Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • On War & Religion (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: i dont see any reason to believe that morality developed separate from religion - theres no evidence to suggest it that i know of Well, in this case let me inform you that a number of animals living today (and one can reasonably expect it being similar in the past, with animals of comparable social capacities) do have a morality. This is a claim I make, and while I am no zoologist, I am willing and able to cite sources. Thus, I present to thee, monkeys that understand the concept of fairness and value: And here is a link to the research paper, just so nobody thinks I'm citing YouTube as a source: If, as you say, it was not until the dawn of religion that hominini developed a sense of morality, we should expect to see other animal clades with any so rudimentary grasp of morality to have a rudimentary type of religion to account for that also. Since morality is a frequent result of and condition for social behaviour and can be sufficiently explained and accounted for as such, if you wish to maintain that morality in its beginnings requires religion, it remains to demonstrate that in every instance where morality can be observed, religion - past or present - is observable also. Go ahead.
    • mind over matter (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i would not suggests that "the mind" can cure HIV or make an amputated limb grow back - but control of ones attention can result in some pretty amazing things
    • Duty sword advice (Last post by Star Forge)
    • Quote: I'd recommend you get a body camera and take lessons on how to disarm someone. This whole fictional terrorism threat is creating mass delusion and paranoia. Don't add to the police state by becoming a corporate security tyrant. I haven't stepped foot in a mall for over a decade but you're more likely to encounter a teenage gangster wannabe with a knife than a terrorist. [video] By "terror," we mean organized gang activity, though we don't rule out having to deal with Jihadists. We once had a suspicious group of Chechens that we dealt with without causing any alarm. Also, the kids of today are not the kids of yesterday. Kids don't carry chromed .25 auto pistols and flea market switchblades anymore. I've confiscated several sawed-down semi-auto shotguns hidden inside backpacks, a full-auto Ruger 10/22, an endless list of high-capacity semi-auto pistols, a couple Desert Eagles, and even a sawed-down .50 Barrett. Not to mention all the weirdo left-wing kids who do half-assed terrorist acts to be cool. Terrorism is hyped up in the media, but not fictional in the least. I am not contributing to the "police state" in any way. The mall is a private business, and the owners have the right to use whatever security measures they want, just as a US citizen has the right to own a weapon to defend their home or business.
    • Guns in America (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Here's the problem with the data shown in your article. Furthermore each city has it's own "flavor" to it. Judges will judge differently based on the values of the area. Some of these organizations may not even report by race. In 2013, 14% of all reported violent and property crimes were reported by race. (reference about 12 hours of my own dredging through to produce the charts for my class Bridging the Thin Blue Line) I make statistics tell me anything, especially when I get to the larger US.
    • Jedi Community Page (Last post by Connor L.)
    • There is a Halloween Party scheduled for Oct. 31 with the Chicago Jedi. The Indy Jedi are heading up. :)
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Luthien)
    • 3 x 5 Front squat 3 x 5 Overhead press 1 x 5 Deadlift For time: 30 185-lb Deadlifts 45 Sumo-deadlift High-pulls (basically an upright row that starts in the deadlift position) 4 Overhead squats (naked bar; could not do more since my shoulders wouldn't hold out for all 30 Rx'd. Still working on my shoulder mobility.) [7:39.9] 30 Leg lifts Edit: Song that helped me power through some of the rougher parts of this was The Dark Templar Symphony by BERSERKYD (see below) Spoiler:
    • 'Mo'vember (Last post by Kamizu)
    • No shave november (well to fall into regulation it would properly be called Movember lol) was always a big thing at my last squadron. I tried it every year. Never did win any of the awards... :dry: :silly:
    • Uplifting Thoughts & Quotes For The Day (Last post by Janice)
    • Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. ~ Viktor Frankl
    • Jedi Charity (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Quote: we're scattered a good bit as well.... no matter how much i donate, it never feels like many in need... I totally understand the feeling but even if we were Bill Gates we couldnt end poverty. The only thing we can do is take pride and pleasure in knowing that what we do brings joy into the lives of others. So many need so much that we would go mad if we thought of the things we cant or dont do. We instead must focus on what we can and will do.
    • Nature - Animals (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • dolphins help fishermen catch fish dolphin asks scuba diver for help cetacean (whales, porpoises and dolphins) intelligence
    • Well done, feminism. Now men are afraid to help wo... (Last post by ZenJo)
    • My exprience has taught me (and feel free to correct me), that a major difference between women and men is that men tend to think in "2-D" in conversations and women think in "3-D". By that I mean that men seem to view conversation as way to convey a certain message or a point via the words themselves. Women think on a higher plane by using conversation to also convey the intentions, feelings, and emotions behind the words. There is of course some overlap as not everyone fits gender generalitites or sterotypes. But I speak from experience only. For example when I ask my friend (a dude) how his day was, he will state the bare minimum information about a particular event and I know the bottom line of what happened. "I got hired at __" or "they fired me today". But unless I dig deeper, I won't know what led up to that even or how it made him feel. My female friends will set the events of their day up like they are describing a movie script. They set the scene, the characters, the rising action, the falling action, and the emotions felt in each scene. Needless to say, their days are always way more interesting to listen to than my male friends. If I am around my male friends watching football or whatever, we don't interact much at all. I think we are secretly competing to see who can be the laziest while staring at the TV, lol. So in the work place, I have found that I don't have be afraid of talking to women at all. I just have make sure I am clear about my intentions in offering help and that I pay close attention to what they are saying/doing. And given the long and ongoing history of sexism and domestic violence in our world, I don't blame women for having a bit of caution in the back of their mind around men. But men who claim to be "afraid" of women at work need to talk to and get to know the women in their office better and stop pretending to be "victimized" by women. My female friends have described to me how the "prettier girls" in their offices get preferential treat by the male bosses. Like, for examle, the boss allowing the cute blonde to go home early for a cough and sniffle but denying other girls time off even when they have the flu. Sexism is alive and well.

There are 384 visitors, 12 guests and 52 members online (2  in chat): Garm, Sirius, Akkarin, Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Jestor, ren, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Adhara, Luthien, V-Tog, isisinabi, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Metsu Desal, Stas Kimbo, Kamizu, elizabeth, Jamie Stick, Mdvmonk, Cabur Senaar, Cristris_Jons, Goken, focone oceanlast, den385, Loudzoo, Krieger, asteropos, Seda Arksmen, Competent, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, TheToonMerc, Mikhael, Morkhen, Golan Wilder, Monk, Tymmy, Ellipses, JLSpinner, obiwankenokie, Ke JinnDakken, Doogle, WBStookey, Benitus, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, Raven Crest, Jayzn, icaro56, Uberbeam, GustavogIII.

Follow Us