Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • alternatives to Facebook? (Last post by Tarran)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Please tell me more about this?? :D EDIT: I feel like such a boob - Gathered Force Community is in FB :P lol And here I thought it was a Jedi social media thing all on its own :D ahahahaha Umm.....It is....it's own thing....all on its own ;) The Facebook Page is just a platform of connectivity....much like TOTJO's very own facebook page ;) Try putting the words together.....and a .com at the end of those words ;) maybe even add a http://www. before the words.....Warning<-- Kit is being silly gatheredforcecommunity.com/ My derpiness knows no bounds... ahahahahahahahaha Hey, I've always said I'm about as sharp as a bag of wet mice! LOL ;) THANKS, YOU TWO! ^_^
    • IP discussion area (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: he problem I have is explaining what I have learned. It is also extra intimidating when I read others journals and other posts throughout the forums. Everyone is so well spoken and seem to have no problem putting their thoughts down. Does anyone have any tricks to help with this? Just say it the way that sounds best to you. Ultimately, you're the only person you've got anything to prove to, and if it sounds good to you, it'll probably sound great to everybody else, too. And if it's not clear enough, well, that's what private-messaged questions are for, right? You've got this. Don't compare yourself to anybody except who you were five minutes ago. :)
    • Doing Good Through Distributed Computing (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Anyone else out there involved in doing good through things like World Community Grid or that kind of thing? I used to be heavily involved in SETI@Home, but I wanted to do something that can make a real difference for people here on planet Earth. The PC I currently use was originally built to be an ultimate gaming rig, and now all that processing power has been going to waste - Intel CORE i7 8 core CPU, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, and 24 gigabytes of RAM. It's a monster and I've been using it to browse and watch youtube videos for the most part. Once I realized the potential that was being squandered I installed the BOINC manager and now it's mapping cancer markers, crunching numbers for the clean energy project, and looking for treatments for ebola. If anyone else out there is involved with this, let me know, maybe we could team up. :cheer:
    • Ethics - Stop just saying the word (Last post by Adder)
    • Yeap. It looks like they are trying to push the individual as a sensor to the broader command and control (C2) processes as technology penetrates more and more, but for the most confrontational version of this.. the soldier with a rifle stoppage retreating into close quarters to resolve it, and having to pull a handgun and engage someone face to face in a room, technology or C2 really is not in the picture anymore. I think in those scenario's ethics and morality only exist at the level of is the contact either 'enemy', 'friendly' or 'non-combantant'. The distinction between the first and last gets a lot tougher in some scenario's, but in a kill or be killed situation the decision making would likely fall entirely on the duty element of the job to meet that job description and that means no individual moral or ethical consideration beyond threat/situational assessment ie what your getting paid to do. But for the rest of the time (majority) even within combat additional time and capabilities can exist to allow the individual defence person to exert their own awareness and assessment to improve the quality of information being fed into that C2. Putting the 'i' in Infantry (meaning 'information') :lol:
    • Jedi and Drugs (Last post by 6h057)
    • Based solely on my own experiences and observations, LSD and Entheogens in general are not necessarily used for exploration of external space, but rather internal space. Your 'vision' of external space begins to fall in line with you perceive as your internal life. You project the beauty or ugliness you see in yourself at that moment onto the world. Not as an actual divorce from reality, but as an understanding of, this is what I'm experiencing inside myself right now. It helps you to pick out the internal and external factors that lead to your current mental and emotional state and understand interdependence. From what I see in the culture surrounding these particular substances, people don't see them as recreational at all. More as a powerful tool. Timothy Leary, et al. all believe that it was something to be done carefully and with great respect for the experience. There should always be someone present that functions as ground control for you when you go down this path. The only way for one to understand consciousness is to experiment with it. Limit it, expand it, alter it, whatever you need to do in order to observe the change that happens. Since it is intangible and only observable by the person in the experience, we have to rely on subjective experience. Then again, consciousness IS subjective experience. Without a sense of self or separateness, we can't experience what it means to be objective in the first place, to even experience belonging. Meditation can get you to these places with immense amounts of practice, sure. But there is a reason that scientists and doctors both use Entheogens to assist in the study of consciousness, because the results can be acquired in a regular and predictable time frame. Do I think that these substances can be considered useful to Jedi? Absolutely. I've had a few eureka moments because of LSD, Dipropyl-Triptamine and Mushrooms. I would say that my current understanding of the flux of energy in the universe and how karma/law of reciprocal energy exchange work are rooted in these experiences. I wouldn't have broken through my religious indoctrination as a Conservative Christian or dealt with my history of sexual abuse as positively if I didn't have a history with these chemicals. Dipropyl-Triptamine (DPT) is actually legal to possess, the experience is rather short lived and quite enlightening. It's my favorite of these kind of experiences. Am I advocating? No. Be responsible and enter at your own risk. You're playing with your mind here. Those of unsound mind should avoid at all costs.
    • Today I.... (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Spoke with a Democratic Party Organizer at Starbucks. He is awesome, the reason he got involved in politics is to get people to exercise their right to vote in order to exact the change they want in the world. ^^ When he and I talked, he didn't once try to talk me into voting for Hilary either- instead we spoke on the concerns we had with different policies- one particular one being Obamacare. After listening to my one and only real grip with it, he ended up suggesting that I look into an Independent candidate. We spoke in great depth on the subject of how Bernie Sander's idea could work, and what problems which have been faced on the matter. He has a passion for building a means of retaining resources (environmental projects), which is a major part of why he believes in the Democratic Party. The knowledge he possesses on the subject of water problems is vast, and the gentleman is only 23 with a lot of experience. Today, I held a good conversation with someone that is in an opposite party to my own. Neither one pushing our ideologies onto one another, just a good talk, with valuable information- and a shared interest in inspiring others to vote regardless of whether they agree with our concerns or not. :)
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Kamizu)
    • You know, Anxiety, I'm really tired of your @)$(*. You've been clinging to my back all week. Go. Away. I'm going to be flying solo as a parent for the next three days and I don't need your 'help'. *)@* off!
    • "The Death of Expertise" (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: @Gisteron Interesting, thank you! I value your opinion. Also, I'm just going to point out that I previously mentioned appeals to authority being logical fallacies, and this point is in fact addressed in the article, which I would have known had I read the article before responding! :D Appeals to authority are only fallacies in certain situations and contexts, most of which involve using such appeals to attempt to negate opposing evidence, or when cited with no supporting evidence of their own.
    • Watch what happens when regular people try to use ... (Last post by Goken)
    • I would like to point out that it repeatedly stated that people without firearms training were the issue. They said that they used people with varying degrees of training but then only compared people with no training to police officers. What about the citizens with a good amount of training? People like myself, who carry a gun on a regular basis but also have years of training not only in using the firearm but in handling those kinds of situations, would most likely react more like the officers. Of course throwing someone with no training into that situation would be bad. The same thing would happen if you threw someone with no experience driving into a high speed chase then compared them to a cop in a high speed pursuit. Also, many cities with strict hand gun laws (including entire bans) have loads of gun related violence. Then when guns are allowed in those cities the gun violence seems to go down. Here are some articles about the decrease in violence in Chicago since enacting a concealed carry law: http://www.illinoismirror.com/one-year-after-concealed-carry-chicago-homicide-rate-plunges-to-56-year-low/ http://truthinmedia.com/crime-rates-in-chicago-plummet-after-il-implements-concealed-carry/ The idea always seems to be that if someone is pro-gun they are pro-buy-as-many-guns-as-you-want-and-don't-register-them-or-bother-training-with-them. That's not true. The average person who wants to carry a gun wants to train with it and know how to use it. If a person isn't willing to train with a gun then they shouldn't be allowed to carry it. That is what I got out of that article and I couldn't agree more.

There are 481 visitors, 5 guests and 29 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Sarus, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, Adder, isisinabi, Rosalyn J, PatrickB, Whyte Horse, Kamizu, Cyrith, Pyrus Erath, Calanon, Cristris_Jons, Tarran, Dessel761, Rocda, den385, Archpoet, TheDude, Krieger, Protonix, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, Spartanmeup, 6h057.

Follow Us