Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Art of Self-Discipline (Last post by Adder)
    • Dunno if its wise, but one thing I do is associate timeframes for things - I don't let something be 'forever' or undefined duration. I assess an action as a discrete point in a program of those action over a longer period... the program being itself the measure of the desired effect. This shifts the importance and assessment away from the individual action and onto the program of all actions - reducing the intensity required for the single action since it becomes part of the ebb and flow of the overall program. It has to be kept manageable timeframe though which can be felt and remembered, so longer duration programs can be split into phases to keep the same manageable contact with progress/effort, but where subtle differences can be introduced to turn it into a longer term learning experience - rather then a rote exercise in discipline. I guess at its essence it shifts my focus away from that moment of weakness, and recruits the value of all that past effort and a larger desired result of the whole program it is part of, to counter that pesty weakness in that moment. Another thing could be is if you whimp out on something, to replace it with something else later on in the day to compensate. That way when you get weak, you can learn to remember it might be easier to just knock it out now then have to do it later - like using your laziness against your own laziness!! I don't have much else, sorry, as generally I try to generate a tangible energy within myself (like a fire or light) and set it to task as a deliberate exercise in self mastery - and this generally is sufficient to combat any problems with discipline. A process of mental visualization to develop physical sensation - like summoning the Force and lifting an Xwing out of a swamp, except its just an internal thing :pinch:
    • Martial Arts: Your interest? (Last post by Taiwone)
    • It's nice to be connected with so many interested in ways of Force and Also connected to The Arts. I feel at home. Bujinkan/Taijutsu/Yoshin Dojo
    • "If you're not doing anything wrong..." (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • - unless dispatch recieved a call stating that violence has already happened - shots fired, someone attacked, fleeing armed robbery ect, first responding officer armed only with a body cam and a radio he is not allowed to touch suspects and not allowed to chase suspects all she is allowed to do is talk -her responsibility is to see whats going on and to bring the situation to an acceptable resolution - these officers are being monitered by a nearby partner but cannot be interfered with by other officers unless they request it or are attacked penalty for attacking this officer should be severe - like really really severe - mandatory, and with no possibility of time reduction the condition for this is that the footage has to be intact or demonstrate that the suspect initiated aggression before equipment failure - every citizen walking the street should be legally allowed to carry every item that every regular REGULAR PATROL officer is allowed to carry on regular patrol duty INCLUDING the radio with accompanying frequencies - officers only to regular patrol areas which they live in, or within 15 - 20 miles of if no officers live there - rookie officers without children are required to live in high crime areas for a predetermined time not to be less than one year - every surveillance cam in the world should be live streamed onto the www 24-7 available for anyone anywhere in the world to access in real time - the white house is allowed ONE room WITHOUT twenty hr video/audio surveillance and it has one door which is live streamed at all times so we can see who goes in and how long they are in there foriegn nations and appointed observers also moniter the door at all times - all government business not conducted in said room business must be conducted under live moniter and accessable to the entire world
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by RyuJin)
    • that kid has some good take down defense....for so young...i know adults that can't keep their feet under them like that...
    • ADD HEALING REQUESTS HERE!! (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Everlasting Force, essence of life. The Aunt of Peace, a child of the force, whose body has been harmed by illness, an illness that may grow, may weaken her body, is in need of healing and peace of mind and spirit. So too is her family in need of comfort, as she is, during these times of tribulation. Help her to receive the care she needs as this time passes. Send the healing flow of the force, restore her to health, ease their minds and comfort their spirits. And help her and each member of her family face the days ahead with love and compassion. As we, their brothers and sisters in the Force, stand by their side in thought and spirit let them know they are loved and supported.
    • speed of light (Last post by Gisteron)
    • If c was infinite, no equation involving it would be well-defined. That doesn't mean mass would be infinite, but that the proportionality of mass and energy would not be identifiable. Reference frame dependant energy types lika pretty much all pre-relativistic stuff like mechanics, electricity, thermodynamics, all would have a concept of energy that would be very much quantifiable irrespective of the value of the speed of light. The speed of light is also not finely tuned for the possibility of the elements we know nor life as we know it. Natural constants are not arbitrary and mutually independant and assuming that universes with different values to those constants are possible, there could be any number of them with vastly different values but with forms of energy nothing unlike the ones we are familiar with and therefore life just as we know it from ours and that is leaving out all the other types of life we probably haven't even dreamt of yet. Interestingly, things like population dynamics and the resulting evolution would be exactly the same no matter what the universal constants would be in the particular instance.
    • self examination and the Conflict Impulse (Last post by V-Tog)
    • Quote: why cant we help ourselves lol ? flight or fight seems to apply to even to silly things like internet trolling thats the topic -why do we react when we know better? Well firstly, 'fight or flight' is built into our nature - it's a natural biological/physiological impulse, survival of the fittest and all that... Sometimes we're a bit hard on ourselves when we conclude "Yes but I have the ability to think logically and I should know better". There are biological processes that kick in and send our nervous systems into overdrive, making it more or less impossible to think calmly. Once in that state it's very hard to voluntarily drag oneself out of it again, so it can be helpful to maintain an awareness of one's triggers and early 'symptoms' so that we can snap out of it before adrenalin and whatnot has really had a chance to take hold. I've learnt what some of my most common triggers are and nowadays the moment that they come up I mentally flag it up to myself ("V! TRIGGER ALERT! You're going to feel tempted to react to that!") and I take a step back and tell myself "Don't take it personally". The fight or flight response is our reaction to feeling threatened or attacked, which, when occurring in a verbal or written situation, more often than not translates to taking things personally. Other people's words can only affect us in that way if we allow them to. It sounds very simplistic, but for me it works. Mostly. :blush:
    • Global and catastrophic thinking. (Last post by rugadd)
    • I gave up on that level of self assurance years ago. I can't think that way any more. The truth is, I DON'T know, so thinking like I do is right out. It was causing too much harm, to much misrepresentation. I still catch myself in writing or occasionally while speaking, but that is more about comfortable phrases as opposed to a concrete, broad sweeping belief that it may represent.
    • Last names post marriage (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • My wife still has her name. I'm quite pleased that she did. Our son has her last name as a second middle name, or third name. People are funny about it sometimes, like I must not be assertting my will hard enough over the household. Most people seem quite pleased when I explain it, though.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by elizabeth)
    • I am grateful for the sermons that many times say just what you need and grateful for the people who put in some much to the Temple. Not all of it seen. Thanks
    • Beyond Carnism and towards Rational, Authentic Foo... (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: I will always have a pro-meat bias. It is a nutrient- and calorie-dense food, and even though I'm turning chunky, my metabolism is about Goku-level. This makes meat (red or white), in conjunction with a balanced diet, really efficient for the way my body processes food. I could, theoretically, live without meat. But I've done it before, and I have to eat so much more food to maintain the same levels of energy that it would take me a lot of gardening or consume my entire income to try to eat vegan for a prolonged period of time. if yours is goku level and you can actually maintain your energy level without meat for any amount of time i'm scared to figure out what my level would be....every time i've tried going without meat i make it at most 3 days before i lack the strength to support myself...during those 3 days i'm eating nonstop and the hunger is never sated and i can feel myself getting weaker....

There are 254 visitors, 7 guests and 18 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Shadouness, Nakis, Adder, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, TolgaSAN, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Goken, Matsukaze, den385, Tk768, Atticus509, Grinsen, Krieger, Jason Peel, The Penguin, Oakenshaw, OneeSai, KenMarcotte, Enragedtitan.

Follow Us