Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Quote: One thing to remember: Knighthood. One must find a teacher, do the work. Acceptance as an apprentice is not promised, let alone a date with the trials. Success is not a given. I freely acknowledge that the standards of knighthood are not universal. Still, over time, if we are diligent, knight training will be refined. Give it time. Perhaps the Knights and Masters are the elite, the examples to live up to. I think we could all agree that they should be. I wholeheartedly believe they can be. And the rest of us are working on it. * the bold print is mine Thank you. Re-fining would be much more wise and practical for us than de-fining. Why do we need a definition of Jedi, or of the Force ? Why do we cling to that need ? So we'll know what we're talking about ? Funny, we don't talk about that very much ... Any of us ... We talk about how to organise things, what we need to be doing to 'train' and how to organise that ... and then we try to say that our way is best. I guess this sort of thing is part of it ... We would do much better than to de-fine what it is to be Jedi, re-fine our approach to discovering that. If Jedi is the Way of the Force, then it isn't a particular path (a word which is terribly misunderstood) with particular markers along it. The Force is dynamic ; it is alive. And nothing living, nothing dynamic, changing, creating, becoming -- has a set 'path' to it. Any 'path' would simply lead to 'where it most surely has once been but then moved on'. And then the one who followed that 'path' arrives at its end to find only one's death-bed and a lot of Regret leading up to it. That wouldn't be very Jedi-like, would it ? This is a point I've been trying to make for a long time : re-fining instead of all this bloody defining. Defining is 'this' not 'that'. Sometimes it is 'this' and 'that', but that is conjunction, not indivisibility. We do not have to imagine what that does when 'this/that' are 'us/them'. I don't know anything about elitism. It is a common outlook - certainly for those accustomed to so-called 'democracies' - that people find some comfort in regarding their leadership as sillier than they are. This is a very clever strategy for avoiding one's own responsibility : to kick it 'upstairs'. Well, there might be a slight difference between those who have studied and interacted with the mystery, explore that experience that is Life trying to see through the "game" even from within the game, trying to un-learn (and that doesn't me to get stupid ; it simply means that 'right' isn't always 'right') in order to be inspired from moment to moment to a measure of Wisdom -- and those who have become convinced that a particular 'plan' for Life is the right one for everyone, but I don't know which side is the 'elite'.* It would seem that those who have really a feeling for the Force wouldn't believe that notion. So, "What is the TotJO ?" It is one of the nodes in which our better business would be the refining of Jedi. Not defining it/us. One of the nodes ... not the only nor the best/right one. It is a learning centre, a social hub and a spiritual vehicle - all at once, inseparably. But all of the groups are ; it simply depends on what one is focussing on. All that stuff is there anyway ... * Quote: 41 : When a superior man hears of the Tao, he immediately begins to embody it. When an average man hears of the Tao, he half believes it, half doubts it. When a foolish man hears of the Tao, he laughs out loud. If he didn't laugh, it wouldn't be the Tao. Thus it is said: The path into the light seems dark, the path forward seems to go back, the direct path seems long, true power seems weak, true purity seems tarnished, true steadfastness seems changeable, true clarity seems obscure, the greatest are seems unsophisticated, the greatest love seems indifferent, the greatest wisdom seems childish. The Tao is nowhere to be found. Yet it nourishes and completes all things.
    • Let's Negotiate the Jedi Code! (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Quote: There's nothing divine about morals and values. Morals and values are formulated between subjective people - in sometimes written and mostly unwritten contracts. The Jedi code is a suggestion for cooperation - hardly a description of an empirical reality. It's not something to believe in - it's something to negotiate. -Shadow Knight Pelar (FA) By definition, you can look at negotiate from the following prospectives (merriam-webster.com) Quote: : to discuss something formally in order to make an agreement : to agree on (something) by formally discussing it : to get over, through, or around (something) successfully Given these, as Jedi (or even those of you that do not follow it), do you believe Pelar's assessment of the Jedi Code as it pertains to being a Jedi?
    • Definitions? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: I don't remember too many people supporting the idea of TotJO being the one true anything. Though trolling around the forums (in the fishing context, not the internet one) is a pretty good contender for "one true" procrastination method. :)
    • American men, American media, and the villificatio... (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Quote: I think the main concern is about young boys being harmed. The asumption that young boys are being "harmed" by this is wrong because the basis for that article and that line of thinking is also wrong. The sort of paranoia that that article is based on and promotes is not healthy or helpful to righting any of the imagined wrongs that it claims to point out.
    • Taoism (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • This is for Alexandre. We spoke in chat the other day and I didn't have the likn available to show him; www.taowoods.org/quote/index.htm Enjoy

There are 265 visitors, 6 guests and 27 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, Adder, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Arcade, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, khrinosimmortali, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Chadius4, Acheron, Revan Falton, Puerh, Damianmarcos, JuanRevfit, Simon Burnell.

Follow Us