Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:12 #58295

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
Hi everyone I have a question for some of you, are any of you lucid dreamers? In some ways with people who practice peaceful things like yoga etc. I could be expecting a few yes's, I've been a lucid dreamer for months, so how many of you are? Now though it's quite late in England so I'll be on tomorrow to reply

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:37 #58297

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
just to check what do you mean by the term Lucid Dreamer, may help me answer
Thanks

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58300

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
I've been reading about it and trying.. I've been applying what I've learned. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've been dreaming about this Temple being an actual place and it's been very odd.. lol
Intake Officer ~ Youth Officer
Knight of Jediism

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58301

Nick, to Lucid Dream means that you are aware that you are dreaming and are able to interact with and sometimes even able to control the dream. I've just started learning how to do this. No results yet but my body and mind are currently still resetting themselves (getting myself out of some bad habits) so i'm just going to have to be patient.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, SeanChing

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:05 #58304

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yep, raises hand. I wish I had more control, but most of the time its just knowing I'm in the dream and enjoying living in such a different life. Some mornings it feels like I've been awake three or four days whilst asleep!!

I guess the first step is being able to remember your dreams. The next step might be remembering when you come in and out of a dream state throughout the night. I think the most amount of dreams I've remembered fully, upon awakening is 4 separate dream cycles - but that's only happened half a dozen times, usually a normal nights dreaming will see me remembering 2->3 cycles worth... unless any of the dreams is particularly strong then for me it can override memory of the others before it sometimes. the downside of having more involvement in dreams is that not all dreams are good dreams, and sometimes a dream can have the same emotions as real life but in unreal circumstances... but overall I think its worth it. My favorite thing is hovering and flying like in that Second Life game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allineare

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:40 #58309

I have the ability, but I only do so occassionally. Your brain knows what it needs to deal with, I feel that messing with it too often can hinder it's natural processes. But that is my own opinion.
Alethea "Setanaoko" Thompson
Apprentice to Br. John

"Stop praying. Praying is a sense of false accomplishment, thus leading you to inaction. If you stop praying, you will be driven to take action, which in the end will prove more effective." - Nathan Thompson

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 22:22 #58314

Lucid Dreaming on a regular basis usually requires strict discipline, as well as a rigorous self analysis employing waking and dream journals. I have found John Magnus's "Astral Projection & the nature of reality" to be one of the best books on the subject.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 10:14 #58357

• Adhara
  • Knight
  • ID: 8269
I have lucid dreams for several years now. I don't know where this ability comes from, I've never learned it, studied it nor can I control when I have such dreams. But they are very cool.

Mostly this dream appear in the morning if I'm not in deep sleep or during a nap (what just happened :) ). Often I wake up because I have no idea how to continue the dream. After waking up I can't remember much of the dream, only the end of it.
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often" -Seven of Nine

Knight of TOTJO, Translation Team Member for German
Master: RyuJin
Apprentices: Adservio, Trose, Aviator

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 11:46 #58360

i usually dont remember my dreams at all, but my gf sometimes has lucid dreams. i havent noticed her having one yet. she does say that one time, i woke up, turned on the lamp and started searching everywhere for a squid. i dont remember that tho.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 13:23 #58372

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
nice to see this ability among us, to those people who struggle to remember their dreams at all it is due to two main reasons
1. Not enough REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep, this is the stage of sleep you have dreams, these occur in 1 hour intervals, as the night progresses the dream time extends, by 8 hours of sleep your last dream should be about 45 mins
If you are getting less then 8 hours of sleep, you will most likely not remember dreams due to the short times
2. Your dreams aren't vivid enough, so your brain doesn't bother to remember them
A way to get through this is to wake up during a dream

Also, and this is quite important to lucid dreaming, do keep dream journals, as Zenchi has said above, if you can remember dreams, read through your last dream so your mind will think "carry on from last time" in a way
Another important thing for lucid dreaming is testing if you are dreaming, just don't do something a bit overkill, like punching a wall, just something small, like pinching yourself, I've wasted a lot of lucid dreams chance because I thought I was awake
Hope this helps any of you guys :D
post back if you need any more help
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • "The Way of the Knight of Jedi Realism" ... (Last post by SeventhSL)
    • Thank you all very much for taking the time to explain this to me. There are some great points in there and I'm very pleased I asked. If there is one thing that you guys seem to have in common its patients and a desire to help which is a good thing with me around. ;) Thanks again and sorry if I derailed the thread a little.
    • Today is a good day (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Hey all, having a lunch break on the balcony of my ward, Today is a good day! The sun is out and feeling happy, thought id share it! [attachment] [attachment] Enjoy!
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Bows I have copied a few items here and added my own thoughts. Hope you like it. It has helped me when my PTSD has a pop at taking over my existence :) A common goal in life (I would hope) is probably happiness. This is a tricky situation because happiness isn’t just one state of being, it’s within the mind, the self. It’s the ability to take what life has given you and to personalize it in a way that benefits you. If you work at happiness, maybe (just maybe), you will find something that satisfies you temporarily. Honestly, happiness is simply a by-product of living a loving, meaningful life. I do not think there is a guide, rules, or manual that will teach anyone how to live a “happy” life. There is advice, however, that can teach you how to approach certain situations to gain the best result. “Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.” – Anonymous True happiness comes from surrounding yourself with people whom you love and love you in return. If the people you surround yourself with are bringing you down, then you should avoid them. You should eliminate the negative in your life, you will be that much happier. Why would you choose to spend time with people that are holding you back when you can surround yourself with people that can elevate you? One of the biggest challenges in life is learning to accept people for who they truly are. Once you realize that your expectations cannot change people, the better off you will be. The problem will arise when the expectations do not materialize. If you find that you are going out of your way much more than the people you surround yourself with, it may be time to make some adjustments. I may suffer with PTSD but I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. Misery, torment unhappiness, sadness even fear are only born out of our own perceptions. Some of these feelings are thoughts and therefore not fact. It can be so hard to make real progress in life when you are stumbling over old hurdles. Looking at your immediate surroundings and finding there is something that is not bringing value and meaning to your life, then get rid of it. Do not feel obligated to hold on to something that is only making you miserable. You owe it to yourself to lead the best possible existence you can muster up. You, and only you, are in control of your happiness and when you choose to expand your mind and to focus on the good, you will be happier. Obviously it is different for everyone we are all unique, but once you stop looking for excuses as to why you cannot be happy, you will find so many reasons as to why you can. People make these justifications to prevent themselves from achieving greatness. This is a horrible mistake to make in life because all you are doing is sabotaging yourself. “I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.” - Louise Hay Everything you experience throughout the course of your life is unique to you, since your perception is what is shaping your reality. Expectation in others can lead to misgivings. I think this is because you falsely assumed someone’s behaviour would match your expectations. What happens when you realize the complete and utter error of your ways? You grow increasingly upset because you cannot wrap your mind around why someone would behave in this manner. That’s because you could never do something like that, so it’s difficult to understand the reasoning behind someone else’s actions. That is their way and you cannot police everyone. You can do things that will make you happy in the sense by gauging a situation. If circumstances will upset you, then you need to avoid them; actively realize what brings you joy and what brings you sadness. This is a way to ensure a happy existence. There is virtually no simpler way to recognize this. Something either brings you pain or pleasure and the things that bring you pleasure are what you should dedicate your time to. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.” -Marjorie Pay Hinckley. Focusing on the present moment is crucial; if you spend your time wallowing in the past or worrying about the future, you are only going to stress yourself out. Actively engage yourself in what you are currently doing and immerse yourself fully. Appreciate the fact that you are able to do whatever it is you are doing and realize how fortunate you are in shaping your own life. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” – Thomas Jefferson Learn to depend on yourself rather than others to bring you fulfillment. Only once you are happy on your own, can you hope to share your happiness with others. If you don’t, your unhappiness will resurface and manifest itself in destructive ways. You cannot hope to have any sort of successful relationship, whether it’s in the platonic sense, romantic sense or business sense. If you aren’t comfortable with yourself, how do you ever expect any relationship to flourish? I always use the saying. Do not search for happiness all you will become is very good at searching. Practice being happy and you will be 
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: I courious, 32 votes out of how many active people? I'd like to know how many people see/view the survey if it's possible? Does anyone have an idea how many people are active on the forum? Maybe an estimated range or how many unique visits/posts a week or something like that? 32 out of 32 active voting means something different from 32 out of 1,000 Rickie, it is not the point of 32 out of xx the point is that I want a good understanding of the active members that are interested. People who are interested can vote, people who are neutral can and people who are dislike it should vote to. The big idea behind this is to get some basic numbers that will support my pre-plan that I want to make. If the temple vote against the plan, there will not be a pre-plan. No support means not creating a plan. If the temple vote with the plan, there will be a consideration for a plan. Still it does not mean it will be there because a vote says it.. Voting is just a number.. To help me understanding the wishes of the temple :) To know if what I want to do is useful :3
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: "Jediism" is not a copyrighted name, we would probably just call ourselves "Jediists". Temple of the Jediist Order and such. I misread John's post - whoops :P

There are 246 visitors, 9 guests and 30 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Shadouness, Jestor, jedi_roz, Nakis, Wescli Wardest, Psyddhattha, Proteus, MJ Hannigan, Alan, scott777ab, Williamkaede, ckott, Brenna, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, benedictveritas, Frost, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Janice, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Korund Uku Luleko, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Aqua, Revan Falton, Doomeniek, Phillious, Ataela.

Follow Us