Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • So, whos fault is it? (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: Quote: But I think her point about blame is that its actually irrelevant, and that blame is a fruitless enterprise. But I think the greater point she makes is that, while blame is useless venting, we shoulid hold people accountable for their actions. Whether I blame you or not, if you did a thing that had consequences, you are accountable for those consequences. Yes. She did talk about having the tenacity to hold others accountable. To be able to say "this thing you did hurt me". And I've been thinking a lot about that because I think it's part of a trap. To say to someone, you've hurt me" requires the vulnerability she talks about, something I personally don't do well. Something I generally experience disguised as indignation or disgust. Which leads to a feeling that the person who has done wrong should be made to accept their wrong, and made to suffer for it in some way. Seems reasonable on the surface. But maybe it shouldn't matter? Maybe the blame and accountability thing is still an ego trap. Maybe (in cases especially where the person at fault is unlikely to give us the apology we seek) it's just a case of looking for validation of our grievance. Of our hurt. Or maybe I need a coffee. Way too early for this :D
    • Jedi Bush-trackers... (Last post by RyuJin)
    • a tip for starting fires without a match....personally i think it's a waste of chocolate :lol: ...but survival is more important... blog.allstate.com/how-to-light-a-campfir...oo.com&_z1_adgid=233
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in Went running with a friend today down the seafront. Didn't have phone on me so think I went about 10k.. though only about half of that running. Was bloody cold and no music, but the sea air was nice.
    • geometric sequencing (Last post by a67)
    • What do you mean by geometric sequency? Sacred geometry? Or more the practical use? Or something else?
    • Application Open: Secretary for the Synod (Last post by V-Tog)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Secretary for the Synod and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Secretary for the Synod is responsible for supporting a broad range of Synod initiatives, from recording Synod discussion, assisting the other members of the Synod with their initiatives, providing insight and aiding in engagement with the wider Clergy and the Temple congregation as a whole. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a member of the Clergy (Licensed Minister or above) Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to the members of the Synod; Alexandre Orion, Akkarin and V-Tog. You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Saturday 11th April, 23:59 UTC Enquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Alexandre, Akkarin or myself. Note: You do not need to send your questions or concerns to all three of us, but you do need to send your application to all three of us. There is also a vacancy for the position of Secretary to the Clergy, details of which can be found here. Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the differences between these two roles and to decide which one you may be more suited to. You are welcome to apply for both positions, if you wish, but please indicate your preferred role in your application.
    • Application Open: Secretary for the Clergy (Last post by V-Tog)
    • The Synod is currently is looking for the right candidate for the position of Secretary for the Clergy and welcomes applications from interested Clergy members. Job Description: The Secretary for the Clergy serves the TotJO by centralising communications between the Clergy and the community, between the Synod and active Clergy members and Seminarians. The Secretary for the Clergy is the primary chairperson of Clergy meetings, ensuring the orderly progression of the meeting and producing a comprehensive transcript of proceedings. It is also in this Office that the Sermon Schedule is determined and maintained. Prerequisites for Application: Must be a member of the Clergy (Licensed Minister or above) Must be in good standing with the Temple How to Apply: To apply please send a message to the members of the Synod; Alexandre Orion, Akkarin and V-Tog. You may, if you wish, explain why you would like to fill this position. Closing Date for Applications: Saturday 11th April, 23:59 UTC Enquiries regarding the position or the application process should be sent in a PM to Alexandre, Akkarin or myself. Note: You do not need to send your questions or concerns to all three of us, but you do need to send your application to all three of us. There is also a vacancy for the position of Secretary to the Synod, details of which can be found here. Please take your time to familiarize yourself with the differences between these two roles and to decide which one you may be more suited to. You are welcome to apply for both positions if you wish, but please indicate your preferred role in your application.
    • Mars One (Last post by Fenton)
    • Unfortunately, the Mars One mission doesn't seem to be very likely with many of the current revelations.. www.pri.org/stories/2015-03-29/one-way-t...ot-be-such-good-idea The Mars One team have a lot of elaborate ideas, but the lack of testable systems/equipment (not to mention their new lack of funding - the station responsible for the reality television show has backed out), makes me skeptical that we're going to successfully colonize Mars anytime within 20 or so years. It's a wonderful idea, but we don't yet have the technology immediately available for such a mission. There are many factors that the Mars One crew seem to have overlooked; things that would have them dying within a few of days. If the human race is going to do this, we need to do it right.
    • The World (Last post by rugadd)
    • I think in an age of information, we are saturated with the worlds problems but we cannot possibly conceive of the tremendous kindness, the good people, the wonders of discovery, and the humane core that everyone shares. When we focus on our anxieties, that is all we see. Who wouldn't despair? Watch a wild flower garden for awhile, when the weather is nice and calm.

There are 196 visitors, 7 guests and 28 members online (2  in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, ren, Joe, Dechlain, Connor L., Gisteron, Proteus, V-Tog, Boesen, Rosalyn J, Brenna, elizabeth, Edan, Wudan, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, a67, Cabur Senaar, Goken, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Ramadeus, Mandalore XIII, Atticus509, bloodx, TomHeath11, dbdynasty.

Follow Us