Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • PTSD and Nightmares (Last post by Adi Vas)
    • I suffer from PTSD, and most of the time it doesn't manifest itself as nightmares - rather, it manifests itself as waking fears that spiral into anxiety attacks and so on. No two cases of PTSD are alike, though, so what works for me might not work for them. I've actually found that therapy hasn't been that helpful for me, and I think journaling is a really good step on their part, since that's helped me a lot as well. I guess the important thing for me has always been awareness, staying grounded: reminding myself that I'm not actually back in the circumstances that caused me so much trauma. It doesn't help when it gets out of control, but it does help make those cases less frequent. I don't have a strong support network so I mostly have to work to do what I can for myself. Meditation has helped me find that sort of grounding, but it has never been a consistently useful solution - in particularly difficult times, my meditation (and other spiritual) practices tend to go out the window. But it has helped. I guess the most important thing for me has been changing and adapting my lifestyle and mindset, so that the incidences of post-traumatic stress flareup are less frequent, and that I'm more resilient when those cases do happen. But that's been a years-long process. I'm sorry I can't offer better suggestions than that.
    • Never forget (Last post by Adi Vas)
    • My aunt. She was an amazing person who brought so much love and light into the lives of other people, whether it was in the yoga/meditation classes she taught here in the United States or in her charity work helping build schools in East Africa. I will spend the rest of my life trying to love all living beings as she did, and be the kind of positive force that she was. She was my first spiritual mentor, and a surrogate mother to me all my life, but especially in adulthood. She struggled with many of the things that I struggle with now, like anxiety and depression, and taught me much about how to live with those things. In a few days it will have been a full year since her passing, and I still miss her dearly.
    • Robes (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Well first you need to decide on what your robes will look like. Color, style, ect ect After that its just a matter of assembling the right peaces and the nice thing about that is most peaces you can find already made. I know alot of folks who use Karate Gi's at the base of their outfit, the just wear a long sleeve shirt under it, attach a cool belt, robes....ect ect. Otherwise...you best get familiar with your sewing machine coz...its alot of work starting just from fabric and thread. Kamzu is right, there is a pattern - It is by simplicity - its just the average costume design and can easily be found at your local wal mart. [image] Another great word of advise would be to actually join the groups that does these things for a living. Rebel Legion, 501st, Saber Legeon, lots of Cos Play groups out there that have many neat tricks and tips on making sweet robes for cheap. Alan Wilson from Akkarian Jedi would know alot of tips.... Did you see his robe from Indiana gathering? goo.gl/photos/FbWuYxMnEY4B8JBX6 Gabrial Couldron makes all of his outfits and outfits for his chapter members. The hardest part for me is the hood on robes....Those are a pain in the arse to make. Even so, with dedicated work, lots of research and not giving up, you will have great robes ^_^
    • Circuitry and Reality (Last post by Adder)
    • I still prefer the fluid flow approach I think. I reckon its the capacity of local flows to represent distinct structures within larger flows... which of course exist in levels up to the whole system layout itself which I'd use external (boundary) interactions to define the limits of. It gives the whole system a depth for complexity which I can translate more easily into perception.
    • Jedi Funerals (Last post by den385)
    • I hope that by the time I die I'll be 100 y.o. and that's enough time for Jedi Way to become at least a little established. And I hope that there will be people who will value giving me a right funeral. Under these 2 assumptions, I'd like my body to be burned on the open fire (although this must stink, I don't know how vikings tolerated this and how Luke was supposed to tolerate open-fire cremation of his father's body). The ashes shot into space and some little sign that I lived on the Earth to remain. If I am to earn any honor, than near the place where I earn it, a small sign. There was a beautiful fantasy rite in franchise, for commemorating Jedi. There was some place where, with each deceased Jedi, one firefly was let out. And they formed a stream. A giant lightsaber, in a way. Of course, there is so much to be done to deserve that sort of commemoration. P.S. Dissolving the body and leaving just a robe is a fine way, but I doubt it'll be realistic in about 10K years, with current pace of evolution :)
    • The 'Naked Rambler' - question on freedoms (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Naked hiking has been in the news here again and again. I'm all for it. I certainly don't find it offensive. Hiking and nudity go together well - just like bathing and nudity. You're in nature in your natural state - makes perfect sense. If people can't bear seeing a naked human being, there's always the option of looking the other way. Probably wouldn't do it myself though. but there are lots of things I wouldn't do but don't mind if other people do them.
    • Saw a dead baby today... (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Quote: Some 17'000 refugees came in this year - 2/3 of them were moved back to their countries of origin within a few months of seeking asylum. So we maybe took 5000-6000 refugees this year. And our right-wing parties are claiming we're being overrun. They're now demanding that the army be used to lock down the borders. I just fail to see how one can be so completely and utterly devoid of decency and compassion. Are you sure you don't live in the US? :dry: You'd be surprised just how many parallels the current political landscapes of the US and Switzerland have :-/
    • jedi haiku (Last post by den385)
    • Quote: the force flows strongly reach out with open senses peace will come to you peace. you extinguish the blade. silence of solitude sings on the battlefield of your soul.

There are 600 visitors, 9 guests and 44 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Darren, Proteus, Reacher, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Metsu Desal, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Jamie Stick, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Goken, focone oceanlast, Tarran, Rocda, Loudzoo, Quaesitor Veritatis, cesteban, asteropos, Adi Vas, Plasmawiz, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, Vigebo, Mikhael, Katash Weivorki, Zachariah, silentdynamo, Moonborn, Nejaa, Shoda.

Follow Us