Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:12 #58295

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
Hi everyone I have a question for some of you, are any of you lucid dreamers? In some ways with people who practice peaceful things like yoga etc. I could be expecting a few yes's, I've been a lucid dreamer for months, so how many of you are? Now though it's quite late in England so I'll be on tomorrow to reply

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:37 #58297

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
just to check what do you mean by the term Lucid Dreamer, may help me answer
Thanks

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58300

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
I've been reading about it and trying.. I've been applying what I've learned. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've been dreaming about this Temple being an actual place and it's been very odd.. lol
"The most valuable of all talents is never using two words when one will do." - Thomas Jefferson

Knight of Jediism ~ Youth Officer ~ Intake Officer
Apprentices: Knight Leandros_Von ~ Garwa Mayharr ~ Steamboat28
Training Master: Damion_Storm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58301

Nick, to Lucid Dream means that you are aware that you are dreaming and are able to interact with and sometimes even able to control the dream. I've just started learning how to do this. No results yet but my body and mind are currently still resetting themselves (getting myself out of some bad habits) so i'm just going to have to be patient.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, SeanChing

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:05 #58304

• Adder
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yep, raises hand. I wish I had more control, but most of the time its just knowing I'm in the dream and enjoying living in such a different life. Some mornings it feels like I've been awake three or four days whilst asleep!!

I guess the first step is being able to remember your dreams. The next step might be remembering when you come in and out of a dream state throughout the night. I think the most amount of dreams I've remembered fully, upon awakening is 4 separate dream cycles - but that's only happened half a dozen times, usually a normal nights dreaming will see me remembering 2->3 cycles worth... unless any of the dreams is particularly strong then for me it can override memory of the others before it sometimes. the downside of having more involvement in dreams is that not all dreams are good dreams, and sometimes a dream can have the same emotions as real life but in unreal circumstances... but overall I think its worth it. My favorite thing is hovering and flying like in that Second Life game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allineare

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:40 #58309

I have the ability, but I only do so occassionally. Your brain knows what it needs to deal with, I feel that messing with it too often can hinder it's natural processes. But that is my own opinion.
Alethea "Setanaoko" Thompson
Apprentice to Br. John
randomthoughtsuniversity.wordpress.com/

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 22:22 #58314

Lucid Dreaming on a regular basis usually requires strict discipline, as well as a rigorous self analysis employing waking and dream journals. I have found John Magnus's "Astral Projection & the nature of reality" to be one of the best books on the subject.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 10:14 #58357

• Adhara
  • Knight
  • ID: 8269
I have lucid dreams for several years now. I don't know where this ability comes from, I've never learned it, studied it nor can I control when I have such dreams. But they are very cool.

Mostly this dream appear in the morning if I'm not in deep sleep or during a nap (what just happened :) ). Often I wake up because I have no idea how to continue the dream. After waking up I can't remember much of the dream, only the end of it.
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often" -Seven of Nine

Knight of TOTJO, Translation Team Member for German
Master: RyuJin
Apprentices: Adservio and Trose

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 11:46 #58360

i usually dont remember my dreams at all, but my gf sometimes has lucid dreams. i havent noticed her having one yet. she does say that one time, i woke up, turned on the lamp and started searching everywhere for a squid. i dont remember that tho.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 13:23 #58372

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
nice to see this ability among us, to those people who struggle to remember their dreams at all it is due to two main reasons
1. Not enough REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep, this is the stage of sleep you have dreams, these occur in 1 hour intervals, as the night progresses the dream time extends, by 8 hours of sleep your last dream should be about 45 mins
If you are getting less then 8 hours of sleep, you will most likely not remember dreams due to the short times
2. Your dreams aren't vivid enough, so your brain doesn't bother to remember them
A way to get through this is to wake up during a dream

Also, and this is quite important to lucid dreaming, do keep dream journals, as Zenchi has said above, if you can remember dreams, read through your last dream so your mind will think "carry on from last time" in a way
Another important thing for lucid dreaming is testing if you are dreaming, just don't do something a bit overkill, like punching a wall, just something small, like pinching yourself, I've wasted a lot of lucid dreams chance because I thought I was awake
Hope this helps any of you guys :D
post back if you need any more help
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Proteus)
    • What makes fear or lack of fear unnatural? Who is to say what is "not part of nature"? Is fear not a symptom of ignorance? And yet, death to this day is the biggest mystery in this world of "hard facts"... There were civilizations and eras where many people were rarely afraid of death, but instead, looked quite forward to it, due to setting aside some lack of facts for decided beliefs. That may sound dumb in common contexts, yet that empowering belief gave them incredible power over the life they did have, giving it a great meaning. The difference between the common person of today's society and one of them, is that they spent their life learning - not hard facts about the tangible world so much, but about matters of the spirit which taught them to be less attached to their physical bodies, and not so concerned with losing it in death - which is the common issue for us: attachment to the tangible experience of life, and not knowing (tangibly) what lies beyond it. "There is no death, there is the Force", is an affirmation, that the physical, tangible realm that we experience in this life is very likely but a grain of sand on a beach of further experiences beyond it.
    • Jedi Altar (Last post by JHolle3)
    • That is awesome! I love altars. Mine will most likely have several Buddhist items on it as well. I'd love to have one of those miniature zen gardens, with the little rake and sand.
    • Best martial art? (Last post by Locksley)
    • Like others have said: there really is no "best" martial art. It really just depends on what you're looking to get out of it and how well it suits you. Personally T'ai chi is one of my favorites. At the introductory levels its not about attacking or conflict at all; it's about learning to center yourself and build a powerful understanding of movement and form. Over time you begin to develop your form and your muscle memory becomes saturated with the art. It allows you to proactively respond in almost any physical condition better than you would without that training. In this way I'd suggest T'ai chi as a very powerful companion to any other martial art - it builds an excellent foundation that greatly improves your focus and progression in any martial arts form. I also study Aikido and saber fencing, and I'm looking to expand into WMA/HEMA (historical Western martial arts) one of these days as well. In both my fencing and Aikido however I've noticed an improvement from studying T'ai chi. Yoga behaves in much the same way as T'ai chi as well - by grounding you, building stamina and resistance, and helping you maintain a meditative presence under pressure. My suggestion? Study T'ai chi and yoga concurrently with whatever other martial art interests you the most, and you'll find that your training goes much smoother (though it will be a lot tougher if you're doing all three to begin with every week). Pace yourself. Don't reach for rank or anything, just settle in and practice a little every day. Ok, now I'm preaching, lol. :P
    • Jamie Hams It Up (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • This thread ... :huh: And I've been saying all along : "The Jedi do not have sin." :blink: ... until now. :laugh:
    • IP discussion area (Last post by J. K. Barger)
    • Bump :) I thought it was a pretty insightful book- I think I echo with Scott in that she makes no claims to any sort of certifying credential, and just presents the material in a chronological way that is, IMO, a decent enough baseline for folks to jump off and do their own research. I was also able to understand her pretty well, even in some of the denser mathematical and theoretical parts, which really helped me put together some of the bits and pieces of quantum physics research and pseudo-scientific literature into rounder context. She does insinuate, but I agree also with (I believe Desolous) there is something more to this, but does quite say what. And I think that perhaps is where she brings in her marketing skills and webinars. I wrote a post a little while back after reading it and was wondering if anyone had any experience with her online material, but it didn't seem like anyone had or was interested. Either way, the parts about information and how it is stored and transferred was fascinating and deepened the magical potential of Life as it ebbs and flows.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I'll post some old poetry here, I guess. It's spoken word, so it won't have the same impact as when it's recited. Also, I don't agree with the entirety of the message or with way I expressed what I was feeling at that time. Spoiler: Phony Playing the fool for a nation of fools A nation caught up in misguided rules Invisible fault lines colliding And we to be blame, our fault Recognition is big step But not a giant leap Shamelessly we employ slaves Women kept in domestic graves A narrative against those who misbehave But who am I to stand here and speak? A genderqueer white person Middle-class and educated Can't see past my own pile of shit Phony And all I can do is admit that I don't get it Phony Trampling injustice with a lead foot Speeding with arrogance towards fire and soot Crash course in stupidity Trying to embrace humility Only to wind up without the ability To see the futility Of my own proximity With the destructive proclivity Incidentally, I drown out the real voice with my audibility Openly I demonstrate the best parts of Christianity Secretly I'm wondering if God could ever love me Phony I'm pretty proud that I'm Irish and German But the Irish decided to turn-in their heritage For white man's burden Phony And what does it mean to be straight? Can I be impressed by a man's gait Or do I have to walk a fine line between Insecurity and self-hate? Phony I'm a hypocrite Culturally illiterate Inconsiderate asshole Is what I'd call America whole Phony How do I navigate the intricate web of lies Cutting ties with my identity To demonstrate deference If history needs a context Then I must have missed the reference Incensed by America's ignorance While I claim innocence Phony
    • Local Orginizations (Last post by V-Tog)
    • Hello Baldorf, and welcome by the way :) I think that Jamie gave you some pretty sound advice there and there's not much that I can add to it. However, I can clarify - there is the potential to set up TOTJO Chapters. It has already been attempted in the past. But, we would prefer someone leading a Chapter to be a Knight, and we do not currently have the luxury of huge numbers of active Knights (and most of those of us who are Knights or Masters are pretty busy with family, work, hobbies, online TOTJO...). So in answer to your question, yes, it is possible that at some point we may have various physical Chapters, and I think that it would be really great if we did. It's just not very realistic at this moment in time... But, perhaps, if you stick around, get to know us and work hard, you might find yourself being at the forefront of a Chapter somewhere down the line... :)
    • No Emotion, eh? (Last post by Zeph)
    • I like to use that analogy about the reflex of the moon over the water surface. If the water is disturbed, the image will be reflected distorced. The “waves” that disturb the water are our emotions. The "moon" is the reality. The "moon reflex" is the reality as our mind see. If we are lucid, we can see trough this "waves", If we are not, we see a "fake reality" distorced by our emotions. The point is that we must train (analitic meditation) to observe this mental process naturally, and choose better reactions.
    • There is no Death (Last post by Zeph)
    • Hum... really, there is no death, but the illusion of separation between life and death... just like there is the illusion of separation between the "me" and the "world", "past" and "future"... "(...)all the paths are empty (nothingness), do not born, do not end (...)", as the Heart Sutra says... For a different perspective from which we Westerners we are used,recommend that you read "The Bard Thodol" - "Liberation Through Hearing in the Intermediate State," commonly known as "The Tibetan Book of the Dead", is simple fantastic.
    • Visions (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I think we can easily put together the future if we knew all of the facts about everything. Many systems, such as emotions, thoughts, and other choices we make are HIGHLY predictable. Don't pretend humans are "surprising" in a any way. We can explain motivations behind almost anything. In dreams, we have all of the information there. It is synthesized in ways that our conscious minds cannot fathom. Our brain knows EVERYTHING, and has memories of important things. I'm sure everybody's familiar with simple brain mechanics. Stronger memories come from repeated signals that strengthen the synapses in our brain. I don't know exactly what happens when we dream, but I think our thoughts come together and synthesize into a non-coherent picture. If we remember them, and we remember the right one, often we can analyze a proper meaning from it. Just like a doctor notes the symptoms and makes a diagnosis, if we put enough factors together, we can tell the future. So, in dreams, you're basically being a "detective" and your finding out perspectives you didn't know you had. I doubt there's anything extra-normal about it.
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Bows I can't take to much credit for this as Some of it is based on the thoughts of a Martial Arts Instructor but some of what he said I thought applicable here in TOJO. Also the guide and philosophy I live by is not made up by me it s a combination of other works. To be honest I wasn't to sure what the reaction to the post would be. I am pleased and humbled by the responses so far. It would seem that the right balance has thus far been achieved. We are are individuals with our own views and if just one word makes a slight difference to just one person it would have still been worth wile doing. That was in fact something that Master Br John said to me quite some time ago :) Have a happy day :)

There are 179 visitors, 11 guests and 27 members online (one is in chat): Shadouness, Gaia Chi, Jestor, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Luthien, Locksley, Alexandre Orion, scott777ab, MCSH, Arcade, Buvan, Llama Su, Edan, Ness, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, TheImpailerXx, Jorge, ejgraydon, Trice Corbel, kevinabdiel, Jamie Stick, blindbat84, Xan Montagu, EEJim, Zeph, ShrapnelX2, smipen, JHolle3.

Follow Us