Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • BBC News - "Have Jedis created a new religion... (Last post by Darren)
    • www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29753530 Another news article about Jediism, this time from the BBC, posted yesterday. Akkarin is mentioned and quoted! :cheer: (We all need to get autographs while we have the chance.) It seemed to have the usual jokes and Star Wars references, but there was a good bit around the middle that I thought portrayed us well (particularly where Singler was involved).
    • Further Religious Structure (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Most people here tend to enjoy the looseness of the doctrine, and if it were more specific then it would, as has already been mentioned, cut some people out. Doubtless in the future people will produce books about Jedi Teachings, but those books will not form official doctrine, they would only help inform some Jedi about some of the teachings. A key aspect of Jediism is understanding relationships, not just between yourself and your friends, but you and your environment in a metaphysical sense (through the Force), and understanding also that the more one tries to control, the more control will inevitably slip away.
    • The Never-Ending Story... (Last post by Proteus)
    • I grew up on the movie (and the sequel, but only the first one). I hadn't thought much about it since those days, so this connection to Buddhism is new to me (and rather interesting). I've read some reviews of the book which I think I would like to read someday. Given what I have learned about the Hero's Journey, and religions such as Buddhism, I think it might be an interesting read. As for that video itself, I actually don't know where they were trying to go with one character being overly dramatic and the other being dismissive - whether they were trying to support what they were pointing out or if they were just making fun of it, or both for some reason?
    • Virtues or Choices? (Last post by Llama Su)
    • Hurry up, but wait... :sick: :dry: :laugh: We all have to exist by rules, and natural universal law... There is a time and place to know the right "choice" to hurry or to wait... :silly: Conscious awareness of the impact of either, in the moment, is in our mastering the way of the tenants: Focus, knowledge, wisdom... The practice of teaching number eight. To have a patient mind and patient action, matched or balanced... Patience is of high value for it is inner work, self actualization.... Patience can accompany any other virtue, this is why I personally think it is the greatest of. To not have patience shows or exhibits desire, an attachment to expectation to rush or hurry, and or of young/youthful/immature/ or weak mind... A selfish trait to take/ receive/ demand patience in others for you, yet to have/ provide/ give no patience in others... I think it takes a conscious awareness, maybe choice, to balance the hurry with the wait... Just my opinion...
    • It would seem i've posted this in the wrong place.... (Last post by Adder)
    • [image] Mine catching up on the Jay Oh at the Tee Oh Tee. Had a diabetes type 2 diagnosis a couple of years ago, good news is after about 800 injections she is now 2 months off all medication, symptom free, and testing all healthy!!! Fingers xed.
    • Is questioning one's faith inevitable? (Last post by ChillBroBaggins)
    • I honestly believe if one is diligent about their studies they will take what they once learned from the frame of new knowledge (which may then be applied). This usually means completely reevaluating most personal outlooks in life and everything GOOD that will come from that. :) On a side note, I question my faith of task everyday as everyday for me is a new challenge at university. Always be working on something that fulfills you and it will only help to align you to your innermost faith, the one which resonates the most for you.
    • Domestic abuse victim alerts police to her ordeal ... (Last post by Goken)
    • I wonder what the boyfriend was more upset with, the fact that she called the cops, or that there wasn't actually going to be any pizza? In all seriousness though that was really smart of her and the operator. It's terrible that she was in that situation but it was great that she finally called on him. I hope that she gets the help she needs and finds someone who will treat her with respect.

There are 312 visitors, 10 guests and 35 members online (3  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Jedi_Roz, ren, Kitsu Tails, Adder, Adhara, Darren, Desolous, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Clone_Warrior, Arcade, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, zeronycon, elizabeth, Edan, Silvermane, tzb, benedictveritas, Calanon, Acheron, Revan Falton, jheitzenrater, Tarran, Exarchias, Jay Hunter, dannyboy, Daniel Haokip, Dynamite, Cozzy, lukeyin966, AlastairJohnJames.

Follow Us