Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Wonders of our Doctrine.. (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: I wonder.. If the philosophical roots in the movies and Jediism are the same? The Doctrine tells us that Jediism and 'Star Wars' share almost the same philosophical roots. Do you think it is written correctly? -Jediism finds its roots in philosophies that did not make it to star wars. And some of the philosophies that made it to star wars did not make it to jediism. -Jediism evolved in a way that occasionally contradicts star wars, for example: The first sentence of the doctrine says: Jediism is a religion based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. Star Wars says: "Life creates it, makes it grow". "life creates it" is an uncommon belief nowadays. Some believe that they can grow their personal force (a concept not found in star wars and directly imported from buddhism) and the living force (that's the force created by life; more life = more force). The universalist point of view (as adopted by the doctrine) stipulates the force is everywhere and responsible for the existence of everything, a very pantheistic view, with any other force concepts, objects, "souls", etc being avatars/manifestations of the force. With this often comes a belief that the Force is some kind of energy that does not grow but mutates (like any other energy). The star Wars force can be likened to chi, the jediism force is more like the tao or brahman.
    • Humble and Egotist (Last post by efuller18)
    • And in some cases you are actually encouraged to behave like an egoist. On the way back from a conference one of my professors and I had a conversation about what you need to do to suceed as a woman in computer science and academia in general. We also talked about the differences she sees in female students and male students. What she basically said was you have to be confidant in the extreme. You have to project the belief even if your not that you are the absolute best programmer/researcher in your school. She said a lot of female students don't project that kind of confidence which is on the edge of pure arrogance. She asked me how I would rank myself against my fellow students and I said I have no idea. She said most of her male students would say they were great in comparison. It was the first time I had ever really heard someone saying that having the attitude that there is always more to learn is a bad thing and that projecting that attitude could have negative consequences for your career. Apparently, being humble is not an advantage when it comes to a scientific career.
    • HEMA, what is it? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • despite my heritage i've never really felt a connection to european fighting arts...i've always been drawn to the east asian arts...and i've been studying them since i was 8 years old....so 31 years now.....man i'm old.....
    • Jediism.. way of asking? What are the subjects tha... (Last post by Aqua)
    • The main purpose of this topic is to share your subjects that you would like to see more at the temple. Many threads in this section of the forum goes about what you think of a specific subject. What are the subjects you would like to mind about? Just to find out what kind of subjects the temple likes.. It might bring wonderful insight and inspiration. I guess that I enjoy to discuss objects that are not used much. Because It can help us to understand things better that we normally pass over. Creating a new way to see things by watching out a other perspective, guess that is also the reason for me to create this Topic. Lets improve our way of seeing from multiple perspectives together. :blush: May the force be with us all ~ Aqua
    • Jedism hippies? (Last post by Aqua)
    • If I would ask: ,,How can I know that different hippies like the same kind of music.'' Jestor would have asked: ,,What is music?'' If I would ask: ,,How can rules affect a faith?'' Jestor would have asked: ,,What is affection?'' When Jestor asked himself: ,,Why is Aqua trying to type what I think?'' Aqua would have said: ,,Knowing the mind of a person is not harder than expressing yourself.'' Just wondering.. what would happen if all people would give equal value to the same principles or rules? Would we still be able to separate an individual from a group? If principles are so important for groups, why is it that we find it so difficult to express the line between ourselves and others groups? How can it be, that understanding our self is just as difficult as understanding a group? :blush:
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • once the parts arrive i'll be using this thread as a sort of tutorial.... my old ultrasaber was never oiled....6years and going and it still opens just fine...the body for my new build wasn't oiled either and it doesn't stick....but i'm constantly opening both sabers.....worst case scenario i'll use some oil from my gun cleaning kit....
    • Posting Pictures (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: So if I'm understanding you I using my phone to access the internet and the forum so it will upload right from my phones picture album? Yes? Yep...
    • a question about the value of human life (Last post by Ariane)
    • I am lost this conversation is confusing, We should do a survey or a poll to find out what other people think. Does human life have value? Do people support a tyranny of this magnitude?
    • The Sixth Extinction (Last post by Locksley)
    • A positive outlook was what I started it on: Quote: Our intelligence and our technology have given us the power to affect the climate. How will we use this power? Are we willing to tolerate ignorance and complacency in matters that affect the entire human family? Do we value short-term advantages above the welfare of the Earth? Or will we think on longer time scales, with concern for our children and our grandchildren, to understand and protect the complex life-support systems of our planet? The Earth is a tiny and fragile world. It needs to be cherished. [ Source ] ~Carl Sagan So, yes, I did start this with hearing positive possibilities, as well as various concerns (and possible solutions to those concerns). Actually I tried to leave it pretty open-ended, but I certainly started it with a note of positivity directed at solutions to issues we face. "In any case, this thread was hardly geared toward solutions" isn't quite accurate.

There are 694 visitors, 13 guests and 43 members online (none in chat): Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, ren, Adhara, Desolous, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Calem, Llama Su, Archon, jontix, Kamizu, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, Venator Mortis, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Cristris_Jons, Goken, Aqua, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Exarchias, Slebo, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, Tk768, Loudzoo, Krieger, MaGnA CrYsTaL, WayneTec, Protonix, Adi Vas, Blind, jberes, Zander, theta, RKnowles, KyLoc6, Banoffee_Pi, herbalc, OJMyers, Corsair Gorscue, Duckyonics.

Follow Us