Hello Long Time

Moderators: Adder, Adhara

Hello Long Time 30 Nov 2011 15:11 #45244

Hello Fellow Jedi,

It has been awhile since I have logged on. Forgive me for my absence from the temple I went and took some personal time by myself and in nature. I've been in a lot of mediation, in service to others and reaching out to the Force. I've really been doing alot of personal workouts at the gym because in the past I haven't been plus, there is a sauna there and it's very relaxing after a good workout to go in there and unwind and mediate and be one with the force. Oddly, enough I had another person in there tell me that I had a very strong aura coming from me. I smiled at him and and said thank you. However, I've also been finding myself wandering into the forests near my home and finding myself mediating. I try to stretch out with my feelings to all things within my surroundings. The Rocks, the trees, the sound of the river crushing against the waves, the birds in the air, the gentle breeze. Another thing I have been doing is helping the salvation army this year with thanksgiving packages. It was really rewarding for myself to see that the human heart still cares even in these economic trying times. I tried to offer help at a local retirement home but they wouldn't let me because I wasn't associated with an organization that they were willing to except....lol the receptinist looked at me really weird when I said I was a jedi, "You...mean from like starwars???" (laughs) it was fun though. I understood not everyone takes our views seriously. Other than that working and enjoying life thought I would drop all my fellow Jedi and let those of you that know me know that I am still around :)

M.T.F.B.W.Y!

Sven One
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Real Jedi vs Fictional Jedi (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Most charismatic leaders defend themselves very well not with physical abilities but with words...the ability to manipulate or persuade others can be a more effective defense than actually being able to raise a finger... Yes some will fight no matter what is said, but if one is skilled in manipulation they don't have to defend themself because they can manipulate others to do it for them... Smart people can find ways out of/around fighting ...
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: With all due respect, I don't believe you should post something of this nature in an open forum and then require others to answer as you see fit. This is a discussion, and opinions are valuable. Just stating that we are 'interested' accomplishes nothing. True.. that this is a open forum, I respect that part. Sometimes a more but every opinion is valuable.. saying that it is nothing is still something. It can help us to understand how people are thinking about it. See it as an opinion like: I think it has potential, but I can not say if I like it or not, I will see what it will do and bring.. It tells us that people are following this idea, without making a decision.. It tells us in numbers how many of the active members are aware of this idea and that is important valuable stuff.. If you know how many people are aware gives great numbers of how many support it from the active members. Assuming that a large part post his or her opinion. Sometimes a tunnel vision is needed to get good numbers, it seems that I can not accomplish it with a thread.. There will come a poll that will give us better insight on this plan. ~Aqua
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Psyddhattha)
    • Being guided by the Doctrine in all aspects of my life, being mindful, training, following my bliss... That's enough for me and personally I don't care if others take me seriously. :silly:
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Vagabond)
    • To the original poster: Jesus could perform acts of God-what can you do? He also died for us on the cross-what will you do? My membership at this site is perhaps the one I attend to the least, yet I have several memberships myself. Respect and even knowledge of me varies from site-to-site, but many know me, even if they do not know that they know me. But who are you, who walks in, claims to be a messiah, a chosen one, blasting your ideas in quite a heated discussion that picked up pace faster than some that I have seen? In terms of the separate groups, which span more than have been mentioned here, especially if you count the other Star Wars archetypes, all have different approaches. Here we have an officially registered religious group. RJK is perhaps the only group to teach swordsmanship as a formal part of the curriculum. IJRS trains formalized course in specific subject areas, among other things. How will you bridge these gaps? Not all come for the swordsmanship, or the religion, or to go to school. What will be your standard, other than using a trademark symbol apparently without knowledge that it's trademarked? Quote: We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers What good will militarizing do? Jedi are not soldiers. How will this benefit anyone? Going on the offensive seems the number one way to ensure peace not be achieved.
    • How do you meditate? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: Quote: That is a personal question I don't have to answer :angry: Lol... One of my favorite methods is to sit and sharpen my sword...watching the light reflect off the blade as I listen to the sound of the diamond stone sliding along the edge. Then listening to the sound made when I strum my thumb across the edge to check the sharpness...then feel the blade sliding past as I wipe the residue from it with a cloth.... If you like that, and doing it over the years.. the sword will get smaller from all those whetstones? I have lots of swords B)
    • Tapatalk (Last post by jedi_roz)
    • No worries Jestor, it's a puzzle for me too! ;-) Okay so I touch forum and nothing happens. If I touch feed I get some options. I'm including screen captures. If I touch on the various feeds it will show some of the discussions going on but I have to refresh individual ones to get anywhere. Just thought that there might be a better way to use this app, that's why I asked ;-) [attachment]
    • Inglorius... film discussion. (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Thanks for the responses, :) People have good points and so thanks for the input. Aqua- I enjoyed your posts but I'm not fully sure you understood my question about who the Nazis are of today- I say this because I felt like you gently implied that I was searching for Nazis (lol- writing such a strange sentence...). I'm not interested in finding Nazis or people with similar ideas but rather was interested in whether people here could recognise if and whether they (or other people) alienate and distance themselves from other groups of people. Edan- thanks for input on group mentality- that makes good sense to me. I wonder what group mentalities we flow along with! I particularly like Quote: 'People like to throw names like 'chav' around because it means they don't have to see or take responsibility for what is happening. It puts up a barrier between 'us' and 'them', when really it is just all 'us'. ' thanks... RyuJin- thanks for thinking outside the box for the time travelling question, :p A much more preferable approach to diplomatically talk to avoid the war that try and end it with another death... Jamie Stick- ty for comments about our ability to slip into easy comparison. Each scenario is indeed different. Ckott- I can't say for sure- but I don't think Hitler's mother was raped... Where did you get that information (or disinformation)? Anyway- thanks for the small discussion.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Doomeniek)
    • Ugh i feel terrible!! I used to play rugby train two times a week. When i was in top shape i weighed 110KG, but after i had to quit due to my knee injury i dropped to 81KG. Reading all this makes me realise i have to work out some more ... but for now im grabbing another beer :) free from work tomorrow! Cheers -Doomeniek
    • about meditation (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Walking is for me a good way to meditate, when me and my wife take the dog for a long walk in the forest, we actually dont say a word, we can let go of thoughts. Time we forget :P it feels so refreshing afterwords I have done that while walking very slow on a treadmill, eyes closed, holding the side rail, breathing in and out in sinc with my steps. I focus and visualizeon on the repetitive motions of my body & it's sensations as it moves through the steps. Very grounding.
    • Grey Jedi...Anyone else? (Last post by ckott)
    • I thought it was India and they did it because you mostly eat with your hand and wipe your ass with your left hand....so basically they cut off the left and u can imagine from there im sure

There are 198 visitors, 5 guests and 38 members online (2  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, RyuJin, Jestor, jedi_roz, Nakis, Wescli Wardest, Adhara, Darren, Desolous, Red Lila, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Reacher, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, Clone_Warrior, scott777ab, ckott, Arcade, Llama Su, Kamizu, Cyrith, tzb, Senan, Kaverael, benedictveritas, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, Cabur Senaar, Targeran Arynal, Aqua, Revan Falton, McMiklosh, Spixxen, Jeffery Williams, jheitzenrater.

Follow Us