Any lucid Jedi?

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:12 #58295

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
Hi everyone I have a question for some of you, are any of you lucid dreamers? In some ways with people who practice peaceful things like yoga etc. I could be expecting a few yes's, I've been a lucid dreamer for months, so how many of you are? Now though it's quite late in England so I'll be on tomorrow to reply

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 19:37 #58297

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
just to check what do you mean by the term Lucid Dreamer, may help me answer
Thanks

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58300

• Reliah
  • Councillor
  • ID: 8859
I've been reading about it and trying.. I've been applying what I've learned. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've been dreaming about this Temple being an actual place and it's been very odd.. lol
"The most valuable of all talents is never using two words when one will do." - Thomas Jefferson

Knight of Jediism ~ Youth Officer ~ Intake Officer
Apprentices: Knight Leandros_Von ~ Garwa Mayharr ~ Steamboat28
Training Master: Damion_Storm

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 20:09 #58301

Nick, to Lucid Dream means that you are aware that you are dreaming and are able to interact with and sometimes even able to control the dream. I've just started learning how to do this. No results yet but my body and mind are currently still resetting themselves (getting myself out of some bad habits) so i'm just going to have to be patient.
At first, I thought I was going crazy...but then the gummy bears and unicorn told me I was just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah, SeanChing

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:05 #58304

• Adder
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yep, raises hand. I wish I had more control, but most of the time its just knowing I'm in the dream and enjoying living in such a different life. Some mornings it feels like I've been awake three or four days whilst asleep!!

I guess the first step is being able to remember your dreams. The next step might be remembering when you come in and out of a dream state throughout the night. I think the most amount of dreams I've remembered fully, upon awakening is 4 separate dream cycles - but that's only happened half a dozen times, usually a normal nights dreaming will see me remembering 2->3 cycles worth... unless any of the dreams is particularly strong then for me it can override memory of the others before it sometimes. the downside of having more involvement in dreams is that not all dreams are good dreams, and sometimes a dream can have the same emotions as real life but in unreal circumstances... but overall I think its worth it. My favorite thing is hovering and flying like in that Second Life game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allineare

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 21:40 #58309

I have the ability, but I only do so occassionally. Your brain knows what it needs to deal with, I feel that messing with it too often can hinder it's natural processes. But that is my own opinion.
Alethea "Setanaoko" Thompson
Apprentice to Br. John
randomthoughtsuniversity.wordpress.com/

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 29 Apr 2012 22:22 #58314

Lucid Dreaming on a regular basis usually requires strict discipline, as well as a rigorous self analysis employing waking and dream journals. I have found John Magnus's "Astral Projection & the nature of reality" to be one of the best books on the subject.
"Warning, may be offensive to some"-Z
Master: RyuJin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 10:14 #58357

• Adhara
  • Knight
  • ID: 8269
I have lucid dreams for several years now. I don't know where this ability comes from, I've never learned it, studied it nor can I control when I have such dreams. But they are very cool.

Mostly this dream appear in the morning if I'm not in deep sleep or during a nap (what just happened :) ). Often I wake up because I have no idea how to continue the dream. After waking up I can't remember much of the dream, only the end of it.
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often" -Seven of Nine

Knight of TOTJO, Translation Team Member for German
Master: RyuJin
Apprentices: Adservio and Trose

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 11:46 #58360

i usually dont remember my dreams at all, but my gf sometimes has lucid dreams. i havent noticed her having one yet. she does say that one time, i woke up, turned on the lamp and started searching everywhere for a squid. i dont remember that tho.

Re: Any lucid Jedi? 30 Apr 2012 13:23 #58372

• Oliver
  • ID: 7390
nice to see this ability among us, to those people who struggle to remember their dreams at all it is due to two main reasons
1. Not enough REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep, this is the stage of sleep you have dreams, these occur in 1 hour intervals, as the night progresses the dream time extends, by 8 hours of sleep your last dream should be about 45 mins
If you are getting less then 8 hours of sleep, you will most likely not remember dreams due to the short times
2. Your dreams aren't vivid enough, so your brain doesn't bother to remember them
A way to get through this is to wake up during a dream

Also, and this is quite important to lucid dreaming, do keep dream journals, as Zenchi has said above, if you can remember dreams, read through your last dream so your mind will think "carry on from last time" in a way
Another important thing for lucid dreaming is testing if you are dreaming, just don't do something a bit overkill, like punching a wall, just something small, like pinching yourself, I've wasted a lot of lucid dreams chance because I thought I was awake
Hope this helps any of you guys :D
post back if you need any more help
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Quitting Smoking (Last post by Luthien)
    • That's great! I'm happy that you finally quit after so long. I replaced smoking with nasal snuff and never looked back. Can't even stand to be in the vicinity of cigarette smoke, anymore. :P My favorite flavor is Sandalwood. Royal George comes in a close second. Mmm. Anyway, BIG congrats to you in your success. I wish you longer periods of non-smoking, should you happen to partake in a smoke some time in the near future. I know how difficult it is. MTFBWY
    • Inmate complains that prison 'bigots' are preventi... (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • The accommodation that needs to be setup for a practising Jedi behind bars might include: 1. Access to the initiate program 2. Access to a jedi journal 3. Access to sermons This is all very easy to do with a computer and internet but I don't believe inmates are allowed either of these. I wonder if one could do all this offline, the way correspondence courses work. Make it into a self-contained book and drop it off at the prisons.
    • How To Change The World: Repetition, Ritual and Be... (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Yes, Alan, I admit that the goal is not to actively go looking for the spiritual experience of the "soul" on the religious buffet. What I am cautioning against here is simply piling 'portions' of religion on a plate just to 'have some', or in the desire to feel - or appear - virtuous. 'Badly prepared meat can become poison ; well prepared poison can be medicinal.' (I don't remember who told us that) It seems to me that things may spoil quickly on the buffet -- I don't know as one can search for the soul, or even if it exists. Hell, I'm not even convinced that minds or hearts exist. Bodies might be there -- after all we do get hungry (and horny ... :laugh: ) But it feels rather that the practice of religion is like that of meditation : if it is done for something, some hoped for result other than its own sake, it is blowing into a violin. :unsure: And yes also, what you are saying about the recombination of religion and philosophy. They could never have been truly separate, except for in the social paradigm. Even dualists refer to soul as consciousness ... We'll just need to be very careful to avoid as best we can our philosophy, religion, praxis and science - now under such seemingly cautious cultivation from becoming compétitive and condescending ... As it were, we are well enough conditioned into these practices (competing and judging) that the repetition of our lessons on an even hourly basis wouldn't be too frequent. ;)
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by EEJim)
    • Men are born soft and supple; dead they are stiff and hard. Plants are born tender and pliant; dead, they are brittle and dry. Thus whoever is stiff and inflexible is a disciple of death. Whoever is soft and yielding is a disciple of life. The hard and stiff will be broken. The soft and supple will prevail. ~ Lao Tzu
    • Language learners (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: The large sweeping motions in movies and wushu competitions are not the same as gong fu in practical application. I"ve found from personal experience that it becomes compacted in live combat. A high level of control, even a "natural state" of hand and arm gestures close to the body, is an insane advantage. Like the sign for "snake" or "wall", its easy to see how having a dictionaries worth of word movements to apply is like having every tool in the toolbox. Blocking especially. My father in law and fiance practice tai chi and wing chun so I know know you mean about movies, although I don't practice myself. I've never thought about the other practical applications of martial arts beyond the obvious; I learnt something new this week!
    • My Daughter (Last post by MCSH)
    • I'm so sorry Damion,... and I'm glad that she is okay now. I've missed this topic... I'll have you and your family in mind
    • From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Yeah, I looked it up, its in the public domain just about everywhere in the world except the United States as they changed copywrite laws to expand to 95 years after death..... :/

There are 206 visitors, 6 guests and 14 members online (one is in chat): Gaia Chi, RyuJin, ren, Connor L., Luthien, Whyte Horse, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, babyblueyes247, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, benedictveritas, Xan Montagu, Elensia, Shoshin, bane1990, Kanto.

Follow Us