Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Strict adherence to doctrine. (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: Good topic. I think the issue is one of dialogue. Let us say you have made an effort to understand the doctrine. You have done the due diligence of understanding how and why you cannot reconcile it with yourself. And you have taken I up with a teacher or counselor and had a frank discussion. And you are not doing anyone any harm. Then it becomes an opportunity for the temple to discuss doctrine and the role of doctrine as law, guideline, prompt for thought, etc. And, perhaps, evolve the doctrine. If one simply shrugged off doctrine because one is lazy, or unwilling to grow, or afraid, then that certain would be a barrier for a Jedi. Perhaps a good angle of practice And, certainly, shrugging off doctrine while going through membership, knighthood, etc., is pretty suspect behavior. I suspect that Jedi would not gain too much from the process. Kind of a waste. Confronting issues with doctrine seems like an excellent opportunity for growth. Seems like Jedi work to me. I think youre right there. Understanding. And also interpretation. Using the death penalty example. I don't personally believe that it falls under cruel or unusual punishment. So my interpretation of it is not the same as the doctrine. Though I wholly agree with being against cruel punishment or torture.
    • A Problem. (Last post by Jestor)
    • Shoot! I went off topic! Sorry, please dont derail...
    • Training to see the Positive (Last post by Brenna)
    • FUN! I tried it a couple ways. Just as is, with a big grin and deliberate happy feelings and then to different kinds of music. Bouncy music worked best :)
    • Friendly weight loss challenge (Last post by Callan)
    • This is a great idea... for anyone who isn't considering celebrating Thanksgiving/Chanukkah/Midwinter Solstice/Christmas/New Year in the usual gluttonous manner. If you manage to pull off any weight loss at all over the proposed time-frame, I for one will stand in awe!
    • Jibo: Family Robot (Designer inspired by Star Wars... (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • Quote: Quote: That is amazing! Any news on price estimates for the releases? So far it's $600 for the home edition and $700 for the developer edition(where you can program your own skills and stuff) I plan on buying the developers kit. You can also upgrade you home edition with the sdk later for $125. So the developers edition is the top of the line then? I looked in their website. They are no longer accepting pre-orders... Gotta wait till 2016 I guess. :/
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Desolous)
    • one metric crapton of pullups. stopped counting after 100, sets of ten. upper back rows. a lot of ab stuff. some push ups.
    • The Way of Jediism (Last post by Kaverael)
    • Quote: The information is out of date, but if you like work could begin on making an updated one. Is it the sort of thing that people are interested in having? With the Disney buyout, and wave of new Star Wars projects, I think that there will be an added interest in this site, and an updated version of this would be handy!
    • What Do You Appreciate About TOTJO? (Last post by Ecthalion)
    • I appreciate, mostly, the studies. I've read a lot about spiritual matters before but to have it organised into an exercise on learning makes it more 'real' somehow. I'm coming to know more and more because I'm paying more attention. I also like the friendly atmosphere. I feel that I can have discussions with people I disagree with without it falling into a slanging match, as on so many other forums. More than once already I've opened my eyes to other viewpoints by listening to what others think.
    • What makes a Jedi? (Last post by Ecthalion)
    • Pride should be avoided in my opinion. I don't mean that we should think less of ourselves; I mean that we should think more of others. It's not all about 'me'. If we have more humility it promotes altruism, community and an ability to see the viewpoint of others.
    • Apologies (Last post by Desolous)
    • Brenna and kitsu: perhaps this is best discussed further via PM. The thread is about...something else. /mod hat

There are 575 visitors, 5 guests and 34 members online (none in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, ren, Joe, Nakis, SenseiMitPen, Connor L., Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Brenna, Llama Su, Archon, Edan, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, a67, Jamie Stick, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, porkapon763, Goken, Targeran Arynal, Revan Falton, GalUnDrux, Yodi, Oneiros, Mos-An Hobel, Exarchias, RaB, Geister.

Follow Us