Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Edan, Knighthood, Announcement and Ceremony, 2015 (Last post by PatrickB)
    • Félicitation Eden et que la force te protège et que les mots qui résonne de tout ses sens pour bien comprendre les forces . Les force . les forces a qui de droit est la force je croix donc j'existe dans la force . Devenir la force avec un élan de force comme tes études ton permis . A toi grande dame de la société . Et que la force soit avec toi . ;)
    • online education and e-learning (Last post by Tellahane)
    • Much like any open source project moodle has had contributions from a large number of coders so the project ends up with a big pile of this idea's mixed with that idea's, so it can be hard to navigate and figure out, unlike other projects like blackboard where its built from the ground up with a design in mind. I've written a private LMS(learning management system) before, its quite a large project to take on.
    • "The Death of Expertise" (Last post by adventureexcitement242)
    • Quote: Quote: I feel like the dumbing down of America has created a population that is threatened by educated people, particularly experts. People don't like to be wrong, but they are too lazy to learn what is right so they attack the expert in an attempt to discredit him or her. It's sad. Unfortunately, this is a global phenomenon. Right-wing political tendencies mostly go hand in hand with anti-academia. This is not a major point, but more progressive folks can also have an anti-science outlook. An easy example would be the villification of wheat.
    • Once Again, Scientists Conclude That There's No Ev... (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: Quote: The logical fallacy that is inherent in this is in assuming that because the homeopathy for water or alcohol is sound, that homeopathy as a whole is sound - "what the hey, small enough amounts of plutonium can be healthy for you!". Unfortunately that's something that a lot of people fall victim to (not necessarily that exact example, mind). Ah, but the topic says that there's no evidence that homeopathy works. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of real medicine recognized by doctors and all that. But my response was really more "Here's an example of homeopathy working", meaning that it may not be the case that homeopathy as a whole is great, but neither is it the case that homeopathy as a whole is rubbish. Likewise I'd say the statement "Homeopathy works" would be valid only if followed by "in some very specific cases". Touche, your point is duly noted my good man. :laugh:
    • Rosalyn J, Deacon, Ceremony, 2015 (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: Since we'd planned to be there anyway, we'll carry on with a live service -- it will be presented by Edan. So, if anyone was planning on coming, we'll still be there .... Hope to see you all there. ;) Bummer! I had to bow out before the decision was made due to migraine leftovers. I hope the service will at some point be posted for those who weren't there. :)
    • Leave of Absence, Extended. (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Until further notice, I am taking an extended leave of absence from my status and position as a Licensed Minister. If, upon further reflection, I still feel that the issues that prompted this leave will remain in effect beyond my ability to affect them, I will renounce said position. We'll see what the future holds. -M. W.
    • I'm new here. What are some ground rules? (Last post by Jayar)
    • Quote: To be honest, our FAQs are so comprehensive nowadays that they kind of do have all the answers (well, most...) There's not much else to add in regards to your questions...I think the answer is to take a look at the Initiates Programme, as directed by the FAQs. It's designed so that you can go in 'cold' - you don't need to prepare for it or be overly familiar with TOTJO before you start. Or if you don't want to go that route, I guess the way to learn more is just to chat with people, get involved with forum discussions, etc etc It really is that simple! :) Oh, and welcome to the Temple, by the way... ;) I was looking at the exams, and I still have no idea about the structure of the temple. But I appreciate friendly people!
    • Does "love" work? (Last post by baru)
    • I am discovering that my ultimate purpose is to allow experiences to flow through me and to radiate love into the world. I feel that if all I did (with all that I do) was allow the force to express itself through me in a loving way, I would be "saving the world". I do feel that this world needs as much love as it can to help heal all of the wounding that leads to the "trauma" that is perpetuating it. We are creating our own monsters with how we treat each other. If we want to sooth the beast, we need to take the thorn out of our own paw so we can see the light in all things. I have discovered that "gratitude" is an amazingly powerful healing practice.
    • alternatives to Facebook? (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Please tell me more about this?? :D EDIT: I feel like such a boob - Gathered Force Community is in FB :P lol And here I thought it was a Jedi social media thing all on its own :D ahahahaha Umm.....It is....it's own thing....all on its own ;) The Facebook Page is just a platform of connectivity....much like TOTJO's very own facebook page ;) Try putting the words together.....and a .com at the end of those words ;) maybe even add a http://www. before the words.....Warning<-- Kit is being silly gatheredforcecommunity.com/ Hey John! I just got a surprise last night (Like...literally at 1am in the morning....) So I will be focusing on the map again, see if I can't figure out the problem. It's sadly expired on some of the perks so....we shall see. I will figure this out Rawr!!!
    • Jedi Pyramid (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: This thread is like......almost 3 years old. ah, so it is, lol....i never look at the dates on posts...just saw something that caught my attention....
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Un dîner entr'amis – Ton sourire entoure la douceur de ta voix ; tes paroles se lèvent avec les flammes des chandelles et les fumées d'encens et de ta cigarette ~ Tu parles de la politique et de l'économie, ton ton local sérieux ; je t'écoute comme bercé par une comptine … Tu regardes le Moment sous un aspect suspect, son mouvement serpentin t'hypnotise : la menace d'accords internationaux, la devise « Sadchidananda », la découverte d'une lointaine planète … Surnaturel, ta conviction admirative tâtonne la Nature ; tu as beau savoir bien faire maintes choses, tu ne sais nullement mentir ~ ~ au moins, pas encore. La Sur-nature t'eut donné tes qualités ; Comme la fleur de midi – pleine d'espoir et de crainte – tu te tourne le feuillage vers le soleil tandis que tes racines cramponnent la roche … Un instant dans le Moment : un point sans substance et sans dimension, sans matière et sans mesure, étincelle en Toi l'éclat de mille astres. La Sur-nature et Moi l'eûmes mis là en ce fantasme éclairé et obscurci aussitôt … Ton sourire enveloppe le chant de calendriers et de clepsydres, renfermant le gouffre entre le Big Bang et l'extinction de la dernière étoile. Je prends ta main surnaturelle et un nouvel univers jaillit de l'abysse brumeux de nos Temps … Alexandre Orion 26 juillet 2015
    • Service (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • I can relate to your situation. I used to ride a bike like yours, wear a backpack, work at a software company, etc. Here are the steps I took to get out of the matrix: 1. Quit the jobbie 2. Sell everything at a garage sale 3. Go to to the poorest country on the planet and talk to the poorest people 4. Teach them everything you know 5. Learn everything you can 6. Come back to the awoken people that you left behind 7. Behold the horrors of what you have learned 8. Pound dirt into 80 tires with a sledgehammer 9. Join the rebel alliance and fight the empire 10. Follow your dreams I assume your path will be a little different but it's just another version of the heroes journey. If you feel empty and bored then you're not on the journey.
    • Jedi and Drugs (Last post by Tarran)
    • Marijuana: "I wanna chill out for a while and focus." :) Salvia: "I wanna relax for like, 30 seconds." :side: Cocaine: "I'm gonna get EVERYTHING done, FOREVER!" :cheer: LSD: "Wow, man... like, that plaid cloud sounded so chocolatey!" :blink: Crystal Meth: "I GOTTA GET THESE BEES OUT OF MY TEETH!!" :woohoo:
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Corwinani)
    • about a month ago i finished ICE STATION from MATTHEW REILLY - this i can recommend for 100% and last book i finished yesterday was in Czech language :Conan - Acheron dagger - fantasy book about Conan the Cimmerian :)

There are 477 visitors, 7 guests and 31 members online (3  in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Connor L., Adder, LTK, Proteus, V-Tog, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, Kamizu, Cyrith, Zenchi, Calanon, Cristris_Jons, Dessel761, Exarchias, Rocda, Krieger, Protonix, PeaceIsPossible1221, Plasmawiz, Tellahane, adventureexcitement242, Phenix, Eynar, Spartanmeup, Trazyn4211.

Follow Us