bend the legs at ninety degrees while wearing a therapy band just above the knees. Spread your legs to shoulder-width, and raise your pelvis. Making sure to keep the hips parallel to the ground, extend one leg fully, replace and repeat with the other. Make sure the lifted hip does not drop to the floor. Ten repetitions total.

Lay on either side with handed knees, legs bent at ninety degrees and stacked atop one another. Keeping the hips stacked and heels together, lift the top knee and extend as far as possible. Ten reps both sides.

Sit on your butt with legs extended. Bend one knee at 90 degrees and lean back on your hands. The extended leg, raise as high as possible while remaining straight. Lower it to just above the ground. 20 reps each.

Lay on your side, top leg extensions - 20 reps each

Lay on your side, bottom leg lifts with top leg supporting - 20 each.

Similar concept while laying on your stomach.

One-legged bends. Keeping your abs and butt tight, stand on one foot, lowering yourself until your leg reaches at least 45 degrees. The lifted leg and arms go out in front of you as a counterbalance. If you can go to 90 degrees, great. Just try to keep your shin perpendicular to the ground as much as possible. Hold the lowest position you can while maintaining tight posture. 10 repetitions on each leg.

Now to the upper-body workout for the day:

5 rounds of: 8 reps heavy bench
6 clapping pushups

5 rounds of: 8 bent-over rows
6 seated cable rows

3 rounds of: shoulder series (10 standing flies, 10 bent to extension flies, 10 bent flies)
push-up series (10 push-ups, 10 wide-grip, 10 narrow grip, 10 dive-bombers, 10 clapping) 7, then 4 for next two
Reverse-push-up bar series ( 10 rev-pu, wide, narrow, dive-bombers, 10 bar-release at the top.) 7 then 4

3 rounds of: shrug series - 10 reps of lat pull down shrugs, standing shrugs, seated shrugs

3 rounds of: Kazmaier curls with heavy weight x 5
Regular curls with light weight and perfect form x 20

3 rounds of: tricep extensions heavy eight x. 5
Tricep extensions with rope pull-a parts x 20

3 rounds of: 45 second Airdyne Bike sprints to seated weighted twists x 20 to 45 Second air dyne sprint to medicine ball pinch extensions to sprint to V-ups.

I will be sleeping well tonight.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176344 by
Damaged in training. I am grounded for now. See you in a week or two.

More
9 years 3 months ago #176542 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Checking in...

Missed thursday so yesterday was an hour yoga.
Today was 25 minutes yoga. My Chaturanga is a lot stronger now, which proves that my upper body strength is improving.
Still struggling with the fact I'm not flexible. In my upper body I have some hyperextension (thanks genetics) but lower body is almost as stiff as a plank... it makes it feel like any progress is not particularly balanced and is making some poses difficult. Still, can only get better!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176608 by
I restarted my workout regimen, although it's very light (perhaps laughably so) but what I really wanted to do was get into the habit of consistently working out. Three days a week I: stretch, do five push-ups, do five sit-ups. As I get stronger I will up the number I need to do and perhaps throw in some cardio.

More
9 years 3 months ago #176631 by Edan
Checking in

Half hour of yoga.. sun salutations today. Trying to go easy on my leg, I think I've stretched a muscle.

More
9 years 3 months ago #176795 by Edan
Checking in

20 minutes of yoga. Feeling achy

More
9 years 3 months ago #176968 by Edan
Checking in

25 minutes of yoga... really achy today...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #176981 by
Last week I joined a gym. Yep, I'm that person that joins in January with the rest of the world. Hopefully I have the dedication and discipline to stick with it. (I'm stuck paying for it for the next year anyway so I better use it. LOL)

Yesterday ran 2 miles. Although ran is a term I use loosely. Still better than what I was doing before.

More
9 years 3 months ago #177221 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Ran a timed mile and a half yesterday. I need to shave off about four minutes of my time and 20 lbs by May. I also discovered that nine months of no strenuous anything makes for really really hard time doing push ups LOL

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi