Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Songs that have Jedi Teachings, etc... (Last post by Proteus)
    • LYRICS Before all things reborn again You learn the painful breath of time Cold mourning stretches out your arms To the mighty warmth of the golden sun Seem all have gone insane for gold All was created out of the night We're all born from the burst of a star The day you'll come to life you'll realize Expanding force to life where you belong And in the winter cold, with opened eyes You'll find the strength to fight and stand upright One day you'll walk the world and keep in mind The heart you've been given in winter time And through the bitter cold, with opened eyes You'll find the strength to fight and stand upright
    • Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs (Last post by Exarchias)
    • I have a problem with my sleep for many years. Actually i am insomniac. My sleep is not for granted and i am struggling everyday just to have a sufficient amount of sleep. I do not believe that my case is so rare around, so i would like to make a request. I wish if it is possible to have a thread/topic/something in order for insomniacs to can exchange wishes and helpfull thoughts about sleep :) Sometimes even a simple hallo just as a sign of solidarity can be huge help. So that was my idea. If yes we can use this topic or to create one other, i do not have any wish to be my thread or my idea, just i wish to see this idea in motion :) May the Force be with you all. Robert.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Days 39 and 40 checking in Day 39 was a rest day Day 40 was today. I am so bloody pleased with myself today. This week was pretty hard work wise and I was so tired today it took all my mental effort to get changed and go to the gym. All the negativity I've felt recently about not reaching my goal was completely proved wrong today, I ran 6.7 k today (55 minutes, 50 + cooldown), 6.2 k before my cooldown. If I can run that on a bad day, then I can bloody well run 8 k on a good one. I actually ran 5 minutes longer than I was supposed to, and 10 minutes longer than I thought I was going to. Track of the run was 'Back to Black' by Amy Winehouse. Was some kind of sleeper agent trigger song because when it came on after 20 minutes I suddenly felt immediately like I could finish the run.
    • Virtues or Choices? (Last post by Silvermane)
    • Again, you make a valid point with the example given, Wescli. I do believe I touched on this, but it is a choice, when the situation allows. There are circumstances and situations out of our control where we have no choice but to wait or to "be patient". These situations give us a chance to refocus our thoughts and make better decisions. In Wescli's example while he was waiting, he could have gotten frustrated and pitched a fit, knowing it would do no good or he could have waited and accepted that it was out of his control and find something more constructive or worthwhile to pour his focus into while he waited. I think Patience is more of a practice, like Jediism, to better ourselves by making better choices when situations allow and moving forward and not falling backward.
    • The Balance (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Balance is dynamic. We're never perfectly balanced but waver over the balance point. We may be still for a moment but soon move off center. We're complex creatures, it's the nature of life. Striving for balance in ones life is always a work in progress. What I attempt is not to tilt my balance to the extreems, one way or the other. As you live , learn and gain experience (learn from your mistakes) the fluctuations in life are less extreme. Some may call this mellowed out or at peace with the world. Lifes a journey. :(
    • Talent (Last post by Revan Falton)
    • My hands hurt and fingers are all cramped up just from watching these unbelievably talented individuals!
    • Becoming a member.. (Last post by Jestor)
    • It does tell you it fan take up to two weeks to get processed...;) I've had some things pop up but should get done this week...:)
    • Martial Arts as a metaphor of Personal Behavior? (Last post by rugadd)
    • I'll save Shaolin philosophy for another thread. Martial Arts wiped away misconceptions and delusions I had. Shaolin is a very unforgiving art in that you don't get to stop until you have too. Reality comes crashing in very fast because of this. What we are capable of, those wispy dreams born from fantastic stories, are gone the instant you realize you can only do 7 pushups. Gone are the fictitious flips as you struggle with a simple bear crawl. No more does one say to themselves "I would see it coming, know and do just the right thing" in a fight after one 2 minute round. Training for me taught me humility. It is the first lesson and an important one. After a few years in martial arts, one does not WANT to have to fight. They have to much experience with their own body to want to put that harm on anyone, or suffer it themselves. It is about being forced to see who you really are instead of what you think of yourself to be. One of the reasons I think everyone should be beat up at least once in their lives.
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by Akkarin)
    • I'm a bit late to this party, but with regards to the defining thing brought up earlier, at TotJO we officially don't ever take any authoritative position on the definition of a Jedi. We say "This is what makes you a Jedi by our standards" and don't take much interest in what other people think, because why should we be beholden to them for our definition? We do not expect them to be beholden to us by our definition (which for TotJO is: "You are a Jedi if you complete the application and take the Simple Oath - which is a demonstration of your acceptance of our doctrine). On the Homepage: www.templeofthejediorder.org/ the text just above the Jedi Believe part was changed specifically to "If you wish to further your understanding of the Jedi Path then you can begin the Initiate Programme", because the training is supplemental to one's understanding of the doctrine which is what makes one a Jedi in our eyes. While the vast majority of members here do undertake the training it is not required. We are a gathering place of like-minded people who have taken on the name of Jedi as an umbrella term for our beliefs. Like-minded means that we will all come here, and stay here (or not), for a variety of different reasons. The Temple offers each of us something different, because it means something different to each of us. If people are worried that TotJO is ever trying to take some kind of authoritative position on what makes someone a Jedi then that person has perhaps missed the numerous instances in which we have always stated that we never do that - especially in official communication with non-Jedi news-people and students.

There are 256 visitors, 3 guests and 43 members online (3  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jon, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, ren, Kitsu Tails, Lightstrider, Wescli Wardest, Trose , Red Lila, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, elizabeth, Silvermane, Senan, microft, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, Frost, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, taidavrikaurvan, Goken, Acheron, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Dessel761, Exarchias, j.ezra.

Follow Us