Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • 10 Tips for Dealing with Introverts (Last post by V-Tog)
    • Quote: Currently this is one I feel the most! Quote: 8. Many introverts, though not all, find it difficult to express themselves through spoken conversation. It’s much easier and more comfortable for them to get their point across through ancient runes that appear in the middle of the night carved into your forearm, pelvis, and back. I know the feeling. [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • Should Jedi carry weapons? (Last post by rugadd)
    • I guess I didn't really answer the question: "Should Jedi carry weopens?" We are a weapon(effective or not), so, moot question. If this references a pistol, or sword, or some other device specifically made to harm another person, I would say it is circumstantial to were and when you are. Put some thought into it and decide for yourself. If this is addressing the issue of someone suggesting Jedi should never, never carry weopens I would call that a close-minded extreme that ignores the practicality of many people's personal circumstances. If it is a general guideline for Jedi not to do this, I could agree to that as long as any individual Jedi was respected enough to make their own decision as far as what they should/need to do themselves.
    • The Forgiveness Boost (Last post by Adder)
    • This reminds me of the concept of 'emotional tapes', where you use a mantra to place yourself into a certain mindset as a deliberate action to better prepare your emotions to integrate into a known situation. So long as they aren't destructive I think they have some good utility. This example can highlight the process nicely; 1. generate emotion to work with, 2. counter it with preferred type of response, 3. re-contextualize the object (develop empathy), manifest it outwards (socially), and finally releasing it... in this case by replacing it with forgiveness. I guess each stage has it's own difficulties in examples like that given. Quote: “I was emotionally aroused, and that magnified all the emotional experiences I was having,” he said. “So when I had the experience of working through and forgiving this person, it gave it a little extra power. If I had done it two days later, when I was calmed down, probably it wouldn't have had as much effect.” I never knew until somewhat recently that emotional 'arousal' in psychology does not mean sexual arousal. These days the term aroused often is taken to mean sexual but I don't think it would be accurate in that case. I think the term means more literally to wake up and increase something, in this case emotion's generally, or as Wikipedia says; Arousal is a physiological and psychological state of being awake or reactive to stimuli. It involves the activation of the reticular activating system in the brain stem, the autonomic nervous system and the endocrine system, leading to increased heart rate and blood pressure and a condition of sensory alertness, mobility and readiness to respond.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in 20 minutes of yoga, then another 10 minutes of sun salutations just because I felt like it.
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • you think youre going to live your life alone in darkness and seclusion yeah, i know; youve been out there you tried to mix with those animals and it just left you full of humiliated confusion so you stagger back home and wait for nothing but the solitary refinement of your room spits you back out onto the streets and now youre desperate in need of human contact and then you meet me and your whole world changes everything i say is everything youve ever wanted to hear so you drop your defenses and you drop all your fears and you trust me completely im perfect in every way because i make you feel strong and powerful inside and you feel so lucky but your ego obscures reality and you never bothered to wonder why things are going so well do you want to know? cause im a LIAR! yeah im a LIAR! I'll tear your mind up! I'll burn your soul! I'LL TURN YOU INTO ME! I'LL TURN YOU INTO ME! cause im a LIAR! yeah im a LIAR! yeah i'll hide behind a smile and understanding eyes and i'll tell you things thatt you already know so you can say: "i really identify with you so much" and all this time that youre needing me is just the time that im bleeding you DONT YOU GET IT YET? i'll come to you like an affliction and i'll leave you like an addiction you'll never forget ME wanna know why? cause im a LIAR! yeah i am a LIAR yeah i'll tear your mind up! i'll burn your soul! I'LL TURN YOU INTO ME! I'LL TURN YOU INTO ME! cause im a liar! a liar liar liar liar i dont know why i feel the need to lie and cause you so much pain maybe its something inside maybe its something i cant explain cause all i do is mess you up and lie to you im a liar oooooohh i am a liar but if you'll give me one more chance i swear that i will never lie to you again because now i see the destructive power of a lie theye stronger than the truth i cant believe i ever hurt you i swear i will never lie to you again please please just give me one more chance i promise that ill never lie to you again no i'll never lie to you again i will never lie i will never tell a lie no i'll never tell a lie ha ha ha ha ha aahh haahhaaahhha haaahaaaaa haaa sucker! SUCKER! you sucker! i lie i lie haha i lie i feel good i lie i am a liar i will lia again i will lie again i promise ----- henry rollins very much a song with a jedi elesson
    • How many do you have? (Last post by Alan)
    • In Hero with a Thousand Faces, Campbell discusses the mythic symbolism of the ‘spiritual double’ within the context of The Ultimate Boon. The hero journeys to that special place where she might obtain power. Sometimes the boon is stolen, for example, Prometheus and fire, sometimes earned or procured through trickery. One of the many symbols of the boon is, “the inexhaustible dish, symbolizing the perpetual life-giving, form-building powers of the universal source, is a fairy-tale counter-part of the mythological image of the cornucopian banquet of the gods” (Campbell 173). The boon is sometimes a kind of “indestructibility represented in the folk idea of the spiritual double – an external soul not afflicted by the losses and injuries of the present body, but existing safely in some place removed” (Campbell 174ff). The symbols of doppelgangers or clones are a kind of boon of immortality where the hero is more than one person. They possess a kind of immortality because of the difficulty of destroying both souls. The science fiction plot device of countless clones is one form of this mythic immortality as are the fairy tales of doppelgangers. “It is obvious that the infantile fantasies which we all cherish still in the unconscious play continually into myth, fairy tale, and the teachings of the church, as symbols of indestructible being…But the circumstance is obstructive too, for the feelings come to rest in the symbols and resist passionately every effort to go beyond” (Campbell 177). On our own hero’s path to spiritual maturity is the temptation to hear such stories literally. The adventure leads us to enter into the power of the symbol remembering that ‘the menu is not the meal’.
    • Dalai Lama Pizza Order (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • So the Dalai Lama goes into a pizza restaurant and the waiter asks him "What toppings would you like on your pizza? Ham, cheese, mushrooms, onions, pineapple?" and the Dalai Lama replies "Just make me one with everything!" I like this joke but watching a news anchor actually tell it the man himself is even better. Awkward doesn't even come close . . . the joke (of course) was on the news anchor not the Dalai Lama!
    • About the lack of water in Brazil. (Last post by MrBruno)
    • Yes you are right. The problem in general is the lack of water, associated with the mismanagement of funds by our beloved governor (possibly will soon face some protests by people not very happy.). Long ago he was told by the technicians of the country about the problem, but ignored. The even worse is that most of the electricity is generated by hydroelectric here. We are all concerned about the fact but wonder that the news has not been published in any external media. (The government here often stifle all)
    • General reading question (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • I went ahead and bought it, I'm halfway done and it is a very easier read than that of its before comers. Lol I'm actually impressed and actually laughed at the LOR references lol
    • Video Games Promoting Nationalism and War? (Last post by MrBruno)
    • I believe that all games should be seen as RPG, just a make-believe. Of course the games as well as poetry, music and movies make us think in situations that are beyond our reality and that's the beauty of them. If there was a war, we would run the weapons or would do part of the peace movement? So as well as any artistic expression the games, take us from our reality and make us embody other characters make us reflect on what we really believe and what is ethical. A soldier of war is a hero in war, but in peacetime people can see it as monster. Just think of everything that happened in World War II. Of course it is only my opinion. In war there are no winners, only survivors.
    • Jedi Knight in one word (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Quote: For me the word would still be 'Knight' I know, kind of a cop out haha no more than my first answer "Jedi" :-p

There are 314 visitors, 8 guests and 28 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Shadouness, Jestor, 666, Joe, Connor L., Adder, Desolous, Proteus, V-Tog, rugadd, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, Pcoronaf, Llama Su, Vesha, Archon, Silvermane, Senan, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Mathew Erickson, Goken, Kinjin, Rocda, Ryno, Everett, Kameron, andyhaynes, c.thomason, obi-wan_k, Star111176, BryanJerome, ryan-cisneros.

Follow Us