Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:08 #58380

I've been having the occasional lucid dream, thanks to a little habit I've developed. Throughout the day, I'll look at my hands and take a moment to genuinely question whether or not I'm awake or asleep. More often than not, dream-hands have too many or too few fingers, thus helping you to realize that something is not quite normal.

Generally the dreams I've gained any lucidity in will get very clear and vivid, but the sudden realization of being in a dream often prompts me to wake up. Other times, I forget I'm dreaming and carry on as if nothing happened.

A dream journal sounds like a good idea!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 15:33 #58383

Something I use to help wake me up, or remind me I'm dreaming are cues, like reading something. Don't naturally assume you understand what's written, look at the details, know that the words make sense. I also use school as a cue. I can't tell you how many times I've been expelled in a dream only to quickly remember I graduated twenty years ago! Another great tool in waking in dreams on a more frequent basis is to constantly through the day, ask yourself if your dreaming.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 16:01 #58395

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
I have to say this idea of lucid dreaming sounds very interesting, can anyone point me in the right direction to learn more?
cheers

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 17:45 #58718

• Xiam
  • ID: 1027
I've done it once or twice, but I generally forget it. I guess I'm a lazy sleeper, I usually let the story take me through, and the most I remember about lucidity is when I get into trouble and realize I have superpowers. Not even that I'm dreaming, just that I could go invisible, or fly, or toss somebody about with my mind.

I guess that's something.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:11 #58722

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
this website was what I used to help me on my way to lucid dreaming
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/

I REALLY recommend it, the guides are very good and can get you lucid dreaming very quickly

@Moisture one key things of learning your dreaming is DO NOT over excite yourself, my first lucid dream lasted mere minutes because I made myself awake because I was so happy and excited, the more stimulated your brain is (like extreme happiness) the more likely you will awake, play it calm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 02 May 2012 18:40 #58724

I usually get messages in dreams and used to wake up remembering them. In the last few years this has changed to lucid ones that are also remembered so I attribute it to the constant energy work, meditation and development. See, these things DO work :)

As for a dream journal, I find it useful to spend a moment when first waking (when you are not quite awake and not quite asleep) and then asking myself what the dream means, then writing down that guidance. The world f dream and trance is sometimes beyond our ability to consciously understand and so we create metaphors and stories in order to help us to process the information in a useful way. If you just write the content of the dream, it may make no sense at all when you come to review it later. But in that half-waking state, translation becomes easier.
Sometimes another door doesn't need to open just because one closes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyib369

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:01 #68243

• Cullin
  • ID: 11115
I have been a lucid dreamer for a couple of years now, I don't always use it unless I am having a nightmare, which is very seldom. My cousin can do it also, but he is a sleepwalker so he kind of has to be able to control his. I have also had some psychic dreams, I dreamed about being in a classroom and seeing how the desk were laid out and the diagram on the board and everything and the next day was the first day of school and I sat down in a classroom setup exactly like my dream even with the diagram drawn on the board. I can also read in my dreams, most people are not supposed to be able to read real words.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 26 Jul 2012 23:09 #68244

• Ligeus
  • ID: 11188
I have been lucid dreaming and practicing dream recall for a few years now. I can control and remember my dreams as if they actually happened. But then I quit because my dreams were becoming so realistic that I couldn't tell them apart from reality. I had trouble remembering whether I actually did something or just dreamed that I did it. (For example, sending an important message).

I learned to do it just occasionally to make it a more memorable experience.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 27 Jul 2012 00:24 #68247

• Connor L.
  • Initiate
  • Licensed Minister
  • ID: 7667
I signed up for that free email course. And, if I like what it has to say, I may buy the Fast Track one. We should invest in a copy and put it in the library. :P

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 18 Feb 2013 16:41 #94869

i have many lucid dreams and remember a lot of all my dreams usually if i remember a dream i remember it in great detail....i can actually so drastically change or alter my dreams that the dream ends and a new dream in a deeper state begins making it harder to realize that i am dreaming at the time i have changed as many as 4 to 6 dreams in one resting.... i also get prophetic dreams that usually require an understanding of metaphors and self.
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Where is the line between freedom of speech... (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: The working definition of a religion in my World Religions college course is from Invitations to World Religions, Brodd, Little, et al, Oxford University Press. "Religion is a cultural system integrating teachings, practices, modes of experience, institutions, and artistic expression that relates people to what they perceive to be transcendent" (page 9). I can't find the quote right now but Ninian Smart in "The Religious Experience" I think says that arguably there is no such thing as "religion" there are only the "religions". The outline of his point is below: What he means by this is that "religion" is a term given from the "outside" by people trying to classify what they think constitutes Christianity (or whichever religion) and then calling it Christianity. The "religions" on the other hand are instead that which people decide to call their faith (or whatever it is). This is essentially switching the focus from an outsider look in and saying "this is the name of what you're doing" to the religious person themselves saying "this is the name I give to what I'm doing". What does this mean for what is a religion or not a religion? It means that what the person is doing is a religion if they believe that what they are doing is religious. Is Buddhism a religion or a philosophical way of life? That depends on whether the Buddhist considers what they are doing to be religious or not.
    • MJ Hannigan (Last post by Andy Spalding)
    • I am reminded of a quote about mouths writing checks hind ends have to cash. I fully support the harshest of punishments for those who I speak in favor when they cannot behave themselves. As a member of the group he reps, I saw Hannigan being belligerent. I also saw people egging him on. that said, knights should know better. I am totally in favor of a strict and harsh punishment for a knight who cannot behave themselves. Also, he is aware of this misdeed and is remorseful.
    • helping the homeless (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: It's actually an excellent way of keeping warm AND occupied. Booze blankets dont count!!
    • Zen Pencils (Last post by Edan)
    • I'm feeling this one today.... Shonda Rhimes - a screenwriter's advice
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by E-3_4L_Teeter)
    • Day 1-2 of returning to normal PT habits (4-5 times a week) post knee problems Day 1: Ran a mile and change up the biggest hill on the base I live on and did 3 sets of 25 push ups, 35 squats and 45 sit-ups. Ran back home and wanted to die Day 2: Ran three loops around base housing (provably in the neighborhood of three miles) took about 20-25 minutes (rough estimate) stretched. Feel like I got my butt kicked this morning
    • Keeping Calm and Centered (Last post by Proteus)
    • I once discovered that if I spend a whole morning (a few hours in a row) deliberately paying attention to my breath during whatever I'm doing, that I naturally end up breathing deeper. I found that I grew alot more relaxed than usual (I'm sure due to the extra oxygen to my brain) for most of the rest of the day. In that state, I was immensely more level headed and able to calmly handle and resolve issues that arose throughout the day. Try it sometime.
    • American Jedi (Last post by Talariq)
    • Quote: A quick web search brought up this short film: American Jedi (2002) Quote: Oh geeez....Now I hope Laurent changes the name...to be compared to that 0_0 *shudders* I googled it as well and got really confused when I saw that IMDB page. I'm with you, Kit. I actually liked the title... until I saw that. >.<
    • IP discussion area (Last post by tzb)
    • Depends on the Master, I'd say. If I were the sort of person who wanted an Apprentice to complete an assignment every couple of days, I might look preferably on "faster" IPs. And the opposite is also true... My advice would be to do it however is suits you, rather than trying to restrict or increase the rate at which you respond.
    • Pondering... (Last post by Jestor)
    • lol, ok, I'll play...:) It is so calm in here right now, lol... I am curious as to how you say that? I see through the air, to observe the things around me... The air does not block my view... If I could see it, in the manner suggested, it would be like wearing blinders, dont you think? I realize you got the joke, but I rally am interested in playing this out a bit... lol... Are you saying, humans can see the air with the naked eye?

There are 108 visitors, 3 guests and 42 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Firewolf, jedi_roz, Karn, Lightstrider, Nakis, Wescli Wardest, Desolous, Proteus, Reacher, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Andy Spalding, E-3_4L_Teeter, Arcade, Talariq, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, Silvermane, tzb, Kaverael, babyblueyes247, benedictveritas, Frost, khrinosimmortali, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, Chadius4, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Sonor Zodaan, Mos-An Hobel, Dessel761.

Follow Us