Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Wind Turbine Without Blades (Last post by ren)
    • It's doubtful it will beat the energy to waste ratio of nuclear or hydro though. I'd certainly love to see thorium on base load with engineered reservoirs for storage and peak.
    • Listening to our bodies (Last post by ren)
    • Sodium gives high blood pressure by first giving water retention. The rest of the time it is a necessary part of our diet. So are fats, by the way. What's really worrying are the carbs in the pizza dough and the sugar in the tomato base (both of which are just as addictive as the mtn dew). The cheese and pepperoni are harmless in comparison.
    • What kind of man or women are you towards Jediisme... (Last post by Locksley)
    • I'd love to have confirmation of alien life. Statistically and logically there's no doubt that other life, probably very much like ours, exists out there in the universe. But I'd love to meet some in my lifetime. I also think that a lot of people wouldn't be ready for it - too many closed minds and tiny, walled-off hearts. Not enough joy and imagination left. I'm not sure how those people would react - confirmation of alien life would shake a lot of people to their core, and a lot of people might just outright try and refuse the proof in front of their eyes. "I want to believe" isn't "I want to believe in the existence of aliens," it's: "I want to believe that they'll show up soon, and be friendly too." ;)
    • In the News: I am A Jedi (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Quote: Have you considered that there IS only one way to view Jediism? But many ways to live with in that view? I have considered it. After careful consideration and much furrowing of brow, I decided that was just silly.
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • venom claws arrived today, i already mounted them and modified the raven claws, the blade retention screw is hidden by one of the claws. and now until i get the internal parts i'm at a standstill on silver fang.... [attachment]
    • What Are You/We Looking For? (Last post by SilverWolf)
    • I will tell you why I joined TOTJO: All my life I belonged to a Baptist church, and then one day my mother stopped taking us. I never understood why, but I continued to read my bible and believe in God. My dad was a old-time movie buff : Top Hat, Easter Parade, Show boat, The King and I, so I guess you could say my first teachings of "how to be a gentleman" and treat women with respect came from watching those movies, with the help of my dad teaching me how those movies translates to real-life. As I got older, I watched movies like Star Wars, Camelot, Tron , Dragon Heart, and began going to National Geographic Lectures in Washington,D.C. with my parents. Though the lectures were long and sometimes boring, they awakened my mind to different cultures and religions and I began learning about religions of all types throughout elementary school, middle school, high school. Religions such as Mormonism, wicca, Satanism, Buddism. Basically, if it was a religion or belief system, I learned about it. When I finally started to play MMO games, I played "Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire divided" and was a Jedi, I was so helpful and kind, I gained a reputation that extended through two separate servers. I was kidded many times by people "Wow you really are a jedi" I laughed it off at first, but then I started to think about my life, and the friends I've made, the help I've given others in real-life and in the games I played. I am Disabled, I have epilepsy and cerebral palsy, I live on a limited Income, but yet I go out of my way to help others for no other reason other than it is the right thing to do. I then laughed and said "Oh My God! I'm basically living the life of a Jedi" However, In all fairness there are other religions that teach the same things as well. I believe the turning point for me was when my Son Aiden was born. I went to the pastor of each church within 50 miles and asked the same thing "Will you please just say a non-formal simple blessing over our son please?" Nothing fancy, just a simple "I bless this child so he may grow up strong and healthy and safe, may he learn the ways of right and wrong, and grow to be a kind, loving child. EVERY SINGLE PASTOR within 50 miles denied us a simple prayer over our son. That is when I began my search for churches in other states, and I found TOTJO. I had looked at other Jediism sites, but this one seemed to be the most forthcoming, and honest, and Though I sometimes disagree with certain members posts and beliefs on certain subjects. I find that the Majority of people here are very good, honorable, people and I have been very lucky to consider all of them "Friends". I am currently doing two types of classwork. The Jedi studies lesson ("The book" by Alan Watts) Though It is considered a very good lesson. I am also working on getting my Associates degree in Business Administration at Ohio Christian University. For my opinion and belief of what a Jedi is goes something like this: A jedi is not what is in the movies, a Jedi is like what someone would describe what a hero is "A person who helps another person for no reward other than just because it is the right thing to do" Jediism as far as I know has no rules on wether or not a woman can become a clergy, or a Jedi. Compared to most other religions they don't have many restrictions. I actually admire the Women of the Order, they can give very well thought out posts and can give as good as they can get sometimes too. They are just as formidable as any guy in this place. So that is my story, that is why I became a Jedi, and why I am staying with TOTJO and going to work on becoming clergy at some point. If you join a religion, it must feel "right" it must feel like family. Speaking for myself alone, TOTJO feels that way for me. So much so that my son wants to learn TOTJO lessons just like daddy ( he is 5) I only wish TOTJO had lessons for his Age.
    • Best martial art? (Last post by M Gray)
    • I practiced Kenpo and Karate for several years before I came to the realization that many of the techniques I learned simply were quite superfluous after I got my ass handed to me in a series of fights I did not start. I'll say this much, those fights changed my outlook on the martial arts. Yes, it really does depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for mind/body meditation, fitness, or streetwise effectiveness? I happened to want to actually hold my own in a fight, so I switched to taking classes of Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, and Boxing, as well as a few classes of Jeet Kune Do and Krav Maga. Then, I found HEMA. After looking into historical swordsmanship as a side-interest, and after studying Medieval combat for awhile I fell in love with it. It combines my love for history with the brutality of actual no-holds-barred fighting. I still do Muay Thai for striking and BJJ for groundfighting and incorporate elements of those into my HEMA training. So, I guess I can say that what I was "looking for" evolved. I might say this to any practitioner of a martial art, however: if you haven't been bloodied and bruised, the 'martial' element is somewhat lacking :P
    • Jedi lifestyle IRL - Yet Another model of Life (Last post by Adder)
    • :) Have you seen this; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barycentric_coordinate_system I meditate on using equilateral triangles to tesselate visible physical 'material' into surfaces as a cognitive/spiritual 'ground', where I then project imagination into this to try to approach 'feeling' in a new way; www.tetryonics.com/ Which is probably psuedo-science but is fun enough to help me learn quantum stuff. I also visualize iterations of the Fano Plane as a tool to exercise my mind in working in that 'language' of Force feeling; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fano_plane I hope that helps. It seems to link into computer programming doesnt it!? Which if you think about it is a type of electronic 'spirit' of its own :ohmy:
    • How many different languages are spoken in the Tem... (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Maybe this in Mandarin (requires font installed) 愿 原 灵 与 你 同 在 - which has 'Force' as spirit/alert/intelligence Yuàn yuán líng yǔ nǐ tóng zài 愿 原 力 与 你 同 在 - which has 'Force' as strength/power/force Yuàn yuán lì yǔ nǐ tóng zài Not 道 ?) Yes, nice one, perhaps each SIG would have its own unique version of the saying (in some languages)... which makes me wonder just how many characters would be suitable in Mandarin :huh: 愿 原 道 与 你 同 在 Yuàn yuán dào yǔ nǐ tóng zài
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I am grateful to those that show me who I truly am. To the companions that walk by my side. Thank you :)

There are 735 visitors, 9 guests and 27 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, ren, Adder, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Msatterfield, Kamizu, Calanon, Radar6590, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, den385, Tk768, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Krieger, mykalbrown1, PaintedWarrior, WayneTec, Akahen, Thathe Mach, Plasmawiz, Nattie100, Stroke, Izoshua, Fedelrick.

Follow Us