Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:08 #58380

I've been having the occasional lucid dream, thanks to a little habit I've developed. Throughout the day, I'll look at my hands and take a moment to genuinely question whether or not I'm awake or asleep. More often than not, dream-hands have too many or too few fingers, thus helping you to realize that something is not quite normal.

Generally the dreams I've gained any lucidity in will get very clear and vivid, but the sudden realization of being in a dream often prompts me to wake up. Other times, I forget I'm dreaming and carry on as if nothing happened.

A dream journal sounds like a good idea!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:33 #58383

Something I use to help wake me up, or remind me I'm dreaming are cues, like reading something. Don't naturally assume you understand what's written, look at the details, know that the words make sense. I also use school as a cue. I can't tell you how many times I've been expelled in a dream only to quickly remember I graduated twenty years ago! Another great tool in waking in dreams on a more frequent basis is to constantly through the day, ask yourself if your dreaming.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 16:01 #58395

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
I have to say this idea of lucid dreaming sounds very interesting, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn more?
cheers

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 17:45 #58718

• Xiam
  • ID: 1027
I've done it once or twice, but I generally forget it. I guess I'm a lazy sleeper, I usually let the story take me through, and the most I remember about lucidity is when I get into trouble and realize I have superpowers. Not even that I'm dreaming, just that I could go invisible, or fly, or toss somebody about with my mind.

I guess that's something.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:11 #58722

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
this website was what I used to help me on my way to lucid dreaming
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

I REALLY recommend it, the guides are very good and can get you lucid dreaming very quickly

@Moisture one key things of learning your dreaming is DO NOT over excite yourself, my first lucid dream lasted mere minutes because I made myself awake because I was so happy and excited, the more stimulated your brain is (like extreme happiness) the more likely you will awake, play it calm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:40 #58724

I usually get messages in dreams and used to wake up remembering them. In the last few years this has changed to lucid ones that are also remembered so I attribute it to the constant energy work, meditation and development. See, these things DO work :)

As for a dream journal, I find it useful to spend a moment when first waking (when you are not quite awake and not quite asleep) and then asking myself what the dream means, then writing down that guidance. The world f dream and trance is sometimes beyond our ability to consciously understand and so we create metaphors and stories in order to help us to process the information in a useful way. If you just write the content of the dream, it may make no sense at all when you come to review it later. But in that half-waking state, translation becomes easier.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyib369

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:01 #68243

• Cullin
  • ID: 11115
I have been a lucid dreamer for a couple of years now, I don't always use it unless I am having a nightmare, which is very seldom. My cousin can do it also, but he is a sleepwalker so he kind of has to be able to control his. I have also had some psychic dreams, I dreamed about being in a classroom and seeing how the desk were laid out and the diagram on the board and everything and the next day was the first day of school and I sat down in a classroom setup exactly like my dream even with the diagram drawn on the board. I can also read in my dreams, most people are not supposed to be able to read real words.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:09 #68244

• Ligeus
  • ID: 11188
I have been lucid dreaming and practicing dream recall for a few years now. I can control and remember my dreams as if they actually happened. But then I quit because my dreams were becoming so realistic that I couldn't tell them apart from reality. I had trouble remembering whether I actually did something or just dreamed that I did it. (For example, sending an important message).

I learned to do it just occasionally to make it a more memorable experience.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 27 Jul 2012 00:24 #68247

• Connor L.
  • Initiate
  • Licensed Minister
  • ID: 7667
I signed up for that free email course. And, if I like what it has to say, I may buy the Fast Track one. We should invest in a copy and put it in the library. :P

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 18 Feb 2013 16:41 #94869

i have many lucid dreams and remember a lot of all my dreams usually if i remember a dream i remember it in great detail....i can actually so drastically change or alter my dreams that the dream ends and a new dream in a deeper state begins making it harder to realize that i am dreaming at the time i have changed as many as 4 to 6 dreams in one resting.... i also get prophetic dreams that usually require an understanding of metaphors and self.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Arcade)
    • Quote: In my much younger/darker days I studied darker stuff (voodoo dolls, etc) all in the interest of hurting those that could/would/did hurt me...considering the threefold law perhaps that is why I currently have such horrible runs of misfortune (all that bad karma balancing out)... Ouch. :) Yeah. I can see how that might come back around. Personally, I use what I refer to as 'dark path spirituality' to enhance my understanding and appreciation of the lighter side of spirit (I'm not fond of using the terms dark and light when describing magic or spirituality, but will use them here for clarity). For me, it has never been about hurting or cursing others. It's always been about acknowledging the darkness and intensifying the light. That is not to say that one can't learn something from darker paths if they utilize them in the manner that you did, RyuJin. I simply wanted to emphasize that there are different ways of approaching that side of things. :)
    • Gisteron (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: And it's not even surprising really, that's how it works outside totjo. people want to feel important, respected, smart, etc... And what we do is make things even worse.... "click here to become a recognized Jedi knight in an official church! You get to conduct weddings and everything!""Spend a year with us and gain a free 'say cool stuff like yoda without spewing out quotes' kit! Impress your friends and impressionable minds who wish to learn from you so they too can one day be called 'master' ". It's like one of those crappy late-night TV adverts...And they do work on people, that's why they exist. And yet, here you are. Posting on the very site that has so disappointed you. It begs me to ask, why? To admit your disgust at the behavior you witnessed while spying on PMs only begs me to question even further. Perhaps I could find a quote from Yoda to trivialize this statement as you have grown accustomed to, but I'd rather hear what you have to say. The behavior here is no different from the behavior elsewhere, and although somewhat more disheartening here, it is no more disgusting. Besides, hopefully things can still turn for the best... Also I resigned from my offices because I grew tired of it all.... Not because I lost interest in Jediism or totjo. And if people are in it for the "glory", I'm not, and I'm not responsible for their thoughts either... So it's their loss, really. This is a discussion I've had many times with Jestor... he'd argue we have to act the part (of councillor) whilst I'd argue we should be authentic and make sure playing the part doesn't make us near-gods (as it sometimes did) in some people's eyes. Funny how with the right rank people suddenly agree with you more and such. I think the only person who thought being on the council meant all we did all day was eat M&M's is Wescli, and now that he's on it he knows that for a fact :P
    • Jedi Lightsaber (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: I would love to build my own lightsaber, I just don't even know where to start. I'm sure I could do it I just need to do some research on them. Start with a sketch of what you want, then visit the hardware store (lowe's or home depot have a large selection of parts)look for parts that closely resemble what you want, then go to work...you can also visit some sabersmith sites for ideas and browse the forums here for some of the saber pics already posted...even the internal electronics are fairly simple, just requires a bit of planning beforehand so you don't wire an internal switch externally :lol:
    • Quick Question (Last post by Jestor)
    • I've ask Akkarin, the Librarian, to use that link tzb provided, to make a text accompaniment for the audio...:)
    • People Killing Each Other (Last post by RyuJin)
    • It comes down to beliefs vs ideas...an idea is easily changed with new information, beliefs don't change easily....no one is willing to die for an idea and therefore unwilling to kill for one, people are willing to die for a belief and therefore willing to kill for one.... 3 prophets are at the center of a good deal of the current tribulations, moses,muhammed,and jesus...their ideas twisted into beliefs....
    • Elite: Dangerous (Last post by Adder)
    • No I haven't played it yet, I think I watched a dev conference video a few months ago... not sure if it was prompted from a post here or just random interest. I have a question, does the initial purchase allow unlimited play, or do you have to buy the program and pay a subscription? I've got a Saitek Joystick (X45), but the throttle died, so I use a racing steering wheel (as throttle) and pedals (for yaw) to add the required control inputs. Its rough and ugly, but it gets the job done if I can get the axis' to match.
    • Connor is back (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Yes absolutely! You can start a career at a lot of times. My friend is 65 and he's starting a Bass career now! He's performing too.
    • Helping the Homeless? (Last post by peace)
    • Where I live, California has homeless shelters and homes where they have volunteers who help feed the homeless. I on the other hand, helped upgrade one by changing it to a luxurious, fancy hotel lobby style. This place now has added chandeliers, no dirty smells, the floors and polished and cleaned daily, in house bathrooms with showers and even tables for you to sit in. This place is now hoping with homeless people. It is now visited by 10,000 homeless visitors daily. All thanks to me, the world is a little brighter, happier and nicer.
    • Pop killed the Rock star (Last post by Arcade)
    • I listen to music throughout 99% of my day (if at all possible) :) and buy a fair amount of music, and good rock bands are definitely still out there and abundant (in fact, I have a number of friends in relatively successful local rock bands). In many ways, the music industry has moved from the television and radio model (which is quickly becoming antiquated) to the internet model of music distribution. A large percentage of bands and musicians are now on labels of their own creation because they want to skip the greedy middlemen. Sadly, pop culture has always been about what they want you to listen to (as Senan well knows). I worked at a Top 40 radio station throughout high school and they really did have 40 songs they played each day (with few exceptions). Rock will never die. There will always be people, like yourself, with a love for the classic rock sound. ;) Rock will probably continue to evolve in some ways, and at this point in pop culture that means integrating electronic sounds. I love electronic music, so I initially came at this from a slightly different point of view... where electronic musicians introduced me to rock. I now listen to hybrid bands (rock and electronic) and bands that only use instruments (along with the necessary amplification equipment when they perform). Personally, I think there's room in the world for all of them. :) It sucks that the TV stations you like have changed their focus so dramatically. For better or worse, you may have to change your focus to find what you're looking for online or at live performances.
    • Best star wars movie/scene (Last post by Luthien)
    • I also like the scene where the two Skywalkers, father and son, duel it out and the father's love of his son empowered him to save the son.
    • What Jedi in canon reminded Light their entire car... (Last post by Streen)
    • It depends on what you consider canon. Here's a list off the top of my head: Streen Tionne Kam Solusar Anakin Solo Corran Horn (aka Keiran Halcyon) Leia Organa Solo more I just looked up (but should have remembered) :dry: : Dorsk 81 Kirana Ti Cilghal Ganner Rhysode Tenel Ka Lowbacca Ben Skywalker That's a surprisingly short list though, considering how many Jedi there are in the EU. I found that all the others I read about did have a brush with the dark side. Not a great track record, eh?

There are 463 visitors, 3 guests and 20 members online (2  are in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Adder, Darren, Proteus, Luthien, Angelus Kalen, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, Khaos, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, benedictveritas, SeventhSL, TambelSadera.

Follow Us