Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Order of the Good Death (Last post by Locksley)
    • Interesting.... I read the website stuff and checked out the NPR article on it. Here's a quote from that page: Quote: We are constantly confronting death. If you watch those CSI shows, you see death. If you watch cable shows, like “Boardwalk Empire”, you see gruesome grisly death. If you watch the news or read the paper, you find out about people who died. But none of them are us. They’re abstractions. They don’t tell us about our own deaths any more than Lord of the Rings tells us about our impending trip to Mordor. Death, in television and even in the news, is usually somebody else’s problem. Today, we’re talking about dead bodies. Real dead bodies. Just like the one you’re going to be some day. I'd agree that I'm not entirely certain how I feel about the way they are spreading their message, but at the same time I can sort of agree with it. Fear really is (all fictional stuff aside) the path to the dark side; it leads you down the path of darkness in your life, I've seen it happen too often. I think it's great to see people trying to work to put a different spin on a subject that is, in many ways, considered quite taboo. We don't like to talk or even think about death under most circumstances (let alone our own deaths), and yet it is something that is in many ways beautiful - and certainly natural and inevitable. Dispelling incorrect assumptions regarding how the process works, and enlightening people as to the facts surrounding it seems like a great idea to me. I'd have to spend more time there to really get a feel for the group for sure, but at this moment that's my take on it.
    • Why a Jedi Knight ? (Last post by Locksley)
    • Loved this piece, I appreciate it immensely. It mirrors my own beliefs quite profoundly. I certainly don't view my work here in any traditional religious sense either; I view my training here far more like a martial arts experience (and I think if you look at the stereotypical fictional Jedi, or many of the real-world archetypes they were based off of, it's pretty easy to see that that's how they were structured as well). Thanks for posting.
    • There is no Death (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Many users of the drug known as DMT report interacting with entities that exhibit intelligence while on a DMT trip, and theorize that the drug could be used as a gate to parallel dimensions. Joe Rogan himself has stated that death could be nothing more than a door to this very same dimension as the brain floods with DMT at or right before the moment of death... www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/can-...a-parallel-universe/ www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_writings2.shtml
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by tzb)
    • Seeing these guys in a couple of weeks, and I'm told I'll get to go backstage which is fun. I've had a crush on the bassist for about 6 years.. ha ha. [video]
    • Visions (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: Okay, I can see where you're going with that, Whyte Horse. I think it's more a matter of how do you deal with the information you are getting from these visions. For some, they will recluse and ignore the outside chaos, because it simply is not where they need to be. For others it is joining the fight against such things they see as detrimental to society. I would be curious to know, what does one do when they have visions which help interpret what they are witnessing and the cycle it is flowing in... I dunno, foresight can be very advantageous. When I was in Bangkok during the revolution, they shut down the mass transit... but I had my scooter all ready to go and was able to get to work and the store. When they jammed traffic with a 10000 car procession, I was able to hop onto the sidewalks and go around or weave in and out. When they flipped over the buses and built tire barricades on the roads I was able to hop onto the canal/sewer boats and go around. I've already setup my home to be self-sufficient and am working on getting out of the US by 2016. I just don't think it will be possible to function in a collapsing society with people stealing your garden vegetables and the possibility of surviving an attack from an armed group are pretty slim. Either way, the gov't will take over eventually. When that happens, they'll scour the NSA database for everything anyone ever said and retroactively persecute anyone they want. So it would be best to just not be inside the country at all.
    • The Nazis (Last post by Whyte Horse)
    • Quote: I can respect a healthy mistrust of the government - of any government. Governments should be held accountable to their people in all respects and at all times, and a people should never become complacent in their regard for the government they have elected to power. I can also agree that a massive portion of this, and other, countries have allowed just that. However, that said, let us look at things as neutrally as possible. It is my concerned opinion that in order to stand any chance of ascertaining the truth in matters such as this (where all the pieces involved are incredibly complicated and difficult to fathom without several degrees in geo-politics and governmental law), the interested observer should do his or her best to remove his or her own beliefs, fears, etc., as far as possible from the situation under observation. I point to this quote in the article posted above: "Snowden, addressing the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, said he did not believe the NSA was engaged in 'nightmare scenarios,' such as the active compilation of a list of homosexuals 'to round them up and send them into camps.' But he did say that the infrastructure allowing this to happen had been built. " Why is the infrastructure in place? That is a valid question, and locating valid proof of this infrastructure should be the next step in this line of inquiry, but I believe that jumping to any conclusion regarding something like this is in itself a dangerous road to follow. That road leads us into ambiguity, uncertainty, fear, paranoia, and a sharp disregard for the importance of fact. Indeed it seems to me to be in the opposite direction that a Jedi, or any concerned critical thinker, should be applying their energies. Follow the story if it concerns you, but follow it dispassionately; with resolve, but not with haste or dogmatic fervor. (Not that anyone was or is - I'm just preachin' here. ;) ) Well, there was a quote that said most classified information can be deduced by connecting the dots. I used to be one of those people that dismissed as a conspiracy theory anything that didn't have solid proof. It turns out that the majority of them were true. The Snowden leaks gave us proof of things that were thought to be science fiction. So I'm just going to connect the dots and deduce the classified info.
    • South Korean Ferry "Sewol" Sinks (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: The ferry, carrying mainly school students, was travelling from the port of Incheon, in the north-west, to the southern resort island of Jeju. Four people are now said to have died and dozens of others have been hurt. South Korean officials had earlier said that 368 people had been plucked to safety, but later said there had been a counting error. They have now revised down the number rescued to 174. Taken from the BBC Asia article. This just hurts my heart. Another report that I read, but don't have the link to, suggests that this may have been a captain's incompetency. The regular ferry captain was on leave of some sort and the captain of this ferry was a temp.
    • Jediism... Religion, Chioce or Philosophy.... (Last post by Salvazor)
    • I think that Jediism can be any or all of those things, I definitely see it as a philosophy or a social and ethical system to live your life by. It can function as a religion in that it can perform similar functions such as marriages and offering a world view. Although their is no deity in Jediism just the force, Buddhism and Taoism on a philosophical do not have a monotheistic god to worship, I would defiantly say that Jediism is a religion, for me a way of life.
    • iPhone Calmness Apps (Last post by Edan)
    • I use Insight Timer. (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...ghtsix.zentimerlite2) Plays gongs at the beginning and end of a period of time so you can time your meditation. It has other things but that's all I use it for.
    • Kids react to gay marriage (Last post by Edan)
    • I could've sworn the news guy on the radio this morning said one in ten teenagers in the UK have bought a cassette tape. I don't even know where'd you get them now; cds yes, vinyl yes, but cassettes? (see here: www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22533522) It's weird how things go around.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: Sermon uploaded to Article Manager for your editing pleasure. Today, April 16 is the scheduled date of its publication. Thanks. Yes I saw it yesterday :) I was waiting for today to have it published, and it is so now.

There are 270 visitors, 5 guests and 27 members online (2  are in chat): Daniel L., Jon, Shadouness, Gaia Chi, Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Proteus, Luthien, V-Tog, Locksley, MCSH, Khaos, Buvan, Llama Su, Kohadra, tzb, Zenchi, RollFizzlebamf, ejgraydon, Skydrrö, Trice Corbel, Xan Montagu, Bohax, jwilliams.florida, jesisit, demoman21.

Follow Us