Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by Proteus)
    • From a youtube comment (explaining exactly how I've always interpreted this piece): Quote: to me, the humming in the background represents incessant,repetitive,self-critical thoughts that creep in our minds without even us realizing it.the more noticeable piano notes are our desires,ambitions,yearning to be accepted,regrets,sorrows.the gongs in the middle of the song are eventuality of something big,life changing.something that will shake up a lot of things in your life whether you like it or not.similar to what happens in the film.nothing will remain the same except those incessant,repetitive,self-critical thoughts that creep in our minds without us realizing it. Quote: the screeching chant representing the anxiety of the unknown before the silence.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Proteus)
    • Quote: Drip... So heavy my limbs, So tired, such an effort to rise up from the comfort blanketness the warm doziness that has fastened me securely to the darkness behind my eyes, Drip...drip Yet it disturbs me, Like an echo that swirls slowly around, That sound, Drip.....drip It calls to me with shattered teeth, Painful stiring within my bones, Wounds the silence with its sharp breath, Drip.......drip, I am falling into myself, With sweet abandonment, Gently darkness caresses' each curve and I am melting into familiar feelings, Yet.... Drip.........drip Such a battle just to turn my head, My cheek resting against the soothing marble, Eyes flutter like dying wings, Drip..............drip There is a pattern of life that smears the reality of the surface it barely touches, It spreads, A flow that leaks into each line, Reflecting surrender, Drip.........................drip, I am undone, I cant turn back, too many steps along this path, Barely a choice, more a natural feature of the stumble across what holds us here, And what are we? If unable to be? If it slips away, as a wave will flow back into the ocean, And you cannot bear the uncovered bleakness? Drip.. Welcomed into the eternity of nothing and nowhere That reaches eagerly to taste the last memory of what is. And........ Silence so deep you can taste the metallic flavour.... ...
    • The lost years of Jesus (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • I haven't checked the source material in this article but it references sections the of the Bhavishya Maha Purana (a late edition from after 1739) and the Rajatarangini (1148 AD). Who knows whether the Isha Masiha is Jesus, but there are old myths in India about a foreigner that could be easily (and have been) conflated with Jesus, rightly or wrongly. It doesn't seem to be solely a recent phenomenon. www.adishakti.org/forum/history_of_isha_...hrist_12-13-2006.htm Some Islamic accounts from the late 1st Millenium also suggest that Jesus did not die in Palestine but went to foreign lands. The English, the French, the Americans, Egyptians, and Ethiopians have all claimed that Jesus visited their lands at some point. Again - I'm not sure whether the historical truth of any of these stories is the thing we're meant to focus on. Having said that, if the source documents for Novotich's translation could be identified and dated that might or might not lend credence to an older source for a visit to India: (reluctant-messenger.com/issa1.htm)
    • What gives you strength? (Last post by Streen)
    • In my experience you get strength from doing something that makes you feel weak. The situation in which you find yourself where you need strength will give it to you once you face it.
    • Astral Projection (Last post by Katash Weivorki)
    • In all things be mindful. But I'd say not to let fear prevent you from any thing. Demons feed on fear, thus being afraid gives them strength. You'll be able to overcome this beast if you allow yourself to. Or perhaps what you heard, was a manifestation of your fear of the demonic. As a once believer in hell, just maybe it's your subconscious creating a sort of gatekeeper in a matter of words. Not every dark force we sense is demonic.
    • Light Saber/Universal Remote (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Yeah the kids lost the TV remote. I hate remotes anyway. I need to control a bunch of devices. Decided to make a gesture-based controller from a raspberry pi. So the problem is that the pi is too big to fit in a hilt. It's about 85.60mm x 56mm x 21mm (or roughly 3.37″ x 2.21″ x 0.83″). What would be a neat way to use the pi as a handheld gesture device like the wii or the dr who sonic screwdriver or a light saber or whatever? [image]
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Working two jobs and always being afraid whether I'll be able to pay the bills or afford the bus to my second job is awful.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Goken)
    • I'm grateful for all of you. It's been a rough couple of days and it doesn't look like it'll get any easier for a few more. You guys have really helped. Thank you to all of you. :)
    • Tai chi chuan for begginers (Last post by Sotunus)
    • A relatively good documentary on Tai Chi as a martial discipline, although it suffers the flaws of all such travel dairy type martial arts documentaries: [video] Do not expect too much in the way of technical learning, but it might open one's eyes up to more possibilities, and general principles. As a resource on Tai Chi Chuan; I have found the work of the late Joanna Zorya invaluable; www.martialtaichi.co.uk/index.html One can also find information on the disciplines of Baguazhang & Xingyiquan, which are excellent arts for developing a strong foundation for advanced Tai Chi combat principles. As an exercise alone, I favour simplifies Yang-style, as it is hard to go wrong with it compared to the more traditional styles and their longer forms. What I would say of video training, or potentially getting things wrong; every step on a path is a potential misstep, but every journey starts with a single step. Better to be making the journey, and learning, even against adversity, than it is to have never tried. Yes, finding a teacher would be best, but kudos for training, and making the effort, and good luck.
    • jedi haiku (Last post by steamboat28)
    • the stage has no hue; light and dark together flow, back and forth, always.
    • Chi? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Is reiki, the same basic concept? Reiki (supposedly) means "universal ki." It's a strange concept unrelated to personal chi, as it claims not to involve any individual's chi, but rather some benevolent universal energy instead. Which is bollocks, from my educated opinion. As far as the OP goes, chi is present in nearly every single magickal, mystical, or spiritual practice in some degree. From numina to ruach to chi to ki to prana to animus to the extremely specific concepts of mana and tapu, you can find analogous concepts all over. As to how to use it? Develop it first. Then ask someone who does it. I'm sure there are plenty in this thread.
    • 2015-2016 Sermon Schedule (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Couple of quick changes to the calendar: 1. The sermon scheduled for the 1st has been moved to the third and will now be delivered live and with audio by Rosalyn J 2. The Sermon originally planned for the 3rd has already been published and is located here: www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2208-graceful-fickleness 3 Alexandre Orion will deliver a sermon on the 6th of August. All other things remain the same

There are 454 visitors, 8 guests and 48 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, baru, Jestor, Karn, ren, Connor L., Desolous, Gisteron, Proteus, Luthien, V-Tog, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Alan, PatrickB, Metsu Desal, Whyte Horse, J. K. Barger, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Edan, tzb, Rick D, Cabur Senaar, Cristris_Jons, Aqua, Tarran, Slebo, Rocda, den385, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Krieger, CryojenX, Tellahane, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, Vigebo, The Polish Winged Hussar, Jeriko, Orlando.k72, Katash Weivorki, Twelve, bunk, Pau1.

Follow Us