Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: I sense that this thread is about to go off topic... So can we keep it about whether one will question their faith, rather than whether someone should have religious/spiritual faith at all I was just thinking about the that. I guess it happens at death or near death, and probably manifests in various forms within psychosis. I guess its only a 'problem' when it causes inappropriate outcomes, such that the belief leads the believer to act in a way which is contrary to the consensual reality, or increases harm to oneself. Watt's and Jiddu K. work with breaking down the conditioned view of the world which incorporates challenging ones beliefs, so its probably a useful thing to be aware of the extent of faith and belief in oneself but also to know what its like to have these challenged or perhaps removed.
    • 5 rights women have that men don't (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: Something happens therefore something has caused it. We don't like the idea that women can be mental for no reason whatsoever. No wonder you get annoyed with women :lol: We always have a reason, whether you understand what it is or not :D .
    • Moral Fact (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: But what exactly are these moral truths? And why are those moral truths true instead of another set of moral truths? i know this was not directed at me i would like to respond i dont expect my answer to be equally true for everyone else even though i know that it actually is equally true for all of us :-) in a moment of danger or challenge the body and the mind can kick into a kind of overdrive which empowers us to survive and to overcome within this context fear is a healthy and useful feature of our psycho-physiology in fact it is a powerful stimlant with extraordinary potential for our betterment however without attempting to get in to how or why i want to submit that people often allow unhealthy fear to be the foundation for a large percentage of their/our decisions for clarity i consider fear to be unhealthy if it is centered around the conviction that one is inadequate for facing the circumstances of ones life its foolish to think that i can count on my ability to defeat a grizzly bear in a boxing match or a tiger shark in a swimming competition but it is an unhealthy fear to refuse the forests and the oceans because i know that grizzly bears and tiger sharks exist a healthy fear is to acknowledge the risks of whatever activity i aspire to and take responsibility for my own safety by understanding them and being prepared to face them and determined that i will overcome them if i am required to. this is the kind of fear that that propels us into excellence because it encourages us to follow our dreams and desires while demanding that we do so with open eyes and alert minds in juxtapositoon to this the kind of fear that comes from the conviction that we are somehow lacking this is the fear which keeps us timid about life and makes us insecure in each others presence which is the source of much violence and injury to one another as it results in a constant sense of having to be more powerful or more in charge or feeling that one is being insulted or attacked when there is no attack or insult intended this is the source imo of unhealthy self fixation to have a sense of ones inherent worth and power as a living consciousness is natural and healthy and the desire to sustain and to expand and to grow and to achieve things and to do and to experience things is a wholesome and healthy characteristic of life of all life imo from human beings to armadillos to redwoods each in its own context but the fear of personal insufficiency leads to people warping and distorting the innate drives to acheive and to actualize into a self fixated impulse to win and to dominate over others and to be dependent on things exterior to the self for well being or acknowledgement or validation this fear invariably results in distorted relationships with the self and from there with all others which are intrinsically less meaningfull, less nourishing, and less reliable than they would be if the fear of insufficiency were not so prevalent this is a moral truth which each of us can attest to in some degree by simply looking at our own lives and while i am not familiar enough with the fiction of star wars to speak in a cannonically accurate manner, i am familiar enough with life to say that this is the essencial distinction between Jedi and the "dark side" in real life there is no dark side of the force there is only the force but there are and will always be people who have yet to reach that place internally where they/we recognise the difference between self actualization and self fixated ego power games its as simple and as challenging as being able to stay grounded in self confidence and love for both the self and the other and it is the loss of this confidence and love which is at the heart of every single act which can be objectively agreed upon to be morally wrong
    • Questions (Last post by Adder)
    • Well for me its like stirring soup, you work the handle but all the action goes on underneath the surface. So how a day is managed represents the nature of ones path but since we try to be almost the opposite of cloistered, its going to be dictated by external conditions mostly I'd guess. In my quiet moments I can knuckle down and focus on specific topics which help me grow and perhaps develop some new ideas or learning. What do you do for your meditations? How long? It varies, mostly forms of yoga to connect to perception of a higher spiritual energy. I originally used periodic calm abiding and compassion meditations (they were always about an hour long) to generate a form of continuous meditation, which I punctuate with emptiness meditations and with deity and structural yogas, much like mandalas. During your week, how often do you do things that pertain to your religion? I'm a Forum Moderator so there is that... but otherwise for the physical side, just exercising of the body side of things. Internally its pretty much ongoing as much as possible. Are there any celebrations unique to your religion? If so, what is it and what do you do for it? How often? I find astronomical things useful to connect outside of my own routine perception, such as planetary alignments, significant transition points (solstices, equinoxes) and phenomena (eclipses)... not in an astrological sense though (which I have no opinion on). Seeing the Moon is always a celebration for me. Dreaming is also important so I try to view them as internal celebrations. The other more conventional celebrations I tend respect and participate in as well, but they seem more cultural and so less about my Jedi path and more about those who it means a lot too. Does one gender have a responsibility that the other does not? No. For me, Jediism transcends concepts like gender, sex, race, or even species!!! I tend to view all life as equal in spirit, but that has some practical problems when it comes to other species of life... while its obvious not all things are equal in capabilities - I don't think we should define someones responsibilities based just on their capabilities, as Jediism is much more about growth and creativity wherever that might be found. What do you do to become higher ranked? If your active within the various systems here then the systems can recognize this and provide you opportunities to extend that activity to better help others. I'm not sure rank offers any benefit though to self but it can help other know a little about the person, as its just an indication of progress, commitment and often duties here. Do you have a right of passage? The Temple has levels of commitment. When I joined it was an Oath to 'be' a 'Jedi' as loosely outlined by the doctrine but open to the individual variations, and later a Vow to be a representation of the doctrine and Temple, as a Temple 'Knight'. But saying that, all this is just my own path and in my opinion of course!!! Good luck with your assignment.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • An einem offenen Paradiesgärtchen geht der Mensch gleichgültig vorbei und wird erst traurig, wenn es verschlossen ist. (Gottfried Keller) ("Man walks by the open paradise garden and doesn't care. Only then does he get sad when said garden is closed.)
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • 15 mins on wiifit, yesterday five min meditation. ;-) it's a start. Finally starting to feel better again.
    • Jediism and Psionics (Telekinesis, ESP, Empathy, e... (Last post by GalUnDrux)
    • Namaste Jedi, For many of my years i have been fascinated by the possibility of TK (Tele-Kinesis) and other forms of PK (Psycho-Kinesis) and whilst growing up through my teens and early 20's i would search and search for info related to the development of TK.. amongst other things, i found Qi Gong energy cultivation exercises and a few videos related to whats called a Psi-Wheel but nothing really tangible, until i found this website the other month.. psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com/ I have always had a telepathic connection with my family and close friends and over the last couple of years i have noticed an increase in my creativity and my ability whilst meditation to access what feels like a higher creative zone has really helped understanding the "layout" of the metaphysical universe, specifically how thought works on the higher dimensions, aswel as doing energy cultivation techniques daily, i feel TK is very much within my grasp.. although i have not had any success yet with a Psi-Wheel, i have had some success with sensing the energy of inanimate objects, more so my crystals and my lightsabre :)... So, i highly recommend that forum - even if just for fun! :)
    • TotJO Programming Thread (Last post by den385)
    • Thank you, Adder! I know the main thing I love in programming: building healthy systems of relationships. But this goes beyond code. Now I got a job of a developer in a sense that there'll be more high-level design issues. I hope to find some aspects that will allow me to use my humanitarian skills more. Pure programming is way too rational for me. I am 50/50 humanitarian/technical and I suffer when the balance is 90% technical as it is in programming. Also, for me it is important not only how to work (Jedi Way) and what to work (career choice, balance between skills), but also where to work (an opportunity to make Jedi Way more substantial in job). I do think it is hard to be satisfied with a job in helping people, in purpose. But purpose is one of aspects of productivity. I do not think we can ignore it - neither as professionals, nor of course as Jedi.
    • Real World Jedi (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this interview is about 45 - 50 minutes the link says "economic-finance" that's incorrect this interview is about being awesome www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-do...ats/v/sean-osullivan
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Ratcliffe)
    • I am grateful for today or perhaps more to the point I am grateful that, thanks to the temple, I finally get that all I have is now. The peace that brings me is perhaps the first I have ever know and for that I am not able to language my appreciation.

There are 236 visitors, 6 guests and 24 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Damion_Storm, Adder, Darren, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Silvermane, JJ, Mathew Erickson, KalSterner, Deepseablue, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Tarran, Rocda, Tk768, Sha Karn, Loudzoo, Jackus Boxallus, smirq, Atticus509.

Follow Us