Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:08 #58380

I've been having the occasional lucid dream, thanks to a little habit I've developed. Throughout the day, I'll look at my hands and take a moment to genuinely question whether or not I'm awake or asleep. More often than not, dream-hands have too many or too few fingers, thus helping you to realize that something is not quite normal.

Generally the dreams I've gained any lucidity in will get very clear and vivid, but the sudden realization of being in a dream often prompts me to wake up. Other times, I forget I'm dreaming and carry on as if nothing happened.

A dream journal sounds like a good idea!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:33 #58383

Something I use to help wake me up, or remind me I'm dreaming are cues, like reading something. Don't naturally assume you understand what's written, look at the details, know that the words make sense. I also use school as a cue. I can't tell you how many times I've been expelled in a dream only to quickly remember I graduated twenty years ago! Another great tool in waking in dreams on a more frequent basis is to constantly through the day, ask yourself if your dreaming.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 16:01 #58395

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
I have to say this idea of lucid dreaming sounds very interesting, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn more?
cheers

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 17:45 #58718

• Xiam
  • ID: 1027
I've done it once or twice, but I generally forget it. I guess I'm a lazy sleeper, I usually let the story take me through, and the most I remember about lucidity is when I get into trouble and realize I have superpowers. Not even that I'm dreaming, just that I could go invisible, or fly, or toss somebody about with my mind.

I guess that's something.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:11 #58722

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
this website was what I used to help me on my way to lucid dreaming
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

I REALLY recommend it, the guides are very good and can get you lucid dreaming very quickly

@Moisture one key things of learning your dreaming is DO NOT over excite yourself, my first lucid dream lasted mere minutes because I made myself awake because I was so happy and excited, the more stimulated your brain is (like extreme happiness) the more likely you will awake, play it calm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:40 #58724

I usually get messages in dreams and used to wake up remembering them. In the last few years this has changed to lucid ones that are also remembered so I attribute it to the constant energy work, meditation and development. See, these things DO work :)

As for a dream journal, I find it useful to spend a moment when first waking (when you are not quite awake and not quite asleep) and then asking myself what the dream means, then writing down that guidance. The world f dream and trance is sometimes beyond our ability to consciously understand and so we create metaphors and stories in order to help us to process the information in a useful way. If you just write the content of the dream, it may make no sense at all when you come to review it later. But in that half-waking state, translation becomes easier.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyib369

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:01 #68243

• Cullin
  • ID: 11115
I have been a lucid dreamer for a couple of years now, I don't always use it unless I am having a nightmare, which is very seldom. My cousin can do it also, but he is a sleepwalker so he kind of has to be able to control his. I have also had some psychic dreams, I dreamed about being in a classroom and seeing how the desk were laid out and the diagram on the board and everything and the next day was the first day of school and I sat down in a classroom setup exactly like my dream even with the diagram drawn on the board. I can also read in my dreams, most people are not supposed to be able to read real words.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:09 #68244

• Ligeus
  • ID: 11188
I have been lucid dreaming and practicing dream recall for a few years now. I can control and remember my dreams as if they actually happened. But then I quit because my dreams were becoming so realistic that I couldn't tell them apart from reality. I had trouble remembering whether I actually did something or just dreamed that I did it. (For example, sending an important message).

I learned to do it just occasionally to make it a more memorable experience.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 27 Jul 2012 00:24 #68247

• Connor L.
  • Initiate
  • Licensed Minister
  • ID: 7667
I signed up for that free email course. And, if I like what it has to say, I may buy the Fast Track one. We should invest in a copy and put it in the library. :P

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 18 Feb 2013 16:41 #94869

i have many lucid dreams and remember a lot of all my dreams usually if i remember a dream i remember it in great detail....i can actually so drastically change or alter my dreams that the dream ends and a new dream in a deeper state begins making it harder to realize that i am dreaming at the time i have changed as many as 4 to 6 dreams in one resting.... i also get prophetic dreams that usually require an understanding of metaphors and self.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Arcade)
    • Though I don't discuss this often on the forum, I am active in a few Pagan/occult traditions and practice a number of different forms of magic. I've had long time love affairs with John Dee's Enochian magic (esp. early applications like the Tabula Bonorum), New Orleans voodoo (as distinct from hoodoo), runic magic, and magical practices related to Huna - and despite no longer being a practitioner of shamanism or chaos magic, I still utilize techniques from those traditions on occasion. I'm interested in hearing about the types of magic that other people in the community practice - and if you are comfortable sharing, I am also curious how you have effectively used your practices to enhance your individual experiences with Jediism. This is not a subject that most of us are able to talk about regularly or without receiving odd looks, so I thought it might be fun to get a conversation going in this section of the forum. I would like this to remain a safe space where we can discuss our practices freely and without judgment. So I ask, please, that others respect this and not turn this thread into a debate about the authenticity of magic or its value.
    • Helping the Homeless? (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I'm trying not to read this wrong because I'm aware I do that sometimes.. Are you saying that choosing not to help a homeless person makes you less a Jedi than someone who helps? Isn't that guilting people into helping which kinda makes the act of helping worthless and who are we to judge why people would choose to help or not? I understand showing compassion but individuals have the right to decide for themselves wether to help or not without feeling that they are being judged.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Khaos)
    • Certainly, because then flying isnt just a metaphor :) The dream is damned and deamer too, is dreaming is all that dreamers do.-Chiron Those that have used logic, reason evidence, etc, have consistently made what was once a dream, a theory, a possible future, and made it manifest for all to use. “The brain is so powerful that the imagination has allowed us to conceive of any delightful future we choose, pick the most amazing one, and pull the present forward to meet it.”-Jason Silva
    • Father knocks out sons abuser. (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Like beating your wife is widely viewed as being bad whereas just a couple of hundred years ago it was perfectly acceptable so long as you didn’t use a stick that was thicker than your thumb, hence the rule of thumb. :ohmy: Now instead we have no wives. So we're going back to the athenian model of men have sex with men and only use women for procreation. I do have a question.. where in blazes do you get off saying that we have no wives? Sure the homosexuals marry into the same gender, but straight people have been marrying the opposite gender for millennia. Still are. The evidence that there are still wives in our culture is overwhelmingly against your statement. You might not have a wife, but you're not everyone else. Nor should you continue to dictate what others have and don't have. It's a nasty habit to be in, because the moment you start telling others what they do or don't have, can or can't have, and what they believe, you're going to be wrong more often than not. Well I do have a wife, unlike most men my age, and also no ex-wives, which seems to be increasingly rare these days (In modern western cultures that is). It's pretty obvious to me that long term homosexual relationships are increasingly popular and long term heterosexual relationships are increasingly less popular. No need to get your knickers in a twist.
    • Jedi Gets Advancement in The Military (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • More or less just a personal message to the community: Today, Seaman Recruit Thompson was advanced to Seaman in the United States Coast Guard. She will be going to USCG Cutter Hawksbill in Monterey, CA. I am back everyone, and man did I have the TIME OF MY LIFE during 8 weeks of hell (well the last 8 weeks, the first four were horrible, I now understand why Catholics would rather be in hell than limbo 0.0)
    • Forgiveness (Last post by Luthien)
    • [image] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    • Still Around (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Quote: Quote: . I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. See my post above. Quote: Quote: For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. By secret place I mean that place which is within. If you don't understand sorry. Those who do know what I am talking about.
    • What are your opinions about euthanasia? (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: If you have the correct conviction to end your own life you don't need to be so cruel as to ask someone else to do it unless extreme circumstances prevent you from acting on your own. Most everywhere in the US it is illegal to attempt to commit suicide and doctor or nurse who knowingly allows a patient to kill themself is considered complicit. So if you happen to fail to actually kill yourself, you can be in serious legal trouble (to say nothing of the psychiatric crap they'll put you through). I'm in favor of legalizing compassionate release. Life can be difficult when you're a relatively healthy, but if you've got some kind of progressively worsening condition, I can't imagine life is something you really want to cling to.
    • Words Mean Things. (Last post by ren)
    • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_spelling_reform#History I think I'll forgive Jestor this one time :P

There are 272 visitors, 6 guests and 29 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Octagon, steamboat28, Angelus, Shadouness, baru, Jestor, Damion_Storm, Joe, Wescli Wardest, Learn_To_Know, Trose , Remem, Desolous, Psyddhattha, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Arcade, scottmcclure, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, wesleycook74, Edan, tzb, benedictveritas, Knigma, Wd1995, TambelSadera.

Follow Us