Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Skywalker Code (Last post by Adder)
    • Jedi are Guardians of Peace - yes Jedi are the Guardians of Peace - no Important difference, as the former means a more realistic application of the understanding, such as within ones own selfhood. The later is a bit delusional as it implies authority which simply does not exist - because its from fiction where it did exist.
    • What kind of Jedi are you… a self-evaluation. (Last post by Adder)
    • 1) Why have you chosen this path? Most accurate association to current path. 2) Why have you continued this long? Remained closest association haha, but seriously because I think it's the right thing to do. 3) A Jedi lives a life of? (one word that best describes your answer) Focus, learning and wise action = naturally!!! 4) When faced with a difficult personal decision you look for guidance? Everywhere, but no-one in particular. 5) When asked what religion you follow, you reply? A blend of relevant things mainly focused on buddhism, science and philosophy which I integrate and call Jediism. 6) How does one gain the most from the Jedi path? Focus, learning and wise action :blink: :) 7) Would you sacrifice your job because of personal beliefs? Yea to an extent. I already have once. 8) Would you accept separation of your friends and family because of personal beliefs? Would I change my beliefs.... depends, probably not - even at that cost ^. 9) Do you support the Order even when it is inconvenient to you? I guess, to some extent but changing how ones perception of something mitigates emotional baggage. 10) Is it more important for you to be right or learn? Both at once is preferred, but learning is more rewarding for me then being right, but perhaps me being right could be more rewarding for someone else... just to confuse the issue. Let us pretend that you earn enough money to purchase a five hundred thousand dollar home in a nice neighborhood and live there comfortably. But, that is about all you will be able to do with the income you make. What do you do? Buy three smaller properties, live in one, rent out the other two to derive additional income clear of living costs to fund philanthropy, training etc. Let us pretend you are driving down the road and notice an animal off to the side of the road that has been struck by a car. It is far beyond saving due to extensive injuries but is still alive at the moment. What do you do? Injured animals are already under a lot of stress, so it depends... ideally I'd sit with it and try to be loving till the end - but it might prefer just someone to keep its 'space' clear and without threats. Maybe sing to it or something... Let us pretend you are walking to the store and as you round the corner you come across a crime in progress. As soon as you do round the corner the assailant stops attacking the victim and flees in an opposite direction. You are alone and realize that you did not get a good look at the assailant and the victim, at first glance, appears to only have superficial injuries. What do you do? Ask questions, write down details from witnesses before they forget to pass on to authorities. Perhaps pursue from a distance to assess escape route and hiding location. Let us pretend you have decided to donate time and money to a charity and are volunteering at a soup kitchen. This scene unfolds before you… A man, presumably the husband, stands at the corner smoking what appears to be smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. The wife, showing signs of being abused, proceeds to the line with two small children looking for food and financial aid. The children keep looking back with a worried look on their faces and tensions seem to be elevated. What do you do? Not much, too many assumptions, perhaps line up behind the women (with no intention of getting any food aid) just so someone else is there during that tense moment if violence is seemingly imminent - to deter it by being present. Let us pretend that while you were having a Sunday picnic in a field a strange light appears in the air. This light gets close and grows in size until you realize it is an alien spacecraft. It begins to, what appears to you, land. What do you do? Shepherd family behind me, get them to record it from behind me, slowly retreat to cover and ring authorities... depending on progression of events. Let us pretend that you are online having a conversation with someone that either appears to not be as in touch with reality as you feel they should be. What do you do? Look for common ground, try and assess the nature of altered view and then extents... and if considered a risk to anyone (incl. themselves) recommend considering some professional health provider approaches to mitigate the negative impacts that person might be experiencing. Let us pretend that there is a strange and deadly virus going around that only you seem to be immune to. Doctors and scientist have discovered a way to harness your unique ability to not only be immune to the virus but have discovered and proven that there is something in your body that will cure all those infected. The catch is that to harness enough of it to help people will mean that you will die. What do you do? Understand the mechanism, observe it working for proof, ensure close family is cured, be consulted in method of delivery to remainder of population - if satisfactory then allow it to happen. Let us pretend that you find yourself in a life or death situation with two other individuals. You have several options presented. One, save the person you have known a long time and care about but you and the other will die. Two, save the other person that is a very important person in the world that has done several great things to benefit others and is still working on more things to come but you and the other person will die. Three, save yourself and let the others die. Four, try to save everyone and you all will die. Which would be the most likely choice you feel you would make? The 4th, keep fighting till the end as the only certainty in life is change... and taxes. Let us pretend that the end of society as we know it has come. What would you imagine yourself doing at that time? And what do you think will really happen? Depends, if it was imminent probably get inappropriately happy and try to ascend in some spiritual high.... else work to create a new society based on human rights, and all the good stuff which Jediism might espouse to. Let us pretend that you have reread all the questions after answering them and then reread your answers objectively. Would you be happy if someone else answered these questions that way and are you the Jedi you feel you can be? I'll sleep on it and if relevant post an answer in my journal - otherwise yes & yes (given the conditions they are provided).
    • Exponential growth of the number of laws since 250... (Last post by Adder)
    • For me its a bit like the downside of a system/society becoming transparent (accountable), everything all of a sudden looks worse.... but in reality it was just as bad before its just no-one knew about it because it was not transparent, and transparency is required before real progress can be made in improving how things work. And for the outsider looking in, we need to meter our subjective reaction to the apparent to the relative truth of its broader context, IMO. With law's I think it shows that people are willing to keep looking for advantage in beating the idealism towards a free and moral society. Ethics sort of (to me at least) is the grey area between legal and illegal, and it seems that so long as people want to get ahead of the other bloke, they will push the boundary layer between ethics and illegality - which means laws need to become more detailed and therefore more numerous. That is a good thing IMO, but the bigger a body of instruments is, the more they can be abused themselves!!!! The judiciary probably needs constant and close scrutiny to ensure the legal system remains functional towards the needs of society as determined by that society.
    • Chistian Flag Flown Over National Flag - Pandemoni... (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I don't make it a habit to click on links associated with Fox news, but I did find this short interview interesting. I can't say I agree with either side of the debate - I'm more of an outside observer - but it is certainly something to ponder, if nothing else. [video] Thoughts?
    • Scientists Create Holograms you can Touch (Last post by Ariane)
    • Dear Gisteron, You seem like someone who knows science but If you didn't understand it's better to look at Youtube to explain lol. Also if you like technical explanation which I am certain might satisfy your question go to Page One (click here) of this debate. How does this light molecule respond to force fields? Well there are many types of field of force such as the magnetosphere would be able to repel this new matter and also gravitational force fields like that dense objects would create would attract these particles. It has been a great challenge to achieve the direct light manipulation of matter on a bulk scale. The new research, published in Nature Photonics, shows for the first time how Breit and Wheeler’s theory could be proven in practice. This ‘photon-photon collider’, which would convert light directly into matter using technology that is already available, would be a new type of high-energy physics experiment. This experiment would recreate a process that was important in the first 100 seconds of the universe and that is also seen in gamma ray bursts, which are the biggest explosions in the universe and one of physics’ greatest unsolved mysteries. The scientists had been investigating unrelated problems in fusion energy when they realised what they were working on could be applied to the Breit-Wheeler theory. The breakthrough was achieved in collaboration with a fellow theoretical physicist from the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics, who happened to be visiting Imperial college. Demonstrating the Breit-Wheeler theory would provide the final jigsaw piece of a physics puzzle which describes the simplest ways in which light and matter interact. The six other pieces in that puzzle, including Dirac’s 1930 theory on the annihilation of electrons and positrons and Einstein’s 1905 theory on the photoelectric effect, are all associated with Nobel Prize-winning theories. Professor Steve Rose from the Department of Physics at Imperial College London said: “Despite all physicists accepting the theory to be true, when Breit and Wheeler first proposed the theory, they said that they never expected it be shown in the laboratory. Today, nearly 80 years later, we prove them wrong. What was so surprising to us was the discovery of how we can create matter directly from light using the technology that we have today in the UK. As we are theorists we are now talking to others who can use our ideas to undertake this landmark experiment. [video] Well Im off to bed, Love & Light Peace & Blessings
    • Another drug discussion (Last post by Adder)
    • Reminds me of coffee withdrawal I'm doing at the moment, apparently the caffeine blocks something which would otherwise inhibit activity of dopamine (and norepinephrine). So the body responds to regular caffeine use by increasing the number of the receptors for that thing being inhibited.... which means it compensates for the caffeine - reducing caffeines effects (creating tolerance), but also creating a dependency because stopping caffeine now creates an imbalance of the thing caffeine was inhibiting!!! Thus leaving the ex-drinker with too much of that inhibitor (adenosine), which can be uncomfortable as the body has to rebalance itself. The good news is coffee would probably get its 'kick' back LOL, but it highlites that playing with neurochemicals are part of a system of various interacting elements, and messing with even one can have an effect on lots of other system components. The trick is each part of those components can influence a different parts in different amounts of our perception, and mechanisms of addiction probably best center around when a substance changes your body in such a way that cessation of the substance will cause physical or psychological discomfort or failure. Prednisone comes to mind, its not 'mind-altering' but its a medicine which creates conditions like this. It alters the functioning of a body system to the extent where stopping the medicine cold turkey would cause serious health impacts. I"d call it an addiction. To stop using it you have to slowly reduce the dose over a week or two, to allow your body to compensate and return to normal balance without the medication in the body. So back to mind-altering drugs, not all mind-altering drugs are addictive physically - but some people develop strong habits enough that they incur what used to be called a psychological addiction (as opposed to a physiological addiction as described above). These are not current medical terms, and I'm not in health care so I'm just talking off the cuff, but my point is drug action is rather complex at the scientific end of things, but also quite complex at the perception end of things. Some drugs are stronger in these regards to others, and some people prefer some drugs over others.... so it starts to become about understanding the impact of the drug, and how it operates in regards to affecting the body. Most users are only concerned about how it impacts their perception (instant reward) and even less about health risks such as liver stress etc, and even more less about what is actually going on in the brain (or other target sites). One thing IMO seems certain, that drug addiction is less about the use of a drug, and more about the abuse of it. Knowledge is power, but it is a complex topic. The problem is most users probably abuse the drug, especially new users. Lecturers thus have to talk in simplified terms perhaps to get fundamental messages across to position students minds in a place where they can process more information. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_dependence
    • The Force (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Quote: The Force consists of the Light side and the Dark Side. Although this only applies for this dimension. In all other dimensions there is only Light. How do you know what the other dimensions are like?
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by rugadd)
    • I hover between 200 and 325 but I have been consistent. I have noticed that dropping and doing 25 at various times at work revitalizes me. My goal is still a thousand a day. I'm going to see if I can hit 400 tonight.
    • Religious Trauma Syndrome (Last post by Akkarin)
    • www.alternet.org/belief/religious-trauma...ealth-problems?sc=fb Maybe it isn't a "real" thing, but if it is then this is its outline: Spoiler: Reminds me of this film about a girl's experience with an abusive cult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERREgOobLOs
    • School of Life Short lessons (Last post by Vusuki)
    • This came out today. The Meaning of Life in 60 seconds. How much is true? Up to you, :) Hope it gives pause for thought. Enjoy.
    • TOTJO's First Ever Fund Raiser Auction (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: it all depends what you pay for. royal mail doesnt offer end to end international tracking with signature as far as I know... But you can ship 500g from the UK to switzerland and switzerland to the uk for about 10 dolllars.You can also pay 100, and have next day delivery, tracking, signed for, etc. Shipping is usually quite expensive because sellers want tracking and signatures. There is 'International tracked and signed for' by Royal Mail as I used it when I sent a package to my FIL in the Philippines, that said I don't remember it being cheap :/ Indeed I just looked at it, they do offer it for some destinations... I still prefer couriers though, mostly because they handle customs without slapping exorbitant fees on top of the tariffs and VAT.
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Vusuki)
    • This is beautiful. I'm taking a quick break and this is something I love listening to. Funnily the last time I posted in this thread it was from the same soundtrack, :p Enjoy.

There are 975 visitors, 11 guests and 33 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Vusuki, Kamizu, klyde, Avalonslight, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, Purrabella, Calanon, Dessel761, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, Fenton, Mandalore XIII, Taiwone, Protonix, ParadoxicalThought, Neorian, Rarthezaros, theta, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, HJulius1017, TheUndreamer, Noct Pool, Spenserhawk, wreckhavok.

Follow Us