Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • "Not all Truth is true..." (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I know, and in most cases, it would be best if people stuck to the facts, but there their they're selfish enough to think the truth is more important. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Hey, I say I'm wrong all the time...:) Thanks Gisteron....;)
    • The Sword as a Weapon of the Jedi (Last post by Adder)
    • My personal opinion is to try and integrate it into meditation. From emptiness meditation you resolve back up to discrete data points (quanta) throughout space, and them imagine connecting to the field of these as expressed uniformly across/throughout all matter. I try to imagine them with different color for different reasons - emotion, intent, temperature, hardness, collision velocity are just some examples which could be useful... using the scale of visible light to translate from low to high values of relevance. Old computer simulations often looked like this because the computers could not handle image textures and block color without shading offered no useful depth perception. For the same reason I find it useful, not because the brain isn't powerful enough to view reality in high detail (obviously it is), but because the exercise is to shift brain power from normal perception and normal processing instead to increased processing and reduced/shaped perception. The goal being some advantage in processing or experience of being connected to the Force in a different way. Then from that basis, I view the lightsaber/staff/stick 'Forms' to be different interpretations of the relationship between oneself and that (Force) field. The shared central point is either the CoG of the body or, perhaps more ideally for wielding, the central point between your shoulders, as briefly discussed here. Otherwise whatever real 'weapon' is best probably should be that which best achieves the desired effect with the least undesired effects, and that ignores the question of why we'd need a weapon anyway.... my first spiritual book I ever read was the called Zen Karate, and it devoted a lot of effort into talking about awareness and avoidance. Now as an adulthood I do know it is all about effective risk appraisal and planning together with training and preparation. So I think the merit of it is as a tool for training the mind and body, which just happens to have some defensive (and offensive) capacity as a last resort.
    • Advice needed: how to shut up. (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: Some tips and tools are: 1. Pause - just pause when you can. Focus on listening. Ponder more. Reflect on what was just said. Repeat what was just said so you show the other person that you are listening. 2. "Stop and Reset" - every chance you get to practice this, do it. As soon as you feel these things coming up for you - Stop. Stop it. Say, "Stop". Say, "I need to stop right now and reset". Then pause. breath at least three times. Let the emotions settle down and your judgements to wash away. From this clear space - speak. 3. Meditate more. start and end your day. Affirm your plans for the day. Affirm how you want to be - today. Take as many breaks as you need to meditate. focus on being Calm, Cool, and Collected. Visualize yourself in challenging situations being the person that you want to be - the person that you are under all of this. Reset your mental patterns. Fill your thoughts of affirmations of how you want to be. Replace old patterns with new healthy ones. Thank you - I've been adding self-conditioning phrases and mantras to my meditation practice. I regularly do metta meditation, and I will add CCC (good one to remember) to my routine. Making a point to take time to think before saying something I'd later regret has really helped me. I'm still developing the ideal strategy to go about this without looking weird, but I have to say that just contemplating the advice people here have given me has led to my not getting into any kind of confrontational situation over the last few weeks. Although I had an enormous amount of stress at work, I somehow managed to stay calm.
    • Creating A Society (Last post by ghost dog)
    • I know I am really new, but I just wanted to say that this could actually be a lot easier than some may think(before my self imposed break ends). There are several fund raising websites: kickstarter, indiegogo(?), gofund me, and the like. also think about where Yoda was, which may just be a training ground. Some temples take not much more than people willing to construct them out of available resources. I'm sure there are numerous places that this could happen. Trust me, I know about financial barriers, but actually building a temple is a lot more practical than one might think. It doesn't have to be fancy. On the other hand with a successful kickstarter type fundage, the right vision, and people who are willing to do the work themselves something amazing is not out of reach. Again, I know I am just a newbie, but what I've seen so far is really resonating with presently.
    • Grey Jedi Code Anyone? (Last post by AJGBlack)
    • I personally found the code as written to be a little messy. When you look at the two main versions of the Jedi code: Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force. and There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force. Then you look at the Sith code: Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. The Grey code presented has no rhythm to it. I've actually been pondering and working on my own version for a while. It's meant to be used as a mantra or like the rosary as well. Through Darkness I know Light, Through Light I know Darkness, Through this Understanding I gain Balance Through Balance I gain Focus Through Focus I gain Discipline Through Discipline I gain Knowledge Knowledge is Power The Force shall free me I think similarly to Cabur, in that we all have passions and urges, what makes anything dark is what we do with them. Understanding and moving past one's darkness, accepting one's self and moving past these things. For me, that is the way of a Jedi. The Jedi code, for me, is something that denies our human nature. I created the above Grey code as a way of acknowledging that nature and using it instead of suppressing it. Two quotes that embody this line of thinking, one real world and the other fiction. :) "Emotion can be the enemy. If you give in to your emotion, you lose yourself. You must be at one with your emotions because the body always follows the mind." -Bruce Lee "Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo
    • I need help with a speech (Last post by OwenShea)
    • There are a couple ways around using a quote that might not be fully appropriate for the setting. One way you can use is “If I may summarize a quote by John Doe, ’Edited Spoken Words’” This would allow you to edit a longer quote to make it appropriate, but maybe keep the desired content of value, while still crediting the originator of the quote. Summarizing or paraphrasing a direct quote is allowed as long as you give credit and accurately represent the original idea/information. With some care, I would think that at least some of the quotes that have meaning to you could be made to fit this setting. You might also discuss this with one of the faculty you trust that knows of the situation. They may be able to help guide you in acceptable paraphrasing of quotes for your speech. The last thing you would want to happen would be to get caught improperly quoting in an academic speech as the top dog, telling a Catholic headmaster that a Jedi told you to do it. :lol:
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Regulator In the Great Hall The Regulator tick-tocks its authority ; A pound of plomb pulling delicately on the tiny teeth Gnawing away the seconds ... the minutes ... the hours ... When things and events are tried by space-timed tests ; Second-winds can even be solar, Minute hands held only a moment Slipping the wedding rings of Saturn Onto just the right left-hand finger. The Regulator's bold, cold command Tick-tocks in the hangar Where passengers await departures and arrivals, Reunions and separations For negotiating all the Joy and Lamentation Of Family Business and Con-merce Offers taken and rejected according to the Calendar : What House is the Goddess in ? Tick-tock and take the next train ... The Regulator holds his own hands Without Sentiment nor Will And chimes his mechanical majesty To the herd of livestock below -- With unexpressed Sentiments and Will we obediently reset our watches, Holding hope and fear (and sometimes hands) off for later, 'Til it's 'Time' - Tea-times, Dinner times, Bed times ... ... and train times according to the Times Told too early and late for Tears. Surveying the Great Hall With Absolute Authority and Pardon The Regulator passes its hands indifferently over Accidents ; One train arrives too early and Another too late -- An important meeting is missed, Sighing Saturn ring-less away in the tock- -ticking second hand solar Wind ... The yellowed remnant of a rain-stained page of the Times Blows unnoticed on the rails disappearing into the salty fog. ~ Alexandre Orion 21 December 2014

There are 300 visitors, 9 guests and 34 members online (6  in chat): Shadouness, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Connor L., Adder, Adhara, Gisteron, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, Llama Su, Kamizu, zeronycon, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, Zenchi, a67, blindbat84, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, taidavrikaurvan, SeventhSL, Goken, Culla, den385, Solipsis, Dragonspeakerz, Luke Shirlock, Keran Doshe, marco, TheForceWithin, Everett, Jihad, JorgeAGR, B.W.Vaughn.

Follow Us