Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:08 #58380

I've been having the occasional lucid dream, thanks to a little habit I've developed. Throughout the day, I'll look at my hands and take a moment to genuinely question whether or not I'm awake or asleep. More often than not, dream-hands have too many or too few fingers, thus helping you to realize that something is not quite normal.

Generally the dreams I've gained any lucidity in will get very clear and vivid, but the sudden realization of being in a dream often prompts me to wake up. Other times, I forget I'm dreaming and carry on as if nothing happened.

A dream journal sounds like a good idea!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:33 #58383

Something I use to help wake me up, or remind me I'm dreaming are cues, like reading something. Don't naturally assume you understand what's written, look at the details, know that the words make sense. I also use school as a cue. I can't tell you how many times I've been expelled in a dream only to quickly remember I graduated twenty years ago! Another great tool in waking in dreams on a more frequent basis is to constantly through the day, ask yourself if your dreaming.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 16:01 #58395

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
I have to say this idea of lucid dreaming sounds very interesting, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn more?
cheers

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 17:45 #58718

• Xiam
  • ID: 1027
I've done it once or twice, but I generally forget it. I guess I'm a lazy sleeper, I usually let the story take me through, and the most I remember about lucidity is when I get into trouble and realize I have superpowers. Not even that I'm dreaming, just that I could go invisible, or fly, or toss somebody about with my mind.

I guess that's something.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:11 #58722

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
this website was what I used to help me on my way to lucid dreaming
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

I REALLY recommend it, the guides are very good and can get you lucid dreaming very quickly

@Moisture one key things of learning your dreaming is DO NOT over excite yourself, my first lucid dream lasted mere minutes because I made myself awake because I was so happy and excited, the more stimulated your brain is (like extreme happiness) the more likely you will awake, play it calm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:40 #58724

I usually get messages in dreams and used to wake up remembering them. In the last few years this has changed to lucid ones that are also remembered so I attribute it to the constant energy work, meditation and development. See, these things DO work :)

As for a dream journal, I find it useful to spend a moment when first waking (when you are not quite awake and not quite asleep) and then asking myself what the dream means, then writing down that guidance. The world f dream and trance is sometimes beyond our ability to consciously understand and so we create metaphors and stories in order to help us to process the information in a useful way. If you just write the content of the dream, it may make no sense at all when you come to review it later. But in that half-waking state, translation becomes easier.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyib369

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:01 #68243

• Cullin
  • ID: 11115
I have been a lucid dreamer for a couple of years now, I don't always use it unless I am having a nightmare, which is very seldom. My cousin can do it also, but he is a sleepwalker so he kind of has to be able to control his. I have also had some psychic dreams, I dreamed about being in a classroom and seeing how the desk were laid out and the diagram on the board and everything and the next day was the first day of school and I sat down in a classroom setup exactly like my dream even with the diagram drawn on the board. I can also read in my dreams, most people are not supposed to be able to read real words.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:09 #68244

• Ligeus
  • ID: 11188
I have been lucid dreaming and practicing dream recall for a few years now. I can control and remember my dreams as if they actually happened. But then I quit because my dreams were becoming so realistic that I couldn't tell them apart from reality. I had trouble remembering whether I actually did something or just dreamed that I did it. (For example, sending an important message).

I learned to do it just occasionally to make it a more memorable experience.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 27 Jul 2012 00:24 #68247

• Connor L.
  • Initiate
  • Licensed Minister
  • ID: 7667
I signed up for that free email course. And, if I like what it has to say, I may buy the Fast Track one. We should invest in a copy and put it in the library. :P

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 18 Feb 2013 16:41 #94869

i have many lucid dreams and remember a lot of all my dreams usually if i remember a dream i remember it in great detail....i can actually so drastically change or alter my dreams that the dream ends and a new dream in a deeper state begins making it harder to realize that i am dreaming at the time i have changed as many as 4 to 6 dreams in one resting.... i also get prophetic dreams that usually require an understanding of metaphors and self.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • tzb, Licensed Minister, Announcement, 2014 (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • This is formal notice that Apprentice Stuart Johnson, known to us as tzb, has completed the Clerical Training Programme to the satisfaction of the Clergy of the TotJO and as such he is awarded on this day, 21st April 2014, a License as Minister of the Force. Once he has attained Knighthood, tzb will be eligible for ordination as a Deacon. Until then, he is granted all the rights and responsibilities bestowed upon the title of Licensed Minister, including the use of the title "Reverend" (Rev.). Please join us in congratulating him upon this achievement ! :)
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by Adhara)
    • A few days ago I saw a quote by Albert Schweitzer: “Example is not the main thing in [teaching] others. It is the only thing.” substituted influencing for teaching Thanks you :)
    • To be "an instrument of peace" (Last post by Adder)
    • What is exactly the extension of the Jedi obligation of "be an instrument of peace"? Which "peace" is this? It's just metaphorical/symbolic? I'd suggest there might be no absolute concept of 'peace' and it better describes a direction of change - an 'instrument of change', with that change being peace. From peace can come better understanding (less confusion, distraction, competition), and from understanding can emerge wise action (broader perspectives). So perhaps for me its about being orientated to sorting things to the best most peaceful outcome realistically possible. It does not have to be reactive, it can be predictive and act to preempt conflict. Not an easy thing to do well under good conditions, and probably impossibly narrowed in bad conditions.... but I'd think it comes down to having good and unbiased understanding of as many parameters influencing both sides of any conflict as possible. Can we change the world? If yes, how? Well if we are all interconnected by a Force then its possible everything we do changes the world ;) In your context of post regarding social protest, probably not in the way that is being hoped (IMO). I'm unfamiliar with the circumstance your asking. Generally speaking though, my thoughts are people perceive causality only so far, but its impact can be further reaching or completely not what is expected. The poorer citizens might be less coupled to processes of wealth in a society and therefore potentially seen as less cognisant of acting responsibility to that system, and together with the effects of emotional contagions formed from poverty, it can cause concerns for security of the 'main body' of the system - the 'middle' class. That class is often where the public servants fit in, including the military and police.So while democracy can enable social transformation through penetration into that middle class; poor class actions like protests and revolts about poor class problems will probably end up fighting the military and police head on!! Those 'instruments' of government firstly need to recognize they serve the people instead of the government, but secondly must also feel like they are part of the 'people' of that action. If they (middle class) feel marginalised from the action, then the action becomes marginalised. Protest can be seen as a benign trigger to create conflict with authority, and as such seems to be literally walking into a dead-end strategy (unless the authority is on your side, then you get things like coups). The middle class could perceive it as trying to deconstruct the society which supports them and they support. Deconstructive change seems to introduce less chance of controlling the change, and perhaps even increases the chance for the same influences which led to corruption in the first place etc - and this is part of the middle class and rich class concerns for 'security' of the incumbent system. Unfortunately constructive change seems to take many years of gradual effort which can at times even appear retroactive!! If we can, should we fight, even if this put us in danger? It's a deep and broad question, and only one the individual could answer!? What would the fight be really for, and would you actually even be fighting (from their perspective). It's not much a 'fight' if one side is doing all the suffering for no result. It's action's like that which change the reason for people's will to fight into cycles of revenge for picking the wrong fight to being with!! It might not be the best word to use 'fight', as it can be taken in so many different contexts it could lead to confusion. If you mean violence, then generally speaking I think it should be avoided and instead exposed... perhaps information warfare is the least harmful, at least directly harmful. In which case honesty, truth and fairness would assist in penetration to accumulate popular support on both sides, I guess?!! I don't mean propaganda, but more like good journalism almost. Just thinking out loud again.. good questions.
    • Best martial art? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • The more arts you study, the more options you have... I'm skilled in several grappling styles, several striking/kicking styles, several weapons styles, and a few styles that would be considered "excessively violent"....for those nasty situations...what ever it takes to come out on top...I prefer the immobilizing techniques, but can/will use harsher techniques if I feel it necessary...
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: @Zeph This trailer for season two of Legend of Korra had some of my favorite music from the whole series: [video] And the end credits!: [video] Can't get enough of the urhu. :) I also love it *--* Avatar state, yip yip!!
    • Assigning the Deity (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Do you project your wants and desires into your interpretation of the Deity? Do you say it's the Will of the Force when you lose something, but claim credit when you win? Do you think it's ok to say: "Jesus would not approve", when you aren't Jesus? Do you believe that the world revolves around your tiny, insignificant perspective? I have found myself guilty of "assigning" the Deity, meaning that I interpret the divine so that it fits my morality, my views. Some will often use God as a scapegoat for a moral argument: "You shouldn't steal because it's against Christianity". Or, some will say that Jesus is Lord... but only for rich white men (and their wives). This is a problem. If you find yourself doing this, as I often do, think about what you're doing. It's immoral. It's dumb. It's creating your own totalitarian ideology. Instead, have reverence for the Divine, and don't force your own ideas into your interpretation.
    • There is no Death (Last post by Zeph)
    • Quote: Quote: "(...)all the paths are empty (nothingness), do not born, do not end (...)", as the Heart Sutra says.. True (to a point), it's what we do with it that matters. Jediism as a path is essentially nothing until it is molded and wielded into a workable philosophy that instills it's followers with the awareness that they each possess the power to better their lives and the world around them... Exactly the point! All the phenomenons are "empty of inherent meaning". When we say "all," that means everything, including the the path. We see a phenomenon as something with characteristics, and as an object that is conceived by a subject. To hold that an object is something external is ignorance, and it is this that prevents us from seeing the truth of that object. The truth of a phenomenon is emptiness, which implies that the phenomenon does not possess a truly existent essence or nature: we (our minds) construct and give meaning to the phenomenon...
    • Jedi Sentinel Findings (Last post by Daniel L.)
    • I'm having a difficult time with this. Every month there is a new Missing Teen Age Girl poster at bus stop cross walks and store door way. I'm not sure if its just a Tucson thing but it's starting to get to me. Never have I felt so useless. May the Force Be With those that are lost missing or in a dark place. How I wish I could be your light.
    • Local Orginizations (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • If you are in:Memphis, Somewhere close to Murray, KY, Chicago, or in Arizona, there are offline chapters established. They are not necessarily ToTJO affiliated, but they each have great Jedi running them, and it will help drive home the ideas and concepts you learn here. You can even bring some of your knowledge from here to these groups and help them grow. ToTJO also has a map around here that can help you connect with others in your area if there happens to be someone near you ;)
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Proteus)
    • What makes fear or lack of fear unnatural? Who is to say what is "not part of nature"? Is fear not a symptom of ignorance? And yet, death to this day is the biggest mystery in this world of "hard facts"... There were civilizations and eras where many people were rarely afraid of death, but instead, looked quite forward to it, due to setting aside some lack of facts for decided beliefs. That may sound dumb in common contexts, yet that empowering belief gave them incredible power over the life they did have, giving it a great meaning. The difference between the common person of today's society and one of them, is that they spent their life learning - not hard facts about the tangible world so much, but about matters of the spirit which taught them to be less attached to their physical bodies, and not so concerned with losing it in death - which is the common issue for us: attachment to the tangible experience of life, and not knowing (tangibly) what lies beyond it. "There is no death, there is the Force", is an affirmation, that the physical, tangible realm that we experience in this life is very likely but a grain of sand on a beach of further experiences beyond it.

There are 251 visitors, 3 guests and 19 members online (none are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jon, Gaia Chi, Adder, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, Tat2dtrouble, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, RollFizzlebamf, Jorge, ejgraydon, Skydrrö, Jamie Stick, Xan Montagu, Trey-Vor Hoyt, MrGrae.

Follow Us