Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:08 #58380

I've been having the occasional lucid dream, thanks to a little habit I've developed. Throughout the day, I'll look at my hands and take a moment to genuinely question whether or not I'm awake or asleep. More often than not, dream-hands have too many or too few fingers, thus helping you to realize that something is not quite normal.

Generally the dreams I've gained any lucidity in will get very clear and vivid, but the sudden realization of being in a dream often prompts me to wake up. Other times, I forget I'm dreaming and carry on as if nothing happened.

A dream journal sounds like a good idea!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:33 #58383

Something I use to help wake me up, or remind me I'm dreaming are cues, like reading something. Don't naturally assume you understand what's written, look at the details, know that the words make sense. I also use school as a cue. I can't tell you how many times I've been expelled in a dream only to quickly remember I graduated twenty years ago! Another great tool in waking in dreams on a more frequent basis is to constantly through the day, ask yourself if your dreaming.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 16:01 #58395

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
I have to say this idea of lucid dreaming sounds very interesting, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn more?
cheers

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 17:45 #58718

• Xiam
  • ID: 1027
I've done it once or twice, but I generally forget it. I guess I'm a lazy sleeper, I usually let the story take me through, and the most I remember about lucidity is when I get into trouble and realize I have superpowers. Not even that I'm dreaming, just that I could go invisible, or fly, or toss somebody about with my mind.

I guess that's something.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:11 #58722

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
this website was what I used to help me on my way to lucid dreaming
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

I REALLY recommend it, the guides are very good and can get you lucid dreaming very quickly

@Moisture one key things of learning your dreaming is DO NOT over excite yourself, my first lucid dream lasted mere minutes because I made myself awake because I was so happy and excited, the more stimulated your brain is (like extreme happiness) the more likely you will awake, play it calm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:40 #58724

I usually get messages in dreams and used to wake up remembering them. In the last few years this has changed to lucid ones that are also remembered so I attribute it to the constant energy work, meditation and development. See, these things DO work :)

As for a dream journal, I find it useful to spend a moment when first waking (when you are not quite awake and not quite asleep) and then asking myself what the dream means, then writing down that guidance. The world f dream and trance is sometimes beyond our ability to consciously understand and so we create metaphors and stories in order to help us to process the information in a useful way. If you just write the content of the dream, it may make no sense at all when you come to review it later. But in that half-waking state, translation becomes easier.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyib369

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:01 #68243

• Cullin
  • ID: 11115
I have been a lucid dreamer for a couple of years now, I don't always use it unless I am having a nightmare, which is very seldom. My cousin can do it also, but he is a sleepwalker so he kind of has to be able to control his. I have also had some psychic dreams, I dreamed about being in a classroom and seeing how the desk were laid out and the diagram on the board and everything and the next day was the first day of school and I sat down in a classroom setup exactly like my dream even with the diagram drawn on the board. I can also read in my dreams, most people are not supposed to be able to read real words.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:09 #68244

• Ligeus
  • ID: 11188
I have been lucid dreaming and practicing dream recall for a few years now. I can control and remember my dreams as if they actually happened. But then I quit because my dreams were becoming so realistic that I couldn't tell them apart from reality. I had trouble remembering whether I actually did something or just dreamed that I did it. (For example, sending an important message).

I learned to do it just occasionally to make it a more memorable experience.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 27 Jul 2012 00:24 #68247

• Connor L.
  • Initiate
  • Licensed Minister
  • ID: 7667
I signed up for that free email course. And, if I like what it has to say, I may buy the Fast Track one. We should invest in a copy and put it in the library. :P

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 18 Feb 2013 16:41 #94869

i have many lucid dreams and remember a lot of all my dreams usually if i remember a dream i remember it in great detail....i can actually so drastically change or alter my dreams that the dream ends and a new dream in a deeper state begins making it harder to realize that i am dreaming at the time i have changed as many as 4 to 6 dreams in one resting.... i also get prophetic dreams that usually require an understanding of metaphors and self.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • UTC Time (Last post by Kamizu)
    • Quote: Lol, tru dat. Sometimes I don't think like a Jedi all that well. And some of us Jedi don't math well :silly:
    • Unquestioned belief (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: Quote: Only in the idea of belief. And for me personally (as im working through this myself) unshakable belief in the face of evidence to the contrary. Shutting my ears to new information in a way. Obviously the belief is not "unshakable", whatever it is, if your making this thread and working through this. Certainly this is not the first time something you have believed strongly in, perhaps not questioned yourself has been shaken right? Sigh. Really? Very well. Poor choice of words. Beliefs that APPEAR unshakable due to a refusal or inability on the part of the person holding them to examine that belief. Better?
    • Violence and Jedi (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Being ex military I'm all for pre-emptive strikes....even before I was in the military...funny enough I was watching van helsing today...dracula was asking igor why he was tormenting the werewolf: dracula:"remember igor, do unto others", igor:"before they do unto me"... It's not always the best approach to every situation, but it is always an option...
    • Non-Conformity... (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: As much as Jedi are, but people still made a religion out of it.... Right, but people are alive and real they have the challenge/choice/blend of conformity or non. Palpatine is shaped by the writer to be what ever he, the writer, wants him to be.
    • Thoughts of a simple man (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Bows Something I have touched on before but I have added a few bits. Hope you like it :) MIND BODY AND SOUL It has been my belief in recent years after discovering Ki. That it is a vehicle for all things . As a simple human it can take time to organize oneself to accept Ki As mentioned in my Great Leaning post. The Mind, Will and Ki need to balanced . One has to be in control all of the time. Right mindfulness ,right action and do not fall behind in the Way. A shorter version of the Eight fold Path. If one can break free and finally release oneself from debilitating negative emotions and limiting beliefs. One should be able to reach ones highest potential, create healthy and loving relationships, live a happy and fulfilling life by establishing new positive beliefs and releasing fearful, negative emotions. Ones’ body will communicate to ones self, clearly and specifically, if one is really willing to listen. I often go on about Ki and creating a universe from which one can operate from. Ki can be thought of as positive thinking, belief in yourself, faith, confidence, or a state of ‘Emptiness’ and unification. When it is used, ki is quite naturally in your life, at those moments when something totally captures your interest and imagination. Something like, playing a sport, working late into the morning on a project that was important to you, playing with your child, or simply spending time with someone you love. In each case, you become totally focused and completely yourself. You are achieving a wonderful effect and posses a limitless supply of energy. These experiences often define our lives, yet their occurrence often seems to be out of our control. Or are they ???? Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee Find your true self, take that path. Ushin, be mind, Moshin, false mind, Mushin, no mind, Munen, no-thought, Mushin no shin, mind of no-mind, Honshin, true mind, true spirit Jedi mind Zen mind. Budo mind, beginner's mind. What matters in all of these in my view is the concentration of thought and the prompt response of Ki to the directing will. He who deliberates and moves with the sole intent on winning at all costs, misses to a still greater extent of the Way . To be accomplished in any skill, realize the spirit of the Way. To realize the Way, develop a proper attitude ,spirit and posture in all that you do. Practice with this in mind for ten years, twenty years, and become one with your movements, then forget all of it when you practice and place yourself at the mercy of inspiration. This is mushin, munen, honshin. Musashi ( A Samurai) struggled with life's meaning. He felt there was something more important than life and meditated on this. "Sometimes the obvious is right in front of you, you just have to slow down and look for it." Truth is no where if not from within. When you reach this state, you will place yourself at the mercy of the Way. If you do not understand this, you become a slave of exterior conditions. What is required is to have a firm hold of the spirit and yet not to be conscious of the fact. This is a very difficult task achieved only after long spiritual training. The Way, is moving with the rhythmic movement of the spirit. To realize this, I believe you must subject youself to the discipline of The Way. The Way is the doctrine of mushin. The insight of the following poem will lead to the secrets of mushin, where everything is being left to Nature itself. (I pinched this of a site I was doing some research on) "The moon has no intent to cast its shadow anywhere, Nor does the pond design to lodge the moon; How serene the water of Hirosawa!" To realize The Way, you must have the proper training. The Way can be harsh, so some people think but I actually see The Way as being “Empty”and is straight to the point. There are no shades of gray. A clear, undisturbed mind. A healthy body will in turn look after the spirit. You must keep the mind situation as it is and as the truth. The worst is your ego which sways you. If you have not gone astray by ego, you are able to accomplish your purpose. For Zen, martial arts, tea ceremony and any others, this mind is common. Both at the time of practice and at the important time, to get into the habit of keeping your ordinary and constant mind is the best way. For example, at a martial arts match, if you are always stained, you lack for this ordinary and constant mind. A good player can always keep a constant mind. "True knowledge cannot be imparted by words. The Zen mind, enlightened and disciplined, is able to rise above mere technique and go straight to the core of being...to reach the soul... the essence."
    • Quantum theory proves what?? (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: I doubt any real scientist would make the claim of disproving such a thing. At least not without alot of evidence to back it up. Which was my point, it seems people only make the scientific claim one way.... Which is ultimately, as I see it , wishful thinking. Also, think as small and as fine as you want, but just as you cannot fit God in those gaps, neither can you fit consciousness just because you want it there. I not so sure about that maybe consciousness is in those gaps? You can call it god if you want, I don't know. Wait and see what real scientist come up with next and after that and after that and......
    • Tournement video (Last post by rugadd)
    • The music was added by the guy we hired to film the competition. It was not playing when I did my form. He put this video together as a thank you for me getting him the filming job.

There are 97 visitors, 6 guests and 22 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, RyuJin, ren, Learn_To_Know, Reliah, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Clone_Warrior, Khaos, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Trey, Cyrith, tzb, Zenchi, jadedbehan, Knigma, porkapon763, Targeran Arynal.

Follow Us