Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Kabbalah Course Discussion Group (Last post by Mareeka)
    • Quote: Why do you take method to mean path? Do you feel method is a collection of totality? So, it defines how we view everything? I take method to mean process.
    • Jedi First Responder – First Aid for the Jedi byst... (Last post by Locksley)
    • I think that this is a really great topic. Having a clear and solid understanding of proper emergency responses is one of the most important and solid skills anyone can have. As someone living in California, I know that in the event of a serious earthquake EMS may not be available immediately - or at all, for an unforeseeable amount of time. I've had basic first responder training through lifeguard training, as well as an introduction to firefighting class - but I can safely say that it wouldn't be enough in an emergency. If you want to really do some good, you definitely need to go through the official training courses - and heck, take more than one. Keep your ID up to date, and when practice seminars come into your area, attend! Also, as other people here have already mention, the "Good Samaritan" laws vary greatly from location to location. Here in CA for instance the law is basically worthless, as evidenced here. Definitely make sure to do your reading. When in doubt, get the certified training, and it will be likely to protect you in most circumstances. If you live in the US, check out the American Red Cross website for information about local training opportunities. Usually the price is relatively affordable, and the benefits are a very useful skill set. That said, remember that one course will not prepare you for everything - nor is it enough to only take the class once every renewal period. Keep your muscle memory sharp by taking refresher courses whenever possible.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Exarchias)
    • 10 x 2 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 20 x 3 push ups 20 x 3 air squats 20 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg biceps 10 x 2 x (2 hands) 3 kg triceps
    • Terrible Idea (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Quote: Quote- "You may look at someone and think he or she is sitting badly, but it's up to that person and there is no moral superiority in standing 'better'. If it works for you do it, but do it quietly. You may find the Alexandre Technique can produce the desired effects if you practise it yourself - telling other people that they need it or that they are standing badly can put them off ever wanting to learn about it. If it works for you that's great - let others wonder about your new graceful way of moving or increased health and vitality. If they want to know your secret they'll ask, and you can tell them, but meanwhile just concentrate on yourself." 'Teach yourself the Alexandre Technique'- Richard Craze This speaks beautifully to a few conversations getting kicked around. Thank you for sharing it!
    • What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • "WRONG! Compton was a NATURE PRESERVE for BUNNY RABBITS!" "aint nothing like a man that can do what he wanna" if i say something that you dont like there aint nothin to it gangsta rap made me do it!
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • im not missing the point this is the point what can you do to make things better? what can you do to stop the world from offending you? what can you do to stop people from doing what they ought not to do? people do these things because they do not know better at a spiritual level they do not know if you have some wisdom which is truthfully beyond the wisdom which they understand then all you can do is share the wisdom or accept the fact that people will not know better than what they already know only in knowing better will a person do as they ought to do if you do not help them to know better then you cannot say "do not do this" or "do not do that" of course they will do it! and if you understand why they do as they do then you know that you are no better than they are because you have done the same! you have been where they are - do you really think you have not? HA! it was only in learning better that you grew beyond that and so you cannot stay resentful at them forever because they are just YOU from before you are not better youre just older with more experience and especially the benefit of having learned from the experience of those who were older than you and have been willing to help you to know better for those who dont want the wisdom but only the attention or only the money even these are the ones i am talking about they do not know every person can change every person can grow and none of us has the power to say "you must this" and "you must that" of course it is offensive that people act certain ways maybe some do not want to do the work of changing maybe some do not want to EARN wisdom but we all die and in that is the key to understanding no one wants to die a fool people will work when they understand the value of the work the ones who do not want to work do not understand why? because they do not know! did you always know? NO! lol and are you better now than they are because you know? NO lol its not in any way that you ARE better only that you KNOW better that is the point
    • Free Kabbalah Course (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Should be up today! Don't worry. I had two opera performances this weekend, and they've got me just a bit behind. lol.
    • Blaming God (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this is from viktor frankl's "mans search for meaning" "In attempting this presentation and explanation of the typical characteristics of a concentration camp inmate, I may give the impression that the human being is completely and unavoidably influenced by his surroundings. (In this case the surroundings being the unique structure of camp life, which forced the prisoner to conform his conduct to a certain set pattern.) But what about human liberty? Is there no spiritual freedom in regard to behavior and reaction to any given surroundings? Is that theory true which would have us believe that man is no more than a product of many conditional and environmental factors - be they of a biological, psychological or sociological nature? Is man but an accidental product of these? Most important, do the prisoners' reactions to the singular world of the concentration camp prove that man cannot escape the influences of his surroundings? Does man have no choice of action in the face of such circumstances? We can answer these questions from experience as well as on principle. The experiences of camp life show that man does have a choice of action. There were enough examples, often of a heroic nature, which proved that apathy could be overcome, irritability suppressed. Man can preserve a vestige of spiritual freedom, of independence of mind, even in such terrible conditions of psychic and physical stress. We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. And there were always choices to make. Every day,every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not submit to those powers which threatened to rob you of your very self, your inner freedom; which determined whether or not you would become the plaything of circumstance, renouncing freedom and dignity to become molded into the form of the typical inmate. Seen from this point of view, the mental reactions of the inmates of a concentration camp must seem more to us than the mere expression of certain physical and sociological conditions. Even though conditions may suggest that the inmates were bound to react in certain ways, in the final analysis it becomes clear that the sort of person the prisoner became was the result of an inner decision, and not the result of camp influences alone. Fundamentally, therefore, any man can, even under such circumstances, decide what shall become of him - mentally and spiritually. He may retain his human dignity even in a concentration camp. Dostoevski said once, "There is only one thing that I dread: not to be worthy of my sufferings."{OB1 note: this is here translated more as "that i do not have the inner resources to meet my suffering with dignity" than that "i fear to suffer in ways which are "unfair" or which i do not "deserve" most understand that but theres always that one (usually ME) who needs things explained very carefully} These words frequently came to my mind after I became acquainted with those martyrs whose behavior in camp, whose suffering and death, bore witness to the fact that the last inner freedom cannot be lost. It can be said that they were worthy of their sufferings; the way they bore their suffering was a genuine inner achievement. It is this spiritual freedom - which cannot be taken away - that makes life meaningful and purposeful The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity - even under the most difficult circumstances - to add a deeper meaning to his life. It may remain brave, dignified and unselfish. Or in the bitter fight for self-preservation he may forget his human dignity and become no more than an animal. Here lies the chance for a man either to make use of or to forgo the opportunities of attaining the moral values that a difficult situation may afford him. And this decides whether he is worthy of his sufferings or not." its a pretty short read but covers obviously some really powerful and meaningful ground, which i thought was quite relevant to the topic he actually goes on to speak particularly of individuals reaction to medical issues later in the work but i chose to excerpt this particularly because of its universality heres a pdf for those interested www.anderson5.net/cms/lib02/SC01001931/C...arch-for-meaning.pdf
    • Duel of the Fates - lyrics... etymology?? (Last post by Tarran)
    • Quote: What? No no no. It's in Sanskrit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_of_the_Fates That's an easy google search. lol. But, the translation is a bit fuzzy, I'm told. But, it's not nonsense. Awesome! Thanks so much! :D I *knew* it had to have something! :D Easy Google search... yeah, my Google-fu is weak LOL
    • speed of light (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • like you said, you would need to find out if light regains its full speed/momentum on exit as far as WHY it would stop at any particular speed i dont have the background for that but my question would be "is the speed oflight the fastest speed possible because its the fastest speed the universe allows? or simply because light is the fastest thing we know of in the universe?" if there is some inhibiting force on the potential speed inherent to the universe then that would be the answer i guess lol - maybe weve got the whole thing sideways and light is the only thing in the _verse that ISNT moving

There are 184 visitors, 6 guests and 24 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, Shadouness, Jestor, Kitsu Tails, Connor L., Darren, Proteus, Locksley, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, PatrickB, Arashikaze, Arcade, Edan, Mareeka, Silvermane, Cabur Senaar, Tarran, Exarchias, den385, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, *BuntuBob, MaGnA CrYsTaL, KG.

Follow Us