Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:12 #58295

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
Hi everyone I have a question for some of you, are any of you lucid dreamers? In some ways with people who practice peaceful things like yoga etc. I could be expecting a few yes's, I've been a lucid dreamer for months, so how many of you are? Now though it's quite late in England so I'll be on tomorrow to reply

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:37 #58297

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
just to check what do you mean by the term Lucid Dreamer, may help me answer
Thanks

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58300

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
I've been reading about it and trying.. I've been applying what I've learned. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've been dreaming about this Temple being an actual place and it's been very odd.. lol
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58301

Nick, to Lucid Dream means that you are aware that you are dreaming and are able to interact with and sometimes even able to control the dream. I've just started learning how to do this. No results yet but my body and mind are currently still resetting themselves (getting myself out of some bad habits) so i'm just going to have to be patient.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, SeanChing

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:05 #58304

• Adder
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yep, raises hand. I wish I had more control, but most of the time its just knowing I'm in the dream and enjoying living in such a different life. Some mornings it feels like I've been awake three or four days whilst asleep!!

I guess the first step is being able to remember your dreams. The next step might be remembering when you come in and out of a dream state throughout the night. I think the most amount of dreams I've remembered fully, upon awakening is 4 separate dream cycles - but that's only happened half a dozen times, usually a normal nights dreaming will see me remembering 2->3 cycles worth... unless any of the dreams is particularly strong then for me it can override memory of the others before it sometimes. the downside of having more involvement in dreams is that not all dreams are good dreams, and sometimes a dream can have the same emotions as real life but in unreal circumstances... but overall I think its worth it. My favorite thing is hovering and flying like in that Second Life game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allineare

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:40 #58309

I have the ability, but I only do so occassionally. Your brain knows what it needs to deal with, I feel that messing with it too often can hinder it's natural processes. But that is my own opinion.
Alethea "Setanaoko" Thompson
Apprentice to Br. John

I am a Coast Guardsman,
I serve the People of the United States,
I will protect them,
I will defend them,
I will save them,
I am their shield,
For them I am Semper Paratus,
I live the Coast Guard Core Values,
I am proud to be a Coast Guardsman,
We are the United States Coast Guard!

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 22:22 #58314

Lucid Dreaming on a regular basis usually requires strict discipline, as well as a rigorous self analysis employing waking and dream journals. I have found John Magnus's "Astral Projection & the nature of reality" to be one of the best books on the subject.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 10:14 #58357

• Adhara
  • Knight
  • ID: 8269
I have lucid dreams for several years now. I don't know where this ability comes from, I've never learned it, studied it nor can I control when I have such dreams. But they are very cool.

Mostly this dream appear in the morning if I'm not in deep sleep or during a nap (what just happened :) ). Often I wake up because I have no idea how to continue the dream. After waking up I can't remember much of the dream, only the end of it.
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often" -Seven of Nine

Knight of TOTJO, Translation Team Member for German
Master: RyuJin
Apprentices: Adservio, Trose, Aviator

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 11:46 #58360

i usually dont remember my dreams at all, but my gf sometimes has lucid dreams. i havent noticed her having one yet. she does say that one time, i woke up, turned on the lamp and started searching everywhere for a squid. i dont remember that tho.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 13:23 #58372

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
nice to see this ability among us, to those people who struggle to remember their dreams at all it is due to two main reasons
1. Not enough REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep, this is the stage of sleep you have dreams, these occur in 1 hour intervals, as the night progresses the dream time extends, by 8 hours of sleep your last dream should be about 45 mins
If you are getting less then 8 hours of sleep, you will most likely not remember dreams due to the short times
2. Your dreams aren't vivid enough, so your brain doesn't bother to remember them
A way to get through this is to wake up during a dream

Also, and this is quite important to lucid dreaming, do keep dream journals, as Zenchi has said above, if you can remember dreams, read through your last dream so your mind will think "carry on from last time" in a way
Another important thing for lucid dreaming is testing if you are dreaming, just don't do something a bit overkill, like punching a wall, just something small, like pinching yourself, I've wasted a lot of lucid dreams chance because I thought I was awake
Hope this helps any of you guys :D
post back if you need any more help
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Elite: Dangerous (Last post by Adder)
    • No I haven't played it yet, I think I watched a dev conference video a few months ago... not sure if it was prompted from a post here or just random interest. I have a question, does the initial purchase allow unlimited play, or do you have to buy the program and pay a subscription? I've got a Saitek Joystick (X45), but the throttle died, so I use a racing steering wheel (as throttle) and pedals (for yaw) to add the required control inputs. Its rough and ugly, but it gets the job done if I can get the axis' to match.
    • Gisteron (Last post by Luthien)
    • I have grown over the time that I've been here. I've witnessed and have gotten criticisms and been questioned, of which some call "tearing down", and I would say that it has helped me grow even more than I would've if I were to have been "talked up". Talking up and tearing down; they both have their merit at certain times. I really like the tearing down bit because it calls us on our BS and enables us to think more critically about what it is we want to share or discuss, rather than sharing anything and everything, waiting for people to clap and sing and praise. Talking up, in my opinion, just gives boost to the ego, whereas tearing down humbles the ego and calls for deeper, more creative thinking. On the other hand, there is a time where talking up helps one to get out of a rut of despair and tearing down only worsens it. They each have their positive and negative aspects. A balance of each keeps us level-headed, in my opinion.
    • People Killing Each Other (Last post by Adder)
    • I just put it down to poverty and cultural drivers, exasperated by increasing populations and better travel allowing disparate groups to bump into each other more and more. Perhaps isolated cultures are not as well able to adapt to these circumstances. It's a bit of race for everyone to get used to diversity and peace before the affordability of serious weapons becomes too dangerous ie; WMD proliferation. I don't think its normal or required for people to be killing each other. It does though exist in all strata's and types of communities, at individual and small group levels when their is ideological manipulation or force on some psychological or sociological vulnerability to manipulation.
    • Loosing a Loved one (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I'm sorry for your loss, brother.You are not alone. We have all lost, and so we all get it. Take the time you need to make meaning of this new time in your life. If you need to reach out, reach out.
    • Connor is back (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Yes absolutely! You can start a career at a lot of times. My friend is 65 and he's starting a Bass career now! He's performing too.
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Yeah, if the members here haven't paid attention yet they're likely not to begin now. My being upfront here has been pretty therapeutic, now if only I can get someone to take confession, that'd be really sweet, lol...
    • Helping the Homeless? (Last post by peace)
    • Where I live, California has homeless shelters and homes where they have volunteers who help feed the homeless. I on the other hand, helped upgrade one by changing it to a luxurious, fancy hotel lobby style. This place now has added chandeliers, no dirty smells, the floors and polished and cleaned daily, in house bathrooms with showers and even tables for you to sit in. This place is now hoping with homeless people. It is now visited by 10,000 homeless visitors daily. All thanks to me, the world is a little brighter, happier and nicer.
    • Pop killed the Rock star (Last post by Arcade)
    • I listen to music throughout 99% of my day (if at all possible) :) and buy a fair amount of music, and good rock bands are definitely still out there and abundant (in fact, I have a number of friends in relatively successful local rock bands). In many ways, the music industry has moved from the television and radio model (which is quickly becoming antiquated) to the internet model of music distribution. A large percentage of bands and musicians are now on labels of their own creation because they want to skip the greedy middlemen. Sadly, pop culture has always been about what they want you to listen to (as Senan well knows). I worked at a Top 40 radio station throughout high school and they really did have 40 songs they played each day (with few exceptions). Rock will never die. There will always be people, like yourself, with a love for the classic rock sound. ;) Rock will probably continue to evolve in some ways, and at this point in pop culture that means integrating electronic sounds. I love electronic music, so I initially came at this from a slightly different point of view... where electronic musicians introduced me to rock. I now listen to hybrid bands (rock and electronic) and bands that only use instruments (along with the necessary amplification equipment when they perform). Personally, I think there's room in the world for all of them. :) It sucks that the TV stations you like have changed their focus so dramatically. For better or worse, you may have to change your focus to find what you're looking for online or at live performances.
    • Best star wars movie/scene (Last post by Luthien)
    • I also like the scene where the two Skywalkers, father and son, duel it out and the father's love of his son empowered him to save the son.
    • What Jedi in canon reminded Light their entire car... (Last post by Streen)
    • It depends on what you consider canon. Here's a list off the top of my head: Streen Tionne Kam Solusar Anakin Solo Corran Horn (aka Keiran Halcyon) Leia Organa Solo more I just looked up (but should have remembered) :dry: : Dorsk 81 Kirana Ti Cilghal Ganner Rhysode Tenel Ka Lowbacca Ben Skywalker That's a surprisingly short list though, considering how many Jedi there are in the EU. I found that all the others I read about did have a brush with the dark side. Not a great track record, eh?
    • Quick Question (Last post by tzb)
    • For the Krishnamurti, yes: www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teach...hp?tid=1294&chid=993 For the Watts, you'd need to look at something like this: www.amazon.com/Still-Mind-An-Introductio...tation/dp/1577312147 - it's not the exact same material but I imagine it's near enough for the IP's purposes.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Different people might get different things from questions, what is 'truth' is best described as whatever helps that person progress closer to moving forward in whatever areas of their life they seek improvement. Doesn't mean we have to ignore the facts in that process. So what if there is a proposition that is not factual but does help the person in the sense that you suggest? By your definition it would then still be truth. So while truth doesn't necessarily conflict with reality, it can, by your standard. Now do you yourself find that an appropriate standard? I suppose this comes down to semantics anyway. Surely there may potentially be partially beneficial things that are in conflict with reality, its just that I couldn't label them as "true" from that point on, because my definition of truth is one that does require conformity with reality. I think growth is the drive of human learning, so its sort of in that context. In complexity 'correct' does not have to mean completely true, it can just mean movement towards truth.... depends on what is being asked I suppose. Not everything has empirical standards to be assessed by, but yes I think I understand what your saying - its why I tried to make a subtle differentiation by using two different terms, between truth (how I used it then) and fact.

There are 511 visitors, 5 guests and 34 members online (5  are in chat): Br. John, Octagon, steamboat28, RyuJin, Jestor, ren, Joe, Connor L., Adder, Learn_To_Know, Desolous, Proteus, Luthien, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, Whyte Horse, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Kohadre, wesleycook74, Edan, Senan, Zenchi, TraptInside, benedictveritas, Trice Corbel, Cabur Senaar, TambelSadera, porkapon763, Mikki70.

Follow Us