Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Password is Taco)
    • Hiding Afraid of what they'll think, Afraid of what they'll say, I hide behind this facade. I've been doing this for so long, I've been losing myself, Hiding beneath this mask. Don't know who I am anymore, Don't know what to do, I keep everything hidden away. Searching for who I am, Searching for happiness, No longer do I wish to hide. The end is in sight, The end to all my sorrows, I will hide no more. -PasswordisTaco
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • I am so so tired of hearing people whining. :angry: Suck it up and get on with your life. If you want to live your life complaining that is up to you. OR you can take command of you life and live it. Just stop your whining. It makes you look bad. You want cheese with that?
    • Advice needed: how to shut up. (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Just stop talking. Pause, wait, pause, wait....practice this. There is no magic. You can do this when you decide too. Decide. or and I so dislike quoting the movie...do or do not do there is no try.
    • "Not all Truth is true..." (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: So how are myths not fiction and not distinct from fact in this case? It's not like people keep saying that myth is "mere" fiction or "nothing other than" fiction. Just that it is fiction as opposed to non-fiction, which, of course, it is. And that is not at all "contrary" to your understanding, or is it? I think Alan is suggesting that myths are a unique fiction in the same way that a supposition for argument's sake is distinct from, say, a novella. When one discusses a possibility, a theoretical one, we often say things like "If that were true," and "if we take x[/i] as fact...[/i]." We've invented a fiction purely to conjecture, we all know it's a fiction, and yet we're taking it (at least temporarily) as fact.
    • Charity Coding (Last post by SeventhSL)
    • I have 12 years industry experience building line of business apps and websites. Mostly .Net based but experience with a multitude of other languages. I would love to participate in a group here if we had one. Brilliant idea Den.
    • The 'Real Me' (Last post by Hitira38)
    • To me the "the real me" is simply a question of identity. A statement of discovery. The Jedi code to me helps me equalize the origins or roots of the real world. To me a lot of people are lost and forced to I herit a world that isn't 100% for them. It's essential to understand.
    • Merry Yule!!! (Last post by Adder)
    • I'm going to do my usual Solstice meditation for the moment of the Solstice (about an hour away as of now). It's Summer Solstice down here in the Southern Hemisphere, so more generally its a pretty good excuse to have a long summer party into the hot night, but we do have a habit of eating too much and falling asleep as well!!
    • The Force Explained (Last post by Hitira38)
    • When you create the mind as internal and the rest of the world as external, you has disconnected yourself from your environment, as it is the starting point of dysfunctional labeling.
    • Ethics of the Jedi Mind Trick (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: we can't eliminate manipulation. In any interaction between two or more people, there will be some sort of manipulation, even if a minimal one. Its inherent in human psychology. What counts is the motivation and the end result. My wife will use subtle positive manipulation to get me to do chores around he house i'd rather not do. I view that as not a bad thing. My son in law lacks subtle means of manipulation. He will use yelling and other intimidation to exercise dominance over my daughter simply to satisfy his need to dominate his environment. I consider that to be an evil form of manipulation because it has selfish intent and harms the other person's self esteem. I still don't think motivation is a good enough reason... you're right, we can't eliminate manipulation entirely, but when a person is purposely manipulative... their good intentions might not be what I believe to be good or right. I don't believe the end justifies the means.
    • The Lady of the Night and Jediism. (Last post by Hitira38)
    • I do believe that "there is no death, there is force" refers to the grand scheme of things. As there isn't death but the lack of force, there isn't emotions but peace of conflict. It is taking about the very direction of life on a time and space fabric. In the force.
    • Korra and Spirituality (Last post by den385)
    • Hey! Amazed how things coincide. Only this friday and yesterday I've been watching season 4. Maybe it's funny, but it helped me with some things I'm going through. Actually, the episodes S04E01-03 helped, when *SPOILER!* Korra is disabled and out-of-the-game. Then it became more like an ordinary good story, it stopped talking to me on me-related-stuff. It's incredible that tv can actually guide you through some stuff, isn't it? Like Ariadne's thread, Campbell spoke of.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • Vacations in Germany 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 5 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 5 kg biceps
    • Avatar Discussion (Episode 1, TLA) (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Quote: "Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming Jasmine tea?" "I don't need any calming tea!" Here we see the beginning of Iroh's wisdom and the foil to Zuko's determination. Zuko has been long searching for the Avatar. I want to make these discussions work with the timeline, so let's not assume we know WHY he's looking for the Avatar other than that he's attempting to regain his honor. Iroh, a seemingly worldly man, tries very hard to give Zuko a way to relax and accept his current position. We talk about this so much with the Tao and the Force. Living "in" the moment is a staple saying of new age Westerners. We like to think that staying present and grounded is a healing property for our lives as it reduces the stresses of the future and the nightmares of the past. Iroh sees Zuko troubled by both so his motivations are clear and consistent with how a Jedi Master might advise his hot headed apprentice. Let's discuss the benefits of living Iroh's way. Relaxed, content with tea and Pai Sho paisho.pbworks.com/w/page/11167060/FrontPage, we can see that Iroh is well-adjusted, even in his retired status. Little do we know, right now, the depth of Iroh's wisdom. Let's not spoil that journey yet! Parallel to the Monomyth: Quote: "No, I didn't know him. I mean... I knew people that knew him.." Aang refuses the call in this episode. He spends his whole time trying to get away from his responsibilities as an Avatar. We will find out later why this is. But, for now, let's discuss what it means to refuse the call. What could Aang do right now to change his position? Wisdom = ADD? Quote: "But first, I need to finish my roast duck!" "PENGUINS!!!!" I just thought this was funny. You see it as a trope in many movies showing off "wise" characters. Oftentimes, they are silly and a little attention deficit disorder. Thoughts on why this might be? Quote: "If you want to be a Bender, you have to let go of fear."

There are 242 visitors, 10 guests and 26 members online (none in chat): steamboat28, Firewolf, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Karn, ren, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Elemental Harmony, Llama Su, Vesha, Kamizu, cpjh, Silvermane, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Venator Mortis, taidavrikaurvan, Solipsis, Gregory, Darling Harbour, Hitira38, Password is Taco, Keran Doshe, TheForceWithin, Esper, Veran_Seawolf, Jihad, ParCandroon, B.W.Vaughn, lawatkins.

Follow Us